How do we fix it , /v/?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eXJFbsQBvLw
metacritic.com/game/game-boy-advance/final-fantasy-v-advance
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No it's fucked.

It's too broken.

is XV-2 happening?

No. Tabata confirmed that XV ends in 2018 and his next game is a new IP.

I waited 20 years for this game.

You give Nomura a chance do make Versus

How?

How to fix "Final Fantasy XV":

>remove "Final Fantasy XV" from disc tray
>insert "Persona 5"

Based Tabata already did when he released it, now he's just making it better. Thank fuck it's not a KH3 or 7R cluster fuck.

What does /v/ think of the side quest system in FFXV? What games did it better? What went wrong?

Wait for PC mods

BLACKED

>FFXV is basically an early access game

What a scam.

PCfag here. Why exactly is FFXV so terrible? Could mods fix it or are the issues too fundamental?

range ban melbourne

>Story presentation is the worst it's ever been: In order to get the full story you need to watch an anime and a movie and even then it's still not complete with most events happening off screen in the linear part which is when the narrative is supposed to improve
>Open world was a mistake and I mean that 100%, every quest is a fetch quest of the nth degree with zero substance in any of them and outside of one or two dungeons there is nothing interesting to find in the world
>Combat is riddled with problems such as inconsistent hit stun properties, no launch moves, enemies don't proper telegraph moves (Tabata said this was to add to realism) and the camera getting hung up on things makes combat a mess
>Additionally it's impossible to die because you are given a buffer zone when your health reaches 0 for you to pop a potion and you are going to have a lot of these
>Contrived moments like Prompto being an MT having zero relevance to anything
>Car is entirely on rails and is a glorified loading screen
>Game is still getting essential content a year after its release
It's the Sonic 06 of Final Fantasy.

>implying he won't just use proxies
idiot

Looks like it'll be done in about five years at this rate.

its too late, the damage is done

No. I platinumed the game, but it's probably are too deep.

>Ardyn wins that poll
>"We'll make a movie/new game about his backstory if we do, it's too big for DLC."

Typical MMO fetch quest bullshit spread across an empty open world. In other words, into the trash it goes.

Unless you've got a mod to change the gameplay entirely, then no.

>FFXIV has the same quests
>Somehow more fun and interesting than XV's

How does that even work?

>"We can't make the Invasion playable because it'll take too long and be incredibly hard to implement. We need to focus our time on the open world instead!"
>The Versus XIII Invasion was linear
>Even FFXII did a similar thing

Well, that's a lot bigger commitment than a simple DLC

Who'd choose more playable characters before finishing the story is beyond me

Especially when the game plays like shit.

How about you let devs do their fucking job instead of coming up with inane shit from your couch and simply not biuy it if it sucks?

PC version that contains all the DLC and maybe I'll consider buying it.

It won't. It'll only contain the first set of DLC maybe.

P I R A T E
I
R
A
T
E

Definitely. Even then that won't change the shit gameplay so don't go in with high hopes.

Nomura failed hence why Tabata came and saved it.

But Fatlus don't want you to play on PC :^)

Sidequests are the same things older FFs did, the only flaw was one hunt at a time and that's being made so you can take multiple at once in a future update.

It's been almost a year since the Conan O'Brien shitposting, god those threads were hilarious as is the video because everything he said in it turned out to be true.

youtube.com/watch?v=eXJFbsQBvLw

>saved it
LMAO

wew

They were typical fetch quests. Go to point A, then point B then return to point A. Mindless and without purpose. Simply there to artificially inflate the playing hours.

It's not, it's the best FF. It's only 2-3 KH fags that samefag endlessly pretending XV is bad because they're mad Nomura was kicked off and Tabata saved it.

Nomura wanted it to be a musical at one point, Tabata turned out an 8/10 game and it's only going to get better as more things are added that were originally going to be in the game.

Except it plays great.

>the fishing VR game is 50 dollarydoos
offically the worst FF now, i regret my 200hours

Nah, it definitely plays like shit.

No gay

But he was objectively wrong because it doesn't take 72 real time hours to beat adamantoise, you can beat adamantoise in under 5 minutes

>L1 to block
what the fuck kind of bind is that

they could have went either more action, and make it more like devil may cry... more complex with a movelist and stuff.
or make it more RPG, add more Party members, let you control all party members etc.

but it seems they dont want to commit either way and we end up with this mess.

>It's an aggressive waste of time
He got that part spot on though.

the Ninja Gaiden one.

6.5m sold in 9 months more than any other FF has sold in the same timespan.
More GOTY awards than any other FF ever
Loved so much fans beg for more content and are getting it.

Nomura is a fucking hack who barely got 20% done by 7 years.

>Loved so much fans beg for more content and are getting it.
You mean released in such an unfinished state that the developers literally need to add more so that the game isn't a total embarrassment.

Well first of all

>50gb's of updates

I've got shit internet so even IF I wanted to play it I still would not buy it.

explains why i was so bad at NG then, R1 is heaps comfier

Fuck off SBK91.

He was objectively wrong on that too.

Change the shitty scenario writer. She like homo novels, so FF15 got the homo story. Nightmare. Only fujoshis were able to enjoy the story.

>universal 8/10 and 9/10 reviews
>More GOTY awards than any other FF
>b-but embarrassment!?

No more gay

The game objectively plays like shit.

I fucking hate old Noct design I don't give a shit what any normie says, but Ignis with his hair down is god-tier.

There was 4 writers 3 of whom are men, stop projecting your faggotry just because one of the writers is female.

>universal 8/10 and 9/10 reviews
It has an 81 on Metacritic which makes it the lowest scoring mainline title since V.

>one

Pretty sure she was the lead writer.

No it objectively plays great, maybe if you bothered to see that the monster is about to attack because you're attacking its head you wouldn't be getting fucking wrecked.

It has more scores than any other FF and thus more positive reviews than any other FF.
It has more GOTY awards than any other FF.

It's still one of the lowest score Final Fantasy games and it was universally reviled by fans meanwhile Persona 5 is seen as a modern day masterpiece.

how the fuck is 5 that low

There was three people just credited as "Scenario" and one person credited as " Original story plot".

>using the xb1 version
>this fucking desperate

Move on

metacritic.com/game/game-boy-advance/final-fantasy-v-advance

See for yourself, it's also the GBA version so I'm not sure if they changed or added anything that would make it inferior to the original.

>no new IP

The only one who was relevant enough to make it into video interviews was the fujoshit and are we really implying they didn't basically completely throw out Nojima's story? XV-cuck pls.

>XV has good comba-

only thing changed would have been lower quality music because GBA soundchip was trash

Ok here is what you do
LESS IS BETTER in this situation
So Open world, limit that to open world areas that each have their own zone.
Like the two kingdoms you visit only make all the game like that. Just take apart the map condense large areas into seperate single map. I get that they wanted to make it like skyrim, but skyrim is located to one country. Where Final Fantasy is the enitre planet.
Look at mario odyssey. They are doing it right. Only when you get into a city, and I mean city only no small towns. You load in a new zone.
TAKE ALL THOSE MAPS AND SCATTER THEM AROUND THE WORLD AND REMAKE SOME AREAS. Use your car still to go place to place, when you upgrade to air ship you can either fly around from zone to zone or go in to open map mode and fly to where you want to go.
The problem with 15 amoung many things was the world felt too small.

>I fucking hate old Noct design

Literally the hottest FF boy in any entry ever. What the fuck is your problem?

>Literally the hottest FF boy in any entry ever.

I want Y'shtola to poop on my dick.

He does look like a teenager just entering puberty.

by letting it die

>and that's being made so you can take multiple at once in a future update.
hope you have a claim

Not denying he is attractive, but Ignis' looks aren't really what makes him so appealing and such a good boy. Plus, he seemingly can't even grow any facial hair, that's no good!

It's too late to fix it. The damage is done. I'm still going to replay it with all the DLC, though.

>remove "Persona 5"
>turn off PS4
>boot up pc
>start pcsx2
>insert "Persona 3"
>fuck nevermind
>turn off PC
>turn on PS4
>insert "Yakuza 0"

>It's still one of the lowest score Final Fantasy games

It's one of the lowest rated big name games of the past 2 years. Hell, a fucking HD port of FFXII was rated higher

>Blocking with R1
??????

If someone would've told me a Taro game would score higher than a mainline Final Fantasy game I would've just laughed in their face but here we are.

>remove "Final Fantasy XV" from disc tray
>insert any other games

fixed

>If someone would've told me a Taro game would score higher than a mainline Final Fantasy game
and more liked by the fans

This guy gets it.

god the combat in this game is fucking shit, ironically the best part about the shit game was that platforming secret dungeon, lmao at the fact that the prize for finishing it was a fucking item that allows you to automatically dodge shit so you don't even have to hold that other button besides attack

>People still blaming Nomura
It's like you people didnt follow development of this game at all.

Wanted to make his ideal Final Fantasy
Team gets taken away constantly to work on shit like fixing FF14
Gets forced to draw donut steel characters everyday
Isnt allowed to work on his TWEWY sequel
Has his dream Final Fantasy project yanked away from him and given to a hack
Has to work on both KH3 and FF7 ReMake at the same time

Being Nomura is suffering. He should go the Sakaguchi route.

>was that platforming secret dungeon
I beat XV and I never bothered with that dungeon

or the menace shit. Are they worth it?

no one is blaming him. Its all Tataba's fault

Reminder that Nomura never even had the chance to develop Versus XIII as he intended to.
Reminder that Versus was NOT in development for 10 years and that for the first few years the dev team consisted of Nomura, some CG artists and some guys fucking around on a computer.
Reminder that this continued until 2011/2012 as SE could not spare any manpower as they were trying to put out the raging dumpster fire created by XIII and XIV.
Reminder that when Nomura could finally be given a proper team, SE forced him to make it a mainline title because they had nothing left.
Reminder that Tabata weaseled his way to director by taking advantage of Nomura's kindness in letting him on the team.
Reminder that SE then demanded that the story themes be changed to meet ratings board criteria (this was outright confirmed by Tabata himself) and Tabata, being the visionless yes man he is, went along with all of it, and took it as a chance to prove himself as a director while throwing Nomura under the bus.
Reminder that Tabata gets super passive aggressive whenever the topic of Versus comes up because he knows he made a piece of shit and that people were only interested in XV because they fell in love with Versus and believe that XV retains the same themes and gameplay.
Reminder that Nomura refuses to talk about Versus or XV.
Reminder that Nomura didn't even show up to the big release date event.

Nomura's baby was stolen from him and butchered before his eyes before it ever got the chance to live. It was never in "development hell". That's a myth perpetuated by clueless XVfags who only hopped on after the renaming. Tabata is a fucking snake who will be relegated to mobile games now that his piece of shit bombed.

>wait mode

is that not the dodge button in DMC or bayo?