/owg/ - Overwatch General

>The HALLOWEEN TERROR event is NOW LIVE
>server wait times should have improved, but you may still experience queues, high ping, or server-side issues (borders / models not loading) depending on your area
>the event runs from now until November 1st
youtube.com/watch?v=TkYnc7pa4TQ

>Event item checklist
>new skins for McCree, Reaper, Mei, Zenyatta, Symmetra, Zarya, Ana, and Torbjörn
playoverwatch.com/en-us/events/halloween-terror/

>Season 6 changed a bunch of stuff that you might want to know about
youtube.com/watch?v=Jqf0e8zzyCw

>MERCY REWORK
youtube.com/watch?v=vDlCqJ1tD3M

>Junkertown is Overwatch's newest map
youtube.com/watch?v=mcPDd16_9dI

>Latest cinematic
youtube.com/watch?v=8tjcm_kI0n0

>Latest comic
comic.playoverwatch.com/en-us/zarya-searching

>Latest PC patch notes
PTR: playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/21013135
Live: playoverwatch.com/en-us/game/patch-notes/pc

>Overwatch dev tracker
overstalk.io

>Hero tips, tricks and basics
pastebin.com/Qf2AKa8R

>Source / Quake mouse sensitivity converter
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>Personal stats / leader boards
overbuff.com
masteroverwatch.com

>Previous thread:

I want to bully Mercy until she cries!

Here comes T.Racer!

Tracey Trace

*summons shield generator*

Torbjorn is a viable pick

____ bew. ____

POST THE NEW HEALER(S) THAT OVERWATCH DESPERATELY NEEDS

>turret is placed next to it
>MOLTEN COOORE

Did someone say... Boo?

post cosplay

Defensive dispenser healer. Makes buildings that provide really big AoE heals and defensive buffs. Can lay land mines for disruption.

Lily, the South African Botanist healer
>M1: pollen burst (shotgun burst, short range and passes through shields)
>M2: latch a vine onto an enemy and drain a third of their maximum health, healing Lily. Excess health is released as a healing spore for nearby teammates
>L-Shift: throw down a seed that will grow a 200 health bridge in a short distance towards a point Lily aims
>E: plant a seed on an ally that absorbs all damage Lily does. Requires sustained line of sight
>Passive: sacrifice 100 health to use an ability halfway through cooldown
>Ult: seed planted on an ally blossoms into a flower that drains nearby enemies' health by 75 hps

Zenyatta with four arms so he can put twice as many harmony and discord orbs on people

post lewd tracer!

Pick one. You HAVE to pick

Anyone else having performance issues since the Halloween event? It's running like ass for me.

some interesting ideas, but shit fluff
>200 destroyable bridge
literally who needs that?

Thanks. I wanted to add a unique movement ability. That's the one that needs work

>match found
>6 mercy mains on your team

>halloween is never over for reaper. It’s his god damn PASSION

Only thing it could be useful for is getting your team to get to the second point on Hanamura faster

Big tiddymonster battle maid . She works for Ms. Lacroix.

Talon Evil Ruthless Capitalist Healing Builder
>M1: Pump Action Shotgun (firing at building heals/improves building)
>L-Shift: deploy a healing building that heals in an AoE. Can deploy a second building or upgrade to increase the AoE
>M2: pick up a building in melee range. While being carried, cannot fire and HPS is reduced
>E: trigger a self-destruct on a building. Causes more damage on level 2 buildings
>Ult: form two concentric shield bubbles of 800 health around the building(s). Level 2 building bubbles have a greater radius. Lasts for 5 seconds

All this Doomfist talks really makes me sad because there is no way they will rework character in such major way as changing role.

If you plop a turret right on top of where the summoner puts the shield gen, does she still spawn it?

200 hp is too little, it's gonna get bursted in a second sending everyone crossing it into the pit. Either it needs more HP, or it has to be temporary, like mei's wall

This woman can make herself look like a man. 10/10 would bang all of her coplays. Face is just so perfect to do any gender and make them look real at that. Not sure if she’s done Mercy yet but I’ll look into that later.

All Doomfist needs is to be able to angle his rocket punch downward. That way he can attack people off the payload, attack people down stairs, and even score dive bomb attacks

jesus, how hard do you have to fuck up to look uglier in a widowmaker get up than in sweatpants? Left is qt, wouldn't touch right with a 20 ft pole

Overwatch is a globalist organization funded by the Israelis

>blowing up healing stations
Thats what i call proper healthcare.

I duo with a female Mercy main because I like to imagine how jealous of me everyone else is in the lobby.

Russian Medic from Bad Company 2

I guess increase the health but it wouldn't be intended for blocking damage. It would be used to help low mobility heroes get to places in the map easier (i.e. letting heroes cross through the hole in the Hanamura choke)

She's qt as fuck on the left, that gap between her pants and top makes me hnnng.

Really activates my almonds fellas

>he's a mercy main

Intended to punish people diving your buildings

doesnt need any more healers right now, not until they fix what theyve got
what it does need is another tank to fill the gap left by the dva nerf because the fucking "hold m1 to win" shit is becoming unreasonable
need someone whose mitigation isnt expendable, something like a shorter genji reflect but with multiple charges

user, no.

It's not that bad of a concept, it's just that their are only about three maps were it would provide a tactical advantage for you to use it

>but it wouldn't be intended for blocking damage
i understand that, but 200 hp is easily destroyed
>see a low mobility hero crossing a puny bridge
>destroy it
>low mobility hero falls to his death. hence why it needs more health to be viable, or be understroyable, but temporary

>he plays mei
>but he doesn't believe in climate change because it's a ((((libcuck)))) conspiracy

making a hanzo montage

an 'architector type of hero could be fun (rework fucking symmetra again?) where it could not only create bridges using hard light technology, but create temporary portals i walls to allow creating new, your own routes towards the objective. No more choke points.

It's going to be impossible to perfectly balance any hero in the game. The reason we need more healers is because in a team comp that needs two healers, there are only 6 possible combinations to mix and match the available heroes. That little variety makes it so that the community figures out the optimum combination almost immediately. Adding more healers will allow more different styles of play and combinations. Obviously they need to nerf Mercy a little but more healers will make balancing them less impactful to the overall meta

>tfw had a dream were mercy told me i'm not allowed to cum anymore unless she gives me permission
what does it mean?

A healer is just what the game needs...(fix god damn mercy or just get rid of her so broken right now tf) but anyways. Symetra pretty much is not support anymore. Her ability to give shields is now limited to her ults, rather than giving shields to team mates with a button. Another healer is quite needed now. So many DPS the healers can’t keep up. Not sure what the healers abilities should be. Up to blizzard to decide that one. Personally I would like a healer that can drain enemies and then you can use that to heal someone else. Strange concept and not sure how to execute it in game. But eh sounds neat

you should neck yourself

To be fair, you have to have a very high SR to understand Mercy. The mechanics are extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of gamesense most of the ressurects will go over a typical bronzie’s head. There’s also Mercy's medical outlook, which is deftly woven into her characterisation- her personal philosophy draws heavily from Joseph Lister literature, for instance. The Mercy mains understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these rezzes, to realise that they’re not just game-changing- they say something deep about the META. As a consequence people who dislike Mercy truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the significance of Mercy’s iconic catchphrase “The Doctor is In,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Hippocrates famous oath. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Jeff Kaplan’s genius balancing unfolds itself on their computer screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Mercy tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 SR of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

I guess I didn't elaborate but it could also be extended upwards, creating stairs for allies to reach high ground. Maybe scrap the HP idea and make it temporary but able to be shot through

Thanks for the feedback

>playing with a 6 stack of 10-13 year olds
>all positive and cheerful, actually love the game

even when we lose its still positive. the game sacutally fun gaain

what the fuck

>playing
>with a 6 stack
>of 10-13 year olds
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODS

Kimiko Shimada, the loyalist Shimada sibling hunting her two forsaken brothers wielding two fans
>M1: Healing wind (wide range gust of wind that heals teammates in the area, short range)
>M2: Harsh wind (wide range gust of wind that damages enemies in the area, short range, same pool of ammo as M1)
>L-Shift: fold a fan and throw it at an enemy. Long range, can't use associated M1 or 2 until cooldown.
>E: Create a long wind tunnel that slows enemy movement caught in it
>Passive: If airborne, M1 and M2 attacks aimed at the ground will keep her suspended in the air
>Ult: disappear into the wind and "possess" an ally, rendering them invulnerable from harm. Can jump from ally to ally but can only keep one invulnerable at a time.

are you 10-13 user

it's called "fun"

End all memes

what's the point of doing the stupid arena games more than once?

also does no one play quick play anymore? haven't played in forever and the matchmaking seems so slow

So Nyotengu from dead or alive but has the ability to heal?

no there are three combinations, three target healers and one mandatory speedbot
the thing is that no point in the entire history of the game has ever had all three of the target healers below a 90% pickrate, one is ALWAYS entirely, completely dominant in a way that makes the other two worthless
adding a new character does absolutely nothing to alleviate this fact, all it does is exacerbate preexisting issues and encourage arbitrary, stupid buffs for characters that dont deserve them to keep up with the out of control power creep in the support category
weve literally already seen this happen firsthand with ana, how could you possibly hope for anything different

>what's the point of doing the stupid arena games more than once?

its fun

>koth
>koth
>koth
>defense
>koth
>defense
>defense
>koth
>koth
>defense
>attack backfill 50 seconds from the end
This is getting absolutely retarded

I'll never get the Free for All arcade box

>always posting this user. Not sure if always dreaming of this or spam.

Either way. It means you want to fulfill your fantasy irl. Sadly can’t cause your wifu doesn’t actually exist and would actually never act like this. Therefore find yourself a real person to fulfil this dream. Bam boom mercy dreams come true and you have a real person to live out your kinks with.

Adding an AoE healer with stronger healing but without speedboost would directly cut into Lucio's territory

An Omnic/robotic medic that creates and drops medpacks with RMB. They last for 2 seconds and have a 2-second cooldown so it can't spam them 120 health restored by default. Abilites are tagging an enemy with a device that slows their healing, shield regen, and ult charging by 50% for 6 seconds, and placing a device that increases the shield regeneration of allies in range by 50% and allows normal-rate shield regen when under fire. Ultimate scatters twelve 250-healing medpacks in a circle that last for 15 seconds.

Im 22 you retards. i just grouped up with them because thy're actually good at the game and arent annoying screamers like most kids.

this is Sombra
Say something nice about her

She has a drinking problem

What's a good rating to have at the moment? I haven't played since release.

Why is the Overwatch community so racist? Almost nobody plays Doomfist.

Any eurofag GM that wants to do the 16wave Expert Junkenmeme with me? I keep queueing but I only land with people around diamond for some reason. Im 4.2k

reeee don't call my waifu a spic

anyone got the larger version of this?

they're not racist they just hate niggers
Every other minority character gets tons of play

>match found
>no one wants to play mercy

>half the time his shooting animation doesn’t even work

>do ground slam thing and it lags horribly

>to new and new concept people don’t want to try.

Not our fault he’s broken a little bit. I was sooo pumped when I learned he was coming out but just don’t know...he doesn’t feel balanced yet. Playing him in mystery hero’s is pretty fun tho. Get to play him a little bit and learn

That's like saying someone is racist against gorillas. Niggers are a separate species, not a race.

no it would either directly create another tank meta by being a walking ana grenade or more probably be a completely worthless throw pick because blizzard would give it nothing in terms rollout utility, positional utility or peel utility and probably some hilariously shitty ult that does nothing to counteract opposing ult pushes

>they're not racist they just hate niggers

Someone slept through English class.

Bunch of one shot haters. I like playing Giga Nigga Talon Council member.

high skill cap hero who's primary method of damage dealing (rocket punch) feels buggy as shit. no one wants to put in the time to master him until they fix his rocket punch hitbox.

God yes please!!! I love this idea.
>picture of poison ivy
>makes me want a redhead in the game so fucking bad.

Needs to happen rather than Mercy’s skin. The concept is pretty fucking sick tho.

you can only be racist against humans

>nerf doomfist and roadhog because people complain about getting oneshot
>hanzo, genji, widow, mccree, and d.va still exist
can someone explain?

Such fresh and witty material.

I love Sombra.

>console

>high skill cap hero

He's my top played hero in Deathmatch. He's inconsistent as fuck, and countered by half the cast. I've punched right through McCrees in a doorway, had Roadhog jump over my rocket punch, and visibly knocked Tracers into walls where they didn't take the extra damage, and plenty of other bullshit. He needs major changes/fixes.

YOU HAVE EIGHT SECONDS TO POST THE NATIONALITY OF THE NEXT HERO!

t. Mercy main

serbian

welsh