/dsg/ Demon's/Dark Souls General

Still can't figure out how shields and the stability stat work: >READ ME BEFORE POSTING, IF YOU'RE NEW
pastebin.com/Txe190aw

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/
soulsplanner.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub
>Full Soundtrack
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B66vvDQ_rAMyS29wdTR6ajZsczQ
>Useful PvP data
docs.google.com/document/d/1eKXbdEr6jnTG5DcMQX2qcMlsmYQ8hO6Sl3-sySYpHR4/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general: >KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

why does gwyndolin moan during the aldrich fight?

STOP
PLAYING
STR

Who is the best waifu in Dark Souls and why is it Vordt?

Ah hells bells, cheers anyway lads. 1 FP every 3ish seconds isn't too bad though, that's an extra great deep soul every, like, 28 seconds

why does from hate fun?

no
i need it to carry the biggest shield i can possibly find

Well maybe I do

No way, fag. After years dealing with underpowered strength and overpowered dexbabby shitters in the original Dark Souls, I will NEVER EVER use a dex weapon.

Umm sweetie, because you're playing Melee Souls 3: Prepare to Roll Edition

>not having 66 str and flattening the dexshitters

I just want to get the most out of my fp bar ;_;

Speaking of, how did From miss the opportunity to have a health to FP spell/WA?

His theme is some of the best

>not Straight Swords 3: Roller of the First Sip

Because it would be underpowered, since if it wasn't people would just
>Health to HP
>Heal spell
and repeat

>knowingly handicapping yourself
>total faggot
>terrible
KYS. Top tier paladin fashun
He's literally eating his ass

That would've been nice. Or just having any sort of FP restoration spell. I'd always like to see more useful utility miracles, especially since all the obligatory heal miracles are always fucking useless.

>wanting to be a virgin paladin
>when you can be a CHAD spellsword

>He doesn't PvP at SL 90

>not R1 Souls 3: Prepare to Circle Button

Everyone keeps telling me that between SL80 and SL120 is a dead zone of nothingness

It's The Rotten

From personal experience, it's not
and 90 puts you just out of range of invading 120shitters

>not an uberchad faith pure caster

>2011+6
>darkmooning STILL doesn't work properly

Not 2-handing the Murakumo and abusing the weaker dexshitters, swapping to a dagger and abusing the big boy babs, the LKLS for upsetting trademonkeys and the shortbow for frustrating casters

And then posing with the Frayed Blade for maximum edge

Yes and no. I mean think about it, if you put it at the very tip top, like a 60+ INT cost it'd severely hamper anyone wanting to use both it AND have the healing spell strength required to not die from abusing it

Hell if we'd ever actually gotten a Londor DLC it would've fit like a glove, the secret art of bending your own lifeforce for more power is right up hollow alley

>levelling faith
>ever
It's like you want to gods to know how much of a virgin religious zealot you are.
Real chads level INT, and become enlightened from not having to rely on the gods to help them.

>Dark Miracle that replenishes your FP at the cost of HP

wait what i didnt mean to quote

See as nice and reasonably lore fitting as it'd be for it to be a dark miracle with a FAI requirement, it'd also be harder to balance

As a dark sorcery that transmutes life energy into a more raw equivalent in FP, you don't have to worry quite as much about balancing it around miracle strength since anyone with the INT high enough to cast it would either have FAI too low to get full power heals or have no other stats

Yeah, that would make more sense.

How many stacks of WoG you on, senpai?

>get invaded by someone
>wait for them to do shit
>minutes pass
>decide to ask him if he's lost
>turns out he doesn't know the area he invaded
>tfw had to give the invader directions just so we could fight

Turned out, GDS is really fucking good in PvP. It grows in velocity the longer it travels and can home on you even from behind, making it a pain to dodge GDS spam. Not quite as good for roll punishing as GFD, but deals so much more damage it's not even funny.

Something that annoys me about invading in DS3 is how where you spawn seems to be random, whereas in DS1 where you spawned in a level was always determined by where you were in your own world when you used the REO. So if I invaded in AL and I was standing in the main hall of the cathedral, I knew I would always spawn at the steps right before O&S. And if I invaded while standing near the bonfire, I knew I would always spawn at the balcony right outside. Whereas in DS3, every time I invade, it's a goddamn dice roll.

*tips pharris hat*

It's a matter of convenience. You spawn near the host so that you don't have to run around looking for him.

How horrifying

>Turns out

Oh buddy, we could've told you that months ago

You don't think people level Aldrich for the staff do you?

now actually build that and get it to NG+4 for the WoGs

If you invaded in DaS1's prime you got spawn killed 80% of the time. Randomizing spawn locations is good, but I hope they let you choose where to spawn yourself similar to summons in the next games.

>*tips ears of shame

I don't think that's actually how it works. I can't tell you how many times I've spawned by the archers in Anor Londo to have to walk all the way down to the area right outside the bonfire after Pontiff. Or all the times I've invaded Profaned Capital and had to run around looking for the host, like spawning on top of the swamp building to have to travel back over to the bonfire, or vice versa

I thought people did that because they like to gank on the host, or are generally scummy

>spawning on top of the swamp building to have to travel back over to the bonfire
Is that even possible?

Would doing such a thing legitimately honestly make it okay?

But it's just as randomized from the host's POV. There are a handful of set spawn locations in each level. It's just that before you (the invader) had a choice of where you wanted to spawn. I've been spawncamped more times in DaS3 than DaS1.

DaS1 had some bullshit invader spawn locations though, like invading Sen's and spawning on the rafter that forces you to take some chip damage to get down.

I just started DS1 and i think it's bugged, i can't warp back to firelink

>choosing between faith and int
>not choosing both
the true demons souls starts here!

We call that Pyromancy

i want to hugg the emerald herald

>Would doing such a thing legitimately honestly make it okay?
no, wrath spam is filthy and you should feel bad.

but it -is- dark souls...

Can Forlorn invaders spawn more than once in the same location? 2 of them invaded the first time I was going through each area but I've spent 2 hours trying to get them to appear to no avail.

Yeah, if you enter the 2nd floor of the swamp building, the back of the room leads to a hole you can drop down and get to the same general areas as the structure the bonfire is on.

Although invading Propane Capital is a fucking pain in the ass. Let's say you invade and spawn at the swamp house, and the host is actually over on his way to Yhorm.

You have to double back to inside the house, then jump down to leave the swamp area. Then climb up a ladder into the circular structure. Then climb up another ladder to where the bonfire is. then climb down ANOTHER ladder, then quickly ringswap to the cat ring and jump down the shortcut near where the fireball-spitting ladies in white are, and then MAYBE you'll have a chance of catching up to the host before he enters the fog

guess I forgot about dark souls 2. replace faith int with miracles and sorc.

True gentlemen call that Hexing

I'm not certain how the spawn location system works, but you almost without exception spawn at least in the section of the level that the host was in when you invaded. Some level sections are bigger than others, and all have multiple spawn points.

It's most obvious in the Cathedral, which has seven zones
1. Cleansing Chapel and Graveyard
2. Rooftops
3. Cathedral up to Deep Accursed Room
4. Cathedral up to second Giant
5. Deacons, Cathedral Knight Alter, Patches' Balcony
6. Rafters
7. Valley below Graveyard

When you walk into any one of these areas and use the REO, you tend to get matched with somebody who is also in the area. If you fail to invade, you can walk to a different area and use the REO again and you'll probably succeed. The Rooftop section actually counts the upper Rooftops outside the Rafters as the same section, so often you'll leave the Cathedral from the Rosaria bonfire to get to the Rooftops area, use the REO, and invade a party who are on the upper rooftops and basically inaccessible to you without sprinting across the entire level.

The game tries to put you close to the host, but not so close that you can be spawn-killed, UNLESS you invade into the world, and then the host rushes forward and gets to the spawn location the game chose for you before you finish loading in, at which point you'll spawn directly in front of him.

Some of it is a little weird, but it basically functions as it is supposed to. It's a lifesaver when you're invading at off-peak times, because if you invade the Cleansing Chapel Area until there are no hosts left, you can walk through one door and invade Cathedral P1, then walk through the other door and invade the Cathedral P2, then go up the lift and hop out the window to invade the Rooftops. Four different areas within 10 seconds of each other.

Is there any place I can learn more about "super counters" and exactly what state this cathedral knight is in and exactly what causes it?

As far as I can tell it only seems to happen if I raise my shield during a specific and very small window. Does anyone know where I can find more information on this?

I've been staying at sl 85 on my str build and it's great. Get instant pontif duels and alrich summons and also instant invasions in the archives, untended graves, arch dragon peak, and the dlc.

>No Grant for that WotG R2
STEP IT UP

There's a spawn location like that in Demon's Ruins, where if the Host hasn't broken an illusory wall, you have to ringswap to catring if you don't want to take damage and alert everyone to your location.

Demon Ruins in general has some janky spawning and area boundaries, and I think it's because the intended route through the level takes you through the Old King's Antechamber before the Demon Ruins bonfire and the spawn locations account for that, but in my experience 90% of people kill the Sandworm first. This leads to silly scenarios where you spawn into the world and the entire level up to the Old King's Antechamber bonfire has been cleared already, but you still spawn in the cleared section because the game is trying to put you ahead of the party.

Hey guys, I'm going to Gavlan's, you guys want anything?

Yo man can you pick me up some hexes that are actually worth a damn

yeah bring me some moss ive got an infection in my knee from an arrow. don't know if i'll be a guard much longer.

Some of that Gyrm ale pls

>but in my experience 90% of people kill the Sandworm first.

Yeah, you're probably right. On my first playthrough, I ran from the worm and ended up falling down the crumbling floor to the bonfire, and I'm sure most other people did too, but on subsequent playthroughs you find out you can easily run past the worm to the bonfire right outside the boss fog, and you also find out you can get the ballista to kill the worm for you

buy poison arrows for shrine of a*ana

Yo can I get uhhhhhhhhhhh a wheel?

heh

I killed Gavlan my first time playing the game because I just thought he was an enemy and attacked. DaS2 has a bad habit of using enemy models for friendly NPCs. >19016 ▶
>
> heh

>using enemy models for friendly NPC
huh?

My first playthrough, I noted the ballista, saw the giant worm, and put two and two together and figured it was just a gimmick.

Str or dex for pyrk/melee looking to eventually be dark/pyro/melee

>tfw have killed the Mad Warrior 6 times
>only drop has been the mask
for fuck's sake

rate my blind old man

>DaS2 has a bad habit of using enemy models for friendly NPCs.
Haven't you played DaS1?

>not old sage's blindfold
one fucking job user

27/18/30/30 last I checked was the best, less dex is required is you don't want the AGS/LKS

Come on dude. He's blind. He doesn't even know what he's wearing

Appreciate it. Avoid ugs?

Have you done your bit to remove anime from Lothric today, user?

Undead Merchant at least had a different character model compared to the regular hollows but I still ended up killing him without knowing during my first run. The only surefire example I can think of in DaS1 is the giant blacksmith,

All DaS NPCs have unique models or the player model as far as I know.

Eingiy, I suppose.

>mfw seeing someone in fallen knight armor with a katana

For weapons that can be dual-wielded, do you get a strength bonus when doing that like a normal weapon that you press triangle with?

Alvina, Eingyi and Elizabeth are also in danger of getting slaughtered.
In DaS2 NPC can be respawned after a while.

I backstabbed some Farron Autismsword fucker off the Carthus entry hall ledge. He didn't spin because he didn't even get a chance to move, but let's be real, we all know what button he was going to press. We know how these fuckers operate.

It's really up to you. On on hand the AGS weighs next to nothing for the damage it does which is always good. On the other hand the Zweihander requires much less stat investment (11 DEX last I checked)

Also worth taking into account is exactly where you'll be getting your casting speed from. If you only have the regular sage ring and don't want to rely on the bellvine you'll want higher dex. But once you get the upgraded sage rings you don't have to worry about that

Which NPCs from DS2 are we talking about? I don't remember any having enemy models.

>Stone Greatshield will NEVER have weapon skill

its hurts

Gavlan has a cup and Baws Weapon Waifu is unique as well in DaS2.

>le autistic french vandal face

doesn't work sadly, the forehead clips with it, same with the beard

Gavlan might as well be considered an unique model as the enemy versions of him are encountered way later in the game.

I'm considering doing a Farron GS build, going out of my way to use the entire moveset except for L1, just to throw people off. They'll never see it coming.

Unfortunately, that just gets you parried because it's basically just a 1h UGS.

Battle Axe, Bastard Sword, or Gargoyle Halberd?
I'm new to this game and I'm wondering if I should keep upgrading my Battle Axe or switch to one of the other weapons.

At least I'll be original.

EZ PZ, get fucked Midir

Only Soul of Cinder left

I'm pretty sure that given the age of the game you'd not be the first to think "Well if everyone says the L1 moveset is easy to parry, I'll just use everything -but- the L1s"

noice

Yeah, ng playthrough. I was a big fan of the zwei though.
Prolly just do sage. I think Google says I need 10 dex for casting cap with +0 sage?