/ddg/ - Dragon's Dogma General

Godsbaned: >Tips for new players
You can change vocations at level 10 at the Gran Soren inn or BBI.
Character appearance can be changed later on.
Don’t miss your sidequests: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Side_Quest_Progression
Further info on "Must Do" sidequests: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qS9A47duONEwozGu8A6_oX_HyCxgBwbquGmlZqEQqqg/edit?usp=sharing
Understanding the romance system: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Beloved
Hard Mode doesn't change enemy AI, it adds higher Stagger/ Knockdown resistances and increases Stamina consumption and Health damage recieved. More info about it in the wiki. Recommended for NG+

>Wiki you lazy shit
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon's_Dogma_Wiki

====================================

>/ddg/ Pawn Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/156IeHCRWMcCTU4nkIIwGgjVBetjVu47C9TvAlAc5HUY/edit?usp=sharing

>Stat Growths
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Stat_Growths

>RC Calculator
opsc.dark-arisen.com/calculator.php?cmd=calculate

>In-depth Beginner/Advanced Player Guide and FAQ
docs.google.com/document/d/17Avxu-W6BCjDrglXtHg8Z3sKB_z_5tlWhV1Vmf_YWHw
gamefaqs.com/boards/626514-dragons-dogma/74291952

>Character Creator Sliders
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QfNzxImmAvPk0jUhfKdyjxwUBg8OUl9iQhLMBL_pEl8/edit?usp=sharing

>Mods available
pastebin.com/jcbPgLdj
pastebin.com/XqfsTx3G
piratepad.net/ep/pad/view/ro.uXOgwZkXAy5/latest

>Hotkey Script for PC Players
pastebin.com/7gju0zt8

>Modding on console and old pawns
pastebin.com/NMTBXnxA

>Guide to get DDO
pastebin.com/mx95PT0w
reddit.com/r/dragonsdogmaonline/

>DDO Beginners Guide
pastebin.com/xgzbcXNg
pastebin.com/338KVa5X

>Screenshot Guide
pastebin.com/6YtfNbcb

>Make webms
pastebin.com/4ipnGRND

Is the old .arc file missing anything ? I'm trying to add exp-table mod to the recent update's .arc file but i can't seem to repack it after i replace the required files.

Post pawns!

Level 45/Utilitarian/Challenger/Mitigator
PSN: SeasonalWeasel

You're most likely lacking the Vehemence and Clout augments.

Would you say Golden weapons are worth keeping and leveling up or just sell them?

Friendly reminder: you can prevent the default 3-star rating by re-hiring that pawn before resting.

I'm still at work so no picture and I forget the exact level since I'm an idiot, I want to say 43
Anyway challenger/scather sorceress for now til that's maxed and then probably make her a strider for a while
PSN: Viral-Protocol

How tall is she?
Only selling

Keep one or two lying around against ice dragons. I think leveled up they silence spell casters.

gonna replace her soon

I lack creativity!

They're incredibly useful against icewyrms in BBI 2.0, especially when you're playing a melee class. If you've no idea what I'm talking about, then you're better off selling them.

173, not sure which category that falls into.

Haven't bothered getting a better screenshot yet

>Missed the ur dragon grace period because of work.
I want those abyss pieces gosh dangit.

>keep getting sangine stalks
I'm still missing half the fucking weapons in bbi. This is frustrating.

>Want some good help from a strong warrior
>Utilitarian / Challenger
>PC

>49,662 Dcp
Has he ever been anything other than a warrior?

It better be something of equal or greater value. I really like Ethy.

>6th stalk in a row
So is this glitched or do I have to make it to get it out of my pool or something? I'm starting to hate this system. i've gone through the daimon six times and it's the same weapon.

That's the best thing for them to be though, outside of swapping for a few augments that you still get pretty early.

It's a dark and predetermined universe, I think you need to make it to get it out of the pool. I don't know why Capcom chose this freakish system, to be honest. Drove me mad trying to just purify shit for a hat.

save before purifying
Then swap both you and your pawn to the vocation that matches the loot pool of the weapon you want. For example, if you want a sword, swap them both to fighters or warriors. Then, godsbane and see what the other results are for the other vocation changes before you find one you're satisfied with, and then swap vocation back to yours and save.

Tl;dr if you purify a level 3 weapon as 2 warriors, you won't get a sanguine stalk.

I decided I didn't like the glasses so those are gone now, but I need to find the most fuccboi clothes possible for """her"""
>Get adapt hat from Emerald king quest II on my main
>Cant trade it to my alt's pawn
Fuck I need a witch hat for him bad

Level 23 Utilitarian/Challenger/Scather
GT: Various Memes

>that's the best thing for them to be though
Why?

what is this and why

Whoops, meant to link to

did you not hear me say i went through six daimon. i said that so i wouldn't get retarded replies like yours.

Obviously its just another little girl mage you can find in the rift, really user I wouldn't lie!

that being said, can someone hire my pawn before i make a new character ? I want to retain her knowledge. Ethy is level200/Strider, if you're not level 200, send me an invite
i feel pressured after this post, but to be honest i feel like shit for using someone else's Pawn. The new pawn should fight good though

If you're on PC, I highly recommend you just get the hook mod and spawn in a bunch of cursed BBI garbage and purify them until you get the thing you want. Or just straight up spawn in the item if you really don't give a shit.

It is cheating, but this system is just god awful its not like there's any skill involved anyway in godsbanning a million times farming the same chests or boss over and over trying to get a specific item that never fucking drops.

Fuck, I always love Griggs' speech just before the fight. It's the only cutscene I never skip no matter how many times I play the game.

is there any way to heal Selene on Elsewhere Bound? Does she ever recover health?

nah just a warrior I left him at 55 to be a good helper

to add to that I am just throwing him up for fun dont hire him unless you want too most of his knowledge has been gained from hires its been interesting to watch

>hire my pawn before i make a new character ? I want to retain her knowledge
What do you mean?

If you make a new character/pawn while your previous pawn is hired then released, the new pawn will get all the bestiary/quest/location knowledge of the previous pawn. Mine happens to have 3 star in everything except for Seneschal

if your pawn is hired when you delete them, then returned after you make a new pawn on the new playthough, they will gain all the previous knowledge of your old pawn I have a level 27 that is more knowledgeable than a few level 150s i have seen

user, your pawn retains all knowledge when you go into NG+
Unless you're trying to cheese the system by starting an entire new game, in which case, shame on you for being a fag

That and the deny salvation one where he shows up, yeah. I even put them both up on youtube so I can re-watch them anytime.

How can he be a good helper when he doesn't have good augments, user? The warrior can benefit a lot from being a fighter and a strider for a while.

can't be arsed to get 3 star in everything once again to be honest

Think I'll hire this one. It'll be a nice contrast to my buff female warrior pawn. You on steam?

his final sentence in that one is probably the best line in the game

>tfw my ranger pawn has over 200,000 dcp
I just don't see a reason to swap her

>GT

I have NO idea what you mean, is this some kind of NG+ mechanic?

no, they're talking about cheesing the system
it involves starting an entirely new game, fresh

That's a really bizarre bug

Keep them as they have Silence, unless you enjoy being buttfucked by Wyrms.

I think there are three golden swords in the game, or 2-3 golden variants of each primary weapon type. This means keep the highest-damage weapons and sell the weaker ones.

Same with Rusted Weapons, keep that shit it's good later.

>why do I need to pay for the inn in Cassardis when I have my own home?

What are her augments?

>If you would face me, seek me out and I shall allow... but heed the zealot's lesson well. When the weak court death, they find it.

That uroboros dragon monocle is genius and I still have it on my arisen as well.

It's not that bizarre.

The game simply won't bother to check if your Pawn is changed (since you can use Metamorphosis), and so delivers your pawn and all its online information back to you.

It's not going to cause inconsistencies until the specific moment you change characters.

I love my pawn!

>No option to romance Gregory.
Should have been a joke ending at least.

Goddammit why is the Trophy Set so good compared to everything else I want to wear while also looking like complete garbage on men?

The alternative is it being female-only. I'm glad they can wear it at all, really.

anyone else not able to connect to the rift? One of my pawns hopped into the fucking brine in BBI and now all I can choose from are the fucking pregen mooks.

>using the freebies
Sold it immediately both times I started. The only thing that actually is too cool to sell is the arm guard.

>using anything the game gives you
I bet you beat the game with equipment on your pawn and arisen, casual

>Clairvoyance, Blitz Strike and Dire Gouge much more satisfying than their Dagger equivalents
>but no dodge roll
kuyashi

that means gamertag right? nevermind then

You're also paying beds for your pawns and you only have one in your house

There really needed to be a dodge skill for all classes, obviously with the strider/assassin classes having a better dodge.

it's still weird that the game openly tells you you have a house, but you don't even have the option to sleep there
you have to use the inn to sleep
it doesn't make sense
I'd even forgive it if you could only use the bed once you kill Big Griggs and have your beloved at your home, but they still don't let you do that

Well then fuck off and enjoy your stalk, six daimons isn't shit.

>paying for beds for pawns
>not having a pair of loli pawns to warm your bed while you make the christmas cake pawn watch

Warriors get all the stats they need from being warriors. As far as augments, the fighter and sorc ones are the only ones better than warrior ones for them and sorc doesn't need leveling for it. If they need more stamina, 20 levels of ranger does it.

Included Arisen this time, took Isz out to buy a new pair of daggers

if GNOME FAG belongs to anyone from here, im terribly sorry, but he died valiantly in battle

What are good aesthetic pants that mages/sorcs can wear?

am I a pussy for sneaking past the direwolves just to finish the Selene quest?

Been farming for strider's band with brain splitter/hailstorm volley for a few days now, starting to think that it doesnt exist and its just capcom trying to get me to play their game longer

I've thrown Quina up that rock and skipped the entire zone the last 29 out of 30 playthroughs
I actually began to forget what the zone looks like

It does exist, it's just Capcom's desire sensor at work. You're purifying that cursed bobble shit as yellows, right? You and your pawn.

Yea

you can't gift rings, can you ?

I think you can only gift unpurified items, may be wrong.

Hire his pawn, equip the pawn with the ring, release them.

I enjoyed the first few hours but don't like RPGs with party mechanics.

where can I get some slutty pawns?

So brine your pawn and don't resummon them, assassins even unlock an augment that gives you a stat boost while you're alone

How much attack and hp/stamina do i need?
i want to play strider and want to know how many levels i should put into assassin/fighter
also my pawn is a level 30 strider should i put some points into ranger or fighter for her?
pls respond i hate having ocd

Got a level 62 ranger with bezel crown, Challenger/mitigator on PSN.
jj_blowfish

make her a warrior for shittons of HP and 5STR level

but muh stamina
how many levels in warrior should i give her?

some 40-50 in total should be fine.

how do i get the griffon at hillfigure knoll to spawn and attack?

should i put some ranger in her to for the extra damage and stamina?

Just did 10 levels of fighter and 90 of assasin what should i do next?

So I, I just killed a Gryphon before the story quest to kill one, what happens now?

Time Paradox Next two quests tho you could always go to where the griffin was gonna run off to

the story griffon will still show up
it's not the only one in the game, user

>Doing Ur Dragon offline
Ah, yes. Endless heaven's keys. I remember this.
It's going to take a long fucking time to get fey whisper and ascalon.

Didn't mean to quote anyone, oops.

Can you gift those weapons? I have an Ascalon on PS4 that I don't really want or need

Where at? Bluemoon or did you actually get it to land somewhere long enough? it's griffin, guys

Sure, I have a spare that I didn't sell yet. My PSN is JJ_blowfish, pawn is Kaiserin, level 62. What's yours?