/hg/ - Halo General

#360 - Xbox 360 Edition

Welcome to Halo General. Here we discuss the Halo games, expanded universe, and fan projects. Discussion of general Xbox developments, news, and games is also allowed unless stated otherwise.

>"Halo Wars 2: Awakening the Nightmare" is now available
- Can be purchased for $19.99 individually or included with the Halo Wars 2 Complete Edition
- Includes a new campaign where players take control of the Banished and return to High Charity to combat a flood outbreak on the Ark
- Also includes the new flood-themed survival mode Terminus Firefight, as well as new blitz cards and 37 new achievements

>Latest Halo Community Update
halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/happy-birthday-halo-3

>Important Halo Links and Notes
pastebin.com/TEdXes5c

>Halo 5 Spartan Company
halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/halo general

>Xbox One clips and screenshots
xboxdvr.com/
xboxclips.com/

>>>Halo News

Gay

>360
Have a webm of a 360 game.

But it doesn't say "PS3 Edition"

Remember Reach.

>that aspect ratio
It's a nice webm... But why, droid? Why?

>tfw no Halo 5: Master Chief & Friends Superstars Adventures in Dreamland

Cropped out the irrelevant part of the splitscreen gameplay.
Splitscreen. Remember that thing?

No. What's that?

t. 3v4i

Ah that makes more sense.
I thought that was your way of getting the webm to fit

>finished watching Halo: Fall of Reach
>it's not about the Fall of Reach
what the fuck is this

>Xbox 360 Edition
You did have a limited Edition Halo Themed Xbox 360, right?
I mean, you are a real Halo fan. Arnt you?

No.

Yeah it's pretty shit that they end at Section 2 of the book, not to mention the fucking shit animations.

How about armor designs that shouldn't even have been a concept at that point when they get the prototype mjolnir?

What the fuck happened to every armor looking the same? We get variation so we can tell them apart? I thought one of the main points of SII's is that you COULDN'T tell them apart unless you saw very minuscule character tics, heard them speak, or when they took their helmet off?

WHY THE FUCK ARE THEY BACK ON REACH? WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH THEIR MISSION?

Yeah it's pretty shit that they end at Section 2 of the book, not to mention the fucking shit animations.

How about armor designs that shouldn't even have been a concept at that point when they get the prototype mjolnir?

What the fuck happened to every armor looking the same? We get variation so we can tell them apart? I thought one of the main points of SII's is that you COULDN'T tell them apart unless you saw very minuscule character tics, heard them speak, or when they took their helmet off?

WHY THE FUCK ARE THEY BACK ON REACH? WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH THEIR MISSION?

That Halo 4 360 is probably the ugliest console I've ever seen.
The launch Xbone is literally a Betamax player and looks more aesthetic.

H3 console looks the coolest imo but it predates the zephyr chipset meaning it's rrod prone.
So the Reach one is overall the best buy of the three.

>H3 console looks the coolest imo but it predates the zephyr chipset meaning it's rrod prone.
That, and it DOESNT COME WITH THE FUCKING GAME

It says that on the box though.
Your fault if you were fooled

Feels good to have a collection of Halo Theme Xbox consoles.

we back

So it seems

>caring about how your Xbox looks

Literally why?

Rank them

CE>3>Reach>2>5>4

The one with controllers is 10/10

CE > 2 > 3 > Reach > 5 > 4

So, you know, just like with the games

CE > 3 > R > 2 = 5 > 4

They should make more green consoles

blue box best box

Sam was my friend...

Sam was our friend.

Forgot the name. Because halo 5 maps are meh. But that one kinda small semi comfy city/slums map makes me mad.... Because of its potential.

>Deep city. Blade Runner type area

>Cool neon lights. Looking up to huge buildings

But its ruined by clutter and shit. The theme of the map is good. And atmosphere is too kinda. But its ruined.

Imagine that map with less clutter. Maybe some rain. a more clear city skyline. Shit would be top tier.

Speaking of its not like 343 (or whoever) can't make good maps. Skyline was loved. I know halo4s DLC maps had some love too. WTF has 343 done. Jack off?

Plaza probably doesn't have weather effects because it would somehow impact MLG players.
If they fucked up, they'd blame the rain somehow.

Were it so easy

So you wanted Plaza, but more like Turf?

So basically he wanted Icebox.

Yeah a good skybox is nice and all but skyline was the start of the boring White wall shit that plagues Halo 5

>not 4k
What did they mean by this?

The good ol' days :)

3 > 5 > reach > CE > 4 > 2

>using non-user friendly 3v4i forums

HN Deadshot too stronk for /hg/

Jesus christ kek

>playing ranked after a nearly a year of not playing Halo 5
>team slayer
>playing like shit, barely break 10 kills
>got gold 3

wtf is this ranking system I don't deserve this

bump

from the last thread re: Halo 6 forge:
>To save space when you make a map you have to pick a "play zone" anything not in that zone will not load fully. This will save space and load times
that's a great idea. they should do that if possible.

I pulled the disc in the middle off of mine and spray painted it to look like the Halo 2 logo. silver replacing the green text and dark/light blue mix replacing the black circle. came out pretty good, first try. shop related for visual

I like it

Didact was a cool guy

It's based on wins and that's it. Pure shite

As it should be

No because that's not a good measurement of skill. I can get 20+ kills in match but still lose because of shit teammates or AFKers. Why should I be punished for doing well?

Play better

Play Free For All then.
Team Slayer is a team game.

If you're averaging 20+ kills in TS, then you'll win more than you lose and will overall rank up.

This.

>Team Slayer is a team game
>Constantly get AFKers and people who don't play as a team
>This is somehow my fault

>beat LASO Halo 3 playlist
>no achievement

It's not your fault. The game is dead.
I'm sorry but you missed your window to rank up. Blame 343.

>playing ranked after last summer
Shit game is dead. There's too few people playing for the ranks to even work well with matching. Just play social and have a good time.

Something something on my machine trademark

Was it really that good?

Yes.

Great exclusives and the best multiplats. It did start to fizzle put towards the end thanks to kinect and investing in fewer IPs but they already did enough to make it a fantastic console. Mattrick killed the brand. Shame about the RROD early on but at least they replaced your console.

The achievement was inside you all along :^)

I think the 360 is pretty great, but it was the start of the "console profile" thing. it's good for keeping everything together n shit, but you can't send your save files to friends anymore because it's tied to your account.
me and my friends would always play each others saves on older systems, shared via memory card.

you might say it'd fuck with achievements, but they could've implemented a system that said "by loading this save you will be unable to unlock achievements". just like when you input a cheat code.

6/10 console
Still better than ps3

What are people's thoughts on SPV3? I enjoyed it but it lacked polish in some areas (specifically the second half of the campaign) and at least one of the developers is an asshole.

It's shit.

3rd favorite campaign after CE and ODST

It's alright.
Definitely a fresh experience. I don't think it outdoes combat evolved, but I like it a lot more than any of the post trilogy campaigns

I see this uses the SPV3 Cortana model

343 GS is such a dirty lying cunt

>Was it really that good?
The 360 is the benchmark for console comparison. Anything worse is bad. Anything better is good.

>The 360 is the benchmark for console comparison. Anything worse is bad. Anything better is good.
That's actually pretty accurate

You guys realize the PS5 is comi my out in 2018 and is just going to blow the X1X out of the water, right?

But he never said that Halo doesn't kill people.

Does it have Halo?

Halo is dead

Upvoted

Still better than 90% Sony garbage.

>5 year lifetime for current generation

Lol no

That's pretty standard, user

Last gen lasted 7 years. And from the way thigs are going, this could very well be the last true generation and we're just going to have upgraded consoles like the Pro and X keep coming out. Wouldn't be surprised if they take the PC approach and make a system where you just need to upgrade and replace parts every year or so

Last gen was an anomoly

They will never do that. They need the machines to be closed hardware. It's too much of a moneymaker for them.
Same reason they still charge for online

Do you guys play customs on halo 3 some days?

Yes. You new, friend?

Yeah.

Very

Don't know why that second link was linked.
Yeah we play customs

Alright. Well stick around. Maybe we should organize a session tomorrow?

Halo 3 Customs tomorrow night. Who wants to host? I'll be occupied but I don't mind helping set it up.