/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (Speccy screenshot), operating system, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>Where do I get Nintendo games
OR
>Where do I get PS3 games
OR
>Where do I get 3DS games
OR
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Remember to submit bug reports or shit won't get fixed.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Super-Tinytendo-Raspberry-Model-Cooling/dp/B074JJRWHH/ref=sr_1_17?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1507991630&sr=1-17&keywords=raspberry pi
github.com/sysprogs/WinCDEmu/issues/9
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/SSF#Free_Virtual_Drive_Software
github.com/rexdex/recompiler
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Your favorite emulator is shit.

Vita emulator when

Fuck you

I agree.
I wish I had a better life emulator.

Genesis has no games.
Dreamcast has no games.

Sega was always a meme.

Who is Daniel De Matteis?

This is emulation related? No? FUCK YOU

Get out

Off to a good start I see.

Go fuck yourselves.

Of course it is.

Let's see:
Retard that always say the same shit = Retard trying to be funny = Retard saying offtopic irrelevant bullshit = +1, that is not helping by posting anything emulation related, just shitposting.

What's the best raspberry pi 3 setup?

What do you mean by "setup"? Hardware or software?

Hardware.

>complains about "non-emulation posts"
>with a non-emulation related post
Off to a great start.

Tell me about Fiora. Why does >she wear the wig?

Overclock it to at least 1.6 GHZ (using open case + heatsink), PS2 original/generic controller cover almost everything you can play. 32 GB card should be enough to hold your favorite games that run well on Pi3

yes

Literally any of the other SBCs that are significantly more powerful.

>"Do not touch those Sega Forever games," noting that they're "lousy emulation in a Unity wrapper".
wtf sega

It is terrible indeed, any other option is better

SBCs?
Damn. I was looking at this SNES lookin' case with a fan. Too hot? ( amazon.com/Super-Tinytendo-Raspberry-Model-Cooling/dp/B074JJRWHH/ref=sr_1_17?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1507991630&sr=1-17&keywords=raspberry pi ) and LoveRPi Black Anodized Performance Heatsinks.

Does the rpi3 require any soldiering on the amazon top pick for $35?

>SBCs?
Single Board Computer.

>Emulating on laptop with S-video port
>Decide to hook it up to CRT TV to try and get the original look of the game
>Display works fine until I try going fullscreen in the emulator, TV won't display the game at fullscreen and just gets a black screen instead
>Same problem occurs no matter what system I'm emulating or what game

Why does this happen, and is there any way to fix it?

XU4+Lakka

Great post, upvoted!

que

RETROARCH PCSX2 SOFTWARE ONLY CORE
WHEN
H
E
N

That would be cool, but as a realistic goal i wish the bettle saturn core were update with the last mednafen ss.

Go beg on patreon.

Not a donor, so i can only hope.

lol make it yourself

No.

lol then don't ask someone to do something and don't complain lol

No.

lol

No.

Fuck you

lol

No.

An entrepreneur

Bump

Any alternatives to daemon tools to mount cue and bin files for ssf?

Is CEMU toaster-friendly?

I'm trying to emulate xenoblade chronicles on dolphin. The game is running fine and it seems I can control everything except I can't target enemies on command.
I've got the controller set as a wiimote with the classic controller extension and I'm using a wired 360 controller. Pressing the buttons I have mapped for zl and zr or L and R doesn't work so I can't target the enemy here which isn't even doing anything so that might be a problem itself.
I'm new to this so sorry if I'm missing something obvious.

you can try ultra iso

No.

welp never mind that it started working
I hope it doesn't happen again because I have no idea what changed

Probably because L/R are analog AND buttons and you have to map both.

Try WinCDemu.

Don't bother github.com/sysprogs/WinCDEmu/issues/9

When will Byuu dump his obscure cart collection?

Maybe this can help
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/SSF#Free_Virtual_Drive_Software

If you are running light shit like Mario games, yes. I already tried them on a Pentium and its iGPU and they ran just fine.

is there a best game list? im looking for games either like Fantasy Life or Character Platformers (obviously aware of Mario series)

but that's piracy user!

> Doesn't support .mdf/.mds files. This is kind of a big deal, since quite a few of the Saturn's popular titles are only available as mdf/mds.

Who wrote this? Plebbit?

why no og xbox

Because some faggot redditor wiped an xbox dev PC kit

wtf I want an elephant now

same :-/

would you be willing to settle for a turtle?

shit, how can I emulate a turtle?

PS4 emulation when

dude... they only just got ps3 working well

Is there anyone even working on it then?

No. You should :)

ok i'll give a try thx

God speed. I suggest hacking into Sony development headquarter and stealing the PS4 dev kit.

I was about to learn C but this will speed things up, thanks for the suggestion user

why do people keep saying this shit? Nothing on it would have been useful for emu development. It's literally just a bragging piece that would have sat in some hoarders storage locker till the end of time. At least someone's getting some use out of it.

Even if it wasn't useful it was still historically significant.

>have a laptop with lakka but no bluetooth for DS3/4 controllers
>purchase bluetooth dongle
>four hours later still trying to get it to work
This shit is a fucking nightmare and a half.

>not running Retroarch and using SCPToolkit

github.com/rexdex/recompiler

Interdasting

Not really. RPCS3 is doing the same thing.

works in linux

What settings should I be using for Silent Hill 1 on ePSXe to make it not a slow, laggy, horrible-audio-stuttering piece of shit?

This is my first time playing Silent Hill and I don't want it to be ruined by these technical hangups bugging me the entire game

mednafen

what did i just watch

forks and branches

Retroarch's DNA, that's how devs programs. No wonder most of them are biologists that are also doing experiments like how feminine hormones affect the human male body.

That's not a setting :(

ah cool

Is Xenia doing any progress or it's dead?

PCSXR

We'd have vita emulator before 360

>Byuu
At no point do I distribute ROM images. The hash is all that is necessary for others to confirm they have legitimate, bit-perfect copies of games. This is all perfectly legal.

>At no point do I distribute
Either drump the roms or fuck off to 7chan's /sm/ and /fur/, byuu.

You are not the tranny

Don't listen to these dumpslumps, ePSXe is the best emulator.

yeah that's bullshit

It's still way jankier than it should be, though. Maybe it's just Silent Hill that's the problem because it's not nearly this bad with other PS1 games I've played with it but this one is all over the place with lag and stutter and sounds not properly playing.

Just mess with plugin settings and eventually you'll get it working perfectly. ePSXe can perfectly play more games than any other emulator, you just need to mess with the settings.

It's called "RPCS3".
I'm having a Deja Vu now.
And yesterday.
And the day before that.
And practically the entire past week.
Seriously fuck you, you fucking retard.
You already know fucking perfectly the fucking answer, so stop fucking asking the exact same shit over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

>What settings should I be using for Silent Hill 1 on ePSXe to make it not a slow, laggy, horrible-audio-stuttering piece of shit?
slow: If the game's slow natively and you want to speed it up, epsxe isn't for you.
laggy: If Pete's OGL 2.9 doesn't work for you, try one of the older OGL or D3D Plugins.
horrible audio: I never had a problem using the Eternal SPU Plugin.

Is there any way to ESC out midgame and change the settings and go back in like you can do with PCSX2, it's kind of a pain in the ass to try and figure out what settings might help by changing a single one and having to reopen the whole thing, the settings are always greyed out when a game is loaded

I recommend opening notepad and creating a list of settings that work for each game, so when you want to replay, you just refer to your list. Whatever you do, don't listen to the gorbergromplers recommending (((beetle psx))) or (((mednafen))).