/vn/ - Rescue-tai Edition

Visual Novel General #1670

READ THE FOLLOWING, THIS IS IMPORTANT
>Having trouble with your VN? Try the following before you ask for tech support:
1. Be in Japanese locale
2. Read the Readme
3. Read the wiki below
4. Google it

>FAQs, Recommendations, and Other Useful Things:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/

>Need a novel with a specific element?
vndb.org/g

>Download Links:
pastebin.com/CrzJ4Xrd/

Previous thread:
This general is for the discussion of English-translated Japanese visual novels.
All posting of untranslated visual novels belongs on E-celeb shitposting is not allowed.
Kindly use spoiler tags appropriately when discussing plot spoilers to facilitate smooth discussion.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zyVqqlIWG1k
twitter.com/AnonBabble

TWO FUCKING MONTHS

Why haven't you played her game yet‽

Slutty women and cuckolds go home

I remember that shit VN and that non-honorific full of meme translation.
What a waste of time and money SP did to release this turd.

;_;

Loli babaas.

Otonashi Ayana

I'm waiting for the PC version

I wish every Moonstone title was like W Happiness but the thing is it's a fandisc so it's gonna be light

He probably won't unless something really sticks out since there are so many games he could play for the ironic weeb cred nowadays. Back then it was part of the early wave of VNs to be put on steam so had far less choice.

That doesn't exist!

About to start pic related. What should I expect?

Yuki

They should try to get Euphoria or Suck My Dick Or Die on Steam then

>tfw a girl will never have thoughts like this about it

Is a shame that Root A is the peak of this VN and all the others are worse. At least it picks back up slightly after B though.

Kindly refrain from talking about all-ages kusoge.

Honestly I really don't even think it picks up that much after A.

I was really fucking hype for D and then like 60-70% of it is flashbacks

Even though these statements are true...

I still liked Root Double

The game is much more about it's character than following a plot. If you don't want to learn more about them the vn is not for you.

It's a solid 8/10.

cute

I think that princess evangile was kind of a fluke and the moege boom we've seen will eventually subside as these games keep flopping.

And I think that's really sad

I actually like the characters a lot. My problem is that so much of the characters is only revealed to us solely in D route and that leads into the flashback issue

Also, you can't tell me it's about character when B and C are very focused on Haruhiko. A route wasn't as heavily focused on Watase and got us to know the characters much better. That's why it's the bes troute

>as these games keep flopping.
The only ones that's "flopping" is SP. Whenever MG puts out a new moege, it's always a top seller. Even D.S. It was in their top 5 for like a month.

Shutup

Topseller doesn't mean much when everything else isn't selling much.

I liked the characters and reveals, but the amount of time and flashbacks needed to do so just dragged it down.
I guess it just comes down to bad pacing, which is similar to something like Ever 17 which I still enjoyed mostly with how Coco's route wrapped it up.

It was a top seller on their page but I don't think it moved that many units did it?

I guess they'll have alicesoft to fall back on for a while at least, those games should consistently sell well

A great atmosphere but awful route design. Enjoy clicking around aimlessly.

Abusive mother confirmed

>Stein's;Gate spoilers
Konami isn't nice at all

I know DC3 did well for them as it pushed Rance off the top seller spot on their store for a time. not so sure about DS though.

They should sell common routes separately and routes as add-ons. I only read one route and ~$40 is kind of a steep cost for like 10 hours.

Me on the right

Dies Irae tried that but I don't know how well it worked

>I'm sado
OK

Please no, it would just give them an excuse to jack up prices. It might be cheaper for people who want selective routes but I could see the overall cost going up.

I want to touch Chiho's twintails.

Confusion.

I want to smell them and wrap them around my penis!

Thinking of starting SakuSaku after seeing all those cute pics being posted lately. What am I in for guys?

Of their recent major releases over the past year, Funbag Fantasy, the Rances, D.S. and especially D.C.III and W Happiness were top sellers. And the latter two were in the top 5 for quite some time

The only one I'm not sure about is Himawari.

If it wasn't selling a decent amount it would have fallen off after a week or two like what Space Live is doing right now (started at #1, is now at #5 in less than 2 weeks)

Huh ok, well that's reassuring. MG are bros and I'd honestly like to see them succeed.

>punished mio
Why is drama in moege nearly always bad?

SakuSaku still has a fullscreen bug that hasn't been fixed. Some people have been able to get around it by disabling DPI scaling, for others that doesn't work.
Lewd Ann for condolences.

W Happiness is still in the top 5 actually. It's been in the top 5 since release. In fact it keeps going down and up.

You forgot about that one Miss Lonesome Oto-ge too. That's still there

Swear I set it to spoiler the image.

pls smile again.

Around 70% cute 30% utsuge

Hopefully Evenicle sells well and we get more S/RPGs type VNs.
A shame we won't get anything from Eushully since they hate gaijins.

Hanako-te yuuna!

That's not utsuge

How long does Amane route in Grisaia drag on for? Getting tied of Kazuki being obnoxious.

It's a little bit on the crying and depressing side of moege than the regular drama

iuna*

Angelic Howl is ~5h

About 14 days

Didn't her VA die?

>A shame we won't get anything from Eushully since they hate gaijins.
People said that about Minato Soft for Majikoi and JAST somehow got them on board (ok it took something like 4 years but still). So it isn't impossible if someone is persistent enough. They might even look at how well Alicesoft's stuff is doing and get motivated to change for western money.

Kuon's? I don't think so, at least not according to Wikipedia

Nakige is probably more appropriate. An utsuge tries to make you feel like shit and normally doesn't have a happy ending

No but she is on a long hiatus. I think she has some sickness.

The sickness known as death

What VN should I use to kill myself lads?

Euphoria

Sounds right up my alley. Do I need to prepare some tissues?

School Days is perfect for that.

Piece of Wonder I remember being exceptionally terrible. Its got a nostalgic feel to it that you'll want while killing yourself.

youtube.com/watch?v=zyVqqlIWG1k

Yeah maybe the Rance and Evenicle sales numbers will convince them.
Would kill for Kami no Rhapsody.

Maybe

You might cry from how dumb the drama is.

It's a utsuge because there's so many girls that you can't date and that VN doesn't hava a fandisc.

Sansha Mendan literally fucking when

Once SP's check goes through

Need to play the first two

Can't be as bad as the dumb drama in Dal Segno (I hope)

Yup, a lot of tissues and more if you first route is Yuuri.

I'm literally starting her route now after Ann and Konami. Can't wait.

I like how SakuSaku has some dialogue purposefully play in the background, usually while the MC is monologuing or speaking with a different character. It's a shame that the effect is almost totally lost since it can't be translated.

>6 Condons; Dead pan eyes: I-I'm alright...
>A wholo box of Condons; Half dead: I can't... anymore.

Yeah, it's really nice. I can only get it due to 10+ years of animu and VNs and the dialogue isn't too complicated.

How long is the first Utawarerumono?

Fuck you. I was genuinely worried I was about to have a stroke.

Subahibi
The boredom will kill you

Some VN engines support non-textbox/image text to display but it requires extra scripting so there's pretty much no chance it will be done by a official release since that requires extra work and the documentation is pretty much non-existent so fan translations likely have no idea how to do it.

Like i said last thread you have no idea what utsuge means user.

It's been a while but I'd say 20-30 or so hours? If you do play it, at least do hard mode 1, because I remember normal being too easy.
It's up to you though.

Well, they did it for MLA

me and my cats

wow you have very attractive cats

>this will never be real
>you'll never be Cashew

This VN.

netori is the sexiest thing on the planet

>I was genuinely worried I was about to have a stroke.
Oh sorry, now I'm genuinely worried for your health, kosu-nigga-kun.
I'll try harder next time

*netorare

only if a woman is getting NTR'd

>naked sprites

The translator did say he was trying to find a way to do it. Worst case scenario, he said he would make a .txt file with the background conversations translated. That was before he sold out, though.

>sprite goes all the way down to the feet despite never actually being in full view

I love it.