/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #994 - Place Your Bets Edition

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=bUFWXpYJKaI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Slow

*pecks*

Rat

*Flashes pantsu*

Xth for best girl. Here's hoping she comes back before the next Olympics tie-in.

First for Silver a cute!
A cute!!

>best
What an odd way to spell “worst”.

A while back someone mentioned Ian Flynn didn't care much for the Babylon Rogues, is that true?

This is what I would do with psychic powers.

I wouldn't blame him if that were the case, they're not really interesting characters.
I mean, they're basically just Sonic with a board, gender swapped Tails and bigger, dumber Knuckles while also being dumbed down in most aspects.

They make for appropriate villains in the Riders games but would contribute little elsewhere.

Alright, I did it. Sorry for the delay.

Why would anyone actually care about them?

I want her to be alive

I'd believe it since he hasn't written anything with them in 6 years. Never even showed up in the reboot.

I think Yardley! likes them more if I'm remembering correctly.

Care to back up that statement? Because she's one of the only girls to be an actual character and not just a running gag/one-trick pony.

Hi, /sthg/
How are you this evening?

You know what you must do

I've been waiting for this!
Thanks user

Criticise the game relentlessly?

This picture really reminds me that I want to see Tekno and Wave interacting.

I'm doing okay. I wasn't alone on a Friday night today! Until now.

I'm getting the PS4 version.

Battle bird armada had personal grudges against Jet, they were talking about how after they take care of the freedom fighters sky patrol unit they're going after the rogues next and Speedy especially wanted them because he wanted to know why Jet betrayed them .

Really, that long?? I know they didn't show up in the reboot but damn. When was their last appearance?

Eh, I feel like they could have done something with them. But I guess their uses are pretty niche, even when compared to the Hooligans.

I'm close to cancelling my order and using it to buy other Sonic shit!

Press F to pay respects

Blaze
Marine
Cream
Vanilla
Maria
Sticks*
Zooey*
Sally
Bunnie
Nicole
Cassia
Clove

*almost dead

I bought the PC version.

>When was their last appearance?
SU #36 which was written by Yardley!

Jet being a dickass Sonic is what makes him potentially the best rival where as Knuckles is just a friend now and Shadow is too busy having a job and fucking a Bat on top of a robot.

Is Sonic Boom over yet? We know they aren't getting a third season

I think Blaze does make a passing mention of the Babylon Rogues in the reboot though

Man I miss Marine.

It'd be neat if Sonic Team expanded on Blaze's world sometime. Too bad it'll never happen.

... Jesus, #36? I should go back and reread some of the early Universe issues.

I'm thinking that the more I listen to Avatar themes, the more it feels like it's not coming from a Sonic game and I'm listening to either a different video game or some general musician.

I think it's jarring but in a way I do like the tracks.

Already bought it with a nice discount.

>Is Sonic Boom over yet?
No, but I assume it's nearing the end of it's season.

To be fair, they were part of two of the best Universe arcs. And then the Pendering happened.

It's basically the localized soundtrack to a 90's anime that didn't happen.

>switch version
I seriously hope nobody is considering buying that version.

Even my ass is fatter than that

>Sticks and Blaze being dead
user please, they're going to be in Japanese Olympic games and you'll enjoy it.

Your with us user you're never alone.

Outside of board racing, though, he doesn't have much else to offer - and how often does that happen.

I imagine Blaze will show up at some point, if not Forces then something else. Might have more screen time in the comics.

No problem!

No, still getting new episodes, one comes out tomorrow at 6

>We know they aren't getting a third season
Fuck

Could you or another user give an example of something similar to it?

That's true.

I already have a Switch so I might as well.

That's why I said potentially, and the fact that the rogues are still villains means Sonic can do stuff with them off the racetrack to if needed.

I feel like the only real interesting one out of the bunch is actually Wave. Storm is just a walking brick. Bark offers more than he does as a character despite being mute.

>established franchise with millions of fans
>117,871 owners on steam
>cheaper than cuphead
>a fifth of cuphead's steam sales
Why did it flop?

Predict the fate of Tails, Amy, and Knuckles in Forces

sticks is in that forces tie in game. not ded.

If we're talking about just Steam, the Denuvo Two Week Delay situation really dented it and I'm not surprised people passed on it after Sega's dumb stunt.

I imagine console sales fared better.

Wave is my favorite of the three, personality and gimmick wise she's pretty interesting.
I kind of want to see her interacting with Amy again after the Riders stuff, but make it not related to extreme gear

>Steam version
You know the answer to this

Denuvo + Delay. Also it's out on 3 other systems.

They better not pull delay shit with Forces.

I didn't buy it because of Denuvo and I remember seeing a graph of sales which showed a considerable amount of refunds once the cat was out of the bag. Having said that, I don't know how high they would have gone if they didn't do that, just that they'd be higher.

She is? The Forces rider one? That's nice to hear.

t. Rouge.

Do Japanese Sonic fans really like Sticks or something? It's funny how prevalent she is compared to anything else from Boom. Granted I wouldn't mind it much if they imported her into the main Sonic universe, but yeah.

Seeing the Babylon Rogues doing stuff non-related to extreme gear or just separate from one another actually sounds kinda interesting in general. But I forget, what was her relationship with Amy like?

>Denuvo
>2 week delay
It probably sold a lot more on consoles. The combined sales are probably closer to Cuphead's.
Also, SteamSpy can only count sales from people with public profiles.

Don't Wave and Rouge have a rivarly that mentioned somewhere? I'd love to see them interact as well.

Knuckles goes back home to be with his waifu the emerald.

Amy goes back home to be with his waifu the Sonic.

Tails goes back home to be with his waifu his hand.

good goy, fall for our smear campaign and install our botnet version instead of supporting the developers

Jet's got potential since he's essentially Sonic sans the moral compass and solely self-interested, the perfect chaotic neutral. Storm needs some considerable overhaul for sure, something to take him from just 'the big guy' to an actual character, maybe making him more of a dick with a moral code or more of a guy who gets lost in his own head but pulls through in the clutch.

We told you from the start: Classicfags are just a VERY vocal minroity.

I haven't played it at all. Go speak out of your ass elsewhere.

Are people who play on PC the minority or are they actually the majority of the whole community?

Japan seems to really like Sticks from the show, and the fact that her VA is Aoi Yuki only improves the personality.

Checking her statistics on Pixiv and Google she's more popular than most side characters but not so much the main 9-10

As for Amy and Wave
In Riders Wave was making fun of Tail's board or something when Amy came to defend him and they argued and fought a bit before they raced against each other and Wave won.

I just thought i'd like to see some follow up to that, or at least the two in some other situation.

Important to remember they fucked up even worse by not having it playable offline at all for awhile. SEGA of Europe deserves to be shit on hard for Mania's PC release.

I'm not alone. I'm hanging out with my good Internet buddies on /sthg/!

Jet looks and acts more like a parrot than a hawk.

Dunno what you want me to do about it. There's no content for that one, I can't translate what's not there.

I see a decent amount of fanart of her. It's hard to tell whether that's because she's new or not though.

They seem to be rivals from the very little they interacted in Free Riders.

I feel like they could just kind of portray him similar to how they've been treating Roy in the Mario series lately. Not the brightest, but surprisingly cunning and trying his best. Jet definitely does have potential though, yeah, it'd be neat to see what they did with him on his own if they ever got to it.

Oh shit she's Aoi Yuki? No wonder they love her, that's some good taste.

Ahh, I thought it was more than that-- though hearing Amy defending Tails like that is pretty cute.

I-I have my sisters with me!

>Classic looking in envy at Sonic's chilidog

That thing you're translating now that you cross replied to, how many pages is that?

>Ahh, I thought it was more than that-- though hearing Amy defending Tails like that is pretty cute.
I think Amy was kind of annoyed with how stuck up she was, but yeah there isn't much in just the Rider games.

>Sticks is Hibiki in Japan

Welp, I know what I'm getting next.

That's really just due to his VA.

My computer has been broke for the last 4 or 5 threads, what's been going on?

Storm is kinda-sorta portrayed as Jet's Tails in a way. Always following Jet's lead and being very loyal to him, and always referring to him as "Boss".

Aqua Road revealed for Forces.

He needs to learn to share.

A Forces comic came out, there are more parts to come later.

Aqua Road has an amazing theme.

Storm always seemed like some sort of hulking butler type, I kind of want to check how he acted in the Japanese script.

It's 4 pages and there's 3 mini comics I found that are between 4-5 pages each. This is just for Silver and Blaze stuff (excluding random standalone comics), I have tons of standalone things for Shadow and Rouge as well as another mini comic or 2 for Shadow and Maria that I want to do.

*beep* *beep* best ship coming through

I NEED PICTURES OF BLAZE EXCITEDLY SCREAMING

Wiener envy.

You could make those type of watered down comparisons with the entire sonic cast you swine.

That's a lot of things, so good luck.

Got the screaming part down.

What's Blaze looking at, /sthg/?

This is probably going to come off as a dumb question but do you know what language is being used in pic related?

your face

He kind of comes off as someone who tries to be helpful to the people around him but is ultimately a bit out of his depth so he sticks to more physical, immediate matters.

Her Forces appearance.

>I'm a failure
>I'm a coward, a fraidy coward
> I'm useless

Buddy confirmed to be a pathetic Shinji in need of serious bullying.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=bUFWXpYJKaI

My inner thoughts