Etrian Odyssey General

>Everything EO (References, Music, Art Books, etc.)
pastebin.com/cdfQmt11

>EOV
atlus.com/etrian5/
sq-atlus.jp/sq5/
>EOV guild cards
imgur.com/a/oweN7

>EMD2
sq-atlus.jp/sfd2/

EOV releases October 17th for NA (Digital for EU), November 3rd for EU.

Previous Thread:

*spits in your hand*

Why don't you have an innocent warlock onee-san in your party, user?

>he didn't use the default Celestrian portrait
look at him and laff

Bunnies are for ______

Earthlain 1Kat is better because they're WAY tankier, deal more damage because 1Kats can crit and Earthlain have higher LUC which means more crits, and the higher LUC also means that you can land your Haze Slash and binds from Triple Strike more reliably (if Triple Strike can even be called Reliable).

On top of THAT, I consider Earthlain Union Skills to be stronger, and since 1Kats get Speed Up the loss of AGI isn't that noticeable.

But I do, along with a Therian onee-san and imouto.

meat and furs

>He didn't have a slutty elf onee-san

Why would I pass up the opportunity to gaze at these delicious thighs

DPS minmaxing

why don't bows use Agi anymore?

HELL SLASH

What, if anything, determines Crit chance in V, LUC?

Tender rape

>No trinket equipped
>No Sequoian Gauntlets
>Unupgraded staff
Disgusting.

ye

They never should have. Being quick on your feet doesn't make drawing a bow easier. It made even less sense than crossbows used STR.

Playing the demo right now, should I level Gospel if I am using my Shaman as a healer? It does very little healing even when I level it up but it should scale better with higher HP right? Should I depend on healing items for now instead?

Cool.

Impregnating.

Gospel to like 5 is okay, its your worst passive heal though so don't sweat it. Just get herbology and chunk medica at people

Gospel scales with max HP, so it retains relevance unlike Princess's passives. I got through the demo just fine relying on that, but early on you should still focus more on prayer mastery to increase your sustain.

it's percentage based so it'll heal like 10 points

just use medicas

Richfag go home

I prefer the other one.

>He wasn't absolutely loaded with ental from farming Skunk Cabbages, Brown Tubers and Lotus Fruit in the demo

>check shop to see how many nectars I can buy
>75 skunk cabbages
well that's one thing I don't have to worry about anymore

>skills don't benefit from Elemental Prayers so my Chain Fencer is completely useless
Wow, this sucks. Is Million Arrows seriously the only good way to proc chains?

seric sells unlimited nectar on 8f

>not buying out his entire stock of amrita instead

I still prefer a Therian though. The higher STR through passives gives your consistent damage and you end up getting a X3 crit chance anyway so the lack of LUC isn't to bad. The lesser TP is also annoying.

Finally got around to setting up my guild card so please enjoy my incredibly plain party. Photos because I don't have an SD card reader. I hope the QR code reads properly.

you can just use basic enchanted attacks to trigger the chains, the chain fencer is wayyy stronger once you get shit like chain plus and double fencer

>3x crit chance
I'm not that far so I couldn't say, but in that case a better base chance would make a massive difference if that's the multiplier.

that actually depends if LUC actually does still affect Crits in EOV, I mean they kind of gutted critical as a stat you can get. Is there a datamine for that like there was for evasion?

3x Crit Chance with 2.02 multiplier, if LUC still plays a huge part in the proc rate then Earthlains are straight up better.

I can't progress in the 4th stratum at all. Do I have to just kill those goat looking FOEs or can they be bypassed?

Why do chain fencers get Speed Boost and Slyphscreen?

I meant 5th, sorry

>you can just use basic enchanted attacks to trigger the chains
Yeah, but then my other characters can't do any damage.

I guess if it gets that much better then that's good, but I was really hoping I could get 3+ chains off per turn rather than just the one I get from my Shaman's attack. It's still slightly more damage than I would have been doing, but it seems like a waste of a character.

Because she is the KNIGHT OF FIRE

How vital is tanking in this game? There are so many cool classes that I kind of want to go without a dragoon to use the extra space for something, but I've never actually played without a Line Guard or equivalent.

4 kat can basic attack 4 times if you're lucky

at the 5th stratum I just murdered everyone as I saw them, never really bothered trying to avoid them anymore

tfw 1 shotting foe you've never seen before with shadow bite

But each attack doesn't trigger a chain.

You'd need to debuff a lot or bind ASAP

Either find a way around them or bash their heads in. I ended up fighting one to get past

The same reason the non-bomb Necromancer still gets multiple bomb skills.

YOU'D BETTER BETTER STAY

it's not as strict as EOU2
a full human frontline will be decently durable

It's better than basic attacking though.

I don't run a tank or a dedicated healer, you've literally never needed to

> US release in less than 3 days
> still cant decide last member

Fencer/Pugilist
Necromancer/Shaman

I can't pick between a Rover or a Masurao.
please send help

a Masurao would be spamming armor pierce then or using Sanzu which is element enchanted

>running Rover when you have a Necromancer
run a Masurao

Masurao, because rover will take away slots from the necro

Sanzu follows up chains though, not the other way around

Okay so the party I want so far is Therian Phantom Fencer / Nene 1kat Masurao / Bind Pugilist / Healer Potato

What would be a good last slot?
I originally had a Warlock but they don't synergise with anyone, so I thought maybe a Necro wraith dancer? Or would a Shaman be okay? I can't decide.

I acknowledge this as the correct choice for team synergy, but fuck, i really like the rover's portrait

Just start with a Rover but then class change to a Masurao so you can keep the portrait you like.

DELETE THIS

Reclass and RP the falcon as your guild mascot.

I'm this close to masturbating to this image

Why hotpant so fucking hot holy shit.

Why fight it?

A necro would give you a lot of utility and nicely use up those empty summon slots for defensive purposes. A shaman's support might be redundant in some areas but the partywide elemental enchantments would probably be welcome. Depends on your priorities.

are those even still considered pant at that point?

Give in to the bunny buns

So how does an evade fencer actually, like, evade (without taking off all their clothes)

Is it seriously JUST Deft Thrust? Are you forced to be completely naked in order to use evade fencer effectively? Then what's the point of Ray of Light, you'll die if you get hit regardless of how many stacks you have.

A lot of things about this class become very confusing the more I think about it.

Haiku's are better than poems.

you leave them naked and use the money saved on equipment to outfit your masurao with katanas

okat

Ray of Light really is just there to give you more aggro, since deft thrust's draw isn't as strong as predict's. You don't want to be totally naked, since that prevents Sylphid from going off.
Stick blind on a boss and go to town with that or pile on. Works best in tandem with chain fencer or sanzu.

What icons do you guys use for quest items, like the twinkling moonstone on B3F? In 2U and V I've used the sparkles that were the OG gathering point icon.
There are a bunch of icons that I haven't found a use for yet, but I want to. I know there's no right way to map, but I'm looking for ideas.

ray of light is for aggro stacks, Lure doesnt have built in aggro so theres no gurantee you'll proc it

I used the 4th stratum crystal icons because I don't give a fuck
Just pull up whatever makes you remember it

I mark things of note that I can't interact with yet with question marks. I found both stones before I got the quest so they're both question marks. If I found them after accepting it probably just as events.

Similar note, are you supposed to use the stupid golem looking icon for the statues you push over?

Ray of light is mostly for aggro. However your defences are calculated using some of your stats too, so even with no armor you have a tiny bit of defence that benefits.
You want to start a battle using some aggro boosting moves until Ray of Light gets it high enough for you not to need other boosts. Then you can use things like Lure.
With Lightweight and your agility you should evade most regular attacks without other boosts.

I mark everything with annotations, even resource points.

I use that for repeatable heals

That's what I'm doing. I thought it was a tombstone until I found my first golem statue.

which bind affect the Giraffe's party-wide attack?

Does Prep Artillery work with Buster Cannon even though it has a delay? Or does it only matter that you cast it on the next turn

I like where that's going

Also what the fuck did they do with the FOE icon? Who decided that it was ok to make it translucent white? I'm colouring the square under it purple for now but I know I'm going to get screwed over when an FOE starts on a special tile later on. I'll be fucked if I'm using same gay monster face for every deer I come across.

>don't worry, he knows

Head Bind

it just matters that you cast it the next turn. Why would it not work anyway? That would be like the worst game design ever

Mating press the therians

I thought the FOE icon was replaced with the red devil icon? I'm using those translucent circles for the pillars that get activated with the golem statues.

Thanks.

Is Resonance worth putting points into, or should I just stick to the Chains and Chain boosters?

If I go Gun Dragoon are its shield skills enough for tanking til endgame? Also do I need to invest on the bunkers?

Bunnies were made to be fucked.

I used the stone pillar icon for those and replaced them with doors as they were activated. I haven't played the untolds but the purple circle has historically been the FOE symbol.

>Necropolis