/owg/ - Overwatch General

>The HALLOWEEN TERROR event is NOW LIVE
>server wait times should have improved, but you may still experience queues, high ping, or server-side issues (borders / models not loading) depending on your area
>the event runs from now until November 1st
youtube.com/watch?v=TkYnc7pa4TQ

>Event item checklist
>new skins for McCree, Reaper, Mei, Zenyatta, Symmetra, Zarya, Ana, and Torbjörn
imgur.com/a/P93Hi

>Season 6 changed a bunch of stuff that you might want to know about
youtube.com/watch?v=Jqf0e8zzyCw

>MERCY REWORK
youtube.com/watch?v=vDlCqJ1tD3M

>Junkertown is Overwatch's newest map
youtube.com/watch?v=mcPDd16_9dI

>Latest cinematic
youtube.com/watch?v=8tjcm_kI0n0

>Latest comic
comic.playoverwatch.com/en-us/zarya-searching

>Latest PC patch notes
PTR: playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/21013135
Live: playoverwatch.com/en-us/game/patch-notes/pc

>Overwatch dev tracker
overstalk.io

>Hero tips, tricks and basics
pastebin.com/Qf2AKa8R

>Source / Quake mouse sensitivity converter
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>Personal stats / leader boards
overbuff.com
masteroverwatch.com

>Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

playoverwatch.com/en-us/events/halloween-terror/
gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=3914803
us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759218114#post-7
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I want to cuddle with Tracer!

___ boo. _______

First for waiting another year before Bleu gets a halloween skin.

Gross.

HEIL ZIEGLER

link me up fampai

>2016 checklist
Come the fuck on OP what are you doing?
>playoverwatch.com/en-us/events/halloween-terror/
Go here and scroll down, idiot.

>hailing a race traitor

>went from loving this game during the Ana release period to hating it
>if I had to point to the exact time the game died for me it was the underwhelming addition of Sombra.
It seriously felt like competely a different game back then.

gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=3914803

Namaste

Fuck.
I was looking at both in different tabs and grabbed the wrong link.

>they're still to this fucking day soft balling sombra
>at a time when a proper silence character would help unfuck things

>Witch Mercy has wet tits in Echienwalde halloween map.

>putting Tracer's jacket on just so she can rip it off in a moment of passion

Smart girl.

Namu

Xth for impregnating Mercy

Mercy 3.0 assuming that you can't just get rid of her, or rez, since it's integral to her character
>we start off with old Mercy, from before the rework
>Resurrect is the ultimate again, no second ability, Valkyrie doesn't exist
>when you cast Resurrect, it starts a 10(ish)-second window where you can rez people
>have to go next to their corpse and rez each individually (like how you do it with the current ability), and you don't get invulnerability while you do it
>you can rez as many as you can get to during the time window, but you have to actually get to them
>no more rezzing through walls, hide-and-seek “press Q to instantly undo the enemies' hard work” gameplay like we had before
>no more rezzes in nearly every teamfight, undoing the first pick of every round because it's an ability that didn't have to charge
>during the ultimate, healing / damage beams are unchanged, self-healing is unchanged, pistol is unchanged, no fucking flight, fuck Valkyrie
>maybe give her the "Cleanse" E ability to remove shit like anti-heal / discord orb

Better?

>Cultist Zenyatta general
This is my kind of general!

Increase Guardian Angel cooldown to 2.7 or 3 seconds instead of 2 and make her vulnerable to knockback during the flight.
There boom, mercy is perfect now.

Junkrat is dumb as fuck in his current form.

Blizzard balancing really just blows my mind.

Honestly rez as a mechanic should at least have some sorta downside to it. Just change it so resurrected players only start off with 50% health. At least that way it just stops being an undo button.

No, really. Just shoot the motherfucker. He's even easier to kill than Mercy. What's wrong with you?

Kill yourself Junkrat main.

The nerfs are coming for your low skill ass.

>Mercy's revenge
>Mercy working tirelessly in her laboratory invents an artificial penis and womb
>secretly working with Sombra and Widowmaker's she kidnaps Doomfist
>she then surgically adds the artificial womb to Doomfist.
>using her artificial attachable penis she impregnates Doomfist
>9 months later Doomfist gives birth to a full formed 6 ft tall Blonde man.
>He now uses the doomfist.

>highly mobile
>absurd burst damage combo
>ultimate ensures a kill, usually a support
>gets picked far too often
>mains like to cry out skill, even though the character is crutched to fuck

If it's anything like Mercy's change, you'll still be bitching and I'll still be killing you.

>three of these thiccbois gang up on your poor little white zenyatta

whatyoudofam?

whats the 2850 SR equivalent to PC. I main rein, Orisa, roadhog and zen

BUCKLE UP, THIS GUNSLINGER'S LOADED!

-3k console players are at around silver on PC

>Try to throw game because literally 5 DPS
>team wins anyway

I don know how to feel

So back when Overwatch launched, I got this visual bug which enveloped my screen in various colored tints or, even worse, pure darkness which only let me see the UI and certain character/objective outlines. Then it vanished for several months... until showing up again early this year. It happens almost every game, and I've reinstalled Overwatch over the course of patches to see if it's been fixed only to find that it has not.

It's still doing it. Does anyone know what the fuck this is, why it hasn't been patched out yet, or how I can get rid of its severity in the options menu?

>whatyoudofam?
Die

People who switch have the same gamesense. its just aiming thats different to get used to. console and PC are pretty much the same, just different high level metas.

i.e pharah vs mcree.

>2016
reaper pumpkin leggo
reaper special "from the grave" win pose

>2017
>those two again but with slight differences

they either love reaper for hallomeme to basically give him a second batch or hate him for making them almost the same

>mfw a summoner spawns in just when a 3rd reaper fucked us with 4 hogs

>was diamond on xbone
>now masters on PC
Not adding up.

You're a shitter and you're pretty much insignificant.

>brace for a Hog pounding

Meme teams can work out if you all try to work with what you have, better than trying to force people to fill for shit they can't play.

Why did they call her summoner? Why not Dragon or dragoness? She doesn't summon anything, I swear blizzard is drunk when they make decisions.

>play on endless
>every time i get up to 7+ bonus waves

no matter what i do it just goes all to shit with 3-4 semen demon symmetras and shields with a bajillion reapers and literally unkillable roadhogs

I don't recall Soldier being that mobile.

>hover over

at first i thought she would use the teleporter to summon more zomnics that regular waves to overwhelm the team but nope just shields and a laser beam that doesnt even do much damage

>community is constantly complaining about balance issues
>better make sure new skins are good

Blizzard priorities 101

It's interesting how the complaints about Junkrat can be applied to other heroes. It's why I don't personally complain about him.

Face it owg "Totally 80's" Would have looked 1000% better on Sombra and her sassy playful attitude and love of neon colors.

Alternatively a Medusa skin similar to Symetras Dragon but with snakeskin wrappings, pointed eyes, and Snakes for hair

also when uncloaking instead of her voice line its just the snakes loudly hissing

It gets bad but it's doable. You really need Soldier + McCree for their ults at that point and focus the symms first then Reapers.

She summons a shield generator. I'm pretty spooked.
and hard; mostly hard

>skins aren't even good

>tfw commend you'reself

She summons tilt when most randoms struggle at killing her/the shield gen.

Most of the skins are really good. Halloween always get's the good shit.

totally 80s should have been the anniversary skin.
Hey should have given her something halloweenish.

But they are. Except for the reaper and mei skins, all new ones are probably the best so far for their respective characters. Which is actually pretty sad because now it's actually clear that OW exists only to sell lootboxes. The game is irrelevant and devs don't give a fuck anymore

Ah, and now you remind me of how absolutely awful her Anniversary skin was. The fuck were they even thinking with that.

Should've done some Bride of Junkenstein thing at least.

No thanks, Sombras last event skin was shit enough. I want more cyberpunk stuff or a sneaking suit.

of the new skins only Cultist and Viking are good. Honourable mentions are Van Helsing, Dragon and Corsair.
Rest are uninspired.

>community is constantly complaining about balance issues and content
>better pool majority of resources to focus on people saying mean words

honestly cant believe there are people defending blizzard for this

us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759218114#post-7

> There is one more change to Mercy: Resurrect no longer resets the cooldown of Guardian Angel. This makes Resurrect more reasonable to fight against, since Mercy will now be slightly more vulnerable if she chooses to res someone in a bad position.

Thoughts?

How far have you gotten in endless?
Im struggling just to get 3 stars playing with randoms

she's already a walking corpse though

>it took over a year for zarya to finally have a decent skin

the absolute state of overwatch ladies and gents

>this halloween the spider will play
>no skin
JUST

and its trash. They could have shown off her abs.

>Resurrect no longer resets the cooldown of Guardian Angel.
This has literally become easy mode for me.

thatd be too lewd my dude

her biceps are sexy enough

>Symmetra's face is better looking as a dragon

There is literally no point in what he said. It means nothing because fucking guardian angel is 2 seconds cooldown skill and it resets while you fly to your target like 80% of the time.

You don't think Cyberian is good?

I found a team where everyone had mics, and they didn't coordinate a ton but they at least tried and had decent awareness of one another.
We made it to the second bonus round on whatever the second-to-last difficulty is. The one that gives you the Mercy spray if you make it through 4 bonus rounds.

Nobody else that I've been matched with has come close.

its uggo garbo

>Boot up Mercywatch
>Team doesn't have a Mercy
>Lose

oh no not 1 second how could they ever do that to her

>want to practice a new hero
>defenders have 2 snipers, mercy main, pro genku, ORISABJÖRN CHEESE IN FUCKING QP
Who the fuck plays orishit or torb for fun??? WhaTare you trying to prove by shitting up casual mode with tryhard comps? Did dad beat you too many times?

>dragon
She's a Tiefling

>it resets while you fly to your target like 80% of the time
I'm pretty sure there's a delay when she activates GA right now, because I don't see her flying off until she slows down for a second and rezzes someone.

>implying the average OW player would know wtf that is

How can Blizz ever beat Huntress?

I always do this.

I mean I understand it, but it just isn't practical. Instead of using their resources to make cool shit, they have to worry about retards making other retards feel sad on the internet because they're very inclusive and all that BS. The problem with this is that you can't fix the human condition. People suck. For all the resources, safeguards, and shit they want to toss into this endeavor they will simply reap the wind. It just won't work.

Then you have a tilted angry fanbase that lacks content and you tell them it's their fault? Even if it is, they're just going to flip you the bird and move on with their lives. So instead of worrying about everyones fee fees, they need to do what they do best and work on quality content and quality of life issues. Adopt a zero tolerance policy. Make the game worth not getting banned over. But if they are banned, make em squirm. Make them to buy another ~$30-$50 account. Let this happen maybe 3-5 times before the ban is permanent.

Money for them, decent fanbase for everyone else. But that's just me being realistic. Blizzard is literally going to try and make everyone all kumbaya with everyone and fail miserably.

They already did with Talon and Cote D'Azur.

Would have been a good chance to practice your BOMBRA. She shuts that shit down hard.

I wish they added their skin customisation thing they were talking about. I want to take bits from both skins and put them together.

>internet is too shit to play comp

win some games for me bros.

I literally do not play competitive mode so you're shit out of luck

is it just me or is junkensteins revenge lagging out for you guys?

had multiple games that start out with manageable 170 ping but every other round the ping goes insanely higher.
went up to around 600+ on the last few rounds

No one else even knows about this issue? Really? What god did I piss off?

Reminds me of Ava's Demon.

This is why we can't have nice things, /owg/.

My ping today was fucking my shit up in all modes.
>go qp
>40 ping all the way through
>go comp
>40 ping on the start, 160 ping 5 minutes into
>go event
>200 ping on the start
>go qp 240 ping

>custom games for exp
Wait does it actually pay out well? I've never bothered with them.

>i will never bury my face in between symmetra's demon tits
>i will never bury my face in between symmetra's ass cheeks

i was born to suffer

what?!?!?

i was sure custom games dont give exp, play a custom once that i really liked the mode settings. after maybe 5 matches i was pretty sure my exp bar didnt even move.

didnt even see the experience gained "oage" in between the matches

>you will never smell the poo she never took to the loo
Honestly it's for the best

>sometimes when you die the narrator will say "if only they had a shield to hide behind
>mfw i realize it's Reinhardt only because of this
Why all the voiceline sound different? Even d.va one sound ao different from the usual