/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood General

>Current Events
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2017/youkai-watch/

>Updated! PVP mode, Beast Tribes, Manderville, and more in 4.1 teasers.
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/patch/4_1

>Patch 4.1 Notes & Logs
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/cfd6b53bc9cd08b494512a662c04942848db9539

>Job Guide
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/jobguide/battle/

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells:
pastebin.com/raw/U3QZjetW

last thread:

xth for cats!

I wanna hang out with this cat

Xth for FFXI is ok to talk about since it's close enough to death and can't sustain it's own thread.

Who wants to do a xivg ivalice some time within the next couple hours

Gauging interest

No, it's not okay.

xth for omg elezen i love elezen pls post elezen and elezen doing elezen things in elezen ways pls selfie elezen post while staring directly into the camera at us in the same post, location, gear 20 times a thread

xth for I wish I had a fish wife

mad cat spotted

FFXI is literally perfect and has no flaws.

Tanaka-san is the world's greatest director.

Of course. Wew.

I'm clearly the master superior most magnificent majestic race, female elezen of course silly goose

I accidentally closed the command menu UI during a Squadron dungeon. How do I pop it back up? I can't find it in the HUD layout.

any elezen wanna hang out...

Any decent FFXI stuff that could be put into XIV?
I'd say FFXI's glamour system blows FFXIV's out of the water.

yes please, are you also an elezen? if not you should totes fanta to one and we can neck at costa del sol

This thread is already beautiful.

Finally made the jump from PS4 to PC.
(Now waiting for that 1080 to arrive)

I mean we could just go on any server and walk to costa together honestly

How do I unlock AF1 gear? I know AF2 is from centurio seals

nice resolution

>yet another nier:A cosplaying au ra

did it come with a fantasia? you need to be an elezen to post here

hey phil, get mad at any americans lately?

Job quests

Actions menu thingy

>Mado stops posting
>all the elezen finally crawl out of his diaper and shit up the thread

It's like a diaper Hydra, cut off one head and two more grow in it's place

nope

Damn too bad I got a jump potion

alright I'm glad you've been controlling yourself better, no need getting upset over silly things

Is that so?

imagine if your whole personality revolved around what imaginary race you played in a videogame

i wanna come in this cutie.

Does that complete the quests up to 50 for you? If so, maybe check the calamity salvager.

i agree my dude

>Nobody mentions that playing a DPS class in that game made you into a fucking hobo.
That only applies if you were a DD that relied solely on parties to get EXP and had no sense of self-sustainability through med/food and proper gear. You could learn a ton of things about the game and how it worked if you took the initiative to find solo VT-IT camps by yourself.
No game is without flaws.
Vanity system.

Hunt system in place of what we have now.

Get rid of melding and put in Synergy.

Overhauled statistics and buff/debuff system, proper artifact/job gear with effects and bonuses.

Make the relic system closer to XI's and give the weapons hidden effects.

Imagine

Highlander here wanting to say, that hair is pretty awesome. Shame it looks like shit on cats but atleast it looks good on your character

yes
elezen pride!!

ここまでか!

>tfw no shoulder mounted quip dispenser lala friend

yeah it does, calamity salvager has AF1 gear

This way way back before my sub ran out and pretty much before the NA release of Nier:Automata.

I have two, might use one of them when i find a new home.

Brilliant, there is it. Thanks

Anyone wanna do degenerate stuff together?

I guess that can be your Final Fantasy.

It would be fine without the buns, but they are a nice touch anyway.

Say something nice to Yoshi's siblings

Report this thread, 100 posts early

What was XI's vanity like?
I feel like XIV's is so close to being at least an alright system, if it would only get a few adjustments.

are you elezen

you just make sets and then you equip the set
it's so simple and straightforward and I hate how they have it so shitty in xiv

Thanks user

>synergy
kys
>relics
double kys

yes

So more like Rift or Spiral Knights where you've just got overlay slots you can drop items into?

I agree with the majority of your points but a lot of stuff revolving relics or artifact gear can't really be done unless the game decides to stop being so damn vertical in progression.
Synergy was the shit though. Taking older items and augmenting them into powerhouse stuff despite bullshit rng was fantastic

XI's vanity was as follows:
>Do you have an item you want to use as vanity?
>Do you have a job that is high level enough to equip it?
If yes to both, you can vanity it on ANY FUCKING JOB

It's activated through gearsets so you can equip a gearset ingame as a vanity set at any given time

that guys a dumass, ffxi ui is hot garbage. you need to macro everything to circumvent having to navigate 4-5 menus to do simple commands and unironically need to hotbar switch.

I wanna do lewd things with this au ra

>tfw he calls you master

The game has built in gearsets for a while now.

>Waaaaaah there nothing to do in this game
Did you level alt classes
>Waaaaaah I only play x
Did you do the zodiac and Anima for x job
>Waaaaaah that's too boring
Did you do have your squadron maxed out
>Waaaaaah low level dungeons are lame
Do you have mentor roulette unlocked
>Waaaaaah I can't clear old EXs because no one makes parties
Have you tried making ome
>Waaaaaah I don't want to because I'm shy
The state of you autists

master race coming through

I want a cute elezen girl to sweep me off my feet!

Same!

Yes
Yes
I did before 4.1 and just giving them the daily "Go do shit" until they're maxed again and still give me fuck all for rewards.
Yes
Already cleared
Projecting?

Are they behind that derpy ass elf?

go outside.

Any FC in tonberry still willing to accept applicants?

So how did housing go for everyone?

>I agree with the majority of your points...unless the game decides to stop being so damn vertical in progression
That's what I want. You can extend the lifecycle of content if you designed it properly this way.

More than anything I want true support and for every job to be stripped of whatever utility/party/raid buffs they have and for them all to be unique to that job, then redistributed. It makes no sense that all of the buffs/debuffs are functionally the same "increase/decrease damage done/taken by X%". Everytime I see BRD it makes me sad that it can't have something like Sentinel's Scherzo for tank busters. I mean I guess Palisade exists(which is a role action anyhow) but it's not the same.

AST/MCH should have never been a thing and COR(which most of AST's buffs are based on to begin with if you take the time to examine them) could have been implemented with card and dice buff system.

Tried to log in as soon as maint ended
got 90k'd
forced to relog
1000 queue
friends got in and bought their own personal houses in shriogane and I got stuck in queue while hearing all the mansions getting sold

So long as we're on the topic can we get proper RDM instead of what we got?

Got a house in the goblet because no one wanted a house in the goblet.

how would you implement a caster who has weaker nukes than blm, weaker heals than every healer and only purpose is to cast single target arrow and ballad on party members with slow and paralyze for enfeebles on enemies?

Thoughts on the mods I've been working on?

>Brd
BRD pisses me off even though I enjoy BRD on XIV, mostly because they merged ranger into it and we'll never see a proper ranger/bow user class that focuses on accurately making targets into a pincushion.
And Thief will never be.
I'm still salty since I loved Mercy Stroke in FFXI

>see thumbnail
>think it's an elezen goddess
>click
>ugly midblander

shouldabeenelezen/10

woke up 15 minutes after servers went up so all the nip houses were gone.
managed to grab a nice Mist cottage right by the beach though so I'm just happy to be a home owner.
Deep down I'm not satisfied at all and still desperately wish for the weeb house.

Mods? What mods?

>not elezen
ummmmm honey? it's shit

By doing that, maybe adding a bit more utility and changing df algorithm so search for dps or support for one of the roles. Also add a dedicated support role. And maybe relevant enemies/bosses susceptible to enfeebles.

And so Aika began his shitposting crusade against elezen, with the goal of tarnishing their name.

Pretty neat!

I removed the lower part of the wedding dress so it looks slutty and skimpy, and also made a womb tattoo

Is there a cuter outfit than the maid dress?

Womb tattoos are garbage and you can see all the jaggies still.

> No Phalanx.
> No Distract or Frazzle.
> No Temper.
I mean, the introduction of RDM could have been where they revamped the combat system a bit and added in a real support role.
Because not everything is about straight healing or damage and XI RDM does more than and even has buffs/debuffs that are present in this game that could have been easily given to it. Give the game expanded status effect system.
I never played THF much other than to be an EVA tank/TH bot. Evis and Dancing Edge were fun

Thats not bad at all. Got anything else you're working on? more importantly, how safe is this?

this game is nothing but a dps race for every single raid tier, support doesn't fit in unless it does huge deeps or buffs deeps

>both healers constantly die in Titan HM causing 4 wipes and people still refuse to vote abandon

Only honest elezenposting is allowed, not fake or ironic elezenposting.

>abyssea++ babs talking about xi
yikes

Is SCH actually dumpster tier like I was told?

kys pedo

no but whm is

yeah, an elezen wearing it instead of ugly potato