amazon.com/Twisted-Ones-Five-Nights-Freddys/dp/1338139304
amazon.com/Freddy-Files-Five-Nights-Freddys/dp/1338139347

>Links
Official Site: scottgames.com
Asset Rips: s.rtag.me/freddy
Fan Booru: 5naf.booru.org
Writing Archive: pastebin.com/fryFnrQ9
Voice Archive: pastebin.com/8mN8gJYP
List of Content Creators: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1clzZcsTzZzZh6EUFR-nmF4F7zHiXTCeB4AehZLF1OHs/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/uuScHCeV
strawpoll.me/14156745
reddit.com/r/fivenightsatfreddys/comments/766m7s/fnaflorecom_concerning_the_inactivity_of_the_site/
reddit.com/r/fivenightsatfreddys/comments/76h8p0/what_does_scott_actually_need_to_answer_in_the/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How do I deal with series burnout?

I wish I knew.

I've found that actually playing the games gets rid of it. If you're part of the half of the posters here that have never played any of them then try one out, and if you're part of the remaining overwhelming majority that hasn't played any in a long time then do a replay anyways. Doing so really re-ignited the passion I had for this series, at least.

Also, ignore some of the negativity >we have towards Scott and the franchise. Most discussions are made up of complaints or what Scott could've or should've done rather than what the games did right. A healthy amount of criticism is fine, but this general really digs down into cynicism sometimes. If worst comes to worst just take a break for a week or so.

Reposting the updated collab pic

So are there actually cutscenes in Night Shift or no? I'm driving myself mad trying to figure it out.

Post yfw "I kidnapped you"

Watch out Purple Gal, the Slav in the Freddy pajamas might try to mug you!

Nah, he's just switching into MAXIMUM OVERFREDDY.

He should have gotten the turbo

_No.

Well that's disappointing.

Reminder to keep the facilities clean. The paladin has enough work on her plate already.

Repos-
Oh, never mind.

Repost
pastebin.com/uuScHCeV
I based it off an older story, so that might be way. I'll add more onto the story, so it stands more independent. Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks. I might do more with one of the scenes, I'm not sure yet.

You are the yiffiest OCfag

New game announcement coming soon, I think. A voice actor left a glowing review for Scott after having been hired for "Technician 2". We should be getting some more information in the coming days.

Rugrats is both the yiffiest and the spookiest OCfag. He has achieved an equilibrium most people can only dream of.

If it wasn't for Lewd Team Six this image wouldn't exist

I'm still mad about Lewd Team Six for so many reasons.

Alright, I'll bite. Why?

The biggest reason is because they didn't call themselves the illewdminati. What the fuck it's such an obvious pun how did no one ever suggest it.

>illewdminati
Fuck, that IS a good name. What a wasted opportunity.

Because of his bot designs? I can think of several former OCfags who were much yiffier if that's the case.
Not that it made me like any of them less, desu

I'll take note for this

Blue's TB was my first animatronic waifu tbqh

Scott must be an absolute joy to work with, I've never heard anything bad from the people he's hired.

You're mad because they didn't have more of a secret club sounding name?

>at least 2 technicians with speaking roles in the next FNAF game
Oh boy, time to rev up that theorycrafting. You guys think we'll finally learn more about Chica's Party World? Will some poor schmuck get caught up in Afton family shenanigans after trying to make money off of the Fazbear franchise like Phone Dude in 3?

How much do you think he had to have paid these people to the point where they're practically fellating him over video game voicework

Too much, probably, with that $60 million net worth of his.

I will say, though, that it's refreshing to hear new people rather than the same well-known or prolific ones that pop up in a lot of games. Scott's taking a chance and giving exposure to the lesser known people, for some of whom the only thing separating them from possible success is that one role that gets a lot of eyes on them. He's been on both sides of that process, so in a way it's like he paying it back. It's nice.

Given they were behind the fight au's creation it's quite apparent that particular circle doesn't have a handle on good naming conventions. Still, it's a shame anyway.

If you could have changed one thing about FNAF World, what would it be?

>this general still excists
was it autism?

The buginess on release, Reddit's perception of it, or the lack of more updates. I really like World.

It's beyond autism.

Welcome to /hate a 3-year-old FOTM flash game and circlejerk/ general.

Make it good

DELET

Less characters, condense the Freddies, Bonnies, Foxies, ect. into one, and make em play more unique.
Go for something with more of a narrative, or at least character interactions. Instead of a cartoon aesthetic, go for something closer to Desolate Hope and a neat atmosphere. Maybe add a dark twist to the storyline, with things gradually getting closer to reality.

Most of all, stop worrying about what Redditors think of your game.

Hm, here's an idea: characters have "classes" in the forms of their withered/nightmare/toy versions. Some have more/less than others.

I agree that we should've had less player characters, but I would've liked more enemies. Scott hit most of them out of the park design-wise.

A very important poll with a very important question.
strawpoll.me/14156745

>you will never hear Foxy and Bonnie giggling as they sprint down the hall
I think I like the blackface one more. There's more humor in it to me that Mike's costume was something he built out of shit from his apartment.

>Sy will never finish his AU

It's sad and all, but the world will keep on spinning.

I wonder if a fleshiness to the fabric would've made the Nightmares better.
The endoskeletons already do raise Terminator comparisons. Doubling down on that would bring things full circle.
Although considering how you never see the Nightmares, maybe it'd be a waste.

I feel like the Nightmares could've been better if their sharp designs were based on hospital gear.
>Freddy's wearing a surgical cap and facemask
>Bonnie has his scalpel fingers and syringe teeth
>Chica's wearing a smock reading "Let's Heal"
>Foxy has a medical cross stitched on his eyepatch
>kid's room shifts from bedroom to hospital bed
>bedside counter turns into bloodied tray with tools
>pictures into xrays and get well cards
My two cents.

How were they described in the actual novel? Because rendering whatever the bots are constructed from really comes down to the artist drawing them, and I feel like most try to give them a generic furry feel. What you described sounds a bit like latex, which may not look any different in he broad scheme of things.

Wait fuck, I only just realized I skipped over asking if the Nightmares were in that book in addition to the twisted animatronics, dammit.

Chica could be made into a plague doctor, with that beak of hers. And I really like the Foxy eyepatch idea.
Maybe Fredbear would be in a patient gown, his body and head covered in surgical lines, and Nightmare would be the end result, with an exposed cranium for brain surgery. Among other gashes and cuts.

Alternatively, base the four robots on the bullies, and go for body horror with the bullies' bodies being meshed with the animatronics, like the movie Virus. Not cyborgs, just ghastly and surreal, impossible combinations of man and steel.

Something that reflects the real world would make for a more unified and creative design concept than the Nightmares in-game, who don't really seem particularly Nightmarish. I remember people coming up with ideas for Purple building killing machines (hah) or that they'd be hallucinations from Jeremy, with a mechanic where they change from normal to their spiky selves.

So the person who runs fnaflore.com is calling it quits because of how much of a mess the lore of FNAF has become. It got posted to the FNAF subreddit and a lot of people agreed that the game's lore has become a bloated mess. Scott even posted in that thread, so he definitely read it.
What do you guys think the chances are that Scott actually tries to fix up the lore this time instead of leaving every question unanswered while making more with each new installment?

Links:
reddit.com/r/fivenightsatfreddys/comments/766m7s/fnaflorecom_concerning_the_inactivity_of_the_site/
reddit.com/r/fivenightsatfreddys/comments/76h8p0/what_does_scott_actually_need_to_answer_in_the/

>Maybe Fredbear would be in a patient gown, his body and head covered in surgical lines, and Nightmare would be the end result, with an exposed cranium for brain surgery.
I like it. I'm against the idea of the bullies because to me it's bringing in something inconsequential instead of focusing on being it's own thing. There was no reason to show who was responsible for the bite(s), or to show the bite at all but that's old hat, but it might've been interesting if the game had let the player reach their own conclusions as to the Nightmares. There could have been hints dropped that something happened at a party and one of the robots were at fault. If there had to be a twist have it be at the end maybe something like the 6am cheer an EEE or a medical chart with lots of redacted info showing the bite victim's time of death or a newspaper article about an out of court settlement.

>that entire TL;DR paragraph
lmao nigga calm down it's just a video game

Honestly, I prefer the way FNaF 4 handled it compared to these. The only way to get the full effect from these would be to put the animatronics in the spotlight more so that the player can look at them and take in all the details. Not only does that detract from the horror, but Scott's not a great model-maker so the effect would be almost completely lost and end up looking bad instead. Some of the best moments from the games come when you can't see the animatronic or only get a glimpse of them, and FNaF 4 does a good job at this. Meanwhile, the Nightmare animatronics look edgy as shit taken by themselves, but when you only see flashes of them like in the game and haven't gotten used to their appearances there's genuine fright, because they're striking enough designs that you can get all you need to with just a brief glance.

>called FNAF the Lost of video games
Holy shit, what an apt comparison.

What do you think would be the best look for the Nightmares so they're just as scary by themselves as they are in gameplay?

Thank god I just stuck with making up my own lore for OC.

I meant and agree with the idea that they should be obscured as they are in the actual game. I just thought maybe giving them a theme, hospital shit, besides pointy and loads a teeth would be a better way of having them be a unified group. Having them come out in under bright lights would be retarded and would take the spook out of any version of the animatronics.

That's a thin line to walk right there. I can't think of a single instance in any visual media where that's the case. All of the animatronics look pretty unthreatening or edgy(with the exception of maybe Sprigtrap, whose design is more interesting than spooky), the Aliens look pretty goofy if you look at them motionless in an empty, bright room, Jason is just some dude with Down Syndrome in a hockey mask, etc. I honestly can't think of any examples in popular culture where that's the case.

Well, Scott's primary concern is the fanbase on reddit and youtube. He's not trying to make a horror game anymore, he's trying to make a FNAF game that his kids and their friends would like.

So as long as the kids are interested in getting more plot twists and seeing their favorite characters (regardless of how much disservice the games have done), he won't look towards changing up what he's done.

If reddit came together and collectively realized "Hey, we've been getting gypped, and this guy doesn't plan out anything", then MAYBE, Scott will change things up and make things better.

But as it stands, the series is irreparable. Scott's going for the Minecraft audience. He's hiring people who give zero shits about spooks or atmosphere.

I can think of so many other horror franchises that do a better job at this than what FNAF's doing.

>If reddit came together and collectively realized "Hey, we've been getting gypped, and this guy doesn't plan out anything", then MAYBE, Scott will change things up and make things better.
That's literally what's happening right now. Slowly but surely the majority opinion of the subreddit is swaying. It's why Scott posted that rant cancelling FNAF6. They're all wisening up. It's possible that this is being caused by the content drought and once a new game comes out they'll be satisfied, but as it stands Scott might actually start putting in real effort.

>but as it stands Scott might actually start putting in real effort.
Considering it's been over a year since SL came out - and keeping in mind he released FNAF 1 through 4 over the span of a year - I've been hoping that's actually the case right now.

Could just be he's been taking a lot of breaks due to burnout, but considering how long one year is in Cawthon time, I'm hoping some of it is also increased effort.

I'm not sure. The rant about FNAF 6 was caused by people thinking it was the same joke he had repeated multiple times, and Scott misinterpreting their reactions and over-reacting during an episode.
As far as I can tell, outside of here most people are cool with the animatronics being good guys, Afton being a supervillain, 2bites, Miketrap, ect.. And if they were wising up, then the hypothetical reactions to Scott's claim that he's only made one retcon would've sparked another defensive post from Scott.
I don't see any sort of "mass enlightenment" coming for the community that's exactly who Scott's geared the games for.

The last content drought led to Sister Location, and even though it ended up being a bust lore-wise it did show a willingness on Scott's part to shake things up. He had to teach himself how to make all sort of minigames in Clickteam, which was stacking a miracle on top of another miracle, and even though they weren't implemented well it could very well be a sign of things to come. FNAF games with more mechanical depth would be great, and as long as Scott actually starts answering question rather than make more 6 should be a real improvement lore-wise.

That's assuming he's actually making FNAF 6 and not another spin-off game, of course.

The original Michael Myers still looks unsettling when removed from context, I think. He isn't over the top like other big name film slashers, and that subtlety helps ground him. Won't make me shit my pants but still.

It's funny you say that, I had actually typed up that Michael Myers and The Thing (both films directed by John Carpenter) looked unsettling and creepy, but I deleted it because imo they're not *as* creepy, which is what the post I was replying to was asking for.

As the guy who posted that post, they're close enough for me.

>only examples are 2 of the 3 greatest horror movies of all time
Bar's set pretty high for Scott, there.

What's the third?

Alien. This is all just my opinion, of course.

For me, it's something about the pale skin, and how his eyes are black chasms. Fitting for a being like Michael. Even when you take him out of the darkness, there's still that visual contrast between his mask and his clothes/skin.

Eh, Scott just needs to take a look at some good horror films, read some stories, and work out what made the character designs and scenes effective. Take notes on what the camera's doing, what direction the actors are taking their characters in, why it's creepy/why people find it creepy.
He doesn't need to make a character as versatile as The Thing, he just needs to start approaching FNAF as a horror writer.

Honestly, I'd prefer for FNAF to go the route of sci-fi/horror schlock.

FREDDY FAZBEAR'S SPACEREIA

I'd be all game for the series to take a turn towards exploitation shlock. It'd be pretty fun if 6 had an absurd amount of gore and slapstick comedy in it. Get Lloyd Kaufman on board for the movie.

It's a small difference, but I'm glad that Rugrats went with the monster-made-of-human-parts-only aesthetic. The alien feeler-things just didn't mesh well, even though I still have no clue what the Skinman is anyways.

Scott should adopt some thread lore like the lazy fuck he is.

>Scott expects us to root for and sympathize with Samantha after he gives her an angst ridden monologue about how much Afton sucks
No thanks

>The alien feeler-things
I thought they were intestines and veins.
>even though I still have no clue what the Skinman is anyways.
He's a man who got in touch with the darker beings living within Freddy's that exist at a level that Prize Puppet sealed away from the animatronics. Which to me is the scary part is he's not just a monster he still has his brain even if it's mostly consumed by dark desires.

What would FNaF be like if Guillermo del Toro made it?

Be just as cheesy but in a more satisfying way.

Fap furiously to Chica.

Aw, c'mon, they're cute and pleasant to look. They also give me a uncontrollable urge to masturbate.

Where I can find more of this

>They also give me a uncontrollable urge to masturbate.
I know that feeling so bad.
>you will never put a litter in Bonnie

Rugratsanon on the booru. He's got one of the longest running comics along with Starchy and Springroll.

Here and rugratsanon on the booru.

He'd take on more of a corrupted fairy tale vibe with the story, I think.

The children possessing the animatronics would be less heroic and more naughty than they are in the games. With the prevailing idea that they're no longer the kids they were when they were killed. You would have a twisted "Lost Boys" kind of feel from them, where they never grew up and don't seem to want to. If he was to show us their spirits' forms, I don't think he would use the crying child appearance. Instead, they'd be wearing animal masks/faces, each corresponding to their animatronic. They're not the same kids who died all those years ago.

In addition, I think he'd imply the presence of some underlying cosmic horror, as opposed to using another human like Afton or the Puppet to explain the possession. Similarly, the pizzeria would be less of a background, and used more as a character in it's own right.
He wouldn't go anywhere near the Bite of 87 or any of the sequels' explanations, opting instead to leave it to the player imagination. Golden Freddy remains mysterious. The animatronics themselves are tweaked to be more like actual animatronics, with no exposed joints and the "second jaw" being a hidden surprise saved for later.
Overall, FNAF would draw from Del Toro's love for dark fantasy and horror and be much more tightly knit, with designated "no-go' zones for future stories and most likely some sort of production bible. More focus on atmosphere and tension, and directed towards an older audience.
Also, Mike Mignola would draw the movie poster.

>less heroic and more naughty
>a twisted "Lost Boys" kind of feel from them, where they never grew up and don't seem to want to

Rule #481: Don't cum inside the actors.

Maybe "malicious" would be a better word. Or at least, nowhere near as lionized as Michael, Baby, Pupper, Freddy, or anybody whose name doesn't rhyme with Sister Shafton.

Guillermo is Spanish for William. Weird.

I just meant that's a spot on description of the general's best Bonnie.

Excuse me

Pet the bun.