Actually panicking

Just turned 19, Veeky Forums, I have $7000 USD to my name, a car with no transmission, no drivers license, and in two weeks my parents are moving across the country on extremely short notice (yesterday). What would you do in my situation?

Other urls found in this thread:

lockheedmartin.com.au/us/products/antarctic-support-contract/jobs-in-antarctica.html
lockheedmartin.com.au/us/products/antarctic-support-contract/jobs-in-antarctica/visit-partners.html
en.legion-recrute.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

buy a good pushbike

Are you working employed? If so what's your monthly take home and what city?

I'm 22 and you have double my networth

I'd enroll in a driving school.

Here it's only like $400.

Also you're leaving out a lot of important information. Are you in college? If so what major? Do you have a job? Have you ever had a job? Do you have other family in town? Can you go with your parents? How did you get the 7k in the first place?

>invest in Ethereum desu

sounds like you have a decent amount to find maybe a room that someone is renting out on craigslist. If you haven't lived conservatively before this will be real eye-opening experience. I'd definitely recommend getting a job doing literally fucking anything so that you can at least keep your USD at level. And just try to find alternate ways to improve your situation thereon. You've just been introduced to the world. It sucks!
In all seriousness, good luck.

About $1000 a month, small town.
Parents are effectively kicking me out of their lives.

sell car, move with them, use car money to buy a motorcycle and get 5x the mileage and 10x the pussy.

Invest 5k into cryptos due to age allowance of risk investments. Keep 2k, use a portion of it to afford social situations that you will have to be in to create your new network. Keep saving and making money anonkun.

Holy shit you're panicking over this? How much of a pussy are you? Get on with it and be resourceful or kill yourself for being such a fucking fag

>Parents are effectively kicking me out of their lives.

Now why would they go and do a thing like that?

Be honest with us son. Is it drugs? It's drugs isn't it?

I would either kill myself or move to a new state and start over. But that's based on the fact that I love my parents and have marketable skills. Your mileage may vary.

>Invest 5k into cryptos due to age allowance of risk investments.

I love crypto. I have $7.5k worth of crypto.

Still he shouldn't invest in crypto until his situation is stable and he has a place to live.

Well he has $7000 saved up, so I wouldn't suspect a drug addiction. Young drug addicts don't save money.

Hope my ID didn't change. No, they're just forcing me off the gravy train because that's what their parents did.
I'm really just worried about housing, I don't want that drain on my income that is rent. I'd be losing the money with no gain (other than not being a vagrant); what would be a feasible circumvention? Buy land and build a shed with a bed?

>Buy land and build a shed with a bed?
this is illegal in most of the US. So you'd need enough land that nobody could see you doing it. That's a lot of land.

car camping is good if you happen to have a car and a driver's license. Homelessness can be ok. It will teach you a great deal about responsibility and the value of running water if you happen to survive it. I think what normal people do is live with friends and relatives. Veeky Forums isn't normal people though.

I've been in your shoes. I camped in the woods while looking for work. Once I found a job (fast food, doesn't pay much but you can eat), I saved up and rented a place near work. Then I found co-workers willing to room with me and split rent.

Buy BTC.

What's the crime, not paying taxes on your 'house'?

Probably some zoning bullshit. Fuckin busybody bureaucrat commies, man.

that and public safety. Building codes. But if you build it to code you'll usually need well, septic, electricity. Stuff your average homeless 19 year old former NEET can't do.

so yeah, permits, zoning, codes, and taxes.

Most places will let you camp on your own land for around 100 days out of the year. You can actually camp longer on government land than you can your own.

what kind of car is it? transmissions run around $500 or so, you could potentially do the work yourself if you aren't the faggy type.

>you could potentially do the work yourself if you aren't the faggy type.
Changing a transmission isn't for the faint of heart. Besides he'll need to spend money to buy tools to fix it with; that's assuming he knows anything about cars. Fuck that anyway, just buy a new second hand car. Which is pointless for him anyway without a drivers license.
Op, get your fucking drivers license. You've always got somewhere to sleep when you have a car.

>OP buys a chiltons and a cheap ratchet set
>drops a tranny
>fuck it, opens it up
>gets the rebuild manual
>$125 rebuild kit, clutches, bands, thrust washers
>repacks the bitch himself
>throws it back in
>accidentally learns a valuable new skill
>making $60k rebuilding trannies
worse things have happened

BUY ETH FAGGOT

I'm 19 too but I literally dropped half of 8K on my wardrobe/steal-priced shoes that I can sell for bank cause I'm a Veeky Forumsggot, and the rest I invested in BTC/ETH

>Changing a transmission isn't for the faint of heart
Please read >if you aren't the faggy type
A 40 dollar walmart tool set and a jack is enough. He can even return them if he keeps the ticket.
>pointless for him anyway without a drivers license
Is getting a drivers license also as hard as changing a tranny?

For those of us dick fingers changing a transmission is hard, masculinity not withstanding. If he's got a car that he's left sitting around without a transmission, then I think it's safe to assume he's fucking useless.
>accidentally learns a valuable new skill
although this guy makes a good point. But now is not the time for new skills; he's needs a roof over his head asap.

>he's needs a roof over his head asap.

Maybe he could tell a fat chick he loves her and move in.

Or enlist in the air force.

I've tried several times to send people to Antarctica (because it would be hilarious) but I can never get them to do it. Maybe this guy will go. Seriously you can apply to be a cook or something:

lockheedmartin.com.au/us/products/antarctic-support-contract/jobs-in-antarctica.html

lockheedmartin.com.au/us/products/antarctic-support-contract/jobs-in-antarctica/visit-partners.html

Or maybe he could join the French Foreign Legion: en.legion-recrute.com

He could guard french mining interests in Africa and they'd let him pick a new name and give him a French passport.

These are all unironically feasible ideas. I would probably choose a comfy air force job myself.

what cryptos?

Ahahaha I misread due to being retarded.
Disregard I have BTC, ETC, ETH, XRP, XMR & DASH

Get an apartment. Get a job.

Get an affordable apartment with a job so close you can walk to.

Google affordable housing for your city or subsidized housing for your city. Usually its cheap but its in a ghetto.

>move with them
>Still he shouldn't invest in crypto until his situation is stable and he has a place to live.

It looks like he can't go with them.

>they're just forcing me off the gravy train because that's what their parents did.

I would agree with you if he could though.