/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 14th of October:
1066 – Battle of Hastings: In England on Senlac Hill the Norman forces of William the Conqueror defeat the English army and kill King Harold II of England.
1912 – While campaigning in Milwaukee, the former President of the United States, Theodore Roosevelt, is shot and mildly wounded by John Schrank, a mentally-disturbed saloon keeper. With the fresh wound in his chest, and the bullet still within it, Mr. Roosevelt still carries out his scheduled public speech.
1915 – World War I: Bulgaria joins the Central Powers.
1933 – Nazi Germany withdraws from the League of Nations and World Disarmament Conference.
1944 – World War II: Linked to a plot to assassinate Adolf Hitler, Field Marshal Erwin Rommel is forced to commit suicide.

Random Country Picker
orph.link/random

>News
CK2 DD 09/10
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1049555

EU4 DD 10/10
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1049703

>Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

>Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

>Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[EU4] - /gsg/ and Taxes v0.2 - 12/10/2017
pastebin.com/XUtVVm3k

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.2
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.9.1 - 13/10/2017
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/download/naf26xxbjanppnp/DarkArk's KR SKIF v1.08.7z
mediafire.com/download/js5gzcar9dmamtq/MILITES SKINS FOR KAISERREICH.rar
mediafire.com/file/d3he6fco5cxr5a0/Israel Minimod V2.2.zip
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What post ww2 mod is the best for victoria 2?

>Months after the UN inspectors arrive our nuclear weapons programme is ready
HAHAHAHA FUCK YOU YANKEES
CAN'T TOUCH THIS

based

Once i win this great war ill get the rest of my cores back from austria-hungary, and im thinking about liberating the rest of romania too.
what should my future borders goal be?
i plan on installing communism in greece and then puppeting them, but thats it

I'm having moral doubts about this. On one side, our policy of using nuclear deterrence will keep our enemies at bay.
On the other hand, I can finally realize the dreams of Basenjis everywhere, young and old, from the newborns to the elders and finally bomb israel, ushering a nuclear holocaust and wiping them all of the face of the world in an instant.

This isn't an easy job.

You're just doing a pre-emptive strike before the Israelis bomb your uranium enriching facilities

None they are all shit.

Progress is slower than anticipated, but the stalemate in the north is broken and we can now widen the front there.

oy vey
who let iran get nuclear weapons

is this blobbing

Just annex all of it lol

may as well make chinese primary

This is the perfect opportunity to for the Eurasian Union. I've made some flags to replace the shitty pink flag supplied with CWE, just for your playthrough.

Democracy, Communist, Nationalist, Populist, Monarchy, Theocracy (Sectarian Regime)

the commie flag was a real proposal

What would it include? Also if I was going to go Eurasia, I'd have preferred it to be in a Putinist 1992 run.

Why do Belgian units keep spawning in Amsterdam?

The commie one is trash, needs to be more fucking ebin

They are using the british ships to move.

>ebin

fuck off this is for serious posters only

I'm playing DH Kaiserreich as the Union of Britain, it's 1947 and both Mitteleuropa and the Entente are RIP. I've been trying to get ready for a big war against Russia because their army is getting out of control and they could easily solo pretty much all of us. Japan is also getting to be a problem because they have a navy and airforce that's almost as good as mine plus a massive army in the form of their Chinese satellite state.

But I have nukes and I'm pretty sure they don't. Could I just bust a couple of their cities and would they roll over and surrender like Japan historically did or would the war continue on as normal?

The front is moving well, Chinese forces in the North-West have been encircled and Marine divisions are being prepared to invade the ports in that area. The IJN is hunting any convoys that to those ports but some will get through.

xth for the Red Liqqy Army

I'm serious, that flag is fucking trash

If that was the case would they not enter combat with my units stationed in the province when they arrive?

i like the blue though

how'd you manage to advance that fast? is china really that weak in hoi3?

God that blue is awful, especially mixed with yellow and red like that.
Hang yourself

Probably because the Chinese "army" is literally just warm bodies while the Japanese are a proper, industrialized military with tanks and planes.

okay, what's a good blue to you?

Don't use blue in that flag
problem solved
also that blue looks kind of green-ish, maybe remove the green? Still, the design itself is garbage, not just the colours

I liked it. Blue, yellow and red flags are nice.

The advance will slow down immensely once you get into the interior of China, it is easy on the coast if you are smart and make small using marines/light inf offensives to get across the river provinces and get behind the Chinese. It is all about terrain, i am about to move into all mountains and shit provinces.

The northern pocket is being cleaned up, with mass amounts of Chinese troops being captured.

>Japanese """"""""""""tanks"""""""""""""
tins on tracks aren't tanks

Tin on tracks still beats man with stick.

>memeICE

big macao for you

>Enrourage Bureaucrats

>Republic of China
How?
What mod is this?

>find EU4 and CK2 boring blob simulators
>find Vicky 2 and HoI 3 too complex

The summer offensive has gone well, we are getting deeper into the Chinese interior. But their are still many Chinese cities and industrial centres left untouched.

It's not too bad now i think, i use to hate it. It (((was)) a bloated piece of shit. Now it is decent, 10x better than vanilla. Can be a lot harder if you want it to, even if it is artificial difficulty shit. Go do a vanilla barbarossa and then do one in black ice with the hard barbarossa modifier.

new HPM dropped and I didn't know ???

Rate my borders.

Any suggestions for how to carve up Austria and friends?

*smirks*
I may or may not finish this some day

heirs of aquitania

Why didn't you do another landing in the south?

A hard fought offensive in the North-East has almost encircled a large contingent of Chinese forces. The only thing preventing them from being cut off the is allied warlord state of Shanxi. We are making progress but it is meat grinder on both sides, and one side has more men.

I don't have the troops, i am spread very thin as it is.

based

Alright I'm not gonna bully the Chinese much and take their land mostly because I don't want a shitload of Chink minorities, but what should be done about the Finnish?

What's that blackened patch on Taiwan?

LIBERATED.SU

why did HPM nigger have to change provinces in Africa again you nigger lover!

How did you change your religion? I know it happens via event but what do you need to do to get it?

>using nukes

Pathetic. In lore might be nice, but gameplaywise, it's the "I give up, this is too hard" button in most cases.

And no, no one gives up like that. Japan does in mods and stuff because it's a written event that they do. Plus Russia wouldn't give up anyways with just two nukes - even Japan wouldn't had they not been facing the factors that they were. As it is in Japan, the nukes merely hastened the end. That is not the case here.

YOUR purpose in the alliance, while maybe to outgrow France one day, you are the specializer, and the naval command. Your first purpose in any war is to sweep the seas clean so that Russia's navy, and eventually naval transport and commerce capacity is crippled. Second, you're bomber command. You're the one who is going to have to try to level the Russian cities and cut their production well before the bulk of battle begins. Third, you are the Marines force - the Republican Marines should establish a 2nd front after France and most of the Internationale have engaged in titanic battle along the front. Participate too, 4th, with the armored and mechanized divisions specialization you should have, to help complement France's forces.

You better have installed the SKIF pack and skins.

The encirclement is complete, along with an encirclement of Shanxi forces. We are now at the gates of the communist stronghold in China.

Damn I knew I should have waited for HPM cause now im at 1890 on the old patch and his new update would have made my PBC game better

Rate, still missing Equador and the Guianas. Netherlands seems to be suffering constant rebellions and France is getting dragged into wars by Russia against the German-Polish alliance yearly so it's going to be easy.
After that I am going to try to puppet Portugal.

is there a mod that fixes genocide?
it can't possibly be that hard to make

I realize Britain is more the support role but now that both big wars have already happened I'm less reliant on France's army and more reliant on controlling the armies of my satellite states. Of which there are a shitload taken mainly from Germany's satellites and colonies that I was able to steal while their entire army was fighting the French and their navy was at the bottom of the North Sea like a true Eternal Anglo.

>You better have installed the SKIF pack and skins.
What's that?

>tfw no minimod that rips off the different fantasy cultures from Elder Kings and inserts them into regular CK2
I want to fuck a naga and an elf.

Whats broken with genocide

it only kills like 5% of the unaccepted pops. i don't really think that's realistic enough. the infamy is fine, just the percentages are weird

Did the Soviets want to directly annex Finland or just puppet it?

Get a party with moralism in power.

Finally, T'bilisi is the largest city on the continent, thanks my raid on Cairo, that killed more then 30% of their pop.

Now i have to wait until the filthy mongols break their alliance with the turks so i can take Tabriz

What
The lowest value is 5 to 20 and the highest is 10 to 40
What's wrong with it?
5% of all the pops in the british empire are millions of people

Brave Japanese troops hold out against the hordes of Chinese troops trying desperately to break out of the Shanxi encirclement.

It is some rebel cucks i forgot to deal with for a bit.

but 5% in Hungary is far less Romanians than should be killed

They wanted to integrate it into the already-existing Finnish SSR that had been organized from Soviet controlled parts of Karelia.

It wasn't until after WW2 that their modus operandi switched from annexing territory to puppeting territory. Notice how they also annexed the Baltics, their parts of Poland and their parts of Romania immediately before WW2 rather than creating a little buffer between themselves and Germany like they would later do with the Warsaw pact.

Then pick the options that give 40%

Reminder that Huey Long did nothing wrong

So you're saying they'd annex it directly if there was no one to stop them and if it was easy enough to Russify?

noice

>SKIFs - basically, unit icons to make everything much better looking and more informative

mediafire.com/download/naf26xxbjanppnp/DarkArk's KR SKIF v1.08.7z

>To install extract the folder into \Darkest Hour\Mods\Kaiserreich for DH 1.8\gfx\interface\models

----

>Skins
mediafire.com/download/js5gzcar9dmamtq/MILITES SKINS FOR KAISERREICH.rar

>Skins are nation-related graphics that give various nations "background" images. To install extract the folder into \Darkest Hour\Mods\Kaiserreich for DH 1.8\gfx

>if it was easy enough to Russify
The goal wasn't to get more land to Russify, I mean they didn't Russify the Baltics either (inb4 butthurt Balts). The goal was to get more ports to the Baltic which became redundant when they got Kaliningrad later.

What game is that?

Hmm, do you have any screenshots of these?

So basically they'd probably just leave it as it is, especially if it borders directly EU-owned Sweden as here ?

>But I have nukes and I'm pretty sure they don't. Could I just bust a couple of their cities and would they roll over and surrender like Japan historically did or would the war continue on as normal?
Probably not. I remember nuking the UOB in my Ottoman game because Britania still ruled the waves and there was no hope of ever doing a naval invasion, but even nuking literally every single province in the UOB didn't get them to surrender.

Help me redit

That big hole in the center, please tell me that's a restored Austria Hungary.

Vaspurakan

desu they strived for greater access to the atlantic, since the norway-iceland and öresund is easy to control. finland is good then because it allows less strategic depth for nato towards the atlantic. it's a lot shorter from Uleåborg to Narvik than from Leningrad to Narvik. take it.

Genocide mod when?

Could somebody upload their unmodified germany.txt from DH Full's db/events folder? I messed with mine in notepad instead of notepad+ like an idiot and I lost some vanilla settings that are causing my game to crash.

Make your own, it takes 20 minutes.

THE ONLY RIGHTFUL HEIR OT THE BRITISH THRONE IS A GERMAN
GOTT SCHUTZE DEN KAISER

White Armenia

Probably, as long as Finland is at least neutral because you don't want a hostile army potentially invading right by St. Petersburg.

No, it's a collapsing Austria-Hungary. Austria has barely changed since the start of the game, it's just Hapsburg Austria and all their little satellites.

Still though, they're like the last country in Europe that hasn't fallen to Syndicalism or National Populism besides Scandinavia (which I'm about to invade) so they must be doing something right. They've outlived all the other WW1 central powers

see Look at the unit icons.

Never.

>tfw MP DHKR is too laggy to play

CWE has concentration camps, ethnic cleansing, biological and chemical weapons.

>before Georgians

Stop wasting IC

>tfw we'll never have DH on good netcode
Just kill me senpai

Nice one, shill

HOI4 KR isn't too bad, the only thing that kills it is tying so much to focuses as opposed to having millions of events.

>after Georgians

The battle of the communist capital begins, a massive battle of hundreds of thousands of troops. We must seize the initiative while the communist forces are still routing from Shanxi, they can't be allowed to reinforce Yanan.

It's just when i took the screenshots shit happened to come out of production. I am not wasting IC.

oy vey goyim, don't you know that events limit player freedom?
player freedom is the most important thing instead of boring railoaded events you now have free focuses!

>is the israel minimod compatible with the new version of HPM?
It is now: mediafire.com/file/d3he6fco5cxr5a0/Israel Minimod V2.2.zip

aaahhh rate