/ddg/ - Dragon's Dogma General

Previous thread: >Tips for new players
You can change vocations at level 10 at the Gran Soren inn or BBI.
Character appearance can be changed later on.
Don’t miss your sidequests: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Side_Quest_Progression
Further info on "Must Do" sidequests: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qS9A47duONEwozGu8A6_oX_HyCxgBwbquGmlZqEQqqg/edit?usp=sharing
Understanding the romance system: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Beloved
Hard Mode doesn't change enemy AI, it adds higher Stagger/ Knockdown resistances and increases Stamina consumption and Health damage recieved. More info about it in the wiki. Recommended for NG+

>Wiki you lazy shit
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon's_Dogma_Wiki

====================================

>/ddg/ Pawn Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/156IeHCRWMcCTU4nkIIwGgjVBetjVu47C9TvAlAc5HUY/edit?usp=sharing

>Stat Growths
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Stat_Growths

>RC Calculator
opsc.dark-arisen.com/calculator.php?cmd=calculate

>In-depth Beginner/Advanced Player Guide and FAQ
docs.google.com/document/d/17Avxu-W6BCjDrglXtHg8Z3sKB_z_5tlWhV1Vmf_YWHw
gamefaqs.com/boards/626514-dragons-dogma/74291952

>Character Creator Sliders
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QfNzxImmAvPk0jUhfKdyjxwUBg8OUl9iQhLMBL_pEl8/edit?usp=sharing

>Mods available
pastebin.com/jcbPgLdj
pastebin.com/XqfsTx3G
piratepad.net/ep/pad/view/ro.uXOgwZkXAy5/latest

>Hotkey Script for PC Players
pastebin.com/7gju0zt8

>Modding on console and old pawns
pastebin.com/NMTBXnxA

>Guide to get DDO
pastebin.com/mx95PT0w
reddit.com/r/dragonsdogmaonline/

>DDO Beginners Guide
pastebin.com/xgzbcXNg
pastebin.com/338KVa5X

>Screenshot Guide
pastebin.com/6YtfNbcb

>Make webms
pastebin.com/4ipnGRND

I want to fuck your pawns.

I want my pawn to fuck me.

I want our pawns to fuck.

aught

my pawn wants me to fuck anyone at this point

I want to watch their pawns fuck while your pawn jacks off in a dixie cup and then throws it in the trash

Late night /ddg/ is a real treat. So hey, how soon is that Grace on PS4?

after you go to bed, hurry up

People were saying earlier that it was gaining life. No idea where it's at now

What's the longest any of you have fought Ur-dragon for in one sitting? What do I have to look forward to?

Aw yeah. Just killed Daimon

WTF just killed devilfire dragon with an entire load of level three items.. not one single dragonforge

is there a mission requirement to unlock dragonforging or something i still havent met the duke

Do you add DDG pawns you've used to your favourites?

I like doing it, kinda makes sure that the riftbucks are going to good people~

The Ur-Dragon has a maximum encounter time of 10 minutes, I believe. After that, it just fucks off and you have to reload.

The Drake in Devilfire Grove actually has a super low Dragonforging rate. I think it's about 30% for 3 star equipment.

That's for the online version where everyone is trying to damage hearts? I thought that was for the special weak version.

I haven't established one yet, but I received Godsbane just yesterday and it was pretty cool. I haven't even finished Wyrm hunt quests by that time, but now I have one of my own since I murdered Grigori.
Blast arrows are hell of a drug.

By the way, what's the best way to make money? I feel like pickpocketing the Condemned Gorecyclops pre-daimon with Master Thief nets the best money. I made over 2 mil in 15 minutes, but it's extremely tedious. I always slap a tentacle arrow in him after I'm done and hope for cursed weapons.

I've had that sucker forge like 4 things at once before,

just the fact that it lost the dice roll 5 times.. my luck is bad

I add everyone who posts their psn here to favorites and use them sort of whenever.

Grigori always dragonforges all of your equipped items, no matter how much they're upgraded if at all. Second best I would say is the cursed dragon with the priest in BBI, which is the second boss there.

well if you want to dragonforge before level 30,
neither is really an option

Yeah, I guess so. Is the one in Devilfire grove the only one until postgame?

yeah postgame there's one at the waterfal cave and the tower

So uh I went to try and fight Ur-Dragon the first time, he came down and flew away. I understand you fight him in many different encounters but was it supposed to be that quick? He was at 2 dots at the time.

Imagine this game if the production hadn't been rushed and they'd been able to flesh out some of the games areas

meant to say, you have a couple minutes to damage him, then you gotta leave and do it again

damage is cumulative of course, attack him once or twice a day for a month, and see what you get. also get in there during the grace period

>finally beat daimon 2.0
>get Darkening Storm, the strongest shortbow in the game out of it
>can't even be happy because my strider pawn uses Rusted Bows gold rarified which are better and more useful in every single way

I wish I never learnt about the usefulness of Rusted Bows, I will never ever equip something else

>Check level 80 female Fighters
>They're all shit
>Check male Fighters
>There are three
>They're also all shit

yep a pawn with the rusted bow, unstoppable

Reposting:

I am stuck at work away from my PS4 until Tuesday, does anyone want to take my pawn out for a spin? She is around a level 34 Ranger, still in the process of levelling and gearing her up obviously. No idea of her inclinations. I know I'll need them riftbux soon.

If someone could post a screenshot of her too that would be great

There's also one wandering just outside of Gran Soren, in the middle of it and the Quarry

Not him, but don't forget that they cab dish out torpor, not a bad idea at all to have on a pawn.

yep

wish the postgame had more upgrades

like hobs instead of goblins, or

fucking BBI monsters lol

What's the worst Everfall Chamber?

What's the worst BBI area?

Worst = Hard/Annoying

I walked into that first BBI arena with a level5 character yesterday

a fucking dragon, I ran away

Is it worth giving my orc husbando Arc of Deliverance?

Yes. Pawn AI is great at using charge skills

person behind the orc looks like a trap

I need confirmation

Sure man, I'll take her around BBI for a while. Oh and her inclinations are Scather/Challenger btw

Sometimes this faggots have the worst timing or don't charge that shit at all. Still recommend it. Sight of melting boss bar is truly beautiful

Tis a woman Arisen.

Thank you

please tell me HOW to make the BBI shadow/oblivion armor look good? the feet are the worst offenders, they fit with NOTHING, N O T H I NG

Pawn AI can't handle charge skills well, especially Warriors. A good set-up would be Exodus Slash, Corona Slash and Whirlwind Slash or Indomitable Lunge.

sometimes you just gotta go shirtless.
all the bow using classes have the worst looking armors imo, just not to my taste

All BBI Lv.3 equipment looks terrible.

Wear the Trophy Set. Forget the L3 shit even exists.

all the BBI gear looks bad now that I really think about it

going to be farming daimon, anyone want me to get their pawn for riftbux?

If it wouldn't be a bother.
PSN is TORGOoOo, pawn is a scather/challenger warrior, level 121.

Yes please, PSN is kooper2k strider pawn lvl 140ish

PS4 grace yet?

Alright lads, I'm level 80, and my stats are:

HP: 2513
Stam: 2260
Str:276
Mag: 317
Def: 294
MagDef: 274

I can't decide what to level as to close out these last 20 levels. I'm planing on being an MA.

I had initially decided to try 1:1 so I leveled mostly as a Strider, but just today I decided to look, and found out that all the skills I'm intending on using scale with Magick.

I want to take this character to Hard Mode after my second playthrough, so I wanted to hit at least 300 Def, which at this point I'm pretty well set to do. Do I have enough HP to focus on Magick? 20 Levels of Sorc would net me an extra 100, but its growth everywhere else is pretty terrible.

Should I just finish out as MK (or something else? Ranger for some Stam?) It's only a 40-Magick difference, I suppose.

Going to be playing a lot today. Comfy saturday's dogma, fuck yes.
So my pawn could do with a hire here and there, it's "Andalt" on PS4,
He's a 36 warrior at the moment with an okay-skillset and I think his bestiary knowledge is allright for a lowbie.

Alright, boys, finally headin' into Everfall and early Bitterbutt on this run
Looking for a Mage or Sorc pawn who really likes Holy Affinity (or the tier 3) so I have one less buff to manage
Around level 50; I don't want them too strong, and I'm not a big fan of tornados everywhere

If you're looking for a what I hope is decently competent and attractive male Strider in exchange, take him or shoot me a request

Warrior

Double cock is pretty bad

>have to get ready for work in five minutes
>ten hour shift
>didn't get a single wink of sleep
>someone just went into the shitter so I can't shower
>going to go up and finally grab DD:DA
>will probably be way too tired to play
>have a seven hour shift the next day
I hate my life.

You can do it brave user, just keep that game-frustration bottled and unleash it when you do get a chance to have a nice binge session

Since it's almost 2AM for me, I'll gladly tote around people's pawns when I get up. I'm at max level, so I can take anyone anywhere and give anything... within reason. Just send me a friend request and I promise to take all those pawns for a spin later to get some tasty RC.

Gonna be doing some post-daimon BBI runs. If anyone wants some ez riftbucks post info and I'll hire your pawns.

I'd appreciate if someone hired mine but not only is she level 200, but her current armor is kinda ugly. So if anyone has fashion tips for her that's NOT slut armor, feel free to enlighten me.

I would want to, but not currently online with no access. Majority of the high level shit is ugly, but you can make an extremely nice looking characters if you don't mind the equips having a completely shit stats.
That said, my arisen is a fucking she-hulk with a somewhat small head, because carry weight should be minmaxed with a packrat such as me.

ps4 grace period very soon. Let's all shoot makers fingers at the ur dragon now to make it happen in the next few minutes.

ORCKED.com

Hello friend, are you gonna stream today too? It was a long session yesterday after all. I'm going to take Andalt for a walk through BBI with "my main". Tara is level 40 now and will stay at that medium level for them Riftbux, I also got rid of Brontide, interested in seeing how it all works out.

add me to the growing list of people who are going to be running daimon tonight and are willing to take pawns of all levels and types
keep posting those psns in reply and get you some RC and hopefully a few nice screenshots

Also POST YOUR ARISEN AND PAWN on their day off.

there are no day-offs in BBI

Hello! You bet, setting up at the moment.. Definitely going to grab Tara, she's mvp-tier for sure, and thanks for the BBI carrying. From what I remember pawns with practically no knowledge in the area, no resistances and vocations they're "new" to aren't the easiest thing to babysit

that grey strider looks great, I've been trying out dyes on a new pawn and can't get anything to look that good
top taste in hairstyles for your arisen

I'm the guy complaining about massive necks in the previous thread. Despite the neck, I'm pretty confident in my pawn's good looks. Would you, perhaps, like to see his sliders so that, maybe, you could help me with this neck problem?

Here's a shitty screenshot so you're not completely in the dark.

>POST YOUR ARISEN AND PAWN on their day off.
There's never a day off in the search for better gear.

Haven't been around here for a while, how's things for everyone?

How do you fight Death? This is how I do it everytime

I love that hair because it gets fluffy when i use Maelstrom

Grace period is up now GOGOGO

you better now lie faggot

>going through the last stretch of BBI 2.0 before Diamon
>as a Warrior

OF COURSE I MISS IT

What the fuck am I supposed to do about Daimon's rift insta-kill? I know it's used at set intervals but every single time all of my pawns walk right into it and I have to restart.

I DON'T DEAL ANY DAMAGE WTF

>literally no damage
Well, I suppose it wouldn't be that easy to skip ahead
Might try with periapts, but eh

just wait until that super fun and challenging demon fight switches phases into his ultimate form Daimon 2: The Red Vocation's Painful Sensation

all things are forgiven imo in second stage Daimon as a warrior

Best augments for Assassin? I currently have: Vehemence; Clout; Ferocity and Sinew.

Also what are your weapon combos?

I just used the maker's finger and got a lucky shot.

>Fighter but Edgy
Sword/Shield

>Strider but Edgy
Dagger/Bow

>Oh shit nigga what are you doing
Dagger/Shield

>Real murder hours who up
Sword/Bow

Hook him in the gob mate

try and stun him out of the rift sucking blast as best you can. this also helps pawns learn. once they have enough stars on daimon they should do their best to avoid the rift as they can; they'll actually recognize the tell and attempt to run away or stun themselves.

I tried to grab him but I kept touching the ground and gettting fucked

Not sure how helpful she'll be in BBI but I'll shill mine
PSN: DominusLuporum
Scather/challenger
Steel Will/Antler Toss/Dragon's Maw/Shield Drum
Bastion/Vigilance/Ferocity/Sinew/Prescience/Audacity/Vehemence/Impact/Clout

seealso looking for decent striders to take on my alt PapaPetrolPenny, I'm around level 25-30 I think?

Got them, ill send them away with weapon lv3

>reach his second form
>see him moving towards the center of the arena
>move to the outer edge and Come! to my pawns
>they all come with me
>one of the pawns gets clipped by the edge and dragged in
>the other two pawns who were perfectly safe go running in after him and die too
>use a liquid vim, run up, jump and try to grab his leg so I can whack him, miss and die
I know it's my fault but holy fuck this is frustrating
The rest of the fight is so goddamn easy but this attack might as well just be RNG

Can I still kill Ur on PS4? I went in and did zero damage. also it had only 2 centimeters of life bar left but all the hearts were glowing. what do I do here? first time killing this thing

switch to a bow using class and buy a maker's finger to instantly destroy a heart, which will kill it.

He will always move to the center of the room to vortex, it's fairly easy to notice as usually he is pretty aggressive and just suddenly stops. Pop liquid vim if you need to before hand and grab on before he starts casting. It's also possible to break him out of it at range with periphets and blast arrows.

AGAIN I try to grab him and I fucking miss and everyone dies
I swear to fucking christ there's just no collision for him when he's using this move

>not using dagger/shield
It's like you hate being the phalanx boss you're hilariously untouchable