/fhg/ - For Honor General

Buff never Edition

Le last >Season 3 Info:
pastebin.com/wENXbKNh

For Honor v1.14.1 Patch Notes
forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-community/152-302393-16/for-honor-v1141-patch-notes

>New players:
pastebin.com/55KZTiUK

>Multiple hero video guides
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkiUfT_3_4AnTBKwzZQO7-fDgKDzwPRPr

>Wikis:
forhonor.wikia.com
forhonor.gamepedia.com/For_Honor_Wiki

>Character values
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wwr17AtTDFU3BZY_81axLVMKdHdNZuV0wGOb589VKgc/edit#gid=0

>Gear modifier values
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mPLuxn-bPMwxOotsIL8lM-x0jP101dIbUnMD1ten7ik/edit#gid=154396609

>Gear appearances
alfalis.de/For_Fashion/

>Friends list sign up Doc:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe46v1-5y3m5IbPVaP1NRaEjU7tO3YWE_fZkR4dQ5C8nBwI5Q/viewform?c=0&w=1

>For those that have signed up:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b8fuKwrDWqaprZE9mRhDtgDRqkZHIabBfum-jHumLKw/edit#gid=943442915

>War of Factions:
forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/war-of-factions/

>PVP Stat Tracker:
fhtracker.com/

>Story mode collectibles:
gameranx.com/features/id/93082/article/for-honor-all-knights-campaign-collectibles-breakables-observables/
gameranx.com/features/id/93191/article/for-honor-all-vikings-campaign-collectibles-breakables-observables/
gameranx.com/features/id/93397/article/for-honor-all-samurai-campaign-collectibles-breakables-observables/

slut

Wow, these threads are dead.

we just gotta hold out until season 4 and the balance patch. then we can at least have closure knowing if the game is brought back to life or can be cast aside and forgotten

Is anybody on oceanic servers able to get ranked matches? I've been unable to find even a 1 pool lobby for weeks.

So this is the day the general dies

nobu needs no buffs, if anything a nerf to her zone damage and her sidewinder, viper kiss, and zone recovery before being able to dash to not be gb immune and spam happy in dom
give her a stamina and speed buff for hidden stance
she shit in duels fundamentally and that won't change until the defense meta """fix""", but you can at least fix how broken she is in dom right now.
stop playing nobu in duels, she belongs at minion lane in the battlefield like she belongs in the kitchen at home.

Gold 2 Australian here, nope. No matches for ages. I managed to win 3 ornaments.

>completely unable to find a dom match to do my dailies

man

If you really wanna do your dailies, do player versus AI. It sucks, but the game is on its last legs.

that's what i'm doing

i'm gonna have to go to duels at this rate

>last legs
Is it time to say goodnight for the last time?

I think the knights winning the season may have actually killed the game to some degree, since there's no incentive to keep deploying war assets and stuff now that the season is already decided.

>zone damage nerf
Haha, no, it's not even as fast as Warlord's zone and does comparable damage
>sidewinder damage nerf
Haha, no, it's a heavy attack and does a heavies worth of damage, deal with it
>viper's kiss
Why are you trying to "fix" a character when you don't even know her moves? Do you mean Viper's retreat?
>give her zone recovery
Why? What other character has that besides Warden?
>give her a stamina buff for hidden stance
Yes
>give her a speed buff in hidden stance
No, that shit is fast enough already
>stop playing Nobu in duels
No
>she belongs at B
No

Nah, we'll persevere at least until the end of season 4. If there's no year two, then I guess we'll finally be put out of our misery.
It has been a good year. What do you guys plan on moving to? I'm gonna be checking nioh out even though I hated DS, also waiting for monhun and ace combat. Gotta love all those Jap games getting PC ports

>zone
nibba if you think 40(gear) damage zone is ok when it's coming at you unlocked due to target swapping during teamfights where you hardly have time to react to it, you are definitely a duel kiddie. it should do 25 damage max.
>can't read
>sidewinder, cobra strike(forgot it's name), zone recovery
never said to nerf sidewinders damage, you miss read. these 3 attacks can be chained into each other way to fast with no pause at all. didn't say to make it punishable on block like wardens but to give it a slight pause after you use it. if you're ganking a nobu you should be able to get a GB in reliably if you teammate blocks a zone or sidewinder and it misses you, it's nearly impossible to do that without instantly eating a sidewinder or zone yourself right after. the recovery on these moves chaining into each other makes you pretty much immune to any retaliation since you're target swapping all the while making your attacks unparryable and a literal guessing game on who she's locked onto to get the parry.
>speed buff
i mean a speed buff to the hidden stance animation not the light that comes after.
>duel nobu
why am I even arguing with you, literally every team in the upcoming tourney is running a nobu. nobu has been a staple in not only dom comps but brawls as well solely because of her zone. It's always duel nobus that never touch dom that cry for buffs and think she's some low tier character.
gut her zone or don't touch her.

I will probably stop playing video games. I haven't bought any video games in years, and I got For Honor for free from a raffle. This whole hobby is diseased to the core.

POST MAINS AND SHIET

to clarify on that, her zone and sidewinders and stuff should have the same recovery as it has now. but the window she has to dash right after using it is delayed by 100ms giving her more time to be vulnerable after a zone or sidewinder if she decides to dash after using it.

NAME MY BAND.

mains are for nerds

Holden Cross's Lonely Hearts Club Band

>Nearly total 150 Rep

Do you AFK farm, or do you have 1500 hours in-game?

Close. No, sadly, I do not AFK farm.

>zone
No, I don't have a problem with a 40 damage zone, that can come out faster if you target swap precisely at the right time and the right target. If you have a problem with that it seems you have a problem with zone attacks in general, not Nobushi's zone. Warlord's does the same shit and is faster. It sounds like you just main a character with a shitty zone and you want everyone to have shitty zones.
>extra recovery on sidewinder, zone, and cobra strike
Oh, so you want to take away wavedashing from Nobu. So she can't cancel the recovery of those moves into other moves. Fuck no. Get the fuck out of here. A Nobushi without her wavedash is like Warden without his vortex, or Kensei without his unblockable. It's a fundamental part of her character and the most fun part of playing her.
>speed buff to hidden stance animation
You know the animation has i-frames during it right? That's the entire point of using it. You use the animation to dodge an attack, then follow up with the double lights while they're covering from their whiff.
>duel Nobu
Nope, try again, the only time I'll ever play duel is for tournament ornaments. I'm not saying she needs a buff. I'm saying she doesn't need a nerf, and that the nerfs you proposed are nothing more than a shoddily-covered up attempt at completely gutting her to satiate your anger at her because she stomped your ass. You can't even cry about her unlock zone anymore, go find another, better character to bitch about.
t. Rep 18 Nobushi who's played her since launch

Two Good Dudes and a Flaming Faggot

metalkids267

>target swapping with nobu is hard
>warlords zone is better than nobus because it's 600ms when nobus becomes 300ms-600ms, has 360 degree radius and does 33 base damage vs 25
it has half the range and is punishable by someone else if you block it does get ridiculous when they pop revenge and spam it
>read
>hidden stance
even with iframes can still be punished by things like glad zone or double lights from some characters etc, kinda a off the top of my head buff i thoug of to please duel nobus desu.
really, I don't see them touching nobu since they """fixed""" unlocks and that' what everyone thinks was wrong with her, definitely not her zone in the first place being so strong and unlocks just exploiting that, or how blissful rest makes you invincible for a few seconds and tops you off. unlocks are still a thing due to target swapping, pretty much everyone unlocking in dominion are target swapping. you can't really fix that so just tone her zone down.
t. rep 8 nobu with no main

is this the worst design in the entire game?

Phoenix is up there. This too.

>That golden warden crossguard where the quillons go the wrong fucking way and clip into your arms

You mean Endora?

Oh baby that's the one

I disagree with almost everything you say here. Yes, her zone is definitely one of the stronger zones in the game. This is because her lights are absolute parry bait even on console. It balances her character out. No, there should not be a 100ms delay added onto each move of her wavedash to make her vulnerable, because the entire point of it is to have her not be vulnerable during it. You want to stop it? Parry a sidewinder. She's in revenge and target swapping with sidewinder spam? Just back off and wait for her revenge to drop, or just dodge. Sidewinder can't track dodges at all. Yes, some things can punish hidden stance. It's a risky move. This is an intended mechanic. Blissful rest does not make you "invincible." It's great, but I've died more than once during it's animation because I ate a top heavy while my guard was done. It's also on a longer cooldown than other healing feats to balance it. Just give up man. Nobushi needs neither a nerf nor a buff. Go complain about PK.

I see Warden mains unironically using Caliburn and Endora all the time and it bothers me. How the fuck do you get a character to Rep 30+ while having such shit taste and not killing yourself as a result?

ever since I mained conq people either give up or just leave after the fight to I end up wasting more time looking for matches on duel

I'd love to play dom but I live in a 3rd world and can't stay on dom without crashing

>Conq main
>Shit internet conq main
Pls just play another game

Is lag switching fairly common, or is everything just extra laggy for everyone?

I have fibr optics my net is fine

also this is the only game I enjoy really

Lagswitching is incredibly common in duels and ranked.

fucking hell
where do they go from here? they cant just keep making things more and more gold forever

I have no idea. If I were them I'd start just making different shaped designs inspired by different periods of weaponry, using different materials to match certain armour materials.

>tfw no wooden sword for kensei
>tfw no marble column hilt/guard for centurion

So its now confirmed that the faction war is rigged in favor of whoever isnt getting a new hero, right?

Yes

>only have 30k steel

hope masks arent super expensive

Another week. another nothing burger. Damn Ubi could have just given us the shitty masks already, now I gotta wait another whole fucking week.

Wait until season 4. It will be the ultimate nothing burger and this general can finally die.

>Implying there are masks next week
kek
It will just be a 5 seconds teaser trailer about masks

theyre adding a new game mode arent they?

>tribute, which means I can stop crowding Dom
>fight system/parry update
>2 new heroes
>more maps finally after Viking village being regulated to just tribute
No. Fuck you and your negativity

>tribute
ruined by honorfags
>fight system update
breaks more than it fixes and game will remain fundamentally broken
>2 new heroes
either OP as shit and tank the population or useless
>more maps
yay

No point setting yourself up for disappointment user. Seasons 2 and 3 were meant to fix the game and give it new life as well.

did someone piss in your coffee this morning or something

Christ someone piss in fucking mouth this morning? Besides i play on Xbox and all the honor fags are now regulated to Brawl. Tribute is fine since it's an objective mode.

>CTF ruined by honorfags
I highly doubt it, dom isn't honorfagging either. It's very rare and frowned upon too

No. It's just obvious that both the general and game are on life-support. Each previous season has been hyped up by this general as the one to turn it all around and each one has been a disappointment. It's sad for sure because this game has great potential but people should really stop having all these wild expectations.

>stop having all these wild expectations.

like your expectations that every single thing will be terrible?

Hardly a wild expectation if it's based on the last 8 months of experience.

>t.i was not here during season 2 round 4 and 5 or off season
Now that was a real waste land lol

That's my point. Everyone was so excited for season 2 and how it was going to save the game. Instead it damn near killed it.

Season 3 was actually good for the game population but it still fixed non of the underlying issues despite it being (again) hyped up as the season where everything is going turn around.

Why should season 4 be different? Because they're supposedly changing the fight system? We've seen what happens when Ubisoft tries to fix issues and balance characters in the past. It doesn't end well.

There is always a chance they are accidentally doing things right like with Siege

I think it's time to leave/ uninstall already. You're reminding me of a shug during off-deason. Nothing will cheer ya up, so please just step away from the general and find something not depressing for you.

Do you think they'll add a new faction in this game or will the go for a second game?

Picked up divinity with a friend

Once again, ed edge and edgy

the first one sucked balls :^

Probably another year or second game down the line in 4 years

If you're looking for a circlejerk reddit might be more your speed.

just ledged someone in dom, he wow'd then sent a message to me to request to duel

wat do

block him

i said "no ty, gg though"
he then instantly asked if i am scared

But it doesn't, we've already started playing. We would be playing the second one but he has a mac

block
HIM
or fight him,ledge him 2 times,say gg ez you're making me waste time and leave

Hello, I would like to join the grand crusade

So how's the playerbase on PC? Has it stabilized or should I buy the game on console?
Also how's the Conqueror doing? I'm a fan of flails and would like to bring God to the heathens

wait until youre at the part where the story kicks in,300 lines of worthless shitty writing

Is this bait?

I didn't like it either. The first part where you are a source hunter investigating stuff was the best part, everything after it is embarrassingly bad story wise and the combat is not fun enough to carry me though that entire game. Companions are lame too.

No it really isn't, I really would like to get into this game and I just perused the classes and saw a motherfucker with a flail and I legit love flails.

Conq is one of the worst in the game

We he's ass and most of the PC folk in this or ingeneral hate the game and will tell you to fuck off since it won't be good for you. If you really want the game, just pirate it or buy it off some site that has it listed at 23$. On console, for PS4 there was a sale for it going as low as 16$ but I'm not sure if it's still goin. I play ok Xbox and the population is ok, over all I'd suggest not getting it. The only reason this general exists is because we just enjoy the game despite its heavy faults. One last thing, 1v1 is a shitty mode and conq has nothing going for him except being an absolute no attack just block type of character.

Well damn that sounds really unfortunate as the concept seems solid. I might still give it a go around on the bone, but hey thanks for being honest

Sad to hear about the Conq, what about the lawbringer he any good? Or is this game heavily favored to swords and shields?

He's god tier of assists. Really great for helping out teamates in most 4v modes. But falls apart once your enemy stops attacking first sinc his attacks tend to be a little slow. We are also getting a new game mode the 15th of November and there might be another free-weekend then, to promote the new season and stuff. So keep that in mind.

Shug 4 lyfe

There is literally nothing wrong with using the Caliburn blade as long as it's with the Aleister hilt.

Warden only uses slashes outside of minion kills or executions anyway.

new patches were had since gladi release, is the game still the same?
i left on the first week of this new season and i just came back.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep an eye out

Damn. Starting the download of the free weekends of other games unlock the symbols for them in for honor but it doesn't work with Wildlands. And it has the only symbol I actually want.

You could read the patch notes listed in the OP user. On some platforms sped up attacks aren't fixed, but others reported it is so "eh". Flicker is gone and Shinobi is now the new orochi because of it. Glad is now the best offensive guy in the game and kensei and conq are still locked in the shed :)

thanks

where can i find the clip of devs saying omae wa mo shindeiru

Don't listen to these retards, they don't know how to play conq. As a conq you can play very aggressively and he's good at pressuring with mixing up shield bashes into attacks and grabs if someone tries to dodge a shield bash you faked.

>get a character to rep 3
>switch to another

i currently have: warden, conq, cent, raider, valk, kensei, shug, nobushi and am almost finished warlord

whose next?

Zerk

On PC not really. All you have is just blocking and praying your opponent gets bored of you sitting there. Also doesn't help them that you dumpster half the cast because of your insane recovery time and ability to remove heavy attack usage during an engagement

Does PC remove his ability to dash into an attack for a pseudo-deflect and all the options that come after it ? Can you not force the opponent into guessing whether or not you'll bash or grab ?

How do I even punish Conq as a Warden? The only good options I seem to have is become literally psychic and throw out a zone or side light when I know he's going to do a dodge bash, but I can't do it reactively.

I can't punish a dodged bash because he can just do another dodge-bash to punish my punish attempt, before I hit him with my shoulder. And I can't dodge GB fast enough as a warden.

Battle of the Bashes I suppose. When you dodge his bash, you can go into your bash mixup and try to punish his attempt to punish your punish attempt

I really hope honourfags dont ruin tribute mode

They won't user. It's not a set of 1v1s and you have a set objective that buffs you as you score. The worst I can think of is teamates hitting you in the back for getting the flag for finishing an order kek.