/wowsg/ - World of Warships General

Dazzling edition

****NEW TO THE GAME? RETURN AFTER LONG ABSENCE?*****
Tell us your server and get a referral code from a fellow /wowsg/ to get extra bonus credits/flags/XP and two free premium ships (one instantly, one after you play a T6 ship).

>Newbie guide
pastebin.com/XGWdGjPc (embed) (embed)

>0.6.11 patch notes
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/update-0611/

>0.6.12 PTS
worldofwarships.eu/en/news/public-test/test-your-mettle/

>0.6.11 Smug moetel mod
my.mixtape.moe/lfnacj.zip

>Captain Skill calculator
shipcomrade.com/captcalc

>Statistic tracker
wows-numbers.com/
wowstats.org/

>In-game chat channel:
NA Channel: Search for 'Veeky Forums' by antibullyranger
EU Channel: "Official Veeky Forums channel"
SEA Channel: Veeky Forums

>Clans
[HOTEL] on EU - contact Rex1121
[BOTES] on SEA - contact Benlinsquare
[BOTES] & [HOTEL] on NA - contact JakeNS

Old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14156283
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>French BB line still not released

Plones>botes

Rex is not a newfag, didn't invite redditors and most definetly didn't gift his fuckboy a dragon dildo.

>running out of port slot
>they keep giving me captain reserves
Yeah I totally need 40 captains for 20 ships in the port.

>Squid claims he's chasing out redditors
>Always see Squid playing with redditors (Arlios)

What did he mean by this

Credits and TYL containers are the only ones that sometimes award port slots.

Haven't played WoWS in ages, are RN BBs any good?

They are cruisers without all the shitty cruisers part of easily dying, but with all the good parts (ridiculous stealth on T8-10) epic HE, good turning for BB, etc.
Oh also at T9-10 they get Minotaur heal that heals them for 2% per seconds as a result they just won't die.

I got a port slot once by opening a credits crate, it can happen.

The mods have given up because the redditors have slipped through the cracks. For fucks sake a reddit Discord moderator was let in and hasn't been banned. Even after being inactive. People now admit this is the reddit server now. People like Arlios and Bukkake blast are on server. They slip through the cracks and never get banned. At this rate if Squid and the mods banned redditors 99% of the server would be pruned and the only fucker left would be Zero

That's what I just said?

The Fiji is starting to piss me off a bit. Yeah, I like most of the things about it, but fucking hell that retard acceleration gets me consistently killed.

>Recommend someone who uses Veeky Forums
>This is a problem somehow
What criteria of yours did CawCaw fail?

A lot of people like her, but I prefer Leander and Edinburgh. Their stealth is a very strong aspect that Fiji lacks.

ok zero that's pretty funny but you're not wrong but you're also not correct. bukkake_blast got kicked from the server a while ago and if we got rid of the redditors in the server, especially the ones who showed up in 2016, we'd be left with 20-30 anons which would a dream

oh well, this general has been a fucking joke for two years and I enjoy the ride

I'm sick of going 1/4 speed in the hopes of moving fowards slightly, only to shoot out of smoke like a startled gerbil and get hit with 3 citadels instantly.

As you or somebody else posted before, a German CV line isn't that crazy given what lengths WG has gone to, like the painfully made up Roon and Hindenburg. Hell the Moskva isn't even a real Soviet "Project Number", it's a bunch of shit put together! It's really up to WG if they want to try to make some money off other CV lines, given how badly they've shat on CVs there's a possibility we might not get more. I called the French having the "fourth best" CV potential because the addition of REAL Lend Lease ships really helps bolster the French's viability for a CV line.

Also you mentioned Italy, Italy does indeed have some carriers! No LL unlike the French but there's there's the one's everybody knows, the Aquila and Sparviero but there's a couple more too. There's the 'original' plans to convert the MS Augustus, called the Falco, there were also plans to convert the cancelled Francesco Caracciolo battleship into a carrier. Then there is the paper stuff, the "Projetto Gagnato" and the designs by General Bonfiglietti of which, there are at least 3. The problem is that these are all mid tier designs, Italy lacks a viable tier 9 and 10 still.

And here's the Gagnotto project which I misspelled in the last post!

Is there any fanart of Ishizuchi to?

Not by that author

>Hell the Moskva isn't even a real Soviet "Project Number", it's a bunch of shit put together!
Why would someone do that, go on internet and tell lies?
"what is project 66?"

Didn't you know?

Para having a six year old account on Reddit and playing with Reddit's clan on WoT for years means you're not a Redditor.

Haruna/SpammisT showing up on /wowsg/ and in the Veeky Forums chat at the same day when Raptor shilled the general on Reddit means he's not a Redditor.

Arlios shilling his God awful videos and YouTube channel that caters to retarded people and underage weebs on Reddit means he's not a Redditor.

But when somebody like Caw appears, who's been around since CBT, asks to join the server. What happens? He gets shitposted and called a Redditor for dumb reasons by a bunch of hypocrites and autists.

>Hell the Moskva isn't even a real Soviet "Project Number",
Comrade, now tell me with a straight face that this sikret picture straight out of archives isn't the Mighty Moskva we have in game

My bad, thought you said only the try your luck crate.
Either way I've opened a few hundreds credit crates and got port slots literally once, I don't want to waste doubloon into this nor do I want to sell any of my current ships.

The stats I have show 3/73 credits containers since 0.6.1 had a port slot. Before that update the record is 2/203.

Oh, and TYL stats are 0/129 and 4/921 respectively.

It's "mostly" Project 66

I wonder if granny Kawachi will ever get art

"If it wasn't for me you damn super-dreadnoughts and fast-battleships wouldn't be here!"

>1326 containers
Has it really been that long since they added the container system.

I didn't collect them all myself.

I don't care about NA, a redditor is a redditor, whatever was his past or his initial approach to the community.
I'm not saying every redditor is a retarded namefagging cunt, but i'm also skeptic about them fitting in here (or a Veeky Forums clan).

>trying to play Spee to train my Kraut DD captain
how does one even make her work? get inside islands and blast crusiers at 10km range? I find her dispersion very questionable at range

Wow, i'm not so autistic and i'm not hypocrite, i'm really nice sometimes.

Does it have something to do with Order 66 too?

Yes, my lord.

Was this thread EVER on topic?

>Hell the Moskva isn't even a real Soviet "Project Number"
You confusing Moskva with Dmitri Donskoi.

It is always on topic.
Drama is an essential component of every WG game.

Before the NAutistic redditors came in and drowned out the actual content with their screeching and the internet equivalent of smearing their feces on the walls.

As it stands, drastic measures are needed to save us.

>NAutistic
There's only one person who spams this meme

And who would that be?

Why is SEA so awful at shitposting and falseflagging and why have they been doing this for two years?

Why are you avoiding the question, falseflagger? Got tendies to eat and tampons to absorb from your bleeding asshole, you autistic fuck?

>zero

kek he's still around? last time i talked to him, he whined about not getting enough adderall and his family farm not doing well.

>adderall

I knew he was autistic. That nasal voice made me suspicious.

Considering that even Zumwalt got her art, I bet it is there, somewhere.

It's not SEA! It's EU shitposting!

Or other NA falseflagging as EU falseflagging as SEA!

It was secretly RU all along.

To be fair the definition of "Redditor" is pretty fucking wide.
If you put it at "Ever visiting the site means you are a redditor" then almost everyone would be banned and it's not even that much their fault since Sub-Octavian turns to reddit because people will suck his dick there because mods have rules and shit unlike Veeky Forums where anyone can express a bit more freely.
If we put it at "Having a reddit account means you're a redditor" would get a lot of people but not all of them since you get shit like ironic accounts for shitposting versus real accounts not to mention if their username is not the same as in reddit you'd need Prec levels of autism and doxxing skills to find that account. In doing so raise more flags than if you killed a seamonkey.
If it's "Posting often to reddit or reddit related websites would get you the reddit seal of approval" then that would probably be the bar that only 20-30 anons would be able to fill.
I didn't know. He was the guy who never browsed reddit not even for Sub-octavian. So I assumed he would be the only guy that would be pure Veeky Forums material so if he left we'd be outta people in the discord. Haruna also said he doesn't browse reddit but like hell anyone would actually trust the shit he says

Your last definition should be the consensus here, also there's no such thing as ironic shitposting :^)

This gen is gay af

She would be fun to see in girl form, it's too bad they had to scrap her because of the treatise, I think only the French still had first generation dreadnoughts in service during WWII?

>they had to scrap her because of the treatise,
According to wiki she exploded.
what's up with IJN BBs going up in explosion in own port?

Ah you're right, I was way off I was thinking of the early Japanese "battlecruisers", the Tsukuba and Ibuki class super-armoured cruisers, her sister, Settsu, actually survived until 1947

A bit of clarification, on top of being just plain wrong, Japan actually WAS allowed to keep Settsu, but Japan decomissioned her in favour of Mutsu

>****NEW TO THE GAME? RETURN AFTER LONG ABSENCE?*****

Has anything changed enough in the last 6 months to make it worth coming back ? More importnatly does the Kancolle mod still work ? Is the game still 80 freakin gigs ?

>Is the game still 80 freakin gigs ?
No it is only 30
>Has anything changed enough in the last 6 months to make it worth coming back ?
We got HE spamming BB line. now everything is fire.

Which cruisers have the flattest trajectory?

Zao and Moskva

Slavs, especially Moskva.

On T10 it goes like this.
Moskva trajectory is flatter than Ryujou.
Henry IV trajectory is also pretty flat.
Zao (T7-9 trajectory is almost same as USN though)
Hindenburger (T8-9 the flattest)
>Paris gun
Dess Memes.
>Apollo 9
Minotaur

Still no Brooklyn.

Who cares?

Just wait for S.American CL line

strawpoll.me/14156283

strawpoll.me/14156283

strawpoll.me/14156283

strawpoll.me/14156283

Very urgent.

Spotting aircraft or fighter plane for Gneisenau?

I took the fighter. Her AA is already great, but spotter plane doesn't help her play effectively at all.

Why would you need spotter on BB with 19km range, you sniping shitter. Besides you only have 6 guns, and Germans aren't known for their accuracy so it is not like you can just saturate random territory with shells

Just asking. I just want to know whether the planes can help spotting sneaky DDs so that I can make use of my secondaries. I like sailing an armored battlecruiser and I want to bring my Gneisenau to brawling. However in recent matches either I got myself overextended so I was sunk prematurely by enemy fires, or the RNGesus hated me so much that He decided to put me in maps without many covers.
Is Gneis not very good in farming damage at all? Because I got an 80k DMG in a match at best, 50k-60k normally, and 30k at worst.

Battle duration: 5 minutes 47 seconds.

Now that, is how to have fun in WoWs.

>Battle duration: 5 minutes 47 seconds.
[laughs in Kriegsmarine Enigma code]

>[PEPE]

>****NEW TO THE GAME? RETURN AFTER LONG ABSENCE?*****

Okay, so I biffed it and didn't use the referral and got all the way to tier IX.

I kinda want the ships just to have them, and it would be nice to have the Texas to train my Iowa captain. So what's this I hear about being able to use the referral after a long absence? Can I still do it, or is it too late?

You have to take a break of at least 3 months. If you want Texas that badly just buy her.

I always get the signal and consumable ones. I forget which ones gave me these, but for some reason a few of them gave me captain slots and port slots.

>no Rider itasha for Bellerophon
What's the point of living?

I don't want her that badly.
if i was gonna spend money on a USN BB trainer i'd waste it all on the Missouri

>not making mod yourself

For a free T5 BB you're better off with the October Revoluction. Much better ship.

Texas is just your usual shitty New York with better AA
Get Arizona(even better than already good Thicc Mexico) or Alabama

Is french CA good goy camo line the laziest good goy camo line out of all WG done? It is literally the same (measure 22) one applied to all ships starting at T6. Other lines have at least 2 camos for 1 line
tfw no cute measure 22 for my dess memes ;_;

But I can't train my US captains with that.

I guess I'm just better off just sticking him in my Indianapolis.

Is there anyone here that's willing to squad up and coach someone who is utter shit at the game? I want to get better and I feel as though my own efforts have been fruitless.

I'd kill for a 'Bama.

I passed on buying it because I was only up to the New Mexico at the time, now it's gone from the store.

Watch flamu and aerroon's vids. You'll learn a lot that way.

Arizona is a better BB for training then.

Did the Guido Cesare launch on the public server yet or is it test only? I thought I remember seeing the Gucci Cesare for sale back when the Graf Zeppelin disaster happened.

Is it T5? If so then it's not worth the suffering

New player here, after doing pretty well with the IJN DDs I decided to try the British cruisers out.
Now up to the Caledon, but fuck is it fragile. I got caught broadside once, took three battleship shells that didn't even manage to citadel me and instantly died.

I'm guessing they want us to stay back, but with 6km torps and AP shells that can't really saturate fire as well as HE spam I don't seem to have a choice.
What the hell am I meant to be doing as a Brit CL?

>New player here
>I decided to try the British cruisers out.
bad move desu. brits CL is the most new player unfriendly line in the game.

Well, damn. Suppose I have to learn somehow though.
Since I seem to have them on my hands anyway, do they have an actual job or do I just wander vaguely forward doing an extremely bad impression of an IJN cruiser?

Is Steel Ocean still alive?

You have a heal and can only use AP. But the line only starts properly at T5 when you get your smoke.

Royal Navy cruisers are not hard at all but you have to know maps and you have to play carefully

deader than wows

The Caledon and Danae are trash. The Emerald is tolerable, but still kinda bad. If you're liking the smokeshitter playstyle, try out american destroyers. The Clemson especially is easy to get and fucking amazing once you get her twin guns. The krauts have pretty decent cruisers, give those a try.

can I get a quick rundown on the japanese dd line?
Mutsuki path or Minekaze?

They're all torpedo boats with shit guns. Akizuki has acceptable guns. Most of them have been long-since nerfed into the ground due to baBBie tears.

Considering buying the anime graf just for the waifu captain. Someone please talk me out of it.

Both lines are torpboats except the 2nd one ends with Akizuki at T8 which is a gunboat that needs completely different captain skills.