What animal was it?

What animal was it?

According to the history channel it was aliens

According to wikipedia it was gay

Ant eater, definitely an ant eater

He's an Aadvark.

Is it not a donkey, that constantly chooses where it desires to go rather than what is directed?

A badger

Rat?

Think about it

>feasts on corpses, """disrespects"" the dead
>spreads plagues, disease, chaos

That's my first thought as well.

Makes sense, if the gyppos saw an affinity between termite hills and their own civilisation. An aardvark would be like a terrible coming of a god of destruction to the denizens of that termite hill.

>behold the celestial aardvark is come to break open our civilization and devour our people with its terrible sticky tongue. Woe!!

It's a stylised wild boar.
Cum cabage lmao.

1: canine
2: thin body
3: large ears for hunting at dawn, dusk or night

also the son of seth is anubis, a jackal

seth may also be a jackal or some other species of canine adapted to the desert

Jackal

this is what he got for betraying kek

JESUS CHRIST

Uhh, no need to shout

LORD ALMIGHTY i have witnessed 3 miracles today

FooledByRandomness.jpg

doesn't really look like one

another pic

The head does, and doesn't look like a jackal's head. (as the snout is curved)
Might as well just be based on both.

>be me
>just scrolling Veeky Forums
>witness 3 miracles
>atheist fag tells me it just happened by luck

it can't be a jackal head because the anubis animal is the jackal (left)

but it doesn't look like an aardvark either. the ears are squared.

>but it doesn't look like an aardvark either. the ears are squared.
Yes but who says we need to take it "literal"? It could be artistic, it could be pure fantasy and so on and so on.

Take the Manticore, it has features of some living creatures, but isn't a living creature.

doggo

the whole animal is probably bullshit a a whole.

many egyptologists believe that the egyptians forgot at some point what animal it was originally (this happened to several hieroglyphs so there are precendents - some symbols are just repeated and their origin forgotten) so they gave the head a dog-like body.

my favorite theory is that the set animal was the giraffe, that the square "ears" aren't ears at all but were originally the two "horn" kinda things that giraffes have. the actual ears would disappear under the wig that masks the transition between human body and animal head (the theory being that the set animal is a secondary derivation from the human shape representation)

In art, Set is usually depicted as an enigmatic creature referred to by Egyptologists as the Set animal, a beast resembling no known creature, although it could be seen as a composite of an aardvark, a donkey, a jackal or a fennec fox. The animal has a curved snout, long rectangular ears, a thin forked tail and canine body, with sprouted fur tufts in an inverted arrow shape; sometimes, Set is depicted as a human with the distinctive head. Some early Egyptologists proposed that it was a stylised representation of the giraffe, owing to the large flat-topped "horns" which correspond to a giraffe's ossicones (antlers). The Egyptians themselves, however, made a distinction between the giraffe and the Set animal. During the Late Period, Set is depicted as a donkey or as having a donkey's head.

The earliest representations of what might be the Set animal comes from a tomb dating to the Naqada I phase of the Predynastic Period (3790 BC–3500 BC), though this identification is uncertain. If these are ruled out, then the earliest Set animal appears on a mace head of the King Scorpion, a ruler of the Protodynastic Period. The head and the forked tail of the Set animal are clearly present.

When did Set become a nasty god?
Weren't the early Egyptians pretty fond of him, and there were a few empeorors with his name

Its clearly an elephantfish/oxyrrhynchus.
This was the fish said to have swallowed the phallus of Osiris after Set scattered it and 14 other pieces into the Nile. Is it a coincidence that the lumen on its head happens to be the exact same shape as Set's "ears" when seen from the side?

Nice

>many egyptologists believe that the egyptians forgot at some point what animal it was originally

Sounds really plausible to me. I knew all that unrealistic art would have consequences for some culture some day.

Didn't Set live in the desert? Maybe Egyptians eventually figured he's some weird mutant creature you can only find on rare occasions that hides in the dunes. Like Egyptian bigfoot.

>oh hey what's up guys?
>whadup, man?
>what do you two have there?
>oh, these? These are ahnks, man, you gotta try one...
>no thanks, I -mmmppphhHHH

this angers me so much, Seth was not the God of evil.

He's the god of foreigners, so when invaders come in and fuck shit up, it's Set's doing. But the dude protects Ra every night from being devoured by Apep, so he's not all that bad.

Probably started as an aardvark but then they forgot and just gave it a generic jackal body to match Anubis

Retard

Yeah it does, you blind retard

He does lokk an Aavkar

What historical mysteries are NOT explained to be ayyliums according to History Channel?

Why am i named after this fucker

Roswell

Your parents thought you were a real cunt probably.

Semen salad