/ggg/ - Guilty Gear General

Robo Ky soon Edition

Previous thread: Beginner's Guide: docs.zoho.com/writer/published/3s2nhd0dcc35f4f504b4f91707d369ee87b9f

Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/guilty_gear

Make lobbies, have fun. When making a lobby, please mention region, platform, and how long you plan on keeping it open. And don't play on wifi.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v4kqKSCEcfE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Eat your hamburgers Ram

jack o is a slut

boobeh

I already told you, we must take her virginity by force, run a train on her.

Good norning /ggg/

cuck kiske

More like Sol Cuckguy

uuuUUUUUUUUUUUUM SOURCE?

The cuck meme is way old and busted by now.

So fuzzy guarding is a way to block both high and low at the same time? I'm like completely new to fighting games and have been working through the mission mode.

I have no idea.

You don't actually block high and low at the same time, you just sync your high or low block to the timing of the mix up options.

They can call your fuzzy guard out too, so watch out. For example with Ky's high low mix up you do:

low airdash>j.S>j.H>etc as the high option

and for the low option you do: land>5K>c.S>etc

It's quite hard to fuzzy guard this mix up anyway but Ky can also do 2S as a low option. The 2S has a longer start up and so it delays the low option, this can beat fuzzy guard. You beat fuzzy guards by delaying high low options or by just doing a different sequence.

Good afternoon from the US East Coast.

Jam/Sin-user here. Sorry if I was a real downer last night. It just occurred to me that last night was the first time in years I've stayed up until 1AM to play video games. And while I'm not an old man, I'm also not 19 anymore where I could just stay up until 4AM playing fighting games and not have it affect my performance. Don't worry, I'll make it up to you guys with extra spicy & sweet sauce on the fried rice later tonight.

god I fucking hate Jam, her retarded voice and playstyle FUCK

You mean May

You mean your character.

You hear it you lose.

How could you hate I-No's voice?

>tfw your character turn out to be my character
I played myself.

You're in the club and this loyal soldier of Zepp flicks your girls ass. What do?

I fail to input my jump in time and get pot buster'd.

Jump backwards and block in sheer panic

scrape her off the walls for the funeral I guess

What girl?

It's time for BALLS

I pray to god that after his YRC he does a backwards megafist

How do I I-No

I love Elphelt!

Knockdown into note or safe jump, repeat.
Use j.H and her huge air throw range to control the skies.
Try not to hover directly into 6Ps.

>page 10

benis

So if I fight may, should I just never jump or come off the ground? It feels like whenever I do I just get barely clipped by a stray anchor and then I'm crumpled in a bloody pile in the corner.

US West Coast PC Lobby!
ID: vem6
Will keep it open for around an hour or so, depends if something comes up.

is blitz shield the unga replacement for slashbacks?

If Millia does her green ring thing and then rolls behind you, do you have to change the direction you're blocking the ring in?

uh obviously?

yeah, always block by holding away from the other character

not at all

When's Paradigm

Like said you are always supposed to block away from the opponent regardless of where the thing you're blocking is located. Several other characters also do those projectile oki crossups. Sol with gunflame, Venom can do it with his poolballs, Dizzy with her laser fish et cetera. So try not to focus on the projectiles but instead just keep track of which side the opponent is on.

any ec lobbies open boys?

The Saturday evening ECPC room is now open. I'll keep it up as long as I can. C'mon in and have some fun and the /ggg/ famous Double Puffball Dinner Combo~!
Room ID: q17i

Anyone wanna play on PSN?

Is /ggg/ in bed already

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

real snooze hours

There are still 3 spaces available in the ECPC room. C'mon in. I hear Jam's about one drink away from showing us the fabled Jam Install.

I bet everyone's out clubbing or some shit.

So how many characters in Rev 2 DON'T have some kind of lingering wakeup projectile? I feel like almost everyone in the game has some kind of insane super-meaty fuck-you-in-the-ass oki option.

Jam
Axl
Slayer
Sin (unless with 50% tension)
Johnny
Chipp
Potemkin
Jack'O, kind of
Faust

Also May's and Sol's aren't really lingering projectiles.

helter yrc, zwei yrc, voltic, kunai super, trishula yrc, bomb bag

welcome to guilty gear

>helter yrc
Not lingering. That's a single hit. Other than the meter cost it would be not different from a physical attack and then RRC.

>zwei yrc
Same

>voltic
Already noted that unless he had 50% tension.

>kunai super
Forgot about that one. Same scenario as voltic though.

>trishula yrc
Same as shelter

>bomb bag
Debatable.

does axl have the worst oki in the game?

Not at all. That's probably Slayer.

they're all active for more than one frame and several are under yrc slowdown

lol kys slayer player, go watch taka shit all over the us gg scene with slayer oki from Ceotaku

?? I have never played Slayer retard. Axl has amazing option coverage with his normals and can keep you blocking very easily without leaving you a say in the matter.

do you even know what oki is?

oh lol you're just an even dumber Axl main lmao

It literally means attacking someone waking up.

There are no projectiles with 1 active frame, so by your logic all projectiles are lingering projectiles, including Baiken's 5D.

Most likely, but he has the range of Dhalsim and has counters, an unblockable, multi-hit projectiles with follow-ups and a DP. You just can't have it all.

>sparrowhawk unblockable
>rashousen yrc
>heaven can wait
axl is a faggot so it's fine.

then why the fuck would you think that axl is better at that than slayer? does axl have a iad/low/crossup off yrc projectile? does he have a throw invul meaty that's plus? an overhead that's throw invul and plus? a command throw that isn't shit?

>slayer has the worst time attacking someone waking up in the entire game

the absolute state of axl mains.

There's about seven people in the ECPC room right now. So they aren't posting because they're playing.

>does axl have a iad/low/crossup off yrc projectile
rensen
>does he have a throw invul meaty that's plus
6h
>an overhead that's throw invul and plus
6h
>a command throw that isn't shit
yes, on top of getting a full combo off regular throw

you're fucking retarded, at least half of slayer's options can be defended through option selects, and the rest is unsafe to instant blocking

>sparrowhawk unblockable
getting hit by this means you sat there and did nothing for 3 seconds, just jump and fd
>rashousen yrc
press fd honestly i can't believe this works on people
>heaven can wait
just bait it out for a free counter hit combo

i'm watching yosuke and i never see rensen oki and only 6h during pressure. and 6h regular hit gives shit reward. who do i have to watch to see this super sick open world axl okizeme?

no one? lol because he can do it doesn't mean he will always do it. i never see helter yrc setups either, and axl isn't an oki character at all in the first place.

axls normals are slow as shit and all of his options on wakeup can be reacted to
oh im not complaining i was just asking i dont like oki i like nuetral thats why i play axl
>rensen
he cant really cross up off of rensen he can iad or go low or high tho
>yes, on top of getting a full combo off regular throw
his command throw is pretty shit you can easily jump over it, or backdash it. It only really becomes scarry when he has meter and you have to guess if hes gonna yrc it or not. And he gets a full combo off of throw because the rest of his mixups are bad so he relies on thorw /blockstrings to open people up
>you're fucking retarded, at least half of slayer's options can be defended through option selects, and the rest is unsafe to instant blocking
im sure you can os axl stuff to and his blockstrings are also pretty susceptible to IB, and FD

>getting hit by 6h
its 23 frame of start up its slower then greed sever just ib and punish it

its because axl oki is more or less just j.s safe jumps assuming the axl wants to go in anyway.

>you're fucking retarded

youtube.com/watch?v=v4kqKSCEcfE

lmao, look at Taka run through the best GG players in the US with Slayer and all of his disgusting degenerate oki options. but I guess the highest level players in the US just forgot to use basic options like OSs and IBs, right?

i think there is one axl who plays kinda agreesive i forget his name, but i think it stars with an s

No, the better player won. If you want to see a game that's played by itself through a bunch of cover-all option selects and precooked strings then look no further than BlazBlue.

Axl user here Ggs to everyone in the ec room that i played. Baiken user you did a pretty good job at adapting i was having issues dealing with your parry bs. Since i cant run up throw cuz i fucking suck i got annihilated. Also, pic related goes out to jam and leo user for the IK disrespect i was salty as fuck

Taka is definitely the better player but americans are definitely not that good with dealing against slayer. That is their fault and weakness in the end.

Yea to the user who is trying to argue that slayer has weaker oki and mix up compared to fucking axl you aren't going to win this argument. Slayer's entire kit is built around mix up. Slayers always get his big conversion on oki and mix up while axl most get it off confirm in neutral. Every matches with those characters is like that

I love faust!
And please remember not to bully, it's not cool.
Have fun!

anybody up for a east coast ps4 lobby?

i found him its Shimonkin

Anyone know some frametraps for bacon?

GGs ECPC room. It was fun.
Also, thanks smirk for the Axl matchup experience. My masochism juice was running really low so I had to switch to another cab after awhile.

The ECPC room is now closed, thanks for stopping by everyone and ggs to everyone I played.

Also thanks for the advice wallet. I tend to mash a lot because on a pad I have no real idea whether or not my combos are actually coming out. While I've been meaning to switch back to a stick for a while now, I'm still working on ways to convince myself that my inputs aren't being dropped.

Pads are completely silent, when I used a stick I I'd use things like the clicking buttons and the feel of the axis hitting the stick to know when an input went through.

As far as block strings for Jam go, I've been looking at some footage of LOX's matches to learn a bit more of what I can do with Jam. In case it hasn't been obvious, I learn by touch and reading things like frame data or combo strings in text form is something I just can't do to learn. But if I see something and start trying to mess around to recreate it in training mode, I can start to learn it over time like anything else.

Either way, I've come to accept that my mentality when playing is fine. If I keep thinking in the terms that do not match my learning style, overthinking everything and end up being much too defensive and slow in a match.

It's a bit strange, but I can work with this. Thanks for the advice and thanks for the matches everyone. GGs.

are there any on discord
you played really well and crushed me for most of it which is embarrassing because its such a bad mu for ino. The only thing I can point out is dont get into a run with just holding down back because axl can do his command throw, has to overheads, and can get a lot of damage out of run up throw.

I saw your message at the end gear, just as I left the room. I think I need to lab more too, need some new punishes and for the pocket characters to not be so stunted.

ggs everyone

Yeah I think I'd do well with more time in the lab too. I mostly practice offline by fighting the AI on Maniac difficulty every morning when I wake up, but I'm realizing that doing that is more of a warm up technique than actual practice.

That's fine though, the last few days I thought it was some kind of problem with my presence of mind, which would have been a much harder thing to improve on. I've been playing GG for a long time, but it's also been a long time since I've been able to play GG.

When you have that much time between different points of your life where you played the game almost every day, you tend to start to remember things wrong and start to doubt what you're doing when comparing to yourself in the past without context. I've just never been that guys who reads frame data and makes calculated plays. Which is something I've forgotten until recently. I'm also realizing that being on the later half of my 20s means that there's just some stuff I can't do like I used to anymore, like practice until 4AM on a weekend and actually be able to do anything in practice past midnight.

Another hot tip, be humbled by visiting random lobbies instead of playing just in ecpc. It's nice having a group of people to play with but there are a lot better people out there. I know it's hard to stay up late but there can be some really good lobbies that other people can join after ECPC closes, I see bane and some others periodically in some EC/NYC lobbies.

That sounds like a good idea. For the past few months, the only people I've been fighting against have been you guys and whomever I end up being matched against in the GG Discord Tourneys.

Thanks man. I think I've fought like 1 axl before so I started out pretty clueless, haha.

That's a cute one.

>americans are definitely not that good with dealing against slayer

No surprise there when the twin ideas of "if you're new to a series pick a new character" and "just pick a top tier nigga" took such deep root.

u reap wat u sow.. *stars into the sunset as his scarf billows in the wind*

One thing you did that was really good was delaying your divekick move thing to fuck up my anti air timing thats a good way to get in i feel like. Also,i was retarded and misstimed anti airing your divekick thing like a million times

>americans are definitely not that good with dealing against slayer.
anyone who isn't japanese is not going to be as good at dealing with slayers because they don't get to play against hase, taka, and tanabata on a regular basis. uncalled for "le americans are no le good at le gg" memes need to stop

It's part of that

It's also has to do with psyche
Americans players get shaken up more easily than nip player and slayer is one character that is very very good at doing that and run away with the game. Nip are probably better at keeping composure because they play in arcade face to face all the time. They are more used to the noise and playing surrounded by people and next to the opponent. Taka got away with a lot of shit like double bite against american players and you shouldn't fall for that if you are at that level. I feel like american players take longer to adapt than japanese players as well. By the time they manage to stop getting wrecked by something, the match is already almost over.

And Americans are as good as japanese players in other aspect as well. If they are playing in their "comfort zone" and state of mind, they can go toe to toe with some top japanese players.

Baiken's divekick?

Assumed you were the ino player

boobeh