/assg/ General

Gorn Edition

>What is Dead by Daylight?
Asymmetrical multiplayer slasher game where 4 survivors scramble to fix 5 generators, while 1 killer wants to sacrifice all of them.
deadbydaylight.com
deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Dead_by_Daylight_Wiki

>What is Friday the 13th?
A slasher game featuring Jason and counselors. 7 counselors with different stats try to escape the camp while Jason kills them one by one.
f13game.com

>What is Last Year?
Beta coming this October, Class based with weaker killers.
lastyearthegame.com

>Discord Chat
discord.gg/Eb3WFHz

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/dbdgeneral

>Latest Patch Notes (DbD)
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/16/1471967615869010456/

>Skill Check Simulator (DbD)
www.mistersyms.com/tools/gitgud/

Holy shit! Is that a dead thread?:

Jenny!

Eyy
Jeyy

Debbers

Is for Jenny!

so what will the two remaining new jasons be?

Uber Jason and non-Cyborg Jason from X?

One of them will probably be Roy. They'd have to remove the Pamela stuff and remove or rework the sweater, but otherwise he is just like Jason.

joey's candy bar maybe?
LaChappa has to put on his bloody clothes?

Roy and regular X is my guess.

I'd almost like to hope Roy makes it in somehow, but you know for a fact that last one's gonna be Uber Jason either way.

I bet his mask smells like a used band-aid x 100

>Only two more maps

This game desperately needs like 8 more maps. You could make at least 4 from New York and not make it feel repetitive then the rest could be from Jason X and nu-shit

the boat from VIII
the ship from X
the halfway house from V
where ever the hell IX took place

It would be difficult to make anything that isn't a campground.

I hope there's more, they still have the options from part 5, 7, 8 (boat or NY), somewhere from 9 and X to do.

Even if it looks wonky in-game, I love the idea of the Doctor mori, that picture's perfect.

ROY /OURBOY/
also uber jason/part 10 skin for final jason. two in one

did they fix facecamping yet?

they haven't even fixed franklin's working on hooked survivors yet

>That part 4 Jason crotch chop
Best kill.

my balls hurt

It's for using on qts.

Why M&A in Myers?

brings his terror radius to 0 on EW1
it's a meme pick really, good for pulling survivors off a gen once or twice

This , plus it halves his terror radius in EW2, which is even more useful.

>rank reset
>rank doesn't get put back to 20

It doesn't. The higher you were the higher you start from.

>p3 huntress with 750 hours and meta perks
>misses every hatchet she threw
>camps ultra hard and bm smacks
>has a hatch standoff for 5 minutes and fucks up the grab
>instantly quits

>start leveling claudette because everyone is saying self care is the best perk
>starts to actually enjoy her more than the others
>Empathy and self care healing my self and everyone else
>amazing natural camo
>90% escape rate
Is Claudette /ournegro/?

>i'm not falling over as much anymore now that I've put on training wheels.
Ya don't say.

That's why I'm always focused in Claudette mains

So am I just shit or are hexes not viable perks? Maintaining them seems to be a ridiculous amount of work.

>Remove the Pamela stuff
We all know they're not going to put that much effort into it.

Run Thrill of the Hunt if you care about keep them up.
Otherwise you accept that ruin is just to keep them off gens for a minute and hope you can get 1 hooked before its blown up

Is Devour hope just a meme or does it actually work sometimes?

Generally you'll be able to get the noed effect before they make it their goal to destroy it

I've had shit luck with it. Mine's still at rank 1 as well.

Imagine if killer perks were balanced the same as survivor perks.
>Unrelenting
>The cooldown of missed attacks is reduced by 90% and any missed attacks automatically inflect damage

>What if the Killer was busted as fuck?!
Did you learn nothing from f13?

Jason's power wasn't that only reason why that game is died so quickly after release, but it was a large factor.

>Plays on easy mode
>Cries

>NOED
>Force all of your might into one strike. Press the activate ability button while lunging to do double damage. Cooldown for 60/50/40 seconds.

>Overwhelming presence
>Once per match upon succeeding a skill check, hook your obsession in the basement on a back hook.

>Knock out
>Unlocks the ability to permanently injure survivors for the rest of the trial

He keeps getting buffs while counselors keep getting nerfed into the ground. Makes them wonder why the game is just as dead as usual on its namesake date.

Counselors are super OP though they can kill Jason.

He isn't safe even if he blocks! It only takes 20 hits with a machete with the highest str counselor to demask through block. What a joke! Block needs to completely negate damage.

>it's okay to bm the killers if they are not top skilled killers
fuck you hypocrite

Anyone ever play white noise 2?

i just picked it up and it's scary as fuck. relatively balanced too, it feels like.

>Friday the 13th
>no sale on FT13

Well that sucks. I wanna play the game but I don't want to spend $40 on it.

Same. By the time it drops to a reasonable price Last Year will be out.

seriously, $40 price tag is a fucking joke I'm not even sure how the game sold so much on PC.

It's a good recognized IP. The hype was also pretty big with twitchers shilling it for a few days before and after release.

post yfw even on friday the 13th fucking nobody is playing friday the 13th

ded game anyway. haha and everybody was so sure it would kill dbd

Seriously? No one?

yeah noone

Maybe I’ll boot it up later a play a couple matches. Haven’t gotten to see my girl jenny in action with her new stuff yet anyways.

even with the new counselor?
Shit,F13 feels like used goods. Just used her for a couple of fuck and then leave her.

I feel bad

All they had to do was put it on sale for like $15 today. It's perfect publicity and they would get new players but they're morons

It's a vicious circle. People like the concept, then see DBD's player count and F13's player count and buy DBD because it's much healthier.

It has less players *because* it has less players.

I'm a DBDfag who does not and will never own F13, but I can relate to the pain as a huge fan of Titanfall 2. TF2 is actually good tho so that's different ;)

Do your dailies

>Titanfall 2

Too soon user.

More like people see F13's killer roster consisting of Jason and 20 OC donut steel Jason variations and buy DBD because it offers some variety. I know I did.

Exactly, do a one time big sale, like $10-$15, many F13 fans will bite and buy the game allowing the playerbase to grow, leading to more sales in the future.

$40 is so overpriced, I have no idea what they're expecting. Nobody is buying that buggy shit for $40

Yeah I don't want to play with just Jason. Even if they play different flavor is really important in a game like this.

I still play it every day, and on PC which I'm told has the lowest playercount of all platforms. so it's still playable which is all that matters to me baybee

F13 was too overpriced and too buggy for too long. DBD has much better word of mouth and reviews, is much more popular, and is half as expensive
also DBD is the better game, but that's subjective, and just my opinion. Those other things are facts.

Hey, that wasn't me!

But I like the picture, so I'll let it pass

Not to mention DBD is snatching up every horror movie icon that isn't Jason. Michael Myers, Leatherface and I hear Krueger is coming (idk if thats true). I tried DBD during the free weekend and I didn't really enjoy it. I think you have to always hook the players? which is weird. I haven't playe F13 either but it looks alot more fun just running around hacking people up. God I wish it wasn't so overpriced

Lol who the fuck cares about those retarded characters? What are you some old boomer fuck shitting your diaper? The devs need to add some real scary shit like Slenderman or The Rake.

> I hear Krueger is coming (idk if thats true)
It's true. Datamining found info for a future killed named "The Sandman," whose weapon is called "Clawed Gloves" and whose power is "Dream Master"
a few days later his fucking themesong was found in the game files so it's all but confirmed

>I tried DBD during the free weekend and I didn't really enjoy it. I think you have to always hook the players?
It's hard to explain but it works. It's got a big learning curve for both survivors and killers, but the hook system is key.

>it’s got a big learning curve for killers
Not really

weak b8

Why are you even here? Last Year?

what the fuck does "bm smack" mean?

The killer curve is just different. Starts out easy because you're playing against shit survivors. By the time you get to ranks 10 and above the suffering begins

DBD does NOT have a big learning curve. Twenty hours should be enough to understand the mechanics well enough to be decently successful.
He probably means M1ing a hooked survivor.

Less weak b8 and more new meme.

hitting people on the hook

Forced meme that is obviously trying to b8. Don't backpedal, it's unbecoming.

>DBD does NOT have a big learning curve. Twenty hours should be enough to understand the mechanics well enough to be decently successful.

I haven't found that to be at all true in my experience. When playing survivor, I don't count on anyone with under 50 or 60 hours. When playing killer, whenever I have a survivor in my lobby with under 50 hours I figure it'll be an easy kill, and it usually is

What is the learning curve for killer exactly?
I’m with there’s not that big of a learning curve at all, but survivors definitely have a larger one than killers. Once you have a understanding of how killer works it’s just a matter of being familiar with the power your current killer has and you can pretty much play at top level outside of new glitches/exploits. Survivors have to learn a couple hard lessons but once they master the game it’s smooth sailing.

Forced for sure, but more of a new meme nonetheless.

I came to complain about F13 not being on sale on friday the 13th

Thanks. So it's the smack that's considered bad etiquette, or is it smacking someone who's displayed bad manners?

Stream some of your killer games? Bet you are at more than a hundred hours and mediocre at the game just like the majority of players, even some that have upwards of 1000 hours.

It can be both. If you stand around smacking someone that did nothing it's a bm in itself, and pretty autistic. If you smack someone that tbagged every window jump and palletthrow it's a sort of "punishment"

Lol the devs are playing you dumb fucks. Throw some fake shit in the game files and you retards all think its real. It's hilarious. You are all gonna be btfo when its not Freddy since he wouldn't sell.

It’s described to be bad manners by smacking someone on the hook, but the person on the hook could have bm’d which instigated the bm smack so technically both but usually the former.

have you ever played against a high rank, cancerous, memeteam 4-stack of SWFboyz? because at a certain rank that's all you get and you need more than power familiarity to sac more than 1 of those guys in a game

>came back to play the game
>buy leatherface
>fucking around using the chainsaw with addon that makes it so it doesn't 1 hit kill but gives more points
>end the game with 18k points
>survivors lived because i didn't camp hooks
>don't get a pip

Wow wee johnny what did they do to this game. So now its actually to my advantage to just sit and watch them die.

>Twenty hours should be enough to understand the mechanics well enough to be decently successful.
>mfw 40 hours total and still suck.

this is very weird b8

don't be worried user. the basic mechanics are easy to understand, but I'd say you become good at the game around the 100hour mark. of course depending on your general skills with keyboard/mouse gaming.

only if you care about pips, pipcuck

>survivors lived because i didn't camp hooks
>to my advantage to just sit and watch them die

this is how I know you're shit at killer. you've fallen into the "you need to camp to get sacs" mentality. Hook them multiple times.

I never camp, I almost always get 2-4 sacs, and when I get 4 I get more'n 18k because i'm not camping.

rank 3 killer so it's not like i'm getting matched against scrubs either

>Rank reset day
Oh boy!

>18k
>play doctor casually
>end up with at least 22k
>one guy start sperging out because I didn't killed him

wow thanks for your knowledge faggot i'm level 2 cannibal facing full team of purple perk faggots using an addon that gimps me for points. kys.

pips don't mean shit in this game, and if you're good enough as a killer you'll end up ranking up anyways.

If you want to try really hard, the best strategy is to tunnel the fuck out of your first hook. You can usually get a sacrifice in the first five minutes with this, and from there it's much easier to control the objectives.

Camping usually just means the survivors can do gens freely, so while you're downing and hooking the second guy you find the gates are already powered.

It sometimes works when survivors are retards, but usually they're not that stupid.

Having to deal with bullshit stacked against you doesn’t mean there’s a learning curve. Most killers figure out how to camp pretty quickly.

>like the majority of players
user, you don't NEED to be an autistic MLG 1337 pro to do decently. That's why the learning curve is so low. Difficulty is determined more by the skill of your opposition.

Considering killers perks are all qol your perk selection hardly matters. And gimping yourself is your problem.

> Once you have a understanding of how killer works it’s just a matter of being familiar with the power your current killer has and you can pretty much play at top level outside of new glitches/exploits.
not sure what your idea of "top level" is, but against survivors who actually know what they're doing playing killer is pretty difficult and requires a fair amount of predictive skill. Otherwise, you'll just end up losing multiple gens by your first hook, and your only hope of winning is the survivors totally shitting the bed.

With that said, you can still do well in the ranking system, because it's broken and meaningless.