/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

Children's Card Game Edition
Previous jej:
The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.
Whether or not a game belongs in /egg/ is a case by case matter, however games that would belong in /svgg/, space voxel games general, are automatically considered /egg/

WebM for physicians:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of a Dead Earth
>Crossout
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>GearBlocks
>Garry's mod
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>Intersteller Rift
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Space Engineers
>SpaceChem
>StarMaden b
>Stormworks
>Skywanderers

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named.The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>underageb& who won't use the search function and also won't read where are they posting

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames
fromthedepthsgame.com

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Warbros Serb rides in CLANGhalla eternal, shiny and chrome

Other urls found in this thread:

ship.shapewright.com/?name=Rocinante
etherpad.net/p/modmemes
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Tards comlaining about OP's pic in 3, 2, 1...

First for rectabular excrusions

I wonder if my therapist will deem me to be a massive autist

Pneumatics when?

nice
ship.shapewright.com/?name=Rocinante
not bad

superlow quality so I could fit into 3mb
also all spengies set to low and it still lags like shit 30-40 mods are magic like that

also: adding 6 wheels didn't break the shit, making them the same height did, despite 4 gyros i hadn't had enough power to adjust angle for liftoff
next iteration will have good'ol' aviary big wheels front, little wheel back

Crossboarder there, what happened to merit this?
>The general that quite literally cannot be named.The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.

Is KSP that bad? haven't played it much.

And how steep is From The Depths learning curve?
And Children of a Dead Earth?

Wait a minute, that card

Faggot

you can (still) use frictionless wheels as landing gears, and even conceal them as such.
Using friction, can also be used as brakes

fully functional, normally oriented wheels
with 3% friction 30% power, 50% damp, 40%str
i can drive it, i can drift it, i can park it, i can land it
juust made them all the same height and gyros had no power to lift this shit

Reminder that Freejam did a robocraft stream recently where they answered player questions, and the big one everyone wanted an answer to was about wings getting their old control style back so they can fly like actual planes again.

>one dev rolls his eyes, other guys begins laughing, third dev holds his arms up in the air and leans back and forth like an airplane
>"NO! We will not be adding the old plane controls back! Its too hard and takes up too many resources! It would be too hard to balance! The old controls made it too hard for new players! In fact I see more planes now than before! I like the change myself!"
>cue chat outrage
>Sergii, dev in charge of game balance, starts talking
>"if it were up to me Id get rid of keyboard controls completely, so all players have to use camera controls. Keyboard controls are a bad new player experience!"

Skip to 48:25 to see it
twitch tv/videos/181663626

JUST FUCK MY GAME UP

I need some expert /egg/man assistance, here, regarding the game "Silicon Zeroes", in particular the second puzzle of the extended endgame: "collisions". My solution is a constant-adder-latch based counter driving a read unit, output of which is passed via latch to an instruction decoder. The decoder's address and value outputs are latched and then compared to the ones before; if the older one's address is same as the new one's, an input selector nils the write address out for the prissy-ass write port.

This design works. I've got similar kill logic for the first and second cycles, when the latches are outputting nils or otherwise unusable stuff.

However, it doesn't pass the millitick time limit. The pipeline is likely too long, but this setup can't be effectively implemented with fewer than two sets of latches. It's infuriating because on the very next mTick, writes would commit and I'd win. Shit, man, I even did a two-wide superscalar version of it, complete with primary and secondary write ports and kill logic out the asshole, and it works, but it was _two_ cycles behind limit so into the trash it went.

Spoil me on this one, if you can. Also, fucking game doesn't have a way to save earlier designs, unlike Shenzen I/O.

Should I preserve this nest and make it a little ayy zoo, or should I just destroy it and be done with it? It's safely walled and turreted off

how long until they receive a spontaneous beating

Destroy it, especially if you don't have lasers yet and will forget about it until it runs out of ammo and destroys your turrets.

It's not very conveniently shaped for any sort of useful building unless you use a lot of landfills, turn it into a zoo.

He could fit a pair of solars there

>solars
I hope this happens to you

post*
i can POST ships

>Also, fucking game doesn't have a way to save earlier designs
on the bottom left

gib game and i will help in 4 days

Friendly reminder

We should have some OC /egg/ propaganda posters like this

why does the middle guy sound drunk all the time?

to /egg/ is to suffer

reminder to factorio piratefags: submit mod requests and i'll upload them for you to the google drive.
etherpad.net/p/modmemes

... I broke down and eggineered myself a 3-way superscalar MSET machine. Yeah, three per clock over 3 stages, 6-insn total window. So my output enable/disable logic is like 6 equal&inputselector blocks per write channel, chained up, and 5 and 4 on lanes B and C. In theory it swallows up instructions at three per 21 mTicks (so a 42 mTick fill penalty). I'm very proud of it.

However, I was just about to write up the last bits when the game started no longer fitting in 256 meg of VRAM. What the fuck is this? Factorio fits in 256 meg. EE quality software, in _my_ /egg/hole?

why are you still bothering to even follow this game

most of us gave up literally years ago now

I dont play anymore. Havent in a long time. I just follow it because its like watching a slowmotion train derailment.

>autism burnt out for a while
>flares up every now and then only to wane and die shortly after trying to put autism into action
>autism is itching again
>know it won't go anywhere so don't do anything
fuck

fucking electricity, how does it work

it powers the red led that hides behind the button

Ah, I thought so. Nothing to worry about then.

is that actually a shovelfull of dirt

How else are you supposed to ground it?

>okay, now hear me out. I know LED lights are cheap, but what if eliminate the need for LED lights and just make it glow red hot instead? If its glowing, its on, if its not glowing, its off.

>latency issues
>must replace every few days due to bolt turning black
>not to mention electric costs

don't be stupid, that's clearly a bucket

So... would this work?

Cody would have a field day with what I'm working on. A piece of equipment from a gold mine with a couple tons of "gold" ore" that needs to be cleaned out and thrown away. It looks very similar to cement powder.

why is only one bolt strawberry flavor

>magnet pulling on another magnet

Is that not creating energy from nothing?

Do we have enough mods to introduce enough systems in to spengies to make it almost a game yet?

The trick is that the magnet's power fades after a few thousand years, so it's only "free" energy until then.
A magnet power generator the size of a building could satisfy 10% of the world's energy needs, and would cost less than a nuclear power plant.

>strawberry
I thought it was cherry

>strawcherry

Cherry is my favorite!

No, it's Jolt

>under rated artificial gravity

The mechanical effect of magnetized material is 100% potential energy. Depositing that energy is inefficient as all hell, and extracting it at useful distances would imply conversion of an incredible amount of torque into motion, which is also completely impossible.

So yeah, it's basically a perpetual motion machine, but utterly infeasible.

>practical reasons to use it in spengies
>0

is the game "Brick Rig" any good?

Could a massive spinning turbine spun by water or steam be supplemented by magnets to keep it spinning while using less fuel/steam/water? Especially a very heavy turbine letting the mass keep it spinning longer and easier once its up to speed

>hafu cut her hair shorter

dropped

Never forget

It has been a tragic year.

No. It'd only ever extract up to as much energy as was put in, and with mechanical inefficiency (friction, air resistance, etc) both sides will experience double-digit percentage losses. This can't even be used to make a better flywheel, which are used as a mechanical KERS system of sorts in multiple applications.

For very large energy storage, gravity is much better a fundamental force to utilize than electromagnetism. For example, pumping of water up to a height during EV glut, as determined by spot price and network demand.

how the fuck did that story give me feels for a gad damned light bulb, and fuck you for bringing it up.

>1 AU = 149597871000 meters
>1 football field is 109m

Get the fuck out of here and go back to facebook.

Newfag

Wrong, one football field is one sun away from us approximately exact.

Can you prove to me that it ISNT 7 football fields away?

But what about when you have Blame megastructure football fields?

Well if it was some other size, it would potentially work

Googling it revealed it would be 7 football fields if earth was shrunk to the size of a pingpong ball. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well, the surface of the sun is about 4700K, with the corona being even hotter. Go outside. If it's currently less than 4700K, you are at least 14 million KM away from the sun.

how do you know those aren't 21371124428.6 meter football fields?

>the surface of the sun is about 4700K, with the corona being even hotter.

Can you back any of that up? For all I know the sun is just a hot lightbulb in the sky.

I just made a spiral of bad decisions and ended up getting ayy'd to death and lost my base in Factorio by underestimating pollution in NauvisDay, so now I'm gonna savescum

Roast me

Are you a cute girl like the rest of us?

You identified your mistakes and will fix them in the future, and as the game has given the opportunity to you, and you don't want to lose all your work, you can load the save with newfound knowledge.
There's nothing to roast you about, you grew as a player in a game in your own way.

We can go into the lab and heat black bodies up to a specific temperature and find very similar results to how the sun looks. In addition, if the sun was only 700 meters into the sky, it could only be seen from 94.5 Kilometers away from wherever was noon was at the time, meaning a day would only last 410 second, or about 6 and a half minuets, for a strip of Earth only 190 KM wide strip each day.

poor bojack

>lets heat blacks to sun temperature.

Get the fuck out of here you racist

I'm always in a spiral of bad decisions

even scientists don't know what it is that makes flamethrower turrets so good

Oh god the shotgun turret from the additional turrets is so goddamn good. Makes for great bloody shredding corridors.

Wait, did the bulb actually burn out?

>The soon to be new GUI
Oh god kill it with fire

>We also want to add a neat tool for advanced players. Control-clicking on any point on the locomotive's map (or any station) will add a 'Temporary stop' to it's schedule. The train will try to go as close as it can to that point, wait a few seconds and finally automatically remove the 'Temporary stop' from it's schedule. This is very useful for quick transportation. It also allows you to quickly 'hijack' an existing train and use it to get somewhere, since the 'Temporary stop' will be deleted and the train's normal schedule will be resumed.
Why isn't this already a feature?

Yes, it burned out 15759 years from now.

That UI looks like shit, and not only because it's different

>On the evening of May 20, 2013, the general public witnessed, through a dedicated webcam, that the bulb had apparently burned out. The next morning, an electrician was called in to confirm its status. It was determined that the bulb had not burned out when the uninterruptible power supply was bypassed, using an extension cord. The dedicated power supply was found to have been faulty. Approximately seven hours had transpired before the light was reestablished.
Lamo, backup batteries fail more often than this fuckin light does.

NEEDS
MOAR
BLUR AND SHADOWS

Why the fuck do people think shit needs to be shiny and beveled?
All UIs should aspire to look like Veeky Forums
Simple, easy to use, good looking.

eh I think it looks okay, not good, not great, just okay.

I would rather it be more industrial looking instead

Is anyone else going to be surprised if there isn't a gui rollback mod the first day 0.16 comes out?

It looks great you fag.