>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Defiant Honor
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Bloodshed End

Latest Patch Notes
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Patches
>pastebin.com/aUkgEegD (embed)
>imgur.com/a/Cf4ca

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armour/weapons I don't want/use?
Check if you can donate any at the hidden teahouse for daily/clan rewards. Otherwise preferably disassemble them. You can also sell them to Tome or donate to Danjo at the Teahouse if you need a bit of extra glory or cash. Later on you'll be keeping them for Soul Matching, but don't worry about that until you get to NG+.

>The blacksmith is expensive, should I be using it?
You don't need to. Throughout WotSamurai and WotStrong you will constantly be finding better gear and builds don't matter so much. Soul Matching is expensive and intended for late game. If you do find a weapon you really like, try reforging it's effects using spirit iron, it's the cheapest and easiest way to improve a weapon.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armour and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armour/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.

Beta guide:
pastebin.com/VEHby7kd (embed) (embed) (embed)

Smithing text list:
pastebin.com/d4gaLiHk (embed) (embed) (embed)

Major new shit
>More than 2 item shortcut pages available! Buy them from Tome with patronage points, adjust how many you want in settings
>Abyss mode! How low can you go? Lower go'ers get better shit
>Can now play levels with specified friendos at the Torii gate
>Most weapons now have a strong charge attack and a mobile running/dash attack! Check them out!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FHJYMbDeYqU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>just nerf my shit up and keep the trash still trash

2kats/tonfas buff fucking when holy shit

Really funny how hard people were panicking about the LW nerf

Oh shit I haven't fought Maria in ages and now I have to face her in the abyss.

yeah its like they cant learn bosses for their goddamn lives for once

Not as bad as I remembered. Almost beat her on the first time. Didn't remember that those amrita slash waves are unblockable.

The funniest thing is that they were crying about the nerfs before even trying anything out. I did some level ~350 Abyss with Susano + Tate + Kigetsu and my damage was still v good, some bosses still got 1 shotted with my +60 kusa

>le pcuck beta test meme
>it actually was beta test, to see what fun stuff can be nerfed so they get the samurai souls they wanted so much

>LW builds gutted in the final patch
Lmfao, man they just fucking need the endgame to be a complete chore.

He actually right

>Abyss mode! How low can you go? Lower go'ers get better shit

>Most weapons now have a strong charge attack and a mobile running/dash attack! Check them out!

Explain

And yes i already readed the patch notes,have i missed something?

They officially have nerfed everything that was fun. The more they patched the game the less enjoyable it's gotten.

>game has OP weapon/character/build
>everyone in every Veeky Forums thread uses nothing but that and laughs at anyone who tries anything else
>said weapon/character/build gets nerfed into the dirt
>everyone in the Veeky Forums thread starts crying and whining, claiming "game is dead" and "devs hate fun"
Every fucking time, every fucking thread. I love Veeky Forums on patch day, it's an endless salt mine.

How do I dodge Maria's amrita wave slash?

don't let her do it.
alternatively, just roll

Stack firearm reduction to 100% and facetank it like a champ user.

Used crit lw from start of the abyss,i stopped around floor 300 because no more fun and challenge

I truly hoped they nerfed crit lw (even tho now we 2shot instead of 1shot,same shit)

>that pic

holy shit i don't have reaction images saved so just check this

I guess it's just the timing then. I haven't managed to do it once yet.
I thought there was a cap preventing that from getting to 100%

Nope, iai still holds actually, the day they nerf iai i will stop giving a fuck

Do you think crit LW builds were fun?

single slash = evade towards her and hit her twice afterwards

two slashes = evade left/right and then through and hit her

three slashes = left/right, left/right and through

or headshot her before she does it and crit her

Not him, but they sound fun.

Thanks

Finally, I need more QOL in this, hopefully they add in search option for abilities a better storage sorting, maybe naming your armor sets as well. I kinda spammed their twitter for armor sets and this soul matching thing maybe it worked maybe not.

*sounds overpowered

After you do 400 floors of:activate 10 buffs + 1 attack it gets boring

and really pay attention to the timing, it's easy to evade too soon, give her time to finish her spin she always does before releasing the beam

to me it almost feels like evading too late

I guess some people really enjoy doing nothing but smashing strong attack

>tfw my friend is good enough to just carry me through hard stuff so I never need to die 100 times to git gud
Feels good to not have to fight the bullshit boss fights and team up on stuff.

Guys,let's face it. Crit lw build were anything but fun. I enjoyed the souls series because it was a real challenge,if i had from midgame to end a build that oneshotted everything i would have hated the devs for ruining a glorious game. And crit lw still needs some more nerfs,now we can still 2-3shot bosses and taking little to no damage stacking damage reduction

Why do you want things to be harder for yourself user?

>feels good to be a complete shitter
sure lad, whatever you say

Balanced not harder
With all the close combat damage and iai bullshit you can still deal a lot of damage
If you want a press ∆ to win you can play games with quick time events t b h

Phew. That was the hardest abyss boss so far for me. And I didn't even get a text for my troubles.

it's a game where the whole point is to challenge yourself to the point you're legitimately angry because of a videogame

but you don't quit, instead you keep pushing and eventually you'll succeed and feel good about it

if you take that away and oneshot bosses, literally stop playing and go outside

gz

there's still plenty of good stuff waiting for you ahead

Can't wait to battle against Maria and someone else at the same time. Not really.

>souls series
>a real challenge

And now those are the only options for combat without tedium. I'm not saying LW builds were innovative or anything, but it was at least another playstyle. And more importantly an easier to make starter build to get you to those other builds that take a long time to farm up those perfect rolls. I haven't used a LW build in forever, but this game could use such a thing.

>not having fun with your friends
It isn't like I don't try. I just can't be perfect like a lot of later bosses require you to be. I'm also not a fast person either. I have gotten better though over time. I only started playing in like, September anyway. Only a handful of boss fights and enemy buffs, and just a couple enemies really give me shit.

Why would you stress yourself out over a game and spend a bunch of time stuck on one fight? I just summon someone to team up with. I don't run a crit living, though I generally save it for when I'm almost dead to make a come back, or try to make a comeback. I'm just not into struggles much. I like to just fuck shit up.

How high does Gamos luck go, 60? Also did they change Furuta to red or do they always switch between red and blue every week I'm unsure now, I always remember Furuta being blue.

It was an example,i think everyone got the point

The only bad thing about this patch it they didn't release it sooner. If they did maybe a lot of people would try to actually play the game.

Which one is better; familiarity or weight damage bonus?

For the user asking about decent spirits to use with Tonfa in the last thread

Kara-Jishi

Is the sho clan worth being in for a tonfa user? I'm still pretty new and don't know how far the clan bonuses go in terms of power throughout the game.

Crit LW got super nerfed. Holy shit

Ok explain that :o

I don't use tonfas a lot but what's the difference between Focused Strike and Urgency? They look almost identical.

Nice, they fixed the bug where I wasn't able to reallocate focus points

Crit LW were the default option for bad builds. Now that option is removed.

If you're going to use the tonfa you need every piece of damage bonus you can possibly get

Literally remove the +25% close combat damage when crit set bonus with a normal close combat damage +15%

Wow what a loss,still 1shot bosses,2shot in worst cases

>90% of the playerbase just dies off in one patch

How is cheesing not playing the game?

>Have an autism grind build or enjoy the tedium of getting one-shot by any and everything
t. Guy who's grinded up an autism build. This change is pointless, only hurts the game. Nobody is going to touch anything above wotw

Focused Strike can be used from any stance, is slower, longer reach and hits harder. Also has knockback, so if you hit them in the stagger state, it'll open them up for a killing strike.

ethereal +40 gunsticks with CTA Skill (200 levels in skill) 150 body and DEX and +20% CCD with Summer Twilight and full Sarutobi set.

The biggest nerf is to damage reduction when also stacking special effect+ skills that essentially turned you immortal. The dicking on dodge, dash, and guard is also a pretty big problem. As was parry, you could easily throw that shit into your gear. Then again you can throw everything easily into your gear. I just wonder what's the point of spirits like Saorise now.

Still, crit health builds get to shine again, so there's that. I'm not sure how or why you would want to make one given that grace's seem far better than just rocking full fanatic. But there it is

Suffering is part of enjoyment too y'know

is it worth it to have attack inherited on all gear pieces?

I've been using pure single weapon builds since WotS user. I'm now in WotN and using a pure Tonfa build. The real problem is that some of the enemies are absolutely health sponges. Like the fights don't take more than 2 and a half minutes but since every fucking thing can one shot your stupid ass it's frustrating

Well the DLC bosses anyways. All the vanilla bosses are easily made into your bitch

Maybe at lower levels but not in WotN

If you're early in the game then yes

Are you retarded or something?

Better off with useful things like luck, firearm reduction, or running speed even since you can easily get attack up way high with +100 levels on weapons.

i was mainly asking because of wotn, starting to prepare for it a bit

i guess stacking proper set bonuses is the biggest deal here?

Yeppers

yeah okay those things sound way better than stacking some flat attack

Izanami set
>life recovery (yokai realm)
Izanagi set
>increase attack (life recovery)
I think I want to combine these two sets.

Izanagi gives you CCD life recovery. It's not necessary. It's also really silly and would be really good if you didnt' take so much damage

WotN is supposed to be hard, I actually enjoy the punishments the enemies can give you. I know some people don't like being one-shotted but it's part of the experience. Steamrolling everything with crit LW seems pointless to me.

I like it because how silly it is. I can just stand in the realm while blocking an enemy when I want to heal.

Go back to /dsg/

Also this set gives unlimited yokai pots 77%. I'm never leavin the realm.

I don't get how you could enjoy needing to be perfect for every single fight. Sounds absurdly demanding. I don't know if I'll bother with WotN honestly. I'm pretty early in Wise. It's not too bad, but I can't see anything appealing about everything being able to steam roll you later on with one hit kills, while you just poke, dodge, poke every single thing.

NO, I want to play this game

pretty good greentext.
in reality they were filming across the street and the hospital put signs saying "who you gonna call?" in the windows to bait them.

it's really easy if you have prescience or mind's eye. When i'm playing 2kat or Tonfa I pretty much use low stance only to dodge all the wide projectiles.

/dsg/ fucking hate attacks that one-shot though.

>but it's part of the experience.
It invalidates almost every defensive attribute this game gives and builds then have to become exclusively about avoiding getting one shot. It's not good gameplay design. It's shitty. The blow to weight limits alone and the counterintuitiveness of gameplay design with sets that increase defense should be all the red flags you need.

Increase defense and health means exactly fuck all if you can wear the heaviest equipment and STILL get one shot through a defense item

This, this so much. It's fucking stupid. Fun game, but like you said user, shitty game design.
It was in dev hell though, so I just blame that.

You don't really have to be perfect for every single fight, if you upgrade your armor and have stuff like steel/protection talisman or tanuki you can still survive a few hits.

>all these complaints about being one-shot
>regularly survive most attacks that aren't big and slow

Sorry, not tanuki. Whatever that ability is that prevents you from being one-shot at full health.

Since when? Soulbabs cream their pants from oneshots, it's called """"""difficulty"""""" for them, even if entire "difficulty" comes entirely from having to restart if you do make a mistake once.

Games been an arms race between the devs and the playerbase since dlc 1. Problem is they took the lazy way and just inflated hp and damage to absurd levels every time we pushed back. Nioh endgame is cheese vs cheese, they just keep hamstringing everything but perfectly rolled iai builds.

Thats one thing I'll never understand, I can absolutely devastate everything with my iai build and that's fine, but if I use LW and can take more than one hit it's suddenly cheesey and frowned upon? The fuck is this hypocrisy?

Yeah, Wise hasn't been too bad so far. About what I expected. I'm more concerned about WotN one shotting me when I get to it is all.

Mothgirl is best girl. After Fuku of course.

Are you actually complaining about Souls games being too hard?

>Mothgirl
>girl
sure fag
I said soulbabs are braindead enough to consider cheap shit difficult because none of them ever saw any actually challenging game

Seriously, can someone explain me how this faggot gets 200k per iai? I watched all of this and i still fail to see how it's possible with the shit he got
youtube.com/watch?v=FHJYMbDeYqU

If you keep updating your gear as you go along you're gonna be fine. If you're the type who just unlocked WotN and jumped straight into Omi/Tohoku, you WILL get one shotted by most enemies cause the jump is too sudden. Go along slowly and enjoy the progression.

Critical + CCD against paralyzed targets

Forging can't give 7 modifier weapons?

Just rat and some perks on boots and accessories is enough to push the damage this hard?
You can get 6 and no inherit

According to him Dragon Ninja set gives around 57% damage increase. Add that up with leeching and weakness talisman plus sword of execution, getting numbers that high is not impossible. He's not even using the Fanatics bonus which is 30% damage bonus at critical.

Guess it's time for a lightning tonfa build. I'll never get usable poison trinkets anyway, might as well give up the dream.

So are the available mods in the tempering list random or is there any logic to this?

You can't stack that much. It's random that you'll ever see it

Crit LW is only viable in post game. You don't have what you need to build it in the main game

So is very occasional and only for bosses

Go look on YouTube. Every build, crit LW or not, is shown as destroying bosses in one or two hits. The point isn't to challenge, it's to make a lol OP build to shit on the game.