/divg/ - Divinity: Original Sin General

Laughing Demons Edition

Previous thread:
Patch 3 notes:
steamcommunity.com/games/435150/announcements/detail/1470847507677711328

Item Crafting List: rcfox.ca/DOS2Recipes/
Skill Book Sellers: divinityoriginalsin2.wiki.fextralife.com/Skill Books
Skill Book Crafting: divinityoriginalsin2.wiki.fextralife.com/Skill Crafting

Divine Ascension (soundtrack, concept art, artbook, lorebook, a map) + Extracted Soundtrack:
mega.nz/#F!tpNGXaZR!UttmYFiknpMvm28ZcOddJQ

>Laughing Demons Edition
Somebody call Lohse the demon slayer.

I do not understand the whole deal with the tea you can easily make in Arx that makes everything cost -2 less APs.

Shit is so game breaking that I had to reload the final fight and do it without using it because it provided no challenge.

Has anyone here done the God King route?

Found this in the game files and still trying to figure out if this is still in the game.

>Accept deal with the God King
>Unlimited revives, theoretically
>If you die twice at the same level, you get permanently turned into a Zombie chicken

Where should I put my points as a ranger now that I'm done with Warfare? Huntsman seems obvious, but maybe going ranged for higher crit chance might be better

i have a full undead party planning on doing just that
still in reaper's coast though so it may be a while

>Zombie chicken
U w0t Swen

WHERE THE FUCK IS THAT SHIP WITH CRABS I KEEP HEARING ABOUT
IVE BEATEN THE GAME TWICE AND I STILL HAVENT FOUND IT REEEEE

Mordus cave, down the hatch in the ruins to your right when taking the lower exit to the beach where you can find the captains compass.

Mordus's cave, eyelet.

what
i swear i've been there several times

Did you find the altar surrounded by chew toys?

yes, it's the same place where you get the eye that unlocks mordus's basement, isn't it?

>+5 thievery
Forgive me Lucian for i walk the path of the negro

Yeah. Walk through the water like three times, activating the traps and the ship will come crashing down, bringing with it the crabs and the shark.

Ifan is cute!

CUTE!

Do I find the person who removes the Source Collar in Fort Joy area?

>not +7
Get on my level

Nah, you'll wear the Source collar until act three.

Don't civil abilities cap at 5? That's what I was told.

Just get +2 from gear that you stole as well

>Walk through the water like three times
that'd be it then, i usually just cross it once and pyramid out

>More digging in the game files
So if you kill marg and help Grog in taking over his bridge, but do not kill Grog afterwards, you'll meet him in the Arx outskirts, guarding a bag of loot. he'll also be thankful for your support in Reapers Coast and teach you Reactive Armor. i mean, by that point you can just buy that skill for pennies at any vendor, but still, neat.

generally, if you want to experience everything in this game, don't use the Pyramids.

Yes, but I think that NPC only removes the collar for the PC. To get everyone else collar off you have to find someone outside of Fort Joy.

Do the arena and a smith with remove one collar
Help gareth in the swamp and at the seeker base you can get the rest removed
All in act1

>pyramid
and by this i mean waypoint out

expect the AWOO part I really like him too

kys

>Not liking the musky husky

>Digging through game files
did you know that Teleportation counts as an attack but Nether swap doesn't?

Yes, Teleport drops you on your ass and deals physical damage.

>one does damage
>the other doesn't
wow dude

wow incredible

>Believing it's damage that defines what is an attack
They literally had to add a line to make Teleportation be a trigger for attack, same with flame whip.

On another note
>Mods disable achievements
>But give us the option to make a mod that unlocks achievements

The Shadow Prince was a much more pleasant individual than I expected

Does this mean you can use Nether Swap to reposition merchants into back alleys without lowering attitude? I'll have to try that

Who else lizard squad?

Only in a deranged, but quite polite / personable cult leader sort of way. It's funny how his "muh elves" and "muh dragons" paranoia is completely baseless if you complete either of those story lines because nothing he warns you about comes to pass.

I tried this in Driftwood and all the merchants were immune to nether swap. Pretty sure that's intentional to prevent easy pickpocket cheese.

You can still throw a smoke grenade or use smoke cover to cheese though. Just have to be fast since the smoke dissipates quickly out of combat.

What I do is just use teleport, send them into a back alley, talk to them right as they get up before they get a chance to turn hostile, pickpocket them, then have the party waypoint away

When I come back they're over it and at most I have to give them a small gift to repair their -5 attitude

It only doesn't if you become the new Divine.
If you choose source communism the Lizards go on a rampage with the dragons and either Saheila or the Mother Tree goes Race War Nao. If Saheila, at least Tovah (if alive) opposes her.

There goes the theory that you can pass the path of blood by avoiding unprovoked killings.

Are you sure you didn't have the bugged ending slides? My 2 most recent play-throughs were the Source Communism and Lobotomize Yourself routes and in the SC one Red Prince ruled peacefully and didn't abuse Dragons (thanks to the Red Princess and his peaceful union or some shit) and in the sacrifice ending Sebille was a mother tree who led her people to peace and prosperity, even if the elves didn't rejoin the alliance.

>If you choose source communism the Lizards go on a rampage with the dragons and either Saheila or the Mother Tree goes Race War Nao
Just make Sebille a mom and RP a father of dragons and everything will be fine.

The _AttackerOwner tag refers to which party initiated combat. If you never manually start combat by attacking people before combat begins via dialogue etc. you will not trigger this.

Didn't have sebille with me on my communism run and Sadha died of natural causes

Kay i'm having a hard time dealing with A Cryomage, A Aeromage, two Swashbucklers, and a voidwoken, any easy way to cheese this fight? Its the undead fight in the marshes.

Ah. nice, thanks. that makes a thing I wanted to do with my mod a lot easier.

>he fucked up completely and whining about how bad the ending is
Seriously?

Is it the fight that begins with the archer up on the cliff in the area or the larger fight in the valley with the Voidwoken?

Approach the fight from the other side (east entrance) and teleport/flight/whatever your guys up the small cliff on the left before initiating fight.

Use Oil or Ice in front of the only ladder to access the area and people will not use it and waste turn staying down. Use this method to kill the Voidwoken first and slowly move to the others.

Not whining mate, got myself through 5 playthroughs with different endings.

I wanted to point out that not everything turns out okay if you pick source communism, but made a mistake by not thinking about what my party composition was.

Yes

Kay will try

>the friend zone permeates shapeshifting forms
(ಥ﹏ಥ)

I keep hearing the sparkle sound for finding something hidden in front of the Meistr's house in Driftwood.
What the fuck is it? Can't find shit

Do not stay near the edge or people will use skills such as Blitz Attack to get there. The Voidwoken will come with Void Glide. Get him.

You spotted the trap door under her bed or the switch behind her painting through the wall.
Game's weird like that.

What

>Doctor's basement

ok i'm new to this video game and i have a slight problem

my party is like this

>warfare/necro lone wolf 2hander guy who runs into 5 enemies alone and creates a tornado of blood and death
>a shitty bow using reddit prince who uses first aid once on my guy when he gets knocked down, the spends the rest of the fight running away and dying

how do i improve my squad composition

Bow user needs 3 ranger at best, rest goes on Warfare for damage.

also the bow guy has lone wolf too but it doesn't stop him from sucking ass

Get the bow guy on high ground and enjoy bonus damage from height.

How are you building the ranger? Bow/crossbow builds are as strong as two hand if you build them right.

Dump every attribute point into finesse with enough memory for skills. Get enough huntsman for the skills and then dump every other combat point into warfare for the damage bonus. If you grab the talent executioner and find high ground with tactical retreat or phoenix dive you can just turret and rack up kills easily.

you don't need more than 2 points in huntsman, every single point after those first 2 should be going towards warfare for the bonus physical damage caused, afterwards you can push it to 5 (for arrow storm), then dump the rest in Ranged

Personally I took The Pawn for free repositioning every turn and a point in Scoundrel for Chloroform and Adrenaline, has been working pretty well

>Chloroform
you have two physical fighters
how the fuck are you getting any use out of this?

I'm not the guy you were responding to, I have a crossbowman, twohander, fire/earth mage, and water/air mage

But to answer your question, Chloroform is a 1 AP skill I can toss out that basically rips all the magic armor off of lightly armored enemies from high ground, or CCs something that already has low magic armor to make it skip a turn

Yeah i'm still having problems The skeletons are just going through the fire/oil like it was nothing and are flanking me like crazy.

Ok /divg/, I finally got this game and I'm trying to decide on a party, I'm playing a human rogue. I'm sure on keeping Lohse and Ifan, but I'm hesitating between Red Prince and Fane as my last member (and tank). Which one is the most fun/ interesting for story purpose?

Not interested in Sebille and Beast.

Dump Ifan and bring both.

I'm romancing Ifan so no can do.

Play Ifan and bring both.

>tank
Dont do this.

Gaaay.

>basically rips all the magic armor off of lightly armored enemies
>Chloroform
Are we playing the same game user? I use chloroform on one of my mages because I put a point in scoundrel for the pawn and adrenaline. It does maybe ~20% magic armor damage at best. Usually have to fling a spell or two to break through magic armor before I use it.

Who says I'm playing a boy?

I am

There's no point in having a dedicated tank in this game. You can build a nigh unkillable 1h + shield character with the right build, but none of the enemies will target him and provoke is a worthless skill.

Dump Ifan and play with RP, Fane, Lohse and Sebille.

I just did the Braccus Rex vault and and talked to the statue to talk to the god dude

what happens if you are multiplayer multiplayer? do all players have it happen to them?

Yes. You can eavesdrop on them too.

It scales off of finesse and gets high ground bonuses, the magic damage it does is about the same as just shooting something with my crossbow

I'm also only on Classic difficulty

I'm playing 2 handed knight and I've recently maxed Warfare. Is it better to put points into two handed now or scoundrel? I would presume two handed as Scoundrel probably doesn't calculate the same as Warfare given that it's +crit damage.

How important is the elf cannibalism talent storywise?
I don't want to play an elf and I don't want Sebille either, am I missing something major by not having it?

You can just turn into an elf with Fane's mask and do it that way.

You can eat stuff if you use the mask of shapeshitfing to shapeshift into an elf.

ok, but is it actually important enough to have Fane in the party then?

Nothing that can't wait till your second playthrough.

I don't understand enemies with just one dagger. How they can do so much damage?

You don't even need fane, just the mask

Dualwielding is a meme

cool, thanks

what the fuck is the deal with lockpicks constantly disappearing from my fucking inventory?

They are one-time use, brainlet.

Check if you have any inside of a bag.

What's everyone's favorite tag combo? Mine is definitely Jester and Barbarian.

yeah im not fucking retarded. I had over 30 lockpicks and now i have none. I didnt use 30 lockpicks in the last 20 minutes of gametime you presumptuous faggot

>tactician mode is just stat buffs
whats the point?

More like classic and below are just stat nerfs. Tactician is the only way to have any sort of challenge with this game.