/simg/ simulation games general

staring death in the face edition

Previous thread:
>DCS: Do not buy M-2000C and NTTR and newer modules from steam, because you can't use them in stand-alone.

>Falcon BMS Alternative Launcher:
drive.google.com/file/d/0B9l8t2itS4vkOHAxa0tKdzI2aEk/view
>Falcon BMS Alternative Launcher is a replacement for stock BMS launcher including key/axis mapping feature. It can configure and save BMS SETUP per Joysticks. When you launch BMS through this app, it auto generates proper setup files and overwrites them for current device order before BMS find them changed and initialize your setup.
>TL;DR: Your pain setting up controls is over

>TeamSpeak
ts.artificialanimation.com:7997

>Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/SimulationGamesGeneral

>Falcon 4 and BMS 4.33U3 setup
mega.nz/#F!r11BxCRC!nC2Rttjjx8WLqvPF-6SYKw

>Repository of various aviation related material
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B3EQDvufMNdeTUh4SE9WV0txa0E

>Planes pastebin
pastebin.com/Zb0U61in

>Tanks pastebin
pastebin.com/EbdtnyPX

>Boat/Submarine pastebin
pastebin.com/JqTQWFFE

>Link to this OP text
pastebin.com/Tsc71yaf

>Example of welcome games
>Flight Sims
Falcon BMS, DCS: World, Rise of Flight, IL-2, Combat Helo, Microsoft Flight Simulator, X-Plane, Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum, Strike Fighters X
>Driving Games
Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, Live for Speed, Euro Truck Sim, Train Simulator, Farming Simulator 201X, DiRT Rally, OMSI 2
>Ground Sims
SAM Simulator, Steel Beasts Pro, Steel Armor: Blaze of War, Graviteam Tactics, Squad
>Submarine Sims
Silent Hunter, Ship Simulator, Cold Waters, Dangerous Waters
>Misc Sims
Command: X, Swat 4

>Example of non-welcome games
Ácé Cómbát, Wár Thúndér, Wórld óf _____, Ármá 1-3, Thé Síms, Sím Cíty, Góát Símúlátór

>Extra attention grabbing search terms
/fsg/ /dcsg/ /fsxg/ /bmsg/ /shg/ /rofg/ /etsg/ /il2g/ /lfsg/ /tsg/ /cwg/

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/cMrbA
il2sturmovik.com/news/350/dev-blog-175/
youtube.com/watch?v=5TdFAFvB_rc
youtube.com/watch?v=BfVkZpFirfE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

can anyone comment on the changed gazelle flight model?

is the mirage any fun as multi-role?

discord.gg/cMrbA
discord.gg/cMrbA
discord.gg/cMrbA

you mean like both at once?

The Su-33 and Su-27 have the same radar right?

is there anything wrong with being a fagot?

>People think their 60 dollar hornets and tomcats will be the end-all of air combat.
that's cute, how card are natoboos going to cry when superior chinese 4+++ gen technology reams the asshole of their 30 year old planes?

it's not going to be better than the hornet

yo is FS economy down or some shit?

>Autumn Sale
So what are you picking up today my little dirty modulesluts?

IL2 NEWS!
il2sturmovik.com/news/350/dev-blog-175/
New long distance rendering coming, this is a massive improvement and will make high alt flying not terrible.
Also RIP /SIMG

Is 2.5 worth getting Nevada for?

Su-33. It's pretty fun so far

Yeah, avionics, radar, engines are same
What's changed in su-33 is canards, foldable wings, hardened gear for carrier operation,
and iirc (internal fuel tank is smaller by 100kg(?))
Feel free to fix me anyone
Pick up FC3, you will have mig-29, su-27, su-33 that way. Su-25 too
And if you're nato guy, f-15 too.
desu I shit on sand but when all maps will be on one game version for 2.5, I think I will get nevada. I heard it's fun with helis.
I think Mig-21bis, still thinking
You?

>I think Mig-21bis, still thinking
>You?
Trying to decide between Mig-15 and Saber.

Just do one you love more
I don't have any of them tho

I wonder if the Harrier and 2.5 will drop around the same time frame?

Me, personally, I'm thinking the Mig-15. Saber looks nice, and Gau-8 feels deadly, but just can't compare to dat cannon.

On another note, I'm also deciding between the Gazelle and the Mi-8. Maybe you have an opinion on that?

>Gazelle is not on sale
Well fuck that shit.

I don't have either, so take it with grain of salt
I heard gazelle FM is shit, and seen and heard that Mi-8 is nice+Belsimtek is very good third party in my opinion.
Besides that, they're very different helicopters, it depends what do you want, But I would go with mi-8 myself.

>desu I shit on sand but when all maps will be on one game version for 2.5, I think I will get nevada. I heard it's fun with helis.
But for right now don't bother? I just want to play 2.1 with my friends.

>But for right now don't bother?
>I just want to play 2.1 with my friends.
If you have a will to have 2 DCS versions, get it then desu

picked up the Mi-8 for the cargo hauling

That's what I'm thinking. Mi-8 + Mig-15 slavaboo special.

youtube.com/watch?v=5TdFAFvB_rc

I'll never understand why people were more hyped for the viggen then they are for the harrier

Idk much about viggen, curious why people love it more than most of stuff in dcs
Is it somekind special or?

Probably alot of it had to do with leatherneck doing a really good job of promoting it. Just look at how good the final trailer is.
youtube.com/watch?v=BfVkZpFirfE

Last one

Holy shit trailer looks so good

Press E to start
Not a SIM

fuck you nigger
no one likes faggots, furries or having nicknames and colored "larping roles"

>game released eons ago
>still dont have this
>it was more important to nerf german planes first

I'm discordfag, but shilling discord is fucking terrible
There is no furries there anywaya

not when we're dead as this please

Let's bring arma 3 then

bretty good, but my only experience with hornets are the Blue Angels because their practice base is near me.

normandy + ww2 assets
yay or nay ?

is there anyone playing it ?

dont bother mentioning il2, i'd rather play sims

It's dead now and only going to get worse when 2.5 is out, I really can't imagine DCS WWII having a bright future.

but why ?

mig 21 or mirage both cheap rn
are they a pain in the ass to learn ?

maybe i should just wait for the f18

DCS is pretty much the only sim for modern militarily aircraft so people who play it are more interested in that. It's also much more expensive than IL-2 or war thunder

Mig-21 is pretty straight forward. Mirage takes some time what with the INS and all.

If you just want the Mirage so you can fly around and blow shit out of the sky, then you don't need to learn how the INS works at all. You can just buy it, learn how the PCA weapons selection works, and then go enjoy the best missiles in the game. Think of the Mirage as the French version of the F-16 (because it is).

Mig-21 is different in that the weapons system takes seconds to learn. There is a dial and two switches. One switch sets air or ground mode, the other switch sets IR or SARH. The dial selects what weapon station you want to fire.

If you're planning to jump to the F-18 I highly recommend getting the Mirage and learning all of its systems perfectly. Become at a master at its navigation system and be able to put in a waypoint before you even leave the runway. The reason being is that while the F-18 is a highly advanced aircraft, it still shares a lot of similarities with other 4th gen aircraft. One of which being an INS system, and INS systems all work about the same way with having to input coordinates and re-align them. Think of it as buying a trainer for the much more expensive aircraft you'll be flying later.

Also Mirage is a beast in Air to Air if you learn how its radar works. It can absolutely go head-to-head with an F-15 and win every time if you're good. I'm certain its radar is going to work similar to the F-18, with the exception of the F-18 being able to track multiple targets.

welp i gave ed my money again

got a baguette

be sure to flick water on it before consuming so it's not so hard.

I would actually suggest F-16 in BMS as a go to for F-18. It's a lot cheaper (or free) as well as probably having similar stick and avionics setup.

>he doesn't eat Baguettes fresh straight from the oven every morning at 4.
Americunts aimirite guiz?

That's a good one. If you're comfortable with leaving DCS, then you can't go wrong with learning the F-16 itself instead of the French lookalike.
only costs nothing on GoG.

>Kh-66 Grom Research in DCS
Missile will always explode after 90 seconds. At low altitude of around 1500m it clocks over 1800 kmh average, giving the missile a range around 45km.

Not really sure what to do with this info, means you can fire the grom early if you know where the ships are once within 40km and lock on later for better fix.

Here's the problem, in theory. Because DCS sighting puts everything as a tiny dot, it really only has actual effectiveness of 5-10 KM. You still have to lock the beam onto the ship.

Furthermore, Mig-21 has zero look-down shoot-down capability. If you could fire the missile and then fly nice and level, it would be fine. Unfortunately you still have to keep that ship in the Radar's range by initiating a shallow dive. If you're suggesting firing the missile and then locking on, that's a possibility but it still requires getting within visual range to lock the target. The Missile will far outrun your radar beam's effectiveness at the rate you're suggesting.

Now, you could fly upside down, but that doesn't work in the actual Mig-21 thanks to noise generated by radar reflection from the water. Even in DCS flying upside down creates a ton of noise, and can confuse your radar altimeter which it uses to keep a steady lock.

anyone got a working falcon 4.0 link?

I couldn't decide between the two
So I picked both.

Right, but the time spent in the 5-10km is much shorter because the missile has already approached to a much closer range. Instead of say firing once you see the ship and supporting the whole way putting you more or less in CIWS.

Look down shoot down is irrelevant to the Grom and Beam mode. Also have no idea why you brought in the Rad Alt. I thought that it's own thing.

But do they have fucking GRAPHICS SETTINGS?

of fair graphics balans unlike DCS ))))

What the fuck DCS has to do with anything, retard? That was a serios quiestion, because not being able to tweak settings in a fucking flight sims is a big problem for me.

you can change it

low
medium
high

there's even

ultra

quit complainin nazi

great soviet product

Why would I need them when everything's bretty fine by default?