/bfg/ - Battlefield General

Autoloading marksman still the best gun edition

>>>LINKSPLATOONSFAQ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6BrC7j7dHS0
youtube.com/channel/UCj2DEWI56Jn1kaQ0ELn7wQw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Jesus how dead is this general?

Also this game sucks, why is it required for there to be a fog/sandstorm weather effect EVERY FUCKING ROUND, And why the fuck doesnt any squad ever use a mic?

I'm glad I redownloaded BF4 to know how dead this game really is.
>crave some BF4 and download a 300mb Origin update
>Then download a 5 gb BF4 update
>Origin takes 3-5 minutes to load every time
>BF4 takes 2-3 minutes to load every time
>Finally get to server browser, all the servers are empty, except 2-3
>Try to connect to a full one 3-4 times
>Origin freezes or loses connection
>Origin and BF4 are both somehow using 2x my maximum bandwidth
>Join a server with 10 people in it, works just fine
>Try to join that server again when it is full
>Does the same thing, maxes bandwidth and idles/loses connection to EA servers
>Origin doesn't even display my games or anything anymore, it's just a blank screen
>Hmm, well maybe it needs to update... again?
>Leave Origin open all night, while it maxes out my bandwidth
>Get up this morning, see the same blank origin screen
>There's no progress bar besides the Windows one and it's barely a sliver
>Close Origin and reopen it
>Progress now at 50% magically
>No

Fuck Origin, fuck EA, and fuck you guys for continuing to buy this broken garbage

>operations update
>completely fucks minimap and icon opacity
That doesn't even make any sense.

TURNING TIDES SOON

this gun is so fucking useless at longer ranges because you can't steady the scope. how do i git gud with it

where you get that from?

and its hardly soon, i bet it'll come out sometime near Christmas

well don't use it at range for starters

didn't the CTE make substantial changes to pretty much all weapons last month?

did they bail on that or is that coming soon?

roddit. and i think this means that we'll be seeing some of the maps on the CTE soon

>MARKSMAN variant
>has a scope
doesn't that mean that long range is what it's meant for

it should, but it doesn't. on top of it having a slow muzzle velocity making it very difficult shooting moving targets at range it's also a four shot kill after like 50 meters.
but between about 10 and 50 meters it's got the fastest ttk in the game, and the best from 0 - 10 if you don't count shotguns and the automatico

>And why the fuck doesnt any squad ever use a mic?
whenevr I've talked to people on this game, they've turned out to be complete fuckign sperglords and I've regretted ever getting on mic with them
Do I just avoid it altogether now
I've also gotten to the point of just always hiding the chat box altogether because of how unbearably retarded the community is now. There's never anything of value said in chat anymore, so why see it?

the least they could do to improve its effectiveness over longer ranges is to make it that you can steady scoped medic weapons

playing on PS4, i had never heard anybody use the mic in the game until i played the game for the first time in a month last weekend. over that weekend i think i was in 4 or 5 squads that had at least one guy actively using the mic.

bomparino

How much do you wanna bet the next DLC will feature cheesiest weapons in the game?

honestly what could be cheesier than the shit we already have

explosive and incendiary bullets
NIGHTMARE MODE: available only as microtransactions

>what could be cheesier than the shit we already have
If you thought the Automatico was cheese then pic related says otherwise. If they actually add that gun it'll be the BF1 equivalent of the AEK-971.

When are we getting an Asian theater in this WORLD WAR.

The Japanese were even on our side in this one.

Who else kinda hyped for the boats?

I used to be a huge boatfag back in bad company Vietnam days.

Guarantee you they fuck it up and make every boat like the torpedo boat.

Cool concept but utterly useless

but that gun has the exact same rate of fire, the same mag size and the same type of ammo the automatico has. how would it be cheesier?

Aside from the method of cocking the bolt, the OVP is identical to the Automatico right down to the cyclic rate. I don't see any good reason they'd even add it to the game.

I'm hyped

Selbstlader 1906 Sniper is the only medic gun you'll ever need

this. pinpoint accuracy, higher muzzle velocity and almost the same rate of fire

does the current CTE patch have the new weapon balance and strafing adjustments? I feel like downloading and trying it

don't bother, shit's empty. and not just figuratively. people eventually realized DICE doesn't use any of the feedback from the people playing CTE so the only point in playing it is to get early access on new maps or figuring out what dlc weapons you should unlock first

i am. i like going around in the y-lighter on albion and pretend it's d-day lol

The PBR was absolute bullshit and you know it
>mfw can't move 5 fucking feet without being mowed down by zero recoil dual machine guns with pinpoint accuracy from a mile away
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
Bad times.

still searching for answers as to why soldiers killed by explosions scream like they're falling off a cliff in a cheesy B movie. i would be fine if it was a rare occurrence, but it happens all the time

>still searching for answers
you got like 3 people who gave you the answer. its funny you autist

Why did bf1 mention bf2142 when i started the game today?

no it's fucking weird and disorienting

like, look at this shit. it's weird as fuck. you should be dead the moment the explosion happens; if you could survive the immense forces of the explosion, you definitely would be able to survive your impact with the ground. this footage is from single player, but my point still stands, as the mechanics are the same
youtube.com/watch?v=6BrC7j7dHS0
>all those unused uniforms/uniform combos we'll never get to see in MP

2143 announcement soon, comrade

ANZAC never, ever

thats what we were saying SIX years ago ;_;
really, though, it's just for the 15th anniversary of battlefield stuff they're doing

bump

Are there any events going on right now for the 15th anniversary? I haven’t been on bf1 since Wednesday. I really want to come back already, but the 100% completion autist in me wants to stay on the evil within

What’s /bfg/‘s favourite vehicle?
Mine is the barrage bomber

that's always fun to play with. also, on the subject of bombers, how the fuck did they not include the handley page o/400 as the British bomber in the game. that's a fucking iconic plane

I honestly just love being a gunner in a landship
otherwise I guess the FT because it's cute

am i good bfg?

how did you feel when they added the lance

>only .9 kpm with the shitgun
No. No you’re not.
You’re alright

bamp

Getting kills with the Selbstlader 1917 Optical is going to be harder than I initially thought.

I got most of mine in one round on monte grappa
try using less magnification instead of more
also fire slowly

Is this one of those annoying things where the game recoil doesn't reset in line with the visual recoil?

Probably
I did shitty with that gun until like 5 games in when it finally clicked and I started actually killing people.

mortar truck

Do you die a lot in the FT? Or are you one of those that hides behind a hill all match?

I'm not very good but I love the fighter plane, dogfights are my shit

i haven't even tried the lance yet

It’s fun to use. I just wish you could use it off the horse too. Like being able to do a bayonet charge type thing only with it

>cavalryfag

Attack plane. Doing gun strafes on choke points and dumping a million grenades on them when you pull out is just too butifel. Bonus points for seatswitch kills on fighters.

MK IV

Has the balanced patch been implemented yet?
If not, when?

Tank hunter land ship.

Artillery FT

>a futuristic game
>after the shit infinite warfare got and the fact everyone is sick of them

i thought DICE did WW1 was for this exact reason

sounds like a user error

works fine on my machine

anniversary week or something like that until the 16th or 18th

the french maps are dead/dying :(

i got into a full server of beyond the marne the other day tho

here on Asia, it's pretty much dead

like 2 or 3 full maps in weekends

I die a lot in any tank because I like to fly to the top of the scoreboard by dropping supplies for the team

How bad are the service assignments for the DLC weapons? I don't want to buy Premium to grind harder.

spotlight st chammy

check this guy out. really good, no bullshit BF1 youtuber that frankly should have a lot more subs
youtube.com/channel/UCj2DEWI56Jn1kaQ0ELn7wQw

How often does the season pass go on sale?

replace the caproni with this plane for the brits' bomber plane pls dice kthxbye

reset your filter negger

torpedo bomber, squad support landship, and gas st chamond are some of my favs

>uses rifle grenades
what a fag

>mfw running frag/he rifle grenade and bandage pouch and watching niggers like you cry
running around noobtubing and instantly healing myself is one of this game's great pleasures

*rambo revives*

THE ENEMIES ARE LITERALLY A FOOT AWAY FROM YOU
HE LITERALLY JUST KNIFED ME THE SECOND YOU REVIVED ME
WHAT THE FUCK
FUCKING SHOOT HIM
SHOIOT YOUR FUCKING GUN
WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU STANDING THERE LOOKING AT THE ENEMY AND NOT FIRING YOUR WEAPON?
WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?}
HOLY SHIT YOU MASSIVE FUCKING IDIOT, ARE YOU LITERALLY RETARDED? FIRE YOUR FUCKING WEAPON
WHAT THE FUCK
WHY DID YOU REVIVE ME

where do i see the muzzle velocity of weapons
why is this stat not in the fucking game, it's so important to see when picking a weapon

symthic, newfriend

seriously, is that a bug or a hack?

what the fuck
it legit looks like a unique judo animation where he like, disarms you and throws you from his back

Field Gun

This

looks like counter stabbing is back :^)
>yfw even from behind

Liu rifle, nigga

I wish I can play BF3 like the very first day. ;_;

Hey PCfags, was there ever an option to change the renderer from DX11 to whatever you wanted ?
Honest question.

yes, there was/is a DX12 slider

That's what you get for not shooting him.

Oh I'm on w7 stupid me

Not too hard. "Get 50 kills with X gun" or "get 5-10 kills with x gadget".

The harder ones took me 2-3 games if I just focused on getting the assignment.

The worst ones (in terms of difficulty and overall shittiness were probably the sniper/support class weapons.

Loved the mosin tho

but I'm trying to get those trench fleur kills

>kill 2 planes with LMGs
But yeah other than that they aren't too bad

what about 15 tripwire kills?