/scg/ /edg/ Elite Citizen: Star Dangerous General #213

ED info:
pastebin.com/zEufftYe

Elite Dangerous v2.4 is online with improvements to base game and dlc content.
Frontier announced a new expansion called "Beyond" and will offer it for free to everyone who bought horizon.
Season three will focus on refining core gameplay and introducing new content.

Retaliation Trailer*
youtube.com/watch?v=38bHNSB4cDM

>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

*Not actual game footage
pastebin.com/Sbd5bPbH
>FAQs
pastebin.com/zS3Nv5Ru

>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA

>Other games:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w

Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.

Last thread:

Third for nda = scam. Public opinion isn't supposed to matter. The nda is to keep backers from seeing the game.

>club named pulse
>no sneaky omar mateen in sight
you had one job user

user why would you say that?

For (you)s

I'm doing my best annon

user, please buy a ship, i'd like that very much.

>someone spend time making these
wew what a way to spend your free time

Sorry Sandi but I sold all my ships and have no intention of buying more, I'm just here to see what 3.0 is like when it eventually comes out.

Well i guess i'll just have to find myself a man with a real ship.

>Not having a folder which is full of old SC memes
user step up your game.

Guys post some content to make time go faster until Ccon

user buy my games

Salvager fora small ships basically just means it can fit a cargo bay and cutting equipment, usually on a turret. Cutting laser + tractor beam on a turret = salvage turret. The cargo bay on the glad will be in place of the torpedo bay, not the circle on top, unlike the hornet they top space on the glad serves a purpose, the the reactor and cooling system up there.

>develop game free of outside influence, like publishers
>hide game with nda anyway because backers come first
>punish backers who made project possible for being loyal to the other backers
maybe there is a better word than scam, fraud maybe?

But user, the bad press.

literally the only argument is
>someone might write an unflattering article and that would affect sales
cultists defend this as not only acceptable, but preferable.

As much as I agree that its complete fucking autism, I also understand RSI not wanting shitty media to shit on them how they have failed so many times an so on when they are constantly developing and changing things.

>hire multiple community managers
>all charged with handling the public image and dealing with backers
>live in constant fear of public opinion and do absolutely nothing to try to maintain or improve SC image.
gee, if only they didn't have completely incompetent idiots telling them the public was out of control instead of doing their fucking job, the fallout from a leaked video would be the least of their fears.

>*Not actual game footage
ED in a fucking nutshell.

>do absolutely nothing to try to maintain or improve SC image
[citation needed]

>prove a negative
fuck off, support your argument if you care to make one.

you brought it up burden of proof is on you

what other proof would you need that the public relations department is a total failure than an open development game released under an nda? If that doesn't tell you everything you need to know about not controlling the message and letting fear dictate their decisions, there isn't a specific incident that will be more compelling.
Being toxic to backers in spectrum who are looking for updates on AtV a few hours before midnight is a pretty glaring example though.

guys it's totally fine. it's like how my wife dates. sure, I could ask her what she is doing and who she is fucking, but that's her business and I have no right as her husband to question what she does or who she is satisfied by. the same thing holds true for SC. it's not your place to question what CIG is doing and they don't owe you anything, not even an explanation because you donated your money. if you don't like it that's too bad, they could keep this in nda from here on out and I would be fine with that.

Don't meme too hard I might strangle you ironically.

you all are just a bunch of entitled brats who think that paying for something means that CIG has to cater to your every whim. it's just like I try to tell my wife's son, you can't expect people just to do what you pay them for. He's only half white, but he knows his privilege and we already taught him not to complain if they get his order wrong at McDonalds, he was probably oppressing them slightly, so that's why they spit in his food. It's no different with SC, you entitled brats brought this on yourself by harassing CIG about producing results like they were some machine to make pleasure for you. Dis-gust-ing

oh its not ironic his gf probably had miles worth of penises inside her before they met and playing video games is only a way to distract him from the truth

bait

>pay sub to play wow
>I AM ENTITLED TO EVERY PIECE OF ENDGAME GEAR I LITERALLY PAY FOR THE GAME AND THEREFORE I MUST BE GIVEN ACCESS TO BLIZZARDS SECURITY FOOTAGE AND ALL GEAR SETS BY DEFAULT

>actual game with content and expansions
>not actual game with tech demos and jpegs
I can see how these relate.

any tool download for aid in elite exploration?

so you concede your point, you DO want to be given every piece of content on a silver platter because you pay a sub for the game?

although the sub is meant to give you access to the game + continued support of the game with patches and content + revenue that pays the servers and developers

I don't pay for a sub and I've never been in etf. I'm not sure how you got there. What does being a sub have to do with the nda? That affects every backer. Also, yes, this game should be open development, they should show their work on a constant basis(not AtV, someone playing the element they made), and they would drown out criticism under a flood of content.
The only reason people react so strongly is the 18 months we have gone without content. If they had kept everything in the open this whole time, no one would have anything to say. Everyone to a person knows the game runs like shit, why would they think hiding that will somehow sway opinion in their favor when shitheads like me will never give them rest?

How are you giga autists still arguing about this NDA shit, get over it.

There is no other content to discuss, stupid.

NDA isn't content.
There is no discussion, its just 1-2 tardlets screaming at 1-2 tardlets and going over the same dumb points again and again

Not saying you're wrong, but what the fuck are we supposed to discuss? The game is literally under nda and we are begging for scraps. What do you want to talk about that isn't related to restricted content from CIG?

Nothing.
Let the general die.

Before I posted there were EIGHT posters and 36 posts, its all shit. I'm going now too, so good luck complaining about how CIG is fucking you with an NDA like the cripple you are

>well you're wrong because I'm leaving
bless your heart

121 unique posters from the last thread.
if you think that's indicative of a dead general then you've never actually spent much time in a slower one, have you?

LSD

When I did exploration I made sure to have good space exploring music on, and it made it a lot better. Carpenter Brut is my homeboy.

But you probably meant something like edcodex.info. Lists a bunch of different tools, can filter by category>exploration.

>the end of /dbzg/
I learned a lot about people there, a lot of bad things that I wished I hadn't.

as a subscriber i demand access to evocati. where do i sign up for access?

Kys fellow cuck. Life has to go free we can't be entitled to it simply because we use these meat bags for pleasure how dare we.

>space music
>not listening to planets sound

Who's ready to find how the game will change again before it is actually playable, again, for what the 5th or 6th time by now, at least?

implying this is a bad thing

not really, was more highlighting that they have made all these changes and forgot to make a game while they were at it, now they are playing catch up, and still changing the game.
How do they know it was bad if they never finished it to see?

cucks on RSI are now advocating that all pledge ships be given LTI. Becasue fuck early backers, again, right? Fuck us for taking the largest risk and putting our money down on nothing but a dream.

>Becasue fuck early backers, again, right?
welcome to the party pal.

I've been here the whole time man. I know. It still bugs me though.

Well, I finally did it.
I bought a warband Aurora MC package off someone from reddit for $28. technically, it only cost me $3 because I had $25 in my paypal from microsoft reward points, but I'm still feeling a little dirty.

what the fuck is up with these download times though? kind of making me regret the $3.

closed malwarebytes and it went up to 15MBps
crisis averted, but I still feel like a dirty little piggy.

Wait until you try to kill something with an MR.

new patcher in a few weeks, current patcher is a clusterfuck, its largely p2p, and right now LITERALLY NO ONE has their launcher up to seed.
$28 off the grey market is bready gud. I recommend the $10 upgrade to an aurora LN as per usual, but don't go any farther for now at least and desu theres probably no reason to go farther at all. Check if you have just SC or both SC and SQ42 on the package, if just sc you might wanna grab the addon for SQ42, the eventual single player campaign. if its an old enough package it'll have both, and regardless you still got it at least $15 cheaper than current min, dont feel dirty, you both got what you want, you got the game and the seller got out, which he clearly wanted. I'm in deep, and I still try to shave of a few bucks any way I can.

make sure to set up your two-step authentication so people won't steal your jpegs

jpeg.
singular.
he only has one becasue he's a poorfag.

Both the galdiator and the cutlass are said to be salvagers but theres a problem: neither have advanced sensors. How the fuck are they supposed to find anything?

You have no idea what advanced sensors mean, so being concerned about the lack of them is interesting

>poorfag.
I prefer the term incentivized crewman. The choice between getting your shit pushed in and just crewing for a ship that can do what it wants isn't much of a choice.
They buy the data. If salvage ships could scan, you wouldn't need data ships.

Small scale salvage will be mostly done just by locating wrecks and eyeballing parts. You don't need dedicated stuff for simple salvage, just radar and cutting tools.

the cutlass has an entire variant that comes with an enhanced sensor pod, it's not hard to believe that cig will eventually let people buy the pod separately.

yeah, I've seen most people recommend upgrading to the LN. I'm just gonna wait until I have more MS reward points and hope they don't get rid of the paypal reward any time soon.

LN was the plan, although I do have my eye on the Avenger
don't really care much about SQ42 though desu

but yeah, I figured they wouldn't go cheaper than $30 on starters with CitCon sales so might as well. it's just standalone SC without SG42 but it still felt like a good deal. and like I said before, It only cost me $3 technically.

my aurora must fetch a high price on the black market, I'm sure.

fallacy!

even cig realized the MR was a joke and gave it an extra pair of S1 gun hardpoints

>gave it an extra pair of S1 gun hardpoints
gtfo. you're saying it has four(4) S1 mounts?

Anyone have a link to this weeks CIG newsletter?

yes, new MR has four(4) s1 guns. New LN Has 2xS1 2xS2, a better shield and more powerful reactor.

>star citizen is vaporware mired in permanent, never-to-be-escaped development hell
>elite dangerous is governed by a pack of retard nonces that would rather die than see people playing their game have any real fun

space sims are the cancer, X4: Foundations is the answer

Yes, all the non LN models have 4xS1 hard points in 3.0. though it still only actually comes with two guns equipped. Also they nerfed the missile pylon down to S2 on all models except theLN. So no swarms of suicide Auroras carrying S4 missiles

>x3:rebirth 2

I would say power creep, but 2 S1s never worked to begin with. Loading an MR up with NN-13s would be very viable. The missile thing tragically makes sense, although the LN still having a S4 is good.

Space Sims are the cancer, EVE Online is the answer

It's just even with Mustang now. 4S1 is still shit firepower, but its far better than 2. Even just 4xM3A will zap stuff like scythes, Hull As Reliant's and other low tier ships that you're likely to engage in your rookie ship.

>reddit stole the suicide aurora scheme
>they'll be screwed by the missile nerf, while we've advised all our base backers to upgrade to LN at every opportunity

I just want to play Squadron 42 already ... :(

>This is cancer, what you need to do is suck on this asbestos dusted Cobalt/Uranium alloy.

>reddit stole.
To be fair, it was their meme from the very beginning, r/starcitizen has been talking about drunken suicide aurora swarms since early 2013.

It was our idea in 2012

It was more that power creep had rendered the MR useless so it had to get a boost. Also I suspect cig wants to raise the price on all of them, both to fix the MR/mustang price difference and so theyll have an excuse to raise the LN's price even though it's stats didn't change.

>See all this autism in the thread
>Constantly
>Daily
>That means they would have to be consistently following the threads and the development of the game(s)
Is it false flagging?

I'm here at least a few times a week, I check for SC news at least every thursday, and really more often than that.

i just want elite to be fun but less than 10% of the thread is about elite
i don't want to believe you SC guys are this bitter and autistic but facts seem to prove so

You have NO IDEA.

>Abandoned Ships no longer despawn in 3.0
>Server becomes so crowded with ships floating around the system, the framerate tanks into the single digits.

about what senpai?
i'm not excluding buying SC when it gets some actual gameplay and when i get a pc able to run it

5 years of waiting, duplicity from developers, wave after wave of baseless criticism followed by counter waves of mindless cult defense of CIG every action whether justifiable or no. I look forward hopefully to an eventual good game but the road has been long twisting and waist deep in bullshit.

This thread really is a support group for the jaded, tired, betrayed, and angry. The only one at the end of the day, everywhere else is either mindless shouting about scams and refunds or mindless cultic chanting about how whatever CIG does is right and they'd like to suck it again.

speak for yourself retarded /pol/ crossposter

'threadly' reminder that Star Citizen will have it's commercial release before the announcement of Half Life 3

The heat death of the universe will have it's release before the announcement of half life 3.

A shitty microtransaction filled revamp of the series simply titled"half life" made some shitty 3rd party studio valve farmed it out to will have it's release before the announcement of half life 3.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand No Man's Sky. The gameplay is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the mechanics will go over a typical player’s head. There’s also Nada's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into their characterisation- their personal philosophy draws heavily from Wachowski literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of the game, to realise that they’re not just fun- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike No Man's Sky truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the depth in the Korvax existential catchphrase “Eheu” which itself is a cryptic reference to sneezing. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons pewing their COD guns in confusion as Sean Murray's genius genious unfolds itself on their televisions and computer monitors. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have an Atlas tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 words learned of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid

haha XD
oh man, you got me good!
brb, heading to reddit for epic lulz XD

kek

Remember that time Sean Murry stole a shitload of code from other people to make this game and then got sued over it?

While I'm waiting on Horizons sale
what should I grind to prepare myself?

Credits, to get a better ship.