Etrian Odyssey General

>Everything EO (References, Music, Art Books, etc.)
pastebin.com/cdfQmt11

>EOV
atlus.com/etrian5/
sq-atlus.jp/sq5/

>EMD2
sq-atlus.jp/sfd2/

EOV releases October 17th for NA (Digital for EU), November 3rd for EU.

Previous Thread:

This thread is dedicated to Bowlcutgoon

>EOV releases October 17th for NA (Digital for EU), November 3rd for EU.
Who cares? It leaked Monday.

did atlus shoehorn politics in EOV?

How necessary are ailments on future stratums? Just realized my team is barely capable of shitting any out and it's starting to worry me aside from blind, paralyze, sleep and petrify (kinda).

No

Himans rule the planet is all.

No, and there is no censored content either.
Just the usual shitty translation and shitty voice acting

Did you shoehorn politics into this thread?

Yeah, the final boss is a hellish abomination compposed of an amalgamation of millenials, Hillary Clinton and the head is György Schwarz.

I'm really missing Hexer in EOV. Debuffs, binds, ailments, fear. Every ailment or debuff class in EOV has some annoying downside.

There's no possible iteration of hexer that isn't utterly useless or horrendously overpowered. A class that doesn't do anything unless it completely trivializes a boss is horrible design, plain and simple.
You'll be having more fun overall when you actually have to interact with bosses as something besides HP bars with a countdown.

But I like to overpower bosses.

STOP HITTING MY BACK LINE REEEEEEEEEE

>start exploring closed doors
>get demolished

Okay...

I guess fear was a bit too strong but the rest wasn't so bad I think.

Which race skills do I need to get all the events in the game?

Also is it no longer necessary to form gathering parties in EOV or is it still a good idea

>he doesn't have a zombie waif protecting the entire team with balk ghosts
>he doesn't he have a manly dragoon pulling out bunkers from his Doraemon portal

>oneshots your botanist
Nothing personnel kid

>shaman, herbalist and rover
Nice no damage party

My self-insert is Dragoon and i still got fucked, fuck this fucking shitty cheating game.

Just get all of them really. They're useful for a ton of events that would otherwise give you ambushes/less exp/no items etc.

Literally click on your abilities, then

>Smoke bomb
>Buster Cannon
>Dance Oracle
>Target Arrow
>No damage
:^)

detect mana, animal care, night vision, reflex, hunting

>Lv10 lightweighted
>Lv10 Deft Strike
>Still get hit every other fight
RREEEEEEE
Also 4th stratum is so pretty

Good luck getting the second names in 1F.

Don't forget Brute Force. I believe Foraging is also needed for a quest.

>buster cannon without pugilist support
>smoke bomb as an actual damage source ever
(lol

No one deals real damage before second names

C E S T U S

Nene has no tits!

Nene's friend is cuter and more attractive than her!

It's one mechanic of the game but it's not necessary.

And if you really need it: The ailment inflicting consumables are actually useful this time around!
Most have a base chance of 60% - 70% which is not that much worse than class skills. If you have an Earthlain you can often hit with these things.

Without spoiling me anything, how long and difficult is the postgame, if any?

The areas behind the doors are extra horrendous this time around.

Those only deal damage during the demo. Fencers deal great damage before and after 2nd names.

Nene can dodge better.

She really is though. The braid+ponytail+ribbon is adorable and red armpit pantyhose does crazy things to my dick.

It's tedious telepor'ing.
Enjoy star child's evil test.

Overexertion thunder fist shreds everything that comes before you unlock second names. She pretty much solo'd the second stratum boss while everyone else cycled through their defensive unions.
Chain fencer also does good damage but you generally need to plan your party a bit more around them.

I wonder why Nene gets more art then.

Because she's a meme girl and bully bait!

Japs having shit taste is a natural law.

Seething.

How are Therian dodge fencers? Does LUC factor into any of their skills or is it all AGI?

Luck factors into evasion, therian fencer is for chains

Reflex herb or Delayed herb?

Maybe it is - stay with me here - because she is the cover girl.

I wouldn't do that.
Optic thrust is usefull, and ailment/binds really hinder fencers when they need to chain.

no way

2*AGI + LUC is what you want.
Therians are naturally two or three points above Earthlain.
They have one more AGI racial passive and a dodge +30 passive (which is not much at all - but it's something).
But Earthlain LUC also means they are less easily tagged by ailments - and leg binds and blind make you unable to dodge.

Also Optic Thrust is useful.

>Pugilists only deal damage during the demo
>The class that can literally one shot the sixth stratum boss only does damage during the demo
???

Big, if true.

>implying assumptions
Bobcut landshark doesn't get more art because of the cover.

The time frame referenced by that user was
- after the demo
- before second names

I still don't agree that Pugilists don't deal damage during that time just a clarification.

>How are Therian dodge fencers?
They're good! They deal more damage, and have slightly more evasion. The extra TP helps a lot. However, they have lower VIT, WIS and HP which means that they WILL die in one hit if they actually get hit, and their lower LUC means that their Optic Thrust is far less potent, and abilities that inflict status ailments (which largely cannot be dodged) will have a much higher chance to inflict successfully.

Overall, Earthlain are better, but not by large enough a margin for it be significant. If you have ways to handle status ailments on your party members and don't plan to use Optic Thrust, Therian should be better.

You blew it, there's supposed to be no comma

>her name is Firm Napier
>and her sister is Branch Napier
user, pls

For-Chan is the true cover girl and everyone knows it.

No, there's not.

Edie is firm, alright.

EOV might actually be the only game other than EOIII to interest me in making reserve guild members other than for gathering or endgame content.
This is an overwhelmingly good feel.

Stop posting Nene

>u2 makes you map holes and water (instead of walling them off) to not have perpendicular walls
>if you do this in 5, those walls will appear anyway
>IF YOU DON'T THEY STILL APPEAR IN DIFFERENT AREAS

I'LL FUCKING KILL WHOEVER CAME UP WITH TUTELARY FOREST'S DESIGN.

It really is great. All the classes are good and most of the skill trees are useful. A game's doing something right when it makes you actually want to try out different playstyles from the start.

Same here. Feels good.
It might just be because I've thought about the game so much in the past few weeks without being able to play it, though. Always played the other EO games after release.

Olè~

>those walls will appear anyway
Huh?

count the arcing roots as water and it's good

Drop the gun

>Nene has no tits!
Nene has huge tits. Just watch the

F
L
A
T

>memesetups

So I wasn't around when the leak dropped.

Anyone have a link around?

Click backwards through threads until you find a mega link
It's a secret to everyone

She's still growing.

Christ, that's so obvious I forgot.

Thanks m8y

Anyone have the picture of her holding a cloud

Can someone tell me how you're supposed to hit 50 times before the enemy with hell slash/sanzu?
I know barrage pug can hit a lot but you need some stupid luck to get 5 hits with lead blow and that's not even half the number of hits max hell slash/sanzu requires.
I don't plan on building a 4kat team but I'm curious.

>Use Rover
>Have to use Whistle in the Labyrinth
>Effectively cuts TP in half
>Wolf vanishes after I sleep so I have to use half my TP to summon it again
fucking why

Hell Slash hits 3 times for each katana, so 12 times at most.

The easiest way to hit x times before the enemy does is to not let the enemy hit.

I think this is actually one of my few gripes with EOV thus far, characters with summoned units have to pay such a heavy TP cost to summon. I mean, the Dog will pay for itself in a few random encounters with its passive healing, but still.

to balance out their usefulness that comes at no TP cost

Wtf is wrong with the Golem, seriously. I beated the big one after grinding the hell of the labirinth but then I had to kill the other five mini goilems, with all my party without AP or items, I died, this is bullshit

I never played those eo games
because shitty run strong monster chases you bs

Does this one also have this

food

12x max.
Leading Blow hits 5 times with a fully bound + statused enemy, which isn't hard to achieve with an Earthlain Pugilist and a Celestrian.
Two Pugilists hit 5 times for 10 times total.
Each other party member hits twice.
Every hit is used up before the opponent moves, which is irrelevant because it's fully bound.

Pugi/Pugi/4Kat/Shaman/Filler is the cookier cutter Sanzu team comp, and it's been decried for trivializing the game with good reason. I highly recommend not running it on a first, or even second playthrough.

>to balance out their usefulness that comes at no TP cost
>costs TP to summon them

Because animals are pretty stronk, especially the dog. It's heal is 5 + 15% maxHP so it is always pretty useful.

You can also equip a TP accessory, go to sleep, summon the pet, equip your real accessory - even if maxTP falls, your current TP stays the same (unless it is above the new max, of course).

You can also regain the TP by eating eggs before important fights.

Sanzu follows chains, so a good chain party can double its effectiveness that way.

Yes, it's a main feature of the series.

Shit, that's actually a good idea. I'll do that from now on.

If there are more than two golems walking around there is something wrong. You should be able to prevent four of the six mini golems from ever reaching you.

I knew Golem would be a winner.

But even so, everytime the boss calls for new golems they appear in pairs, so in the long run is the torso vs 5 golems

Holy shit EO5's boss battle music is beautiful. A thousand times better than EO4's, and just a little behind EO3's.

It has been a while but I'm pretty sure a spawn can not give a new golem while its golem is still running around.

Do copper ingots have any use after the first stratum? I'm really tempted to use those already to to upgrade the FOE weapons. I absolutely loathe fighting Toxipedes, because my team doesn't have any reliable way of dealing with status ailments yet.
A hit+poison tick is a guaranteed kill, unless I preemptively heal with the human racial.

Copper ingots upgrade any weapon by +1, silver does it by 2, gold by 3. They remain relevant for the entire game.

My party is
1kat / Impact pug / Cannon dragoon
Shield Dragoon / 420 smoke botanist

It works great for FOEs and bosses but the poison from the botanist is starting to fall off and it only targets one line. Is there a big fuckoff aoe one of my character can use or should i keep one shotting stuff that isn't poisoned on turn 1 with my 1hp pugilist and titan killer?

You can upgrade even late-game weapons with them, but you're going to have too many anyway son I don't see any point in keeping them.
Just upgrade to make the playthrough smoother.