/dsg/ - Demons/Dark Souls General

>Participated in the next best thing to a mercy killing due to sheer incompetence
>READ ME BEFORE POSTING, IF YOU'RE NEW
pastebin.com/Txe190aw

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/
soulsplanner.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub
>Full Soundtrack
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B66vvDQ_rAMyS29wdTR6ajZsczQ
>Useful PvP data
docs.google.com/document/d/1eKXbdEr6jnTG5DcMQX2qcMlsmYQ8hO6Sl3-sySYpHR4/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general: >KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>COMMUNITY
Discord: discord.gg/C3AX2Hk
Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/248294
imgur.com/a/olgvn
youtube.com/channel/UC_2QMW5FEU8eiAK0eRwLRYw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

tongue but hole

Let's make up further phases for Sister Friede, because she clearly doesn't have enough

>Blackwing Ariandel: after the death of Blackflame Friede, Father Ariandel rises up, free of his chair, grows wings like a Corvian and gains flying attacks

>straight swords
>pussy hosts
>dumb blues
How can one webm personify Shart Souls 3 so well?

That pic isn't quite fair, Chosen Undead had Anastacia.

>A Flame Unappeased: the Flame starts consuming the entire area and you need to find a spot snow is falling down on (think Crystal Cave), it's in a random place and there are two separate tables for possible location depending on who you killed in phase 2

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/248294
How does this look for a very barebones Quakestone invasion build? I want to fuck around with the WA and attempt to fuck up as much shit up as possible with the WA with all the chaos of invasions going on.

post characters

3,000 hours in MS paint, critique how fucking retarded this is.

>no armor to show your poise
>no 4th ring slot

anyway on stats alone it's fine though I might recommend lowering Vigor to 39 and gouging Vitality some more. Knight might also be a better start if you want to get a support miracle like Force or Tears on that would be helpful for surviving trades.

>invasion at SL120
>66 Str on an un-infusable weapon
>"barebones"
I do not think you understand what that word means.

Vilhelm, who thought he was not dead enough, walks into the room, sees his waifu dead and flies into autistic rage

You're implying that Scholar made DS2 any less shit when it made it WORSE in many places.

66 STR on Quakestone is fine because it has A-STR scaling and only that, that's like complaining about 66 on Ledo's.

LEL

4th phase is the painter and you cannot kill her because showing that would get the game banned

That's not the issue. The issue is that I want to solo the bosses.

this isn't a moba/rts general

>uhhh actually, it made it WORSE
>doesn't explain where or how

Go away, Lucifer, you're not wanted here anymore.

If it can't be infused Heavy, there's no point in going past 40 Str. This applies to Ledos as much as it does Quakestone.

I havent'decided on Veeky Forums yet and the 4th ring slot is just a reserve for silver cat ring, untrue dark ring or something else. I've no intention of spending extra points into faith and attunement just for Tears.
Then what do you suggest, smart boy? Quakestone only has scaling in STR, and pretty good at that too.

You kill a newborn baby in Bloodborne

>If it can't be infused Heavy, there's no point in going past 40 Str. This applies to Ledos as much as it does Quakestone.
Are you stupid?

>Quakestone AR on 40 STR 2H: 570
>AR at 66 STR 2H: 619
>Ledo's AR on 40 STR 2H: 623
>66: 681

That's a gap of over 40 AR on both.

Yes, but you don't see it.
On the other hand, the Yharnam Stone clearly has the imprint of a fetus.

In other news today a bear took a dump in the woods and everyone here gave as much of a shit as they do about your autistic complaints
>but I don't want to deviate from the way my autistic way of playing the game for the sake of optional side content REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Ariamis himself shows up. You have to kite him to burning areas, because he can only take damage there. He resurrects Friede when at 70% HP and Ariandel when at 40% HP.

not that one, arianna's baby

fellow torchbro here

>Yes, but you don't see it
Um, yes you do, it's Arianna's baby.

Well, yes, there's that one. But come on, it's not even human.

If your goal truly is "barebones" then you're not trying hard enough. You're splurging needlessly in Vigor and Strength, and hitting SL120 to boot. You don't go SL120 if you want to invade.

Also Orphan of Kosm

I'm referring to Mergo

It's a hybrid

And here's one that's even moreso, with enough poise to trade with other ultras.

Doing extra boss phases was a mistake. It was cool when O&S and Artorias did it. But then they said "AYY LMAO LETS HAVE TWO PHASES IN EVERY FIGHT" starting I guess with BB and DaS3.

It used to be something special when a boss ended up changing or getting tougher in the 2nd half. Now it's just eye-rolling and something to be expected. So they try to up the ante by having lmao3phases with bosses like Friede and Gael

Thank you for the effort but I have no intention of invading at such a low level, by barebones I meant the phase in which my build plan was, with a 4th ring slot missing and no armor at all, and still room for improvement.

It would help if printscreen would actually work right and save my screenshot to clipboard properly.

>tfw no more Fashion Souls website

It's the best part of bosses. You can go back to you're shitty gimmick ones in demon and the shitty fights in 1.

>starting I guess with BB
Smelter
Pursuer if you let him land a grab
Alonne if you let him land a grab
Watcher/defneder
LKG
Skelly lords
Old Iron King
Vedstad
Darklurker
Adlia
Blue smelter
Burt Ivory King
2kat

2 was the game that really went to town on the whole multiple phase concept

executioner's chariot is a garbage boss fight TO BE HONEST FAMILY

Artorias didn't have a second phase though, if you mean his charge-up buff you could interrupt that by staggering him or headshotting him with an arrow.

And DaS2 was the where multiple phases really caught on, not the subsequent games. Last Giant ripped his own arm off to use as a club, Dragonrider gradually got faster and added more attacks to its chain, Executioner's Chariot ditched the chariot for a solo fight against the horse Smelter started emitting a burning aura and then set his sword on fire, Velstadt cast Sacred Oath, Watcher and Defender buffed their swords, Raime went one-handed with FUGS, etc. etc.

You also forgot Chariot and Fume.

Is it possible to bypass the k***ht censorship on PC without having to use CE?

Purportedly it was supposed to be a recurring mini-boss in the event that you sinned, thus why "horse" was part of the message lexicon. Even then, it was wasted potential.

>the executioner doesn't shoot at you with his crossbow and whip at you as he passes
>shutting the gate on the chariot doesn't progress to a phase 2 in an open arena where the executioner salvages the lance from the wheel and jousts at you while mounted on the horse
>cheesing the horse with arrows doesn't cause the executioner to jump off prior to plummeting, and then engage you on foot with shielded crossbow shots and whip attack combos

Use capital letters.

>It's the best part of bosses

lolno. the first phase of each fight tends to be piss-easy and only serves to draw out the length of the fight. Did we really gain anything from the first phases of Oceiros, Champion Gundyr, and Vordt, for example? They should've just exapanded on the 2nd half of the fight and made that the boss fight in and of itself, in most circumstances.

The first phase is a warm-up, and Champ's first phase is meant to lull you into a false sense of security since it's the same moveset as the tutorial version, then amplify the effect when he goes full rage mode.

it doesn't lure you into a false sense of security when literally every single boss goes super saiyan at the halfway mark

i miss DS2 fogwalls

True

If I die to Lautrec in the Firelink Shrine will I be able to fight him again or am I fucked?

>Doing extra boss phases was a mistake

yeah i'd rather the boss just used the same moves for the entirety of it's HP bar instead

fuck bosses being a little dynamic because it's not EPIC and SURPRISING

I'm thinking of playing DS2 again.
S-should I?

Yes.

Just kick him off the shrine. He stands on the edge of falling off, after you're done, just quit the game and his loot will be at the location on which he was standing. It's fool proof.

>not replaying the game with the best replayability out of all five games

fuck no

Or they can just be dynamic and have an assortment of moves throughout the fight instead of 4 moves in one phase and 4 moves in another or something.

And again, you can say it adds variety, but when it comes right down to it, you effectively have a "true boss" during the 2nd half of the healthbar, and then the first half is just a time waster.

Again I ask, is a boss like Oceiros really made better with that first half?

>replaying the game with the worst gameplay out of all five games

why are you asking dsg, just play it if you want to

If you're thinking about it, go ahead.

I'll try this, I just want to know if there's a penalty to dying to him (other than losing souls of course)

What's a good place to invade at sl40 +4?

Yeah, he should just go back and play Straight Swords 3: Roller of the First Sip like a good boy should.

>he doesn't get entertainment out of watching Oceiros smash a baby into the ground

>opinions

STOP
PLAYING
STR

He should be like all other NPC's where they stay in place and aggro on sight whenever you're near. I wouldn't know why it'd be any different with Lautrec.

>invade
>host has 2 password phantoms
>both have both gold medals fro arena
>straight sword shield turtles

Carthus and Smouldering Lake, with "maybe" some activity at Cathedral. If you want to invade Irithyll, go SL45-50 +6.

>Or they can just be dynamic and have an assortment of moves throughout the fight instead of 4 moves in one phase and 4 moves in another or something.

what you're describing is a larger static pool, not dynamic. most bosses just add a couple stronger attacks in their second phase unlike oceiros which flips completely.

>Again I ask, is a boss like Oceiros really made better with that first half?

oceiros is a shit boss in every way. personally i find the first half more interesting than REEEE OCELOTTE even if it's easier.

So I'm thinking of making a new character that uses a shield but I'm worried that shields aren't viable.

Which enemies are shields useless against? Which enemies will heavily punish me for using a shield.

Give me your top 5 enemies that will provide the most trouble for a shield user.

shields are good in ds1 and ds3, and are good for pve in ds2

I already have 340+ hours on my pyro, it's time for something new.

which game are you referring to faglord

>ds1 very good
>ds2 shit
>ds3 very good but rolling is EXTREMELY good

Could anyone give me the source of this image? Been looking for a while but cant find nothing

Photograph of Yuria.

Literally any enemy that uses an ultra weapon. Then there's also the enemies that have grab attacks or sperg all over the place like the facerape Ghrus.

>shields being shit in DaS2, which gives you numerous options for buffing shields, multiple 100% elemental resist shields and absurdly good greatshields
>versus literally only two viable medium shields in DaS3 and greatshields being ass

Some guy's modded version of "Yuria," she looks nothing like that under her mask.

Any chance for farron keep?
I'm sl35 but accidentally upgraded my shield to +4
What areas do I get thr most activity in? Still Carthus?

I'm aware, but im looking for the mod/sliders.

You'll get "some" activity in Farron Keep, but only from over-leveled shitters. SL30+3 sees more activity within the poison swamp and past Crystal Sage, SL25+2 for the Watchdogs territory.

He only added hair

I know Oceiros is a shit boss. But I use it as an example because it's an egregious one, with a first half that is so braindead simple to beat, you might as well just be smacking a dead corpse. What I say can apply to many bosses in the game.

The point I'm making is that I don't hate multi-phase fight. I agree that they can add variety. My problem is that this gimmick is ABUSED AND OVERUSED. It's cool when a handful of bosses have that "oh shit he went super saiyan" factor. It loses its luster when literally every fucking boss does it.

Someone else mentioned how the Champ Gundyr fight is brilliant because it lulls you into a false sense of security. And I'd agree to that if it were in a vacuum and not in a game where every boss powers up. The first phase therefore just ends up being a waste of time.

If I were to redesign DaS3, I'd take away multi-stage stuff from every boss except for
>Iudex Gundyr
>Curse-rotted greatwood
>Abyss Watchers
>Sullivan
>Champ Gundyr
>Twin Princes
>Nameless King + King of Storms
>Yhorm* this one is fine because the first phase ends anyway after a single hit from the stormruler, so it really just servers as a way to say "okay, you figured out the gimmick, time for the real fight"

I'd say that's a pretty good list of bosses remaining with multi-stage fights. I just don't think it should be on EVERY fight, to the point where you go in always expecting it.

Actual faces here
imgur.com/a/olgvn
>Anri/Yuria
>Both male and female Anri use this face, only hollowed.
>Skin Color 145/130/120
>Hair Color 0/0/0
>Pupils 3
>Eye Color 70/70/70
>Brow Color 0/0/0
A lot of good faces with sliders on this channel
youtube.com/channel/UC_2QMW5FEU8eiAK0eRwLRYw

Shit, well I guess Carthus is a relatively fun area too, but I'll have to make a new char for Watchdogs territory.

Sorry for blogging.

>Be a babby invader
>Get summoned as a doggo right after changing my fashen to Glorious®
>Spawn right next to host and a yellow, they both seem to be regular dudes, no twinking stuff
>They are both poisoned
>In Crucifixion Woods
>Somehow they both managed to get poisoned by purple buttons who are barely sentient
>Reposition myself to block their only exit from the Black K***ht area, get a kill on the yellow
>Remember I'm about to get Estus refill, so chug to top myself off
>Fight 1 on 1 with the host who's not running away to re-summon (!) and doesn't Alt+F4 (!)
>Finish him off with a parry and riposte
>10th Swordgrass

God damn this feels satisfying, even if they were at a disadvantage, kind of.

Ok list 5 enemies from DaS3 that I need to worry about the most.

>I'm sl35 but accidentally upgraded my shield to +4

Who the hell doesn't have a +3 by the time they're in farron keep? I'd say you're perfectly fine.

Fear not, the bell, my friend.

And let the feast begin

the same enemies that are annoying cunts with a shield are annoying cunts without a shield

just make sure you don't fatroll and you won't have any trouble 99% of the time

And changed the eye color, and the eyebrows, and the lipstick color.

You sure about that? Yurias default face doesnt look like the image i posted at all. Might be the lighting though.

Thanks for the link, not too big a fan of the faces the channel you linked makes tho. Or meaby thats just how they look in the thumbnail

I SHALL PARTAKE

you look dumb, lmao

>kekxtra
Stop posting that. Your screenshot even has directly contradictory information within itself.

The greatshield lizard man are a lot more annoying at low sl than every other variety of that enemy type.

>tfw no daughter of chaos gf

No particular order, regular enemies only:

Lothric K***hts (other than the spear ones)
UGS Cathedral K***hts
Pointiff K***hts (especially the ones without shields)
Ghru Facerape Doggos (and Elders I guess)
Gargoyles?

And pay attention to enemies who can bleed, poison or freeze you.

Beautiful.

Damn, if its just that remaking it seems easy, i tried remaking it from scrach, but only ended up with some really retarded looking knock-off shit. Thanks boyo