/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood General

>Current Events
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2017/youkai-watch/

>Updated! PVP mode, Beast Tribes, Manderville, and more in 4.1 teasers.
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/patch/4_1

>Patch 4.1 Notes & Logs
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/cfd6b53bc9cd08b494512a662c04942848db9539

>Job Guide
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/jobguide/battle/

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells:
pastebin.com/raw/U3QZjetW

Previously:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/V8yKL6obA5U?t=4m6s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

hey

meow

>tfw no fish lizard wife

Lily this is a bad fanta.

>No unfunny forced meme OP
Very nice and crisp thread. No shitposting passed this post please

Thordan IV is such a boring trial now. When I first did it a few times, it was the coolest shit, now, The fight lasts maybe 3 min cause he just melts.

wtf my trip went away

>mfw my Highlander last name is Stormblood since 2.0
>mfw people keep bitching about my name being based on the expac

What hair color is this? Also are red eyes inherently edgy?

don't use that hair it makes your head look smaller and your neck look longer. It's a common trap haircut to new elezen users

you can tell them you can't even use Stormblood at character creation or name change

IF I DON'T GET THE SKALLA CASTING COAT THIS RUN I'M GOING TO MAKE THE CALAMITY LOOK LIKE A FUCKING JOKE

Yeah hopefully there's no shitty forced memes like "post whiskies" or "hand over the nuggies and no one gets hurt" or "hurrrrrdurrrrrrr im a chef wuts ur order" or "only good looking toons blah blah"

>passed

>toons

___________nuggies?______

Post catboys

Is this any good?

nice ESL you worthless retard

>unsynced content is boring because it's fast
really big think desu senpai

get out of here you autistic squid

It was synched tho??

Go and do extreme instead of normal
Normal mode thordan is a snoozefest always

it's good for dummies, you'll find some openers don't work because of mechanics

They're not inherently edgy but I advise against it anyway.

koala joey

>catch up patch and guffy still hasn't cleared o4s

Don't give up, potato!

How's the end game balance? Playing in the palace of the dead dungeon it seems that Samurai and Red Mage dominate the scene. Does shit balance out by level 70?

Not as concerned about hairstyle as skin/eye color
I can't seem to tell if I don't like red eyes because I think they are edgy, unnatural looking, or a warm color instead of a cool one

>Start playing a day ago
>Have fun
>Use duty finder to enter Satasha
>Wait time: 20mins
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Not too late to roll as a tank or healer.

>arbitrary date and this user still hasn't touched the mailbox across the street

Tampering with mail is a federal offense you fucking idiot.

melee dps: DRG/NIN
ranged dps: MCH/BRD

If you rolled any of the other dps classes you will never get into a raid static, which means you will never get decent gear since party finder is duty completes only and duty finder with pair you with a party of underage lobotomy cases.

"hardcore" raider
Fails checks daily
Po-po-po-po-po-poopsocking
"hardcore" raider
Fails checks daily
Po-po-po-po-po-poopsocking

60 million gillllllllllllllll
For penta melded crafted gear
16 hours plaaaaaaaaayin
But he never got. that. cleeeeeeeeear

Man I'm going to miss the ironworks for monk(except the fucking horn). I know I can glamour it but isn't there even cooler looking shit later?

>tfw got into the game because of an irl friend
>he made a new char just to do msq with me from the beginning
>we'd level til cap and then start doing the new msqs together every patch
>we'd always call each other up when we wanted to run the new dungeons or primals
>he doesn't play anymore
>I start playing the game myself and learning how to git gud
>now I'm slightly less trash but no one to enjoy the game with
>tfw can never experience that amount of joy again
>tfw no one to give that experience to

Become a mentor and maybe you will make a few new buddies along the way.

I really need to forge a new self-identity for myself. Too much of my self-validation comes from how many people are willing to ERP with me, and it makes me feel terrible and desperate when I have those periods of time everyone seems to be ignoring me...

Having problems uploading to fflogs for ShinryuEx. The whole encounter is shown on ACT (I extended my timer to 75 seconds) but it still splits like shown when I upload it. Anyone know how to fix it? Searching it up didn't provide me with any results. These are clears

how about not being a faggot

Play a male character and get good at the game.

You could have just not ERP'd with them in the first place.

>tfw RPer
>tfw everyone else logs and now I'm stuck with that RPer that can't English or format properly
What's the nicest way I can ditch them?

>have road to 60 buff
>in heavensward content
>leveling BLM and RDM at the same time because otherwise i'll outpace the quests in levels and it just seems like a good idea
>BLM is 100x times funner than RDM

Does RDM get a lot better/funner in Stormblood content? Does BLM turn to poop in SB?

what song is this supposed to be

Having leveled both and mained RDM for a bit, I think BLM is a lot more fun than RDM.

>judging the RP by the grammar and not the content of the interactions
You're everything that's wrong with RP these days.

RDM is nearly a complete job from the moment you get it at 50. It doesn't get much more complex after that.

It's been that way since I roleplayed in aol chat rooms. People care more about length and grammar than substance.

how's your night going /xivg/?

Senpai, he literally can't speak English and I have a hard time understand what he's trying to say 90% of the time.

They come to you for ERP because you're probably easy.
Deny and play coy to have them do anything to get your attention. This is of course if you are good at ERP or have a niche that other people can't recreate.
You're still a faggot for ERPing and using that to try to connect with people though.

Ballad of the Autist by Balbey

No RDM remains incredibly simple all the way to 70, it's the easiest dps class in the game.

well I don't have a time machine

Cool, it's the class I'm leaning towards, I just feel like I see 30 RDMs for every 1 BLM at max level

That's kind of disappointing honestly

Here's the issue with BLM. No utility, so no one wants them in their raid groups. It's a real disappointment for me because I love BLM, but people would rather have RDM because of its utility.

What would be the ideal social arrangement between you two?

boring

RDM also loses a lot less dps from a positioning error so it's safer to grab a random RDM then BLM.

>I have a hard time understand what he's
Looks like you're the one who needs English lessons

Boring, wishing I had a reason to resub.

Here's the issue with rdm, its dps sucks and black mages doesn't.

I mean, it's not ever hard to RP an excuse to leave. Use that great, creative RP mind of yours.

My post was a non sequitur that was not up for debate.

>better post this image to win an internet "argument" and show him how smart I am

I ended up getting really obsessed over what someone was doing with other people this week, and it ended up ruining my patch experience. I'm such an idiot

I agree. But everyone obsesses with utility. It's the same reason why many groups don't want a SAM because SAM brings no utility to the party.

2bh whenever I see a BLM in high-end content they are usually very good. Whenever I see a RDM they are usually kicked from high-end duties. I still hardly see SMNs

Yeah because it's a lot less hard to fuck up pressing your utility button than it is to play well on a high dps job

On a scale of 1 to 10 how cringe is it that when playing MCH and i use reload i think of the "RELOAD" audio clip when you run out of ammo in the Lethal Enforcers arcade game.

youtu.be/V8yKL6obA5U?t=4m6s

the cringe part was making a post asking people to judge it

Gotta go feed your Chocobo
Get a message on your Linkpearl about a thing elsewhere
/t some other RPer friend to be your bail out excuse

(You)

We're usually in a group but never speak to each other so when my FC logged and left me with him in the tavern, it was awkward as fuck. Trying to put together what he's trying to tell me really makes me wanna blow my brains out.

Reducing veteran rewards was a mistake...

Um, hello? Yukikaze for NIN/PLD/WAR?

But in all seriousness I don't see why SE didn't have the foresight to give SAM an ability like Shikikoyo or Konzen-Ittai and repurpose them for utility/party buffs.

That point is irrelevant because everybody that posts here is cringe by default.

>become a mentor
>NN is full of autistic people giving wrong advice
>all the sprouts are cancerous and unlikeable
already tried, my friend.

good

>that run on sentence
While you're up on your high horse tie a rope to the highest branch you can reach, tie the other end around your neck and jump off.

Why's that, user?

You can get off your high horse as well. I never said I was some god-tier RPer, I just said this guy can't speak English, as in it literally looks like gibberish.

Squall jackets.
EVERYWHERE

... Whatever

Does anyone have any Black Clay they're willing to sell on Balmung? Buying up to 8.
Evalun Qestir if you do have some, but I'll be offline for an hour or two.

If I were you, I'd figure out exactly what I wanted our relationship to be, then just take the next logical step to make that a reality. Do you want to just keep it in groups? Then make that clear to him with your actions. Want him to leave you alone entirely? Then make that clear instead. Using your time to sustain a relationship with someone that doesn't hold any future for you is kind of a waste of time.
All you need to do is intend something, truly and wholly intend something, and you will be unavoidably drawn to it, whether it be good or bad. If you are focusing on what you don't want to happen and giving it all your energy and thoughts, it will be drawn to you. Focus instead of what you do want, and intend for it to exist. When that thought creeps up in your mind that doubts, it is like a snowball that grows and grows, smashing and destroying your confidence as it does. Yet it all starts from a single thought. Monitor your thoughts, and reinforce your decided intention. Find a way to "reset" your mind when you are having doubts, be it a pleasant thought, feeling, picture, song, whatever, that helps you clear your mind and re-clarify your intention.

It sounds like a lot of work but in a week you'll discover that things have completely turned around, and although you may still be having problems, they will be new problems that "come after" the problems you encountered when you started. That's how you know you are making progress.

Whatever.

dude weed lmao

You know you can prove it.

post character and youtube

It's just the flavor of the month. Once people find something else to glamour they won't be as common.

Post Backstories