/rtsg/ /cbg/

Unreasonably handsome edition

Last turn STELLARIS
>Pastebin:
pastebin.com/YHdisqem
>Wiki:
www.stellariswiki.com
>The Development of Stellaris
www.gamasutra.com/view/news/274018/Postmortem_Paradox_Development_Studios_Stellaris.php
>Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

ENDLESS SPACE 2
>Official and Unofficial Wiki
wiki.endless-space.com
endless-space-2.wikia.com
>Community Hub
www.games2gether.com
>Planets Stats
imgur.com/w5RO8TH.jpg
>Ships Stats
pastebin.com/aabCNGau
>Horatio splicing guide
pastebin.com/1cH8sqEH
>Manual
cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/392110/manuals/User%27s_Manual_-_Endless_Space_2.pdf
>ES2 politics guide.
pastebin.com/pDUQDpwA
>Comics
wiki.endless-space.com/comics
>Soundtrack
soundcloud.com/flybyno/sets/endless-space-2-soundtrack
>ES2 prequel
www.games2gether.com/endless-legend/forum/6-game-design/thread/3572-the-last-flight-of-the-gray-owl

ENDLESS LEGEND
>Manual:
cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf
>Wiki:
endlesslegendwiki.com
endless-legend.wikia.com

CIVILIZATION
>Browser Civ Game, plays like civ2
play.freeciv.org
>Civ IV XML fix
www.dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
>Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE):
well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
>Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot:
www.multiplayerrobot.com
>Civ 5 Mods
forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
>Civ 5 More Mods
pastebin.com/5ANRmRur
>Civ 5 Drafter
georgeskleres.com/civ5/
>District Cheat Sheet:
civ6.gamepedia.com/District
>/civ4xg/ steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/civ4xg

ALPHA CENTAURI
>Essential improvements:
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements

MICROPROSE
>MoM
www.myabandonware.com/game/master-of-magic-21t
>Wiki
masterofmagic.wikia.com/wiki/Mod
>MoO 2
gamesnostalgia.com/en/game/master-of-orion-ii-battle-at-antares

DISTANT WORLDS : UNIVERSE
pastebin.com/hubsc3ZS

Other urls found in this thread:

civilization.com/news/entries/civilization-vi-digital-deluxe-new-content-free-dlc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for euphoric horatio sauce.

>people still falling for the simcity 2013 shitposter

I fell asleep on my keyboard forgot I need to make the new thread
Great Save, and great OP image desu

>entirety of game is about optimizing traffic flows
>actually simulating traffic is 'bad' because the morons who play those games don't have computers powerful enough to do the work

In ES2, do you choose luxuries to boost what your empire is good at or to cover a weakness? Assuming you actually get lucky with your nearby systems and have multiple luxuries to choose from of course.

Also, I played Necrophages in EL but I have a weird time with Craver pop control. Haven't gotten used to it yet. What are other factions good for early and constant aggression? Vodyani with their Arks?

Just don't respond.

i noticed there is a art deco DLC to skylines. Can you create comfy 20s/30s cities?

>Prethoryn pre-event happens
>Coming storm is stuck in mission log
>nothing happens
>years pass

they aren't coming are they

What do you guys think of Rogue Servitors in Stellaris? I sort of like the concept, but I think bio-trophy management gets too tedious after a while, especially after you conquer a new planet or integrate a vassal.

I think I wouldn't mind it as much if the sector AI had any idea how to manage pops, but it seems like they squander the tile bonuses with bio pops constantly.

vodyani are the only faction better than cravers at early aggression, you take your second or third ark and use it to siege down the enemy homeworld and harass their armies
as for luxuries, it's way better to improve your strengths than otherwise due to the abundance of % modifiers

Cravers, vodyani, UE in that order. Cravers get some overpowered stuff in their first quests and have a naturally higher fleet cap. Vodyani aggression is built in, but more about harassment until you hit an ark critical mass. UE can be tooled to be very strong militarily in their first quests and have the strongest scout hull, which is offensively on par with every other race's combat hull. You can avoid efficient shielding for a while and jumpstart military tech to get ahead.

>go to my NQmod group's google doc
>moved up two ranks since last month
it's the little things that make life worth living lads

craver scout hull is about as strong as UE scout hull, it's UE's colonization ships that have actual offensive merit, as they have a weapon slot and a defensive slot

>sorry wrong galaxy

If I own Endless Legend, should I get Endless Space 2? Are they at all similar?

No, but both are very good games.

No but they're both great
One is in the cosmos and one is terrestrial, yet intricatedly connected via lore.

ES2 is more similar to ES, but it still took a lot from EL

They have some similarities (very distinct factions, quests, minor factions, and obviously the lore). If you enjoy EL and dont hate space, you will probably like it.

congratz dude, how many people in your group? what kind of games do you play?

Endless legend does not have horatio, therefore ES2 is superior and you should buy it.

Bio-trophy management isn't that bad IMHO. Pick a planet with bad tiles and resettle a few organics there in order to get your morale up.

The real problem, as usual, is that it costs $100 to build a robot, and you have to do it manually.

Frankly, tile bonuses aren't that big a deal. It's planet-wide bonuses that matter, and you're encouraged to specialize. An energy nexus is only good if it's an energy planet. Assist research is VERY good, but only if you can afford to make a science planet (you can't, because each robot costs $100). With silos and mineral processing you can get ridiculous income, but only if you're willing to forego tile bonuses.

ES2 is more of a big picture kind of game compared to EL where short-term tactical decisions can make a huge difference.

About 30-40 at any given time, I'm currently in 9th place but I know I could be better if I had more free time to play. Mostly the games are 6 player FFA and each person gets one ban then free picks in a randomised order. We generally like playing with more powerhouse civs so drafting is less common.

So when is Civ 6 supposed to get a SE Asian Civilization?
civilization.com/news/entries/civilization-vi-digital-deluxe-new-content-free-dlc

How would you improve stellaris?
>remove pops
>remove tiles
>planets have sliders to distribute population between food, industry, energy, research.
>robots don't take up slots but free up population from food and industry to work in energy and research.

I, too, enjoy Master of Orion 3

>but there isn't all that much realism about one lane being completely filled while all the others get utterly ignored.
t. someone that never actually drove a car.

Give it another year and a half in full development

Are Machine Empires in Stellaris fun? What's the difference between playing them and doing the Synthetic ascension path?

>Bass Clarinet Intensifies

Oh aye? Ye wan'te be part'eh de heart? Or wil'ye choke on fyre an suck me greet woden tree dick? We unfollen wil maek haggis from yer entrails laddie.

For some reason my new games of Stellaris are starting with only a single pop on the homeworld. I have no idea what mod is causing this but it can't be right, even primitives have more pops than I do at game start.

Anyone know what might be doing this without testing all 200+ mods one by one?

So is Horatio a human with a weird genetically modified head or is there or was there a species almost identical to humanity that evolved separately because ES writers are hacks?

>200+
user, you have a problem.

NO I DON'T! YOU DO! EVERYTHING IS FINE!

Horatio was a deformity.
He believed he was beautiful.
So he went to the stars to perfect his beauty.
Then he realized that all should be Horatio to make the universe perfect.

>Using the multiple crisis mod.
>Materialists awaken, start dicking on the guy next to me
>This awakens the religious cunts on the opposite side of the map WAR IN HEAVEN!
>Synths going a little crazy oh shit IT'S THE FUCKING CONTINGENCY
>Fallen AI empire goes nuts because there's a contingency planet next door
>Contingency kicking the shit out of everyone
>The only other AE (Xenophile) awakens to fight them
>Join the League of non-aligned Powers, tell them to follow my fleet while I deal with the contingency along my borders and let the enemy run wild through theirs
>wtf do you mean subspace echoes?
>Scourge appear bang smack in the middle of the contingencies largest area (every cloud etc)
>Ramping my economy into total war mode to pump out battleships constantly and at a higher and higher rate, losing space and abandoning billions of people to their fates. I've let the other empires have their fleets back though.
>My fleet is big enough now that I can hold them back and I got the Ascension perk for more damage, but any attempts at going on the offense just get zerged by so many fleets I just can't withstand it without having to hide my fleet and rebuild it for such a length of time that they take everything back.
>Galactic power surge
>Oh fuck!

I'm having lots of fun though this is turning into some kind of 40k nightmare

mezari (human) trillionaire with weird genetically modified head and extremely long lifespan

Since Horatio is thousands of years old according to his comic, he may or may not come from a branch of the Mezari that went extinct.

He's suppose to be a Mezari like the rest of the UE, but he had a deformed head growing up that gave him a massive complex and after getting super rich he left for the stars by himself.

He finds an Endless biology lab, starts tinkering with his genes and eventually settled on making the whole galaxy look like him.

>talking scottish sapient trees whom can build spaceships and take over the galaxy
incredible.

>extinct
This means horatio prime brand sauce is rare.

>take over
It's called forceful befriending user

Frenchies truly are something else.

>amplitude introduces new faction
>rodents
>french accent
>talented chefs: +2 food per pop
>expedient retreat: +1 movement per ship on fleet when retreating.

>floating mathematical entities who come from a orthogonal universe to ours have the complete power over the 4th dimension and have geometric body parts seeped into our galaxy because of a rift in space time continuum

I love it

Plz help. It happening with all the empires, not just my custom ones.

Is there a phrase I should search for in my mods folders to see which is editing this?

Which game is better? Civ 5 complete or EU4 complete?

>endless space 2
What the fuck happened?

what are fighter and bombers? Why are beams 100% at all ranges?

Why are kinetics only short range?

who gives a shit about combat in a 4x?

>what are fighter and bombers?
New Additions to make support ships more useful and fun
>Why are beams 100% at all ranges?
huh? They aren't for me, Its usually 0% long- 60 medium% then 100% optimal at short
>Why are kinetics only short range?
Opposite of the above.

Kinetics are 80/100/100 opposite of lasers 100/100/80

I'm using the balance patch. I guess they are fucking with guns.
Kinetics 0/0/100
Lasers 50/100/50
Beams 100/100/100
Missiles 100/25/0

Beams are normally 0/0/100, no?

Oh god those number make no sense. I hope they really are just fucking with things.

>beams work at all ranges
>kinetics deal damage up close and defend against missiles and bombers
>lasers are ???
>missiles only work at long range
Makes sense to me. The whole only short range beams was stupid before.

In the last big patch they were changed to 0/50/100 to make them not entirely useless at not close range.

>EU4 complete
No such thing. Please buy the season for this year's DLCs.

>kinetics deal damage up close and defend against missiles and bombers
Is that why I keep losing against sophos fleets because they keep destroying my missiles midflight? fuck I need to see this shit in person, I usually autoresolve

Ah ok, haven't played in a few weeks. Beams being useless outside short range was pretty dumb desu.

Auto-resolve is the same as watch, it just doesn't load the graphics. Same math.

I realize that - but auto-resolve doesn't show my missiles being taken out, which is something I've been wondering why I kept losing my fleets against the sophos

>a dude who found a cloning machine so he built and empire of himself and now none of them are virgins

Beats a slightly different coloured humanoid with +10hp on troops, thats for sure

for

support ships were already OP
>have a calss with all support slots filled with +fleet movement, have 2 of such ships in each fleet
>now none of the other ship classes have to equip engines and still have a fleetwide ~36 movement without heroes
>other class with at least 5 red fleet-heal modules, at least 1 in every fleet
>now the fleet repairs to max for free after every engagement

Does that mod work with 1.8,2?

yeah it's fine

yes it does
go into the advanced screen when looking at a battle report, it will show pretty much every stat in the fight - including how much missile DPS was lost to kinetics and armor, as well as in what phases and for which flotillas

I don't know if it's really a city builder, but I need somewhere to vent.

>Second one had absolutely cringey "humour" filled with dumb references to pop culture
>Third one will undoubtedly be more of the same
>Will play it anyway since I'm so absolutely starved for dungeon keeper style games

Does anyone else know my suffering?

Nice, so any idea where I can torrent 1.8.2?

On the bright side Evil Genius 2 is supposedly in production.

Yes
Also dont bother with Dungeons 3
same Pop-culture reference shit the second game has The moment you contol the new "heroine" she goes "This Power is over 9000"and here damage is 9001

Honestly, I could never get into the first one too much. It's the fantasy dark lord thing that really amuses me for whatever reason. I liked the Overlord games for it too even though they're not anything like DK.

Yeah, I know. It's dumb but I don't know what else there is in the genre. WTFO was okay but didn't really try anything interesting or new (I actually think the "overworld corruption/destruction" thing in Dungeons is pretty neat and probably something like what Bullfrog actually intended to have in DK3). Plus the monster designs are all just original monster donut steels that are really awful compared to the original DK2 ones. Just look at the chunder compared to the bile demon.

that elf looks pretty hot

If we're going pure logic then kinetics should be something like 60/80/100 because a slug will fly forever in space unless it hits something. Range would just reduce accuracy not make it entirely ineffective.
And my problem with beams being 100/100/100 is that they sound meaty as fuck, but to be balanced they'd have to do next to no damage. Presently it's really satisfying to hear them start firing because they do the damage they sound like they're doing. And missiles have been fine. At 50 medium they're pretty poor at medium range if the enemy has any kinetics.
Then I can only guess they want lasers to be the crit machine given get lucky is medium for flotilla 1.
Going by these numbers I can already see what's going to happen. Missiles go back to being worthless because medium will be the new ideal range, whereas before it was all 3 ranges depending on your fleet build.

>whereas before it was all 3 ranges depending on your fleet build.
Lol what the fuck man?

What game were you playing?

endless space 2

So...did you ever trying putting kinetics on every ship, sticking them in the middle flotilla, and then picking a long range strat?

Because that killed everything else every time.

Now a "super good at long range weapon" like the missiles are super good if they are in a different flotilla, but if htey are in the same flotilla then you are in trouble.

I might go 50/50 missiles guns and pick close range with only 1 flotilla occupied. If they start in mine my guns will hurt them, and if they are in a side flotilla then my missiles out-damage them by a lot.

flotilla to flotilla is always long range.

Should you really be operating heavy machinery/weaponry in your dress uniform?

Pretty women in impractical military situations is old ass propaganda

Why can't I displace aliens as Authoritarian?

could be worse

>pops are less inclined to be authoritarian if you're a fanatic authoritarian empire giving them good living standards

for what purpose? who wouldn't want to protect the luxurious lifestyle given to them off the backs of slaves?

okay maybe a little TOO comfy

As soon as their material conditions are good, people start demanding rights.

is there any way to be authoritarian without slavery in stellaris?

As a beamfag who hasn't played in a while, this makes me happy.

add xenophobe because if you can't displace aliens as an authoritarian you can hardly be considered authoritarian at all

>remove half the game
>the other half stays broken

nice.

I like this concept, but stellaris is already too flawed to fix.

man I love this game. there really is no other RTS that gives a real feeling of being in command of a full army, navy, and air force. That has real super-long range artillery, and nuclear MAD mindgames.

why does it all have to be fast paced gook clicking with "theming"? and "clever strats" instead of just giving a full complement of combined arms units. muh immersion.

>endless space 2
what do vines actually do? Is it just a food bonus?

Is there a way to have Horatio's ability and not look like Horatio without fucking up everything?

>get two hydroponics options when upgrading the basic farm

Is anyone else having this glitch?

>Is there a way to have Horatio's ability and not look like Horatio?
For what purpose?

what's the matter, 2beautiful4u?

because his ships have awful layouts.

what is comfiest civ in civ 5?