/indie/ Indie and Misc. Games General

Foolish /indie/ died again.
Previous thread: >What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as A Hat in Time, RUINER, Cuphead, Heat Signature, Steamworld Dig 2, LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, OneShot, Rimworld, Age of Decadence, VA-11 HALL-A, Subnautica, Machinarium, DashBored, Vampire of the Sands, Darkwood, Card City Nights 2, Braid, Monolith, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, West Of Loathing, Gone Home, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles. Absorbed the /lite/ general some time ago and /jrpg/ is welcome.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indie and miscellaneous games, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

>Link to the winners of the GTP Indie Cup.
pastebin.com/u9TYjkj3

dedest of threds

I've been having a lot of fun with A Hat in Time.

So have I.

>Heat Signature
>Sleath

>also no Tooth and Tail
ree

Oops

:)

Is Scanner Sombre VR exclusive, or I can play it as usual?

You can play without VR.

I hope Expedition has shitloads and shitloads of lore. Also will shotguns and other new weapons be available to anyone as an update or will that all be part of Expedition only? I'm a poorfag and probably won't be able to buy it immediately on release.

>Also will shotguns and other new weapons be available to anyone as an update or will that all be part of Expedition only?

Expedition only. I'm only guessing, but the patch that'll come with/around the expansion will add a few changes to the base game, maybe even the new difficulty setting, but probably nothing big.

Fool me once, shame on you

I would probably hate whatever video you ripped this from, but in isolation it's bretty gud.

Are you supposed to be able to get up there?

No, I was just exploring with the dev console.

Put aside 10ยข for it every day and you'll be able to buy it on release. Maybe even some gift copies too.

bump

This has been a great year.

Speaking of this year, OneShot may have come out in 2016, but I honestly like to count it as 2017 considering no one really knew what it was for the first few months.

That's not how release dates work but okay.

I just think the fact that it was relevant here in 2017 matters a bit more than the fact that it was technically released on the tail-end of 2016. Besides, Solstice was 2017.

Expedition only. The base game is even getting tiny nerfs here and there. Junkyard Surprise no longer increases mental stats while all the substitutes are in Expedition, things like that.

>probably nothing big
HUEHUEHUE

So does this mean you could make drugs for will and int then use both of them at the same time to make psions even more hideously overpowered?

Solstice is there under updates.

I'm just giving you shit. Categorizing releases by year for anything beyond archival purposes is silly.

AHIT's gacha is rigged

and a ching chong nip nong to you as well

Is it really going to take 300 days?

So about the nerfs, can we get a scoop on them? Not all the details, just a more or less about what to expect. Write it as a riddle or I dunno.

Will you buy her game?

Is that the girl who was the model for Quiet from MGSV?
How does she voice it then?

Headliner is a weird game.
The minority ingame are the purists, who don't approve genetic modification so I ended supporting them, but then there was the topic about the immigrants and I told them to fuck off.
The news were talking about muh poor purist immigrants, but I don't have time to save foreign purists, I only support the local ones lol.

I wonder how all that people on the steam forums kept dying? My game was ez and shit, got the best promotion, saved my wife and my little girl got the education who deserves.

Is the expansion going to be twice as big as the base game?

I doubt it

Then I doubt it will cost $30.

Then there's people complaining about this police state thing and check controls.

How is more police bad? Unless you are some kind of vandal.

>transcend humanity
>cry for human rights

yeah, modified are that weird.
Genetic modifications are truly from devil, that's why I had to support the purist minority

>tfw got a moddie supporter fired
get fucked (((Katz)))

>running a political agenda

>rejecting ascension to godhood
>wanting to stay in the pathetic body evolution gave you

there's not enough space for every piece of news, I'm just reporting the most important things

>t. moddie

You can call me and my augged up buddies for help when those gangsters with illegal bulletproof skin go on a killing rampage and none of the guns you weaklings can lift can do any damage.

I hope Hat game devs can top chapter 3 with the new chapters. I like the platforming in 4, but the context the plot gave you in 2 and 3 just made them so much better.

don't you have some pills to choke on moddie? Miss one and your body will reject your augmented benis :DDD

I really liked this game, but it's too short and I don't feel like replaying it since I got a very good ending. Do you think it would be rude if I tell the dev I'm going to clone his game?

>not modifying your immune system too so it doesn't attack your new augmentations
What's it like being poor?

>Bitch about not sitting on the throne with Melting yesterday.
>"Just keep trying, brah" said an user.
>Actually managed to do it some minutes ago.
Got to Ultra before getting to the Throne. Picking Scarier Face through Detachment really saved my ass.
Thanks, whoever you are, wherever you may be.
And now, to get Snake Plissken's skin...

mods to prevent the rejection of
mods to prevent the rejection of...

Playing a few coop games make me realize how fucking easy Left 4 Dead was.

Why do you NEED augs?

You've obviously never played Expert on the Xbox 360 with pubbies and no voice comm.

I did it, on PC, while trying to go for the pistol only achievement. I failed because pipebombs count.

You only need one mod across your entire immune system.
Why do you NEED me to stay a weakling who dies to tiny bullets and can't even punch an elephants limbs off in unarmed combat?

What are some good Co-op indie games?

Ruin of the Reckless
Moon Hunters
I set the bar low for good

Depends from your tastes, and from your definition of indie.

Anyone have a cipher of Hat Kids language?

Don't listen to this guy:
Neither of those games are any good.

Magicka's good, as are the Divinity: Original Sin games. Helldivers, Battleblock Theater, E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy

I don't know about Helldivers and EYE. They can get very grindy.

Otherwise, there's also Vermintides, and the Earth Defense Force games, but they're also very grindy. Especially EDF 4.1.

>They can get very grindy.
And Diablo and Borderlands and Killing Floor and fuckloads of other good multiplayer games Who gives a shit?

People who aren't autists do.

The stuff from the "ARG" was translated if you're looking for that though.

>implying autists are the main audience of any of the games I listed
Okay now try a real argument.

ibb & obb is a pretty comfy puzzle platformer.

So you don't deny being one, noted.

>tfw no argument so just call 'em autistic

Diablo and Borderlands are shit and Killing Floor
2 is shit
I dont have time to grind

Lets Throne Together

Then Magicka. Maybe Vermintide, but you do need good weapons before tackling the higher difficulties.

And what multiplayers game meet your approval, exactly?

>I dont have time to grind
Bullshit you don't have time to grind if you're playing multiplayer games.

What's a good multiplayer game for grinding your social skill to maximum?

Social Interaction Trainer with a female human in the room with you.

TERA Online.

Not bullshitting you, I barely have time for multiplayer games or any games at all. Ive been in The Foundry for 7 months

Second Life

You mean Summer Lesson?

Whatever you're referencing definitely fails to capture the ephemeral nuance of human communication the way Social Interaction Trainer portrays it.

A NEW AGE OF JOOSTPOSTING

Seriously though Underrail has too many items.

Some items like electroshock generators are incredibly hard to find. I can't think of any good way to fix it besides making trader stocks bigger, only other option is unifying some of the components or adding sliders/buttons for an end result instead of making every change component-based.

Is it bad to say I'm enjoying A Hat in Time more than Mario Sunshine? And Mario Sunshine is nostalgic as fuck for me

I think its because it actually motivates me to collect things. With mario, aside from red coins and stars I don't think most things matters

game is fun

>is it bad that I'm enjoying games instead of constantly repeating "wow new games suck, they were better back in the days"
Let me think about it for a few second : no.

I like Hat game because it takes inspiration from Thousand Year Door in addition to Sunshine. I'd compare Hats unfavorably to TTYD, but not Sunshine.

What's Hat in Time got over Sunshine in terms of gameplay?

I like the high points of Hat in Time way better than Sunshine, but Hat in Time is also much, much shorter not even counting the additional length from blue coins (which you might as well not count because Sunshine is honestly better if you ignore blue coins).

Wrong post, mate. Ask .

>Is it bad to say I'm enjoying A Hat in Time more than Mario Sunshine?
What kind of fucking retarded "please validate my opinion" question is this?

And yes, you're enjoying it because it's flavor of the moment.

Nope, right post "mate". I'm asking you because you're the one who seems to think that favoring a new game over an old one is automatically good. What's Hat in Time got over Sunshine? Why would his liking it more automatically be a good thing?

You misunderstood my post, then.

You failed to articulate your point, then.

Or you failed to understand it.

Your post was understood as it was written. It was also intended as it was read, but claiming misinterpretation is your only refuge at this point.

You clearly misinterpreted it to advance your own agenda of blind hate, and now you're digging yourself deeper.

It clearly wasn't a misinterpretation or you would've clarified your meaning rather than digging in your heels and obliquely defending your point by refusing to acknowledge the relevance of its refutation.