I can work intensely on a certain project or problem for days and nights...

I can work intensely on a certain project or problem for days and nights. But I can't motivate myself for a 40 hour average job. Do I have to man the fuck up about a delusional ego problem or should I start my own business/freelancing?

if you can't work 40 hours you're not going to start a business.

I can work 40 hours. But I can't show up on time every day. Or can't work on something for hours when the long-term idea isn't explained to me.

sounds like you're suited for IT, get yourself specialized on something in-demand and challenging. You will get bursts of projects and then stretches of downtime where no one fucks with you because they know you handle complex problems when needed

The work you end up putting out through wagecuckery brings a lot more value to the firm than what you're actually paid. You get a very small cut in most jobs. What kind of deal is that?

Start your own business.
You are allergic to wageslave bullshit.
Working for yourself is always more meaningful and rewarding, OP.

do you believe that self-employed people don't need to keep a schedule and never find themselves working tasks they hate or don't understand?

if so, go for it. I'm pretty sure you're exactly wrong, but it's worth a try.

dude working 40 hours is like exercising for fat people

at first they are super uncomfortable and hate every single second but believe it or not some people actually take to it & enjoy it

Interesting point of views. Thank you.

You have adhd.

Use it to your advantage.

*points of view

Of course, but it's better if you have a challenge and know the long-term strategy.

Not OP, but how can I use ADHD to my advantage? I've been struggling with it for a while and I need advice.

As someone with ADD (or ADHD whatever) chiming in, I just focus on the topics that interest me the most.
Trust me, I'm switching lanes on the daily about what I invest myself in but I'm constantly striving to find a common underlying factor that ties all my talents and interests together into a final product.

Entrepreneurship is me using my brain to my advantage.

After all ADD/ADHD is just something an older generation defined for the new generation because naturally our generation is exposed to more information than ever before. Being scatterbrained is a natural trait for everyone 2017. I could go on...

That's what I've been trying to do - I spend literally 50-60% of my day reading news articles, finance articles, etc. and trying to analyze patterns between all of them.

I just hate that sometimes I'm super motivated to do all this research, then the next day I feel extremely lazy and apathetic about it. It sucks man. I was just prescribed Adderall and that helps a lot, but sometimes I get distracted and spend hours doing frivolous bullshit.

>take to it & enjoy it
It takes months to train a dog to be obedient, still more months maybe even years for a horse, and finally for a man, it takes up to 18 years to finally break his innate spirit of freedom in order to give up his potential and willingly work for his masters.

>>sometimes I get distracted and spend hours doing frivolous bullshit.
>sometimes
>some-
>-times

>trying to analyze patterns between all of them.
This is called apophenia. Your schizo brain sees patterns all over, but none of them have meaning.

so even when you think you're being productive you're not. Your super motivation is being wasted because you're mentally ill.

The apathy is actually the correct response. You understand at least subconsciously that you're wasting your time on something that has never paid off and never will.

I get those down days too man. I've just had enough of them to the point where I just trained myself to keep going forward.
Trust. I was down for like two years straight. Calling off work and just being bedridden based off my perceived weight of the world.
I was prescribed Sertraline (Zoloft) and Xanax but after two weeks I realized that shit wasn't for me. At least the Zoloft, Xanax was kind of fun but I could feel the addiction.
I just started riding a wave of continuous momentum and I feel like I'm actively fighting daily to keep me stable in my pursuit.
I just let go of everything that does not serve me including my hate for the days I can't do anything and It's helped me greatly

Also litererally fuck this guy . Your full potential has yet to be discovered.

Read some biz recommended reading books on being successful. I was working a 40 HR work week in corporate America and hated it and quit. Currently discovering how important having a schedule is as well as discipline, which also means quitting Vidya drugs and other distracting activities... good luck

>litererally fuck this guy
If he had said he spends all day selling lemonade and making $13 or tending his ebay store and making $33 I would encourage him. That's how you make money.

analyzing patterns between markets and news? Pfft. He's never made a cent doing that and he never will. Even if he located some meaningful pattern he has no money to exploit it.

we both know it.

Well if he's smart, he's actively trying to find a market he can invest his time in that is fulfilling, provides income, and satisfies his current state of angst.
What I read from that was a pattern he's realizing about himself. A pattern I discovered in my own interests is how I discovered my affinity for marketing/consulting/product design. As soon as I let go of the negatives, doors started opening like that.
It can always be better, and the time I invest is going to allow it to be a more stable, more lucrative result.
There's no such thing as handouts and if all you do is sit on your ass to come up on a million dollars, there's a multitude of sayings expressing you have a better chance of x than z that would fit this situation - to that level I agree.

>he's actively trying to find a market he can invest his time in that is fulfilling, provides income, and satisfies his current state of angst.

yes, this is a fundamental misunderstanding about how people start businesses. And as long as you and the rest of Veeky Forums insist on it, you'll never succeed at anything you attempt.

you want to be self-employed? why not ask self-employed people how they found their trade? Want to own a business? Ask business owners how they got into it.

I guarantee it wasn't looking for patterns in markets or trying to find a fulfilling and satisfying market to labor in.

Almost every time their business evolved from the 40hr/week job they had. Not a bunch of contemplation and inactivity.

pretty edgy.

if you don't think there are people out there who are working their dream jobs in companies other than their own, you should honestly probably try growing the fuck up and not living your life by memes

>fulfilling, provides income, and satisfies his current state of angst
>not a bunch of contemplation and inactivity.

I'm no stranger to this. It seems you and I are filling in potential building blocks surrounding one's success. I'm speaking from a perspective that identifies with having mental hyperactivity, you on the other hand are speaking more practically minded. You're not wrong. But there's no one size fits all method.
What my current position allows has satisfied all three areas I have mentioned and I am now balancing an imaginative and practical mindset going forward.
Without practically, your ideas will never come into the real world.
Without imagination, they'll always remain stagnant.

He can read what you and I have both said and take away what he needs to. He should not however be discouraged about his current condition. If you're telling him he's mentally ill, I will tell you fuck off. We've all had to deal with some sort of adversity and realizing I am mentally empowered is what allows me to put in 40+ hours doing what I love. Nobody else provided an answer for me other than myself.

>there's no one size fits all method.
indeed, I'm just saying what 99% of people do.
you or he may be the odd 1%. It's just not likely.

>If you're telling him he's mentally ill, I will tell you fuck off
neither statement will actually matter if he's schizotypal. His odds of success drop dramatically with delusional disorders. They are essentially 0.

>I can't show up on time everyday
Boo hoo faggot

Well given the negativity that's rampant on this board if my words provide some sort of encouragement to people in comparable situations, I'm glad I can.
In the process I learn from people like you. It's people like you that provide a good example of limited thinking that helps me see the bigger picture.

Don't know if you're still here but if you are - take notes.

I didn't articulate myself well.

I look for news relating to certain stocks and industries and analyze their performance based on the news regarding them. I always look for the reasoning behind the rise and fall of certain stocks; it's not just unfounded speculation. For example, new regulations, new laws, controversy surrounding a certain business, etc. I also always look at their P/E ratios, EPS, etc. I'm not just autistically finding random patterns with no correlation to anything.

I am, thanks man.

Freelancing is hard. You have to do everything. A lot of thinking, preoccupation, all the time. All aspects of a business + your skill. Not chill. Clients are mostly cunts. And you will have to be servile.

That said, you can get 1-2 and work a bit. On your own schedule, no omnipresent overseer.

This makes me want to play age of mythology

>I'm not just autistically finding random patterns with no correlation to anything.
good.
that rules out mental illness.

you still have the problem of needing a stake to benefit.

and the problem of leverage- people that get rich off investing made their first fortune working.

Seconding this. Some people just can't be wagecucks.

>tfw work 57 hours a week for $10/hr
at least I can shitpost most of the time

absolutely start your own thing. it's not nearly as hard as every normie failure faggot will make it out to be. don't listen to normie advice, they want you to be mediocre like them.

i'm exactly like you op. everything worthwhile i've achieved in life i've achieved entirely on my own. i underperform horribly when put into a hierarchical group environment. but i can be an absolute machine on my own. you owe it to yourself to put in the extra effort to become self employed, it'll be SO SO worth it. believe me.

I am currently 23 years old and working as a teacher, getting 10€ / hour. March made me 900€ aprox. Working with teenagers and kids drains me, but I don't mind working, I like having something to do. The thing is, do I want to "make it"? What does "making it" mean? Buying a big house so I can have kids?

Do I "have" to earn more money, and if so, when is it enough? Do I obey the minimalist voice inside of my head or is it just a meme? I have identified the minimalist feeling to be different than laziness. I like work, I just don't have purpose to keep climbing "the ladder"

Minimalism is a meme designed to make good goys like yourself not strive for success.

>you still have the problem of needing a stake to benefit.
>and the problem of leverage- people that get rich off investing made their first fortune working.
Yeah exactly, that's my issue right now. I need to find a wagecuck job so I can first build up capital but I have no clue what job to get. Dropped out of college because of my ADHD.

Bump

I can relate to this, every group project in college I was in I was always that piece of shit who didn't do anything. Now I'm more successful than all of those tryhards in college put together (then again working a wage cuck corporate job is not very successful imo)

This is a great point, but how are you going to start your own business, and what will it be?

>and the problem of leverage- people that get rich off investing made their first fortune working.
I wonder how true this statement is.

BUMP

Yeah it's that guy that was arguing with him a few days ago. I'd use the term "fortune" loosely but wagecucking taught me a lot about humanity and the world and I did make enough money to propel myself into the next thing so I think there's a broad aspect of things to gain.

I'll respond to this thread again when I'm a billionaire