/hbg/ - Homebrew and Hacking

Pirates are all fucking queermos that would steal a baby's dick if they had a chance edition/Guts edition
Previous: -SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.6 via system transfer, hardmod or magnethax)
Switch: 3.0.0
Wii U: 5.5.2
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (userland)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9 (embed)
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC (embed)
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/6DjeR08L (embed)

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
[Sep 20] Notehax, a userland exploit, released. mrnbayoh.github.io/notehax/

>Switch
[Oct 2] Pegaswitch released, OFW 3.0 required reswitched.tech/octrelease

>Vita
[Oct 2] VitaShell 1.75 released. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/VitaShell/
[Sep 22] NoNPDRM 1.1 github.com/TheOfficialFloW/NoNpDrm
-More info pastebin.com/ELptKruf

>PS4
Piracy has begun, guise
wololo.net/2017/10/06/piracy-publicly-begun-ps4-1-76-no-hack-sight-recent-firmwares/

Multiple platforms
NES, SNES, DS and N64 VC injecting tool released for Wii U

gbatemp.net/threads/release-snes-nes-injection-tool.486630/

gbatemp.net/threads/release-nds-vc-injector.486124/

gbatemp.net/threads/release-n64-vc-injector.486445

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/retrogamefan-updates-releases.267243/
mega.nz/#!JHBwBTBA!dVoIZzpB9R_8vns_rQTCIJ7j5elUpV-fGo2pamhca28
gbatemp.net/threads/problem-with-boot9strap-installation.471198/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No shitposts

3.61+ soon

>(embed)

>redditspacing

Blame the last faggot OP, he put other shit in that I got tired of cleaning
Go fuck yourself

Niggers tongue my >cakes

>only 1.76 below

lel it's like Vita only worse

It's a start, we've had a decent couple of years

Reposting in this thread

Since Chaos;Child is coming for the Vita in the US and Europe this month I would like to ask.

How long does it normally take for a .vpk to come out in the internet? Is there hope for these games specifically to be dumped?

My r4i gold rts came in, do I just download the newest wood kernel from r4ids.cn and then just slap the ds roms on it?

>3.61

lol

Does the Wii U significantly upscale DS games where it's worth playing on my Wii U instead of 3DS? I have haxchi

It came out in Japan 2 years ago so maybe someone can asset swap it. If .psv files can be decrypted, that is.

this is all you bring from the future? fuck off and kill yourself dumb bitch

barring the 3.61 requirement, vpk is a dead format

nonpdrm is the FUTURE until the next future

who cares

Can I get the Mario Odyssey cart and decline the 3.01 update? Or can you not decline cart updates on the Switch?

Anyone has tested the nonprdrm Atelier games? Does it still have the bugs?

No.

Shit. Guess that's it for me.

>Fixed bug where Memory Card was umounted after closing USB (fixed 'The file is corrupt' error)

Nice. I should update.

It doesn't have an auto-updater, does it?

This isn't the stone age, son.

As long as your connected to the internet when you launch it, it should alert you to the new update and download it for you.

Hey buddies.
Got a 128 gig.
On a 64 on my 3ds.
whats the TLDR to switch SD cards?

They could... But I doubt there's any interest for Chaos Child compared to SG0, so it'll take ages for someone to bother. At that point you might as well wait for the PC port over coming 'in a few weeks' with typesetted cgs and shit that the official release won't have.

????????

FAT32. Copy and Paste.

ctrl+c, ctrl+v

Sorry I meant like, my 3DS is modded the way the guide explains.
Is it really just a simple copy paste job?

If I said to you the answer is:

Yes, it is a simple copy paste job , would you understand?

Just format the same as your original sd

Is that clear enough?

You tell me what other steps would be required for moving some files from one SD to another.

SD loading for DS games still shit after all this time? I REALLY don't want to buy an R4.

>REALLY don't want to buy an R4.
Yes you do. Besides, DS games are relatively big anyway, 20-30 of em and that'll be a decent sized chunk out of your main SD

Then you REALLY don't want to play DS games I guess then.

so whats up with pegaswitch? is it something i should care about?

Is your Switch on firmware 3.0.0?

Right now? No.

where is the FE Warriors US leak

It's my USUM, and I need it NOW!

3.61+ in 5 hours

I need that shit right now, I'm tired of hearing moonspeak and I won't even be able to pick up my Switch copy at launch.

Reminder updating isn't worth it. Loosing all library built up from release to 3.60 isn't worth just a few 3.61+ games.

Reminder that 3.61+ will happen.

>Reminder that 3.61+ will happen.

No.

Fool of little faith.

Just buy a used PSTV if you really want new games.

only 7 more sleeps

I only just now seen the light and want to install homebrew on my n3ds.

I was retarded enough to let it fully update to 11.6, is it possible to hack it besides Ninja hax?

Speaking of Vita stuff, is there any reason to remove my old maidumped games and replace them with whatever the most recent thing outside of compatibility for some games?

You don't get the save bug with nonpdrm for one thing. And getting updates is easier with it I guess.
No one is forcing you, but it's probably recommeneded to replace all your old dumps.

Have a read of that thar OP.

It's OK to update games from the home screen with CFW, right?

'OP'
Sorry what does this mean??

It means lurk motherfucker.

Huh??

Is there a sub here just for hacking that I'm not seeing??

So, for games that don't have any updates, and on a PSTV that has the save bug already fixed, there's not much reason unless there's a nondprm dump with more dlc than the ones I have?

If you really want that DLC then I guess so.
If you've got any PS+ games or demos they magically become full, playable, no time limit games too.

I'm trying to update from a9lh to b9s on 3DS and I've reached this step:

Launch SafeB9SInstaller by pressing (A) on it

The problem is that whenever I boot up my system, it takes me straight to Luma3DS configuration screen for 7.0.5 and there's no option for SafeB9SInstaller. I'm holding start but it makes no difference.

Anyone know what's going on?

Just fyi, I repeated all the starter steps just in case I had missed something the first time.

Pretty sure there's a step in there somewhere about changing the name of the file to something to set up a different button when booting to execute it.

I found this old card (an R4 SDHC Dual Core - r4isdhc.com) and tried it on my 3DS. It's stuck on loading. Is there any saving it?

If you're referring to this:

Rename SafeB9SInstaller.bin in the /luma/payloads/ folder on your SD card to start_SafeB9SInstaller.bin

I did that for sure. There are no other renaming steps I see.

Luma is doing it's job if it boots, so I guess all you can do is see if r4isdhc.com has a firmware update.

Downloading the latest doesn't seem to do anything unfortunately.

Apparently my card is discontinued.

Wasn't there some kernel replacement for this shit or something?

They're still sold on their release price in Mexico (250 fucks). IF you're lucky to find one.

is the new 2ds hackable yet?

Since before it was released.

nice. same hardware or better than the new 3ds?

You hit the timebomb, it won't work unless you set your system clock back to years ago. But yeah, it has a kernel replacement.
Read this thread gbatemp.net/threads/retrogamefan-updates-releases.267243/

I'll do you one better though, since this shit is pretty weird to setup, I'll post my setup for the same card on MEGA so you can just drag and drop.
Here: mega.nz/#!JHBwBTBA!dVoIZzpB9R_8vns_rQTCIJ7j5elUpV-fGo2pamhca28
It'll autoboot to YSMenu, but you should know it doesn't play some newer DSi enhanced games like Pokemon BW, so for those games you'll have to set your system clock to something like 2012 or earlier, then boot "R4.nds" which will launch the original kernel.

This kernel is for the 2015 version of the card, so I'm not sure if it will work, but doesn't hurt to try. If it doesn't work just read the thread and find out how to install YSMenu from scratch.

Same hardware minus the 3D.

Thank you, user, for such a spoonfeeding post. Unfortunately, the Copy and Paste MEGA folder didn't work, it's still stuck on loading. I also, just in case, changed the year to 2010 and the problem persists.

I'll read into that thread, but regardless of the results, thank you.

>stuck on loading

Disable noscript , disable ublock, and what ever other blockers you have on.

Uhh, I'm not even sure what blockers on the 3DS you're talking about. Sorry for being an absolute retard, but can you elaborate a bit more?

Is it alright to have the 3ds you're attempting to hack with another 3ds be on the latest update?

Have you tried renaming it to other buttons?
Also
gbatemp.net/threads/problem-with-boot9strap-installation.471198/

I'm also getting the error code 022-2634 when trying to sign into the nintendo network thing to be able to transfer from my source 3ds. What should I do about this?

>As long as your connected to the internet

Yeah, I got my Vita on airplane mode since I'm afraid it would update on its own.

Same here

Then update it manually, download the new vpk and install it with Molecular Shell.

Yeah, gonna do that.

You can't run it from Vitashell itself, I assume?

Indeed you can't. Gotta install vitashell updates from MolecularShell.

Could I get some help with this?

Hoping it leaks soon

Does the Switch have a browser?

Hi, NotWorkingR4 user here. Managed to make it work with some really old firmware called r4isdhc-white 1.38. I'm not sure how to install YSMenu with this one.

It does, but you can't use it whenever you want like on the 3ds and wii u, it's only used for logging in to wifi networks and (I think) the eshop

Do injected Wii VC games load the Mii data from the Wii U's vWii mode, or from the Wii U's own Mii Maker? Was planning on playing Mario Kart Wii with it, but I also don't want to show up as a guest online.

What's wrong with Nintendo?

They tried their best to block as many potential exploit entrypoints as possible with the switch
As a result it released without a browser, media player and basically anything that reads user files
But they forgot about wifi gateways like the idiots they are and added it in an update

>But they forgot about wifi gateways like the idiots they are and added it in an update
Ebin. Is this exploitable with DNS tricks?

Yes, that's literally what pegaswitch does
It creates a local dns+http server and serves a fake wifi login page with an exploit

How can a multibillionaire company get away with this

Question: I tried installing YSMenu on my R4, and I think I did it wrong, because now my 3DS can't read the cartridge anymore. Did I brick it? :l

I don't think you can brick a cartridge like that, maybe it's just a bit loose causing it to not be read (happens often on 3DS)

I accessed ysmenu.nds through the cartridge while it worked.

So I took my 3DS online for the first time in months and realized I was banned finally. Was there ever a workaround to that?

Depends on the type of ban. If its friend code ban, just read the pastebin

I don't REALLY need to update my B9S to 1.3 if I'm in 1.2 do I? Just wanna play online for a bit and I don't have my computer with me right now

Oh cool. I thought it was just a general online ban. Thanks for helping my dumb ass.

No prob bob, just be aware that it might happen again, in that case, wait for another friend code to be available around here (check the pastebin and the troubleshooting part of the guide).

Is there a way to unlink my 3ds from a nnid without contacting nintendo?