/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #588

''Let's talk bidness'' Edition

Previous Thread: >Life is Strange: Before the Storm Episode 2 Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=hk9de3ljHnw

>Release Dates:
Episode 1 − ''Awake'' 31 August 2017 (Out Now)
Episode 2 − ''Brave New World'' 19 October 2017 (Soon)
Episode 3 − ''Hell Is Empty'' (TBA)
Bonus Episode: Farewell − (TBA)

Life is Strange: Before the Storm features Chloe Price, a 16 year-old rebel who forms an unlikely friendship with Rachel Amber, a beautiful and popular girl destined for success. When Rachel’s world is turned upside down by a family secret, it takes their newfound alliance to give each other the strength to overcome their demons. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/554620
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive (UPDATED)

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/14053973
strawpoll.me/14053988
strawpoll.me/13834594
strawpoll.me/14047827

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
twitter.com/AnonBabble

BAE > bay

BFFs, Pirates, Wonder Twins, Partners in Time & Crime & Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

Reminder that Rachel repeatedly betrays Chloe and dies

Rachel? More like Baechel.

Chloe is #1

Third for fuck Steph

GAL PALS SPINNING

Reminder that Rachel's "death" is going to be retconned

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it
>So, once again we got the fact that our ending always will be BAE>Bay

Don't mind me, just posting endgame OTP

GAL PALS HOLDING HANDS

>he still believes this
Genuinely sad

As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

How much of Rachel's actions are just what she normally does, being naturally touchy and flirty? Thinking it's just harmless fun.
She cares about Chloe, but by doing all of that it eventually gives Chloe and wrong idea. Since the next two episodes were still at the start of things it may very well be a real attraction but over time Rachel's feelings change and Chloe's continue to grow.
The fact Rachel never did anything to put Chloe off the idea of them being together is what ended up causing the problem of feeling like the truth had to be hidden. Rachel wanting to avoid hurting Chloe with rejection and trying to hide from the consequences of what would happen when Chloe learned she was lied to.

GAL PALS GIVING EACH OTHER EMOTIONAL SUPPORT

We understand, you love Rachel. You can stop now.

Why retcon something that doesnt even happen tho?

I CANNOT BE STOPPED

>hurr season 1 doesn't exist

Don't fret, user, no amount of shitposting will change the fact that Rachel is dead.

GAL PALS GIVING EACH OTHER BEDROOM EYES

I'd believe Rachel died if she didn't have superpowers.

You're right

>"So... are you going to invite me in?"

Reminder that both Chloe and Rachel are canonically dead.

Even if you're technically right, you shouldn't be so blunt and try to cause flame wars this early.
Rachel didn't try to hurt Chloe. Her dishonesty was a misguided attempt to avoid doing that. At least that was part of it.
Max didn't try to hurt Chloe either by abandoning her, but she did hurt her.
Of course, the differences are that Max was able to come back and make up for her mistakes and the attractions between her and Chloe grew to become an equal intensity. Rachel tried to keep some things hidden, and dodge Chloe's obvious feelings for her, and met a tragic end so that she couldn't even try to explain herself when the truth did come out.

The best course of action would have been to just been for Rachel to tell Chloe the truth, just like the best course for Max would have been to keep in contact with Chloe- But we can't change either of those. The characters shouldn't be judged just for their fuck ups.

This picture is amazing.

Even if Rachel has time powers, and there's no evidence she does, her rotting body is seen in Dark Room. It seems hard to escape death, no matter what your powers are, when you're already dead.

Rachel might have helped Chloe get through a difficult time in her life but Max will always be Chloe's best friend. She is the person who changed her life the most.

>one wears flannel
>the other one wears a beanie
beautiful

>her rotting body is seen in Dark Room
they never show her body

how long do you think this episode will take to complete?

I really hope around 4 hours like the previous one

Finally we get to see Rachel in the classic outfit that ended up at Chloe's house

it exists but it's an irrelevant french cuckoldry

Chloe is only dead in half of the canon endings. Rachel is dead in all of them.

Oh, sorry, her clothes are just down there right next to another rotting body. Also, Nathan took a picture of her in that hole, but moved her and didn't actually kill her, and someone else got buried there later on. Gotcha.

There's going to be a lot to fit into one episode, so hopefully it's even longer than the first episode.

Chloe wears that flannel at some point in this episode I wonder how's that gonna play out

That's why she was able to return as a spirit that only Max could see. There is something special about Rachel, but if she had a power then it seemed to be different than Max's. Not one that would enable her to survive, only one that lets part of her remain and able to influence things in some way.
(Pic related is my own kind of mini fanfic so feel free to ignore it, but it's what I first thought of when learning about the prequel and how Rachel could be tied to Max.)

3 hours per episode.

How am I supposed to play this when they keep touching and everytime they do my heart rate starts going crazy and my sugar levels skyrocket i think i got diabetes because of this trailer already and it was only 1.5 min

Four hours seemed like the standard. There's definitely a lot to cover in this episode. If they introduce yet more plot points without addressing some of the already existing ones then Episode 3 may feel really crammed.
We'll see.

We don't see her body, just a blue tarp. It's definitely Rachel though. The photos of her and Nathan (who is possibly also drugged and the two of them photographed by Jefferson) show the same location and Chloe sees something that confirms to her it's Rachel. Obviously they weren't going to show some horrific image of a decaying body. Poor Rachel...

SIX DAYS

The candle that burns twice as bright burns half as long

>doesn't realise the same thing applies to pricefield
Are pissfielders all this stupid?

All this BtS talk must be making Max feel lonely. Post her instead!

If you stay here for longer than few days then you realize that the answer is obviously "yes"

Daughterfus

Max is never lonely! She sits quietly and with an interest as Chloe tells her the story of how she met Rachel and their first days together. Sometimes, Max starts to tear up when hearing about how sad and angry Chloe was. Chloe wipes away those tears, gently kisses Max on the lips, and tells her that things are better now.

I hope Chloe takes a shower this time

Steph a shit

I wanted to replay Tony Hawk's American Wasteland and make Chloe as my character but you can't have a female skater in the story mode. Hella lame. I'll just have to settle for doing it in one of the earlier games.

Tiny figure, big appetite.
Does that also mean there's a mini-Max running around somewhere?

Shit, really? That sucks

I found them! Have to find a way to get them back to their mini-home.

Aww, a lovely read. Max is feeling much better now.

I hope Steph gets beaten to death by a mob for being lesbian while Chloe and Rachel from far away holding hands

is david an anti hero?

That's not very nice user. Steph is their friend.

Can't wait for more Steph in ep2
It's okay I'll just go...

Steph a cute

I miss Max. She's the one thing I'm really missing in the prequels. I liked my shy artsy hipster protagonist.

She's about to be their dead friend, god willing

>Arcadia Bay on the shirt
what a wasted opportunity

Nah. I think you are just bitter because Steph is cuter than you.

She killed millions.

I want to see art or read a story about all of Max & Chloe and their friends hanging out together.
Doing a big DnD session, taking up a movie theater/drive-in, having a party.

Holy shit I never noticed someone was looking out of the window
SAD!

KABLOOOOM!

This is why I haven't touched BtS yet. For me, Max was the star of Life is Strange and without her, any game with the LiS title in it would feel imperfect. Luckily they are making a bonus episode for Before the Storm where you get to play as young Max.

What if Nathan kills Mikey if you let Drew bully him

Mikey deserves it for destroying my DnD loot with his acid splash. Based Nathan

Was anyone else in the room when you cried at the Bay ending, /lisg/? How did they respond?

>crying at an obvious tear-jerker
Nah.

After escaping the ravaged Arcadia Bay with Chloe and resting for a while in San Francisco, Max goes back into time and warns the local authority of the forthcoming storm. The people quickly evacuate Arcadia Bay and she ends up saving both Chloe and the town. There!

I only play games at night when everyone sleeps but
The entire last episode of S1 was so shit that all i felt was anger and disappointment so nah I didn't cry.

Chloe's death will never change. We promise that will stay canon forever. haha :)

>Choice game
>Canon
How fucking stupid do you have to be to come up with bait like this?

go back to your corner of irrelevancy, Michel

nice bait tovarisch

Women are excluded from most games I wanted to create a Chloe character in WWE 2k17, but female characters aren't allowed in the story mode. That's part of what makes the LiS series so special.

No. He's an asshole that finds redemption in the end.

>How fucking stupid
You must be French.

>pic related

You are fat as my bear today. Try again.

Chloe a cute

>dat taylor sfm
Why don't the side gals get more love?

Nope. No one enters my room without my content.

I found the alternate timeline sequence in episode 4 more sad than both of the endings, the moment when Max said to Chloe that she tried her hardest to change Chloe's life but failed and that she should be strong for what was to come (William's death and Max abandoning her), was more sad. Although, I did tear up in the Bay ending when Nathan shot Chloe in the bathroom.
>"No one would even miss your punk ass, would they?" -Nathan
Rachel went missing and Max had left the town. Chloe would have felt so lonely at that moment, thinking that no one cares about her and a psycho is about to shoot her. She died without knowing that Max ever came back to Arcadia Bay and tried to save her life multiple times. The lovely moments between Chloe and Max in the junkyard, Blackwell swimming pool, Chloe's room, etc, all erased from reality. Ugh, the Bay ending is actually very depressing, I hate it.