/v/ The Musical V - Album Sorting Edition

Everything's over at Midnight in Alaska on Sunday. Step your game up and contribute.

>What is this?
An annual collaboration project where /v/ sings about video games. This is our fifth year of production, and we can't stop. We won't stop. We don't even know HOW to stop.

>First-timer's brochure:
docs.google.com/document/d/1d4xzW-_5QoVafWgdaXWOqJRng8bG4GXz8q_Ex5ohJO4/edit?usp=sharing

>How do I contribute?
Write something! Or look in the Google Doc for something to sing or edit. Album art is always welcome, too!

>Song Spreadsheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1loF2yfU6os--ZnfVO6nv4ndlcB1cXuWrfbh1O1l-TkM/edit?usp=sharing
>General Drive
drive.google.com/open?id=0B-h1sOOtAroOflhqZ3BpcHlGVG9jbXlheWgzbERFSW55NWNuVHVlY1djb2tzV1pZc1V2YVU
>Meta Song List
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1W2b2Rct6g6gZB74HolXL2_o_HvtUgBZyuZRDalzHJC0/edit?usp=sharing
>Art Folder
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B-h1sOOtAroOMnB4Y3dSVDdvd28?usp=sharing
>Bandcamp
vthemusical.bandcamp.com/
>IRC
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/#vmusical

Music player with latest songs:
vthemusical.stfweb.lv/

Latest videos: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAX8JHUJcFR2gh_WG3YJBITuO-tODVCcJ

previous thread →

Other urls found in this thread:

picosong.com/w3jFD/
picosong.com/w3Xa4/
picosong.com/w3XHq/
pastebin.com/3eadx9xz
youtube.com/watch?v=6_5O-nUiZ_0
youtube.com/watch?v=7prZpkgLnho
picosong.com/w3eQL/
picosong.com/w3VT4/
pastebin.com/pkmhD70q
picosong.com/w3VL8/
pad.riseup.net/p/albumsorting
picosong.com/w3jYW/
pastebin.com/y9zRp3Av
picosong.com/w338S/
picosong.com/w3crG/
youtube.com/watch?v=yR--stHqdNI
youtube.com/watch?v=EaWYvdKtyA4
picosong.com/w3VM8/
picosong.com/w3jPh
picosong.com/wwahC/
picosong.com/w3Vx3/
picosong.com/wwH6E/
picosong.com/wwAHr/
picosong.com/wwi7u/
picosong.com/wwHLE/
picosong.com/w3XbR/
picosong.com/w3j4E/
picosong.com/w3j96/
picosong.com/w3j42/
picosong.com/w3jLx/
pastebin.com/qxH0SKrH
picosong.com/w3jVE/
picosong.com/w3ckA/
picosong.com/w3jXE/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Actual previous thread: >

Whoops, prior thread is But yeah, we're sorting the albums. Post suggestions, change things around, make videos. You know the drill.

Another Hundred You's and The Re/v/olution pls

We also need album art. Specifically for Industry, Platforms and Vidya 2.

The current Album Sheet is a bit clunky, anyone have any objections about moving to a riseup pad? At least temporarily, so it's much easier to move songs around?

As we start organizing the albums, I would advise that we make sure each opening song has no unique art. Otherwise, that art will be used for the album as a whole on iTunes, such as how the HYPE album art gets used instead of the "Damage control to Major Todd" art

No objections

Pic related as Shillenium for Industry

picosong.com/w3jFD/
i love u anons

A day early for some, but I love you anyways, focks. Can't wait to see the new generation take the stage next year.

I tried to clean up Amadesu a bit, seeing as how we're lacking any other Druid album art. Just a few tweaks -- if the earlier version fits better, let's use that.

Yeah, agreed

maybe it's easier to get people to participate if i post a picture of me

>if you want to sing in it but haven't the time, the energy, the effort to do a whole chorus part, just do this last line and i will have you in it as long as you reply to this post
picosong.com/w3Xa4/
"There's a million things we haven't sung, just you wait. We are /v/ the musical!"

>if you have the time, please try to do everything in this clip.
picosong.com/w3XHq/
"Hello /v/ the musical / Waiting all our lives for you / Hello /v/ the musical
Just you wait x2
We, wrote for it. Me? Made art for it. Me? I bumped it.
There's a million things we haven't sung, just you wait. We are /v/ the musical!"

contribute to the re/v/olution, anons. post here or send to [email protected]

/roco

Focks you beautiful, beautiful thing.

Please release soon, so we can figure out where to put it

Hey, shut up you faker!

Otherwise, this is still unused from last year, to the best of my knowledge.

Are you Soe's little sister?
Would participate but don't think I'd do it justice and don't really wanna drag down a billion person project.

Oh sheit. Forgot to take off my memetag.

The statement still stands, I love you focksie-boy.

You're literally ruining everything by not participating.

I'm sorry, I'm picky with my song choices, can't be helped.

RUINING EVERYTHING ;_;

At this point I'm sure I'm doing the song a favor.
I'll have you know I've tried out for four(maybe five) songs already. Blah blah blah I don't remember the rest of the pasta.

I have a challenge: Record this before the musical closes:
Lyrics- pastebin.com/3eadx9xz
Original- youtube.com/watch?v=6_5O-nUiZ_0
Instrumental- youtube.com/watch?v=7prZpkgLnho

STOP THAT.

So apparently now we have two takes on Jump Spray
picosong.com/w3eQL/
picosong.com/w3VT4/

What shall we ever do?

L I T E R U I N T H I N G

SHUDDUP.
At least try to read the lyrics before judging me.

Gimme a bit.
>Here we go again
But only because you did the Sevastopol meme with me, and the demos for most of the songs I tried. Hopefully my shitty takes encourage someone else to post better ones.

AVAST, YE SCURVY SEADOGS
FROM THE TALLEST CLIFF OF THIS HERE ISLAND, WE HAVE SPOTTED SHIPS IN THE DISTANCE, MEANING OUR RESCUE FROM THIS SUNKEN SHIP IS NEAR, WHICH ALSO MEANS THAT I WON'T BE YOUR CAPTAIN FOR MUCH LONG
WHILE I STILL HAVE THE AUTHORITY, COMMAND, AND WHIP, YOU WILL ALL DO AS I SAY. AND, AS YOU HAVE ALL BEEN PRESSED INTO MY NAVAL SERVICES, YOU ARE TO SING FOR MY AMUSMENT AS I DROWN MY SORROWS IN GROG
THAT MEANS READING THIS, pastebin.com/pkmhD70q
SELECTING A ROLE FROM AND THEN SINGING ALONG WITH picosong.com/w3VL8/
AND PASSING IT TOWARDS FIRST MATE ROCO AT [email protected]

>anyone have any objections about moving to a riseup pad
Yes actually.

Okay, here we go - The Album Sorting Riseup Pad (tm)

pad.riseup.net/p/albumsorting

In its current state it's just the finished songs sheet pasted chronologically, so feel free to switch around how you like. Optionally, add a comment in [square brackets]

You forgot DLC.

and it's back

So where's the final Sevastopol version?

Just use the Google sheet. I don't understand why you need to go and do it somewhere else. The sheet is way more transparent.

Because have you actually tried moving shit around in the sheet? You have to add and delete rows constantly.

Plus, in riseup the change history is actually MORE transparent than in google docs, and it even has a chat to discuss changes

>what is ctrl+x and ctrl+v
And the google sheet has a history function and also has a chat. This just seems like one person wanting to take the reigns and suddenly moving shit elsewhere.

They'll put whatever order in the doc after they're close to something good, there's no issue.

picosong.com/w3jYW/

pastebin.com/y9zRp3Av

Looking for some people to throw some voices at me, either individual lines or chorus parts

>This just seems like one person wanting to take the reigns and suddenly moving shit elsewhere.

anyone can move anything anywhere on both of these websites. It's just easier on riseup.

Okay fags, we need to decide which version of "A Nine Point Five" do we want to use in the albums and which one goes to DLC?
All K version:
picosong.com/w338S/
K and Kiwi:
picosong.com/w3crG/
They're both so good I'm having trouble deciding

>It's just easier on riseup
It really isn't. It's the exact same, only now it's hidden away.

will do. you can put in a placeholder in the doc then i'll provide the final link later.

[sopiler]:^)[/spoiler] but do it anyway, i want to hear you!

if you have specifics you wanted let me know, i can toss you a few for chorus though

All K imo

!!!!REMINDER THAT WE NEED ART AND NAMES FOR ALBUMS!!!!

These are the albums we've got:

>Industry
>Platforms
>Board Culture 1
>Board Culture 2
>Vidya 1
>Vidya 2
>DLC

Potential album art that we've already got:

>Vidyamen (Vidya 1)
>Amadesu (Board Culture 1)
>The Benis (Board Culture 2)
>Creation Club (DLC)

WE AT LEAST STILL NEED ART AND NAMES FOR:

>Vidya 2
>Industry
>Platforms

Get to work!

unhidden enough?

Also in gdocs you still have to either insert rows or use temporary transfer rows to switch two rows, even with CTRL+X. In Riseup, since it's only names, you can just type over one and paste the other.

A quick word on the cheeky "bonus tracks" that are hidden at the end of album songs:
What makes them truly unique "Bonus" tracks is that they're one of a kind and can't be found anywhere else, not even in the DLC. That's what makes shit like Marpix's bonus song and Drunk Fetts so special.
youtube.com/watch?v=yR--stHqdNI
youtube.com/watch?v=EaWYvdKtyA4

Last year, we had bonus tracks that could be found in the DLC album, and that just makes them redundant. If we're going to do more cheeky "bonus tunes," they can't already be in the DLC album

I get where you're coming from, but I personally like having full proper versions of tracks.

IS there ANYONE wlling to sing this?
Lyrics- pastebin.com/3eadx9xz
Original- youtube.com/watch?v=6_5O-nUiZ_0
Instrumental- youtube.com/watch?v=7prZpkgLnho

Can we please not do the thing where there are hidden tracks inside other tracks? It sucks for people who just wanna have a proper mp3 version of each song.

>itunes

To the person who put the parts together for "I Still Haven't Found Any Games Done Quick" if you could post your raws that'd be appreciated. An editfag would like to take a crack at the song.

All K. Kiwi did a good job but the all K version is hilarious and still good.

>:^)
Confirmed imouto.

picosong.com/w3VM8/
maybe, but there's a lot of versions

picosong.com/w3jPh

Since we're working on culling the DLC songs from the rest, here's a few tabs I have saved from the threads and IRC shenanigans that may find a place int he DLC album, if other anons concur

>Yoshi's Island on Piano (I think Focks was the one who shared this on a lark, but I liked it enough to save the link)
picosong.com/wwahC/

>Jive Cat Poetry Slam
picosong.com/w3Vx3/

>What is Rapanon working on?
picosong.com/wwH6E/

>Meme Chords
picosong.com/wwAHr/

>Just like my fanfics (from Rufus)
picosong.com/wwi7u/

>And, of course, our Worldwide Tech Support (Though I hear there may be more ethnicity yet to be added)
picosong.com/wwHLE/

There's also multiple versions of both DLC and album songs that're worth looking into. Perhaps every single version of "Sevastapol" and "Why the heck did you just ban me" belongs on the DLC album; Perhaps not.

Also, if anybody else has goofy picosong links saved of various shenanigans, feel free to share -- you can never pile too much shit into DLC

Add them to Finished tab with DLC as the category

>look for a song to sing
>hey this one looks pretty cool
>see it's written by that one faggot
>instant pass

And that's the story of how the wolverine song got done

Heres threeish takes, I think the first one is probably the best but included the others just in case. Starting on the next one.

There's been rumors this is the last musical. IS it the last musical?

Hey, anonfag, if you're here, I may actually want to take you up on your offer for the chorus of Mr. Poole. If you're busy with other projects already, it's no big deal.

Doubtful

PHEW.
Another question, when is this year's musical premiering on Bandcamp?

No, 4 was the last musical.

Sunday or monday.

CARLOS!

Where should "The Last Todd Song" go on the album? I'm thinking DLC, also song placement in the album.

picosong.com/w3XbR/

thoughts?

Dlc

DLC content.

r8 the loudness of these vocals

picosong.com/w3j4E/
picosong.com/w3j96/

>man can't believe I didn't get a response
>didn't post the link
I am a moron man.
picosong.com/w3j42/

Way better! Good job mate.

Do you also have the lyrics in a pastebin?

Holy shit

1st one>3rd one>2nd one

much better

Way better m80, good man.

I recorded a demo. In Prontera needs backing vocals now!

picosong.com/w3jLx/

The original has a female choir of backing vocals singing back on "in Prontera", but if you are male and have a high voice, that will work excellent too.

pastebin.com/qxH0SKrH

Elvis is spinning in his grave, but at least I tried.

yee boiii

Yeah I definitely think the other two takes are garbage, but thought I'd include incase they had something more they were looking for.

You gonna drop that verse for Where Are the Games? No biggy if not, but i need to know which version to mix

What rapanon is working on made it into a final track, no point putting it on dlc

thanks for catching that

>What rapanon is working on made it into a final track, no point putting it on dlc

what song is that?

for vidya 2?

i'm not good at this and the font doesn't exist

picosong.com/w3jVE/
Hope these are acceptable.

I actually really like this idea. The execution isn't perfect but maybe with better skills can improve it. Good job though

dude at least put some effort in cutting that halo helmet out it still has a white outline

r u rude?

Because I Played Games

ZERGLINGS
I'm adding this to finished because I genuinely love it, and fuck anyone who feels differently. It is album quality content.
picosong.com/w3ckA/

Someone with proper photoshop skills go and do something with this.
Could also use a better title that's closer to Random Access Memories.

How tae fook have I not heard this yet, fucking nice

But it's also got to be an acronym.

Are you the guy who recorded this? Can you post the raw vocals please? I did a take too but some parts are bad, so I want to cut both our parts together and take the best from each.

picosong.com/w3jXE/

No, I just really liked his take.

i hope that doggo knows that there's a shadowy flamethrower pointing right at him

I really like it too, and he is very good. When he posted he said he was unhappy with the verses though, so we could solve it somehow I suppose.