You are given $1,000,000. Free. No tax, no strings attached

You are given $1,000,000. Free. No tax, no strings attached.

What would YOU do? Frankly I don't think many people here have the financial initiative to make it last more than a few years, never mind make it grow.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/TRtlkcQ6brE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Buy PLUS
>Live easy off that fat divi

Pretty simple desu

idiots on this board are going to answer "buy ETH"

I take the money and put it into AG and AU coins and bars.

Then I patiently let all fiat financial paradigms collapse.

Afterwards, I "grow" a new one minus the fiat meme monkeys.

Buy "lol weed" stocks from Canadian companies.

Take 50,000 and put in a high interest savings account. Current market leader for these requires balance

Invest in the stock market or bonds and make sure they don't have capital tax. Retire off of the dividends/ coupon payments for the rest of your life.

Replace modest home with quadplex and you'd do well.

>never mind make it grow
Seriously? 1 million passively invested would be more than I need to never work again. I'm sure the same is true of most anons.

>250k in in index funds
>500k franchising a business on the side of town about to undergo rapid expansion as big businesses move in.
>15k for 15 acres of land (local real estate company listed it for 15k then tried to raise it to 45k after it didn't sell immediately. I'd tell them to fuck off with that price.
>150k equipment/setup/seeds for first year.
>50k payments to local high school kids looking for weed money first year of operation.
>45k food/shelter/entertainment first year.

Even operating at a generous deal less than maximum efficiency, proper crop selection/rotation puts me at $70,000 per year per acre (even possibly per HALF acre), or 1,050,000 (to 2,100,000) a year after the first year, at which time I'll be able to automate a bit more and get some full time staff for the farm.

The business is a restaurant, yes I know those get shat on for being low margin, but I already know a capable crew that's looking to join up at a new business anyway. The expansion going on in that part of town is enormous and businesses are already fighting for spots where a lot of middle/upper middle class young professionals are starting to take root. Using the margins of my old store, I'd say landing 3 million in revenue the first year (being able to pay off the restaurant and employee wages while still doing just a bit better than breaking even on profits) is very possible.

Index funds or w/e because why not.

I guess 5k of my remaining 45k will be on ETH.

If I received that money today I would convert it into mobile tangible assets, until a monetary reset happens and governments back off from their money grubbing, I am hiding that shit.

This. Fuck that would be amazing if I had a million dollars. Somewhere between 30 and 40k a year, guaranteed, forever? Christ that would be amazing.

I would take a quarter of it and buy a house. 100k would be my personal investments and $500k in mutual funds. The remaining 150k would go into real estate.
I have enough money right now to have everything I would need in furniture and electronics and spending money.
I would still get a degree and eventually a job but be safe in the knowledge that I could quit whenever i want.

Also maximize deposits in an IRA.

Invest in a few ETFs for diversification and live off the interest returns.

Do you have to put 25% down for multi senpai

Wouldn't put more than half into this, but I'd invest into housing near universities. Almost endless demand and your tenants have absolutely minimal standards.

The rest would be divided among other investments and paying off my student loans.

75k in btc, 25k spread over all current alt coins for lols.

Rest in 25% gold and 75% silver and wait for the big one.

Lazy and don't really need extra money in exchange for big risk.

A few antique weapons in working condition also. Only firearms that are legal in yurop without ridiculous requirements.

I buy 5-6 apartments and rent them out. Passive income YEAH BOI

I would put it ALL into $ATHX.

I put my entire portfolio into it.

They literally created this

youtu.be/TRtlkcQ6brE

>take 10k and spend it on whatever
>pay off mortgage
>pay 200k off immediate family's mortgages
>invest what's left 75% in bonds and 25% in more volatile options
can't lose desu

Give it all to charity. Or even better start my own charity.

>Girlfriend

You just lost your mil.

$500,000 to an investment/retirement account. I haven't done the research on the long term shit and what has the best yields, but having $500,000 would definitely inspire some research on that.

$50,000 to pay off student debts

$96,000 (2k * 12 * 4) for a 4-year lease on a two bedroom apartment. One bedroom will function as my office and lab.

$10,000 as a starting budget to kit out my electronics lab. Oscilloscopes, power supplies, multimeters, 3D printers, CNC mills, soldering stations, rework stations, etc.

$4000 to build two state-of-the-art PCs, one of which will be used largely for video purposes. Use YouTube and Twitch as a "marketing" branch of my ventures. Open-source creations made live on video as a learning tool for other young and would-be electrical engineers.

$20k into Bitcoin as a long-term hold, another $20k as "crypto market play money." I'm well aware the second of the two will likely vanish in a few years from bad trading decisions, I'm willing to accept that.

The rest will be likely be used first to buy research materials like books, then left in a dark hole of a checking account only to be used in the event of a catastrophic financial emergency that depletes everything else. Unlikely, but hey.

Buy 1,000,000 dollars worth of steaks including shipping costs and send them to PETA.

rebalance my 80/20 portfolio and change literally nothing, continue working, living with my parents, eating taco bell, etc.
>buy a house
lol dumb
with that kind of money it'd be a way better idea to leverage a 30 year mortgage and pay it off earlier if it bother you that much

nothing

i've got a million dollars

$400,000 equally distributed in S&P 500 and DAX
$300,000 in Bitcoin
$200,000 to my parents as a thank you.
$100,000 to have some fun

Forgot
$5000 of the fun budget will go into a big-ass GPU rig to crack the most annoying tripcodes and publish them

50% USA
50% Islamic caliphate Germany
0% rest of the world

Great allocation m8

All in on VIX calls for the upcoming market crash

diversify in like dow and s&p then wait a couple years and live off the 100k a year comfy

> pay off debt
> cash flow grad school
> purchase a modest home (200k)
> put 100k in a 1% interest checking account to live on while I finish my degree
> all the rest in VSTAX for the next 15 years

In my country I need 80.000€ to retire, I'll probably buy a castle for $100.000, then $30.000 for yearly expense.

>GIRLFRIEND

Get the fuck out of this board normie.

$1mil speed in $30k increments only lasts 33 years.

Swing trade off of the few stocks I have been rotating throughout the year; While reading for macro news and micro regarding the few firms I invests in during dips/ upcoming earnings.

>move to PR
>moderate risk investing
>gains are tax free
>in a few years can draw $100-200k to live off of while still growing portfolio

>buy house (250-300k will get you a nice fucking house where I live)
>invest

I would say get my masters, but my employer will do that
Can you put it into a roth IRA so there are no taxes upon withdrawal? Because if so that what I'd do with probably 200k of it

You're not very sharp are you?
He means 30-40k in interest on the million

I'd buy the fucking dip

T-take revenge on my enemies!

How do you chose bonds?
I don't even know if i can invest in bonds from my country.

BUY LOW, SELL HIGH

About $700k in property, $50k car/bike, $250k left over to put into bank or vanguard to help with ongoing cost of living. Continue working as usual, just 10-20 years ahead of the game.

see an investment broker, even if you are in a bumfuck little city in a backwards country they will be around

A million $1 whores

Get an apartment, a used Toyota and put the blunt of it to maybe around 7 different stocks that have been paying decent dividents.