>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Defiant Honor
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Bloodshed End

Latest Patch Notes
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Patches
>pastebin.com/aUkgEegD
>imgur.com/a/Cf4ca

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armour/weapons I don't want/use?
Check if you can donate any at the hidden teahouse for daily/clan rewards. Otherwise preferably disassemble them. You can also sell them to Tome or donate to Danjo at the Teahouse if you need a bit of extra glory or cash. Later on you'll be keeping them for Soul Matching, but don't worry about that until you get to NG+.

>The blacksmith is expensive, should I be using it?
You don't need to. Throughout WotSamurai and WotStrong you will constantly be finding better gear and builds don't matter so much. Soul Matching is expensive and intended for late game. If you do find a weapon you really like, try reforging it's effects using spirit iron, it's the cheapest and easiest way to improve a weapon.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armour and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armour/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.

Beta guide:
pastebin.com/VEHby7kd

Smithing text list:
pastebin.com/d4gaLiHk

Major new shit
>More than 2 item shortcut pages available! Buy them from Tome with patronage points, adjust how many you want in settings
>Abyss mode! How low can you go? Lower go'ers get better shit
>Can now play levels with specified friendos at the Torii gate
>Most weapons now have a strong charge attack and a mobile running/dash attack! Check them out!

What's the biggest odachi?
Should update that OP with smithing text google document

And it did not work on any 30+ bosses i did now

next thing to go;

100% reduced ele dmg
100% reduced projectile dmg

% reduced ele dmg
I would be crippled because I've had this since before way of the demon.
>100% reduced projectile dmg
Only just today got this so not wouldn't mind that much.

So I just started collecting inheritable firearm reduction and CCD thanks to spirit stone huntress revenants. If I inherit these effects onto weapons and stuff, do the effects increase according to level?

No

They don't they will only grow 3 % with max familiarity so get 10%+ on every piece.

so the 15% ccd on the weapons here is actually suboptimal huh? in that case should i stick to rolling for it?

Most weapon effects grow 5% with max familiarity.

Is Fire really that bad of an element?

Not if you have sakuyahime grace.

I'm planning to get this game, I really enjoyed other games like DS and that kind of stuff so...How's this? similar to DS? pretty different?

as a status effect it's not tremendously useful, poison is better for tick damage and human enemies can shake it off with three dodges/rolls but a lot of enemies are weak to it as an element

so it's useful as an element but not as a status

similar in that there's bonfire-like shrines that act as revival checkpoints and you have to collect your remains upon death and lose them if you die without picking them up, but the combat is actually good
also no open level design, it's all mission based

>can't go past floor 30 because I haven't finished Way of the Nioh

fuck off

Complete the hundred eyes mission.

>mix Kagutsuchi and Sakuyahime
Where are the fire onmyo builds?

stop being a lazy faggot and do like a dozen missions total, if you cannot even do this you don't stand any chance in abyss

bampu

Can't remember: is there a progress bar for the Hundred Eyes mission or do I have to beat Demon King Revealed first?

Does anybody know if it's possible to have both elemental damage reduction and firearms damage reduction on an accessory? It's possible to have them on an armor at least.
You just need to unlock that region, omi or whatever it was.

I have the region unlocked but it's not there. I'll just do Demon King Revealed and find out

Progress bar. You need to beat about three missions after unlocking Omi. None of them have to be in the Omi region though.

Just in case somebody didn't know, always look for the boss enemies in abyss planes. Anyone of them can drop drop smithing texts.

did you got one from them being a ramdon enemy or like a final boss after a wave of enemies , cuz i have killed hanzo in the iga escape map like 20+times and nothing

Only from them randomly being in a map. I just got tengu visor text from Ashikaga Yoshiteru.

nue user here, long time no speak.

Would this be a decent Kusi to use for inflicting status?

>3 slots

So after you beat a boss in the abyss it adds +1 to a defiled item right?
But it only seems to update the item once you go to the next floor. Does that mean you have to beat 4 bosses and then exit to get +3 on an item?

Yes

Yes

>inflicting status
>caring about that in Way of the Samurai

>even with sarutobi and paralysis bonus on weapon some human bosses are basically immune to paralysis
yeah thanks TN

I know it's nue-user, but is it ever too early to abuse confusion?

no it is not, confusion abuse got me through everything up to wotd

It's just about time to abuse confusion because you'll never see it again in wotw and later unless you summon

i know i'm good without it but i'm still fucking pissed off about messing up with the updates and allowing my game to patch to 1.2

anyone want to make a torrent of 1.9?

>this autotracking crow/human nigger in the submission after Umi Bozu

Time to take this build to Level 80! Nothing I do damages him

>meeting your first tengu
The memories

i'm still fucking up some of my tengu fights because i get some ptsd flashback from my early fights with them

Is it actually hard for devs to admit doubling up attack with next difficulty was a mistake and actually rework defense instead of nerfing stuff that works? It's honestly baffling how the lighest set in the game receives just exactly the same damage as the heaviest one with all the "damage reduction" and whatever

I'm going full autism mode on them out of pure spite, i can easily kill any tengu now as long as it doesn't get some support but it feels so satisfying to overkill these winged fuckers, fuck them.

I found a way to take a break from this game: Fuck up in the abyss after hours of gathering defiled shit. It's completely my own fault but I still hate this mechanic with great passion. Fuck the abyss.

Get ready bitch because you're going to be seeing them like the game has a fetish over it

Is Lightning shit?

No.
It slows enemies down giving you much more time to whale on them and also making their attacks way easier to avoid.
Some people will even call you a shitter for using it.

no

water > lightning > wind > fire >>>>>> earth

Alright so I've beaten all the missions that require a specific skill to be leveled up, i.e. dexterity has to be 20 to do this mission. That being said is ninjitsu actually worth it? Should I just grab a book of reincarnation and dump my dexterity into magic? I get way more use out of sloth, devigorate, and lifeseal talismans than I do kunai.

>no new 2kats

holy shit why , the fucking odachi got like 4 new weapons , but 2kats just got 1 and its shit

Having a basic set of Kunai is good for punishing enemies that are running out of Ki but are far away. Also good to get single enemies' attention.
They have some neat scrolls like Quick Change, Suppa and Tiger Sprint that you're probably going to use at some point.

there's some god tier scrolls in ninjutsu, don't respec before you check them out

I'm starting to think original devs got pulled out after dlc1 and the later dlcs were outsourced by some B team, the drop in quality is hilarious, especially in dlc 3
That's because you're in training wheels difficulty now, once you hit at least wotd half the onmyo instantly becomes useless and after wotw most of the remaining onmyo becomes shit as well. Only onmyo which is somewhat useful in wotw and later is weakness, rejuvenation, sanctity, kekkai (can be replaced by sacred water) and elemental infuse talismans (have item versions as well).

>yata mirror with -1 to set bonus

damn, some of these accessories seem pretty crazy

gonna be tough time if you want absolutely perfect ones..

Eh, I consider the third DLC the best. Only thing it really lacked was a new weapon type.
DLC 2 was by far the worst in my opinion.

So how come the new cap for my equipment is 150. I can't get anything above that.

Then hurry up and move to the next difficulty.

What Mission do I have to beat to unlock higher rarity items? Demon King Revealed? Dunno why but the game was initially restricting my missions and difficulty, then at some point it just opened up and let me choose any mission.

They clearly barely bothered playtesting it with all the bugs, "just double up numbers lmao" difficulty and borderline ignoring weapons which's not odachi doesn't help either. Whoever approved fox+her amrita robot mission can go kill himself as well.

That's true for all the DLC though, and the first DLC was the most severe. Did you forget the first DLC had glitches that caused the game to crash, some people even supposedly got their saves corrupted.
What's wrong with The Last Samurai?

>first DLC was the most severe.
Not really, it at least didn't have placeholder or entirely missing names fitting with classic bugs (and yet fixing names took 2 patches while fast odachi got nerfed instantly)
>What's wrong with The Last Samurai?
I'm talking about the followup mission where you fight them at once and in tiny ass area

Does beating Demon King Revealed on Way of the Strong unlock the next difficulty? The wiki is fucking shit

the queen's eyes does

If I'm getting wrecked by a boss, is it viable to grind some stat increases or do they level with you?

The glitchy name placeholders are fucking localization errors. Even then, game crashes and especially save corruption are far worse problems. Have you forgotten that people were recommended to make a back-up save before going into the first DLC?
>I'm talking about the followup mission where you fight them at once and in tiny ass area
The area is relatively large though? I don't see it as any more bullshit than some of the other dual boss missions.

Bosses are static.
Stats don't matter that much though.

Thanks fampai

I don't know why the difficulty of The Queen's Eyes bothers you if you're trying to step up to the next difficulty level anyway.

skills matter , even if you were 50 levels above the difference would be minimal , just cast weakness , power pill/ carnage and you can kill literally everything

Thanks m8, I'm sick of dying against this cunt, I've been stuck here all week.

Which boss? I could use a laugh.

Hundred Eyes is easy as fuck though. Literally only his alchemy projectiles are a problem, and you can pretty much prevent him from using them if you hug him constantly.

i'm in abyss floor 600 something and i just realized you can auto-refill ammo

pls n-no bully
should I just stop playing this game alltogther?

Only thing that really got me in Queen's eyes was the Kelley Gang Bang but after that Hundred Eyes was pretty easy. He telegraphs really obviously. Only thing that's kind of a pain is knowing that it's around 170 levels above me and it'll be damage sponge maximus.
What. Like, the first time you run into the thing?

Hundred Eyes leave openings all the time so his health really isn't that much of a problem.
The Kelley clones can go fuck themselves. I always activate LW and take down at least one of them. Fuck fighting all three "fairly".

>What. Like, the first time you run into the thing?
I mean if I can't beat this guy, have I got ant chance of beating the game? Took me days to beat the BSB in Bloodborne too.

absolutely not, you keep going until you win

Do you just want me to come help? Honestly the whole stage kind of sucks.

Don't you fucking dare impede a new player's learning process, Jeffries. Don't make me put you back in the teapot.

Thats breddy legit of you senpai, I'm out of town for the next few weeks, never even thought about asking for that kind of help here.

literally keep shoving your sword up its butt until it dies

You guys are true bros, I expected to get shit on hard.

>using poke to the butt strategies on nue
>when it gets stunlocked to oblivion if you hit the face during certain attacks

I don't believe in giving up, but you should try to earn your victory alone. It'll feel all the more gratifying when you win.

If you don't directly want my help and would just prefer advice then this is the best I got. Whenever it stomach glows, hit it. It'll take out a good chunk of its health if you can land it right. Additionally a lot of its attacks have follow ups like you wouldn't expect. But generally a good flag that you need to move or dodge is that you'll see some particles start to form around your character. When it roars and summons lightning it always comes in threes. Don't ever get hit by the lightning on any of its attacks. I can't remember the telegraph, I think it's just another straight up roar, but there's one that comes fast enough to the point that even if you have Tokugawa magic pixel and survive the first one, by the time you're done staggering it'll have you dead.

Really it's not that hard but everyone has their own speeds.

How high can you stack received damage from attack (critical)? Can you become invincible in critical state?

Why would i bother going out of the way for nue when it dies from being buttravaged just like basically every yokai boss in the game?

in the abyss? I know you can do it after a mission.

i mean i've been playing the game for a while and i still didn't know that

You don't have to. If you're perfectly fine with not changing up your strategies then I won't force you. I'm just saying it's just as viable if not more.

So how long until they remove crippling headshot weakness from certain way too lw spammy bosses?

Neat

>shit grace
sorry for your loss

>kagutsuchi
trash

please do not post terrible /a/ memes

>tfw the most aesthetic spirit is the worst

why lads