/gtag/ - Grand Theft Auto General

You're here forever Edition

Fake News: >Crews for GTA:O
Join a crew by posting your SC name and crew you want to join in the thread then clicking the link below and requesting an invite. Make sure your profile visibility is set to public. Do not kill/grief fellow crew members.
socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/gtag_pc (PC only)
socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/gtag_vg_-_ps4 (PS4 only)
socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/meat_for_the_grinder (Xbone ft. 100% crew black)
socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/flibinjibervans (Alternative meme color crew)
Other crews: pastebin.com/GtsCr3VL

>Steam Group - No heterosexuals allowed
steamcommunity.com/groups/gtagonlinevg
>PS4 Community - GTAG VG Community (No heterosexuals allowed here either)
To join the community, search the community name in "Discover Communities" and leave a request.

>Older threads
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/gtag/type/op/

>Helpful information for new players
pastebin.com/wmwvpEmr

>Regularly updated vehicle stat spreadsheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g2Qy84YUrYu_YCcdjMhzDGuNMzwNtjVjIJzdRmrHu6Y/edit#gid=1868604557

>Graphics settings guides for GTA V
gamersnexus.net/game-bench/1909-gta-v-graphics-optimization-guide
geforce.com/whats-new/guides/grand-theft-auto-v-pc-graphics-and-performance-guide

>Latest added content and news
rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60281/Coming-Soon-to-GTA-Online-Transform-Races-and-More

Other urls found in this thread:

luci.criosweb.ro/riot/
youtube.com/watch?v=R6gtxnilxfg
youtube.com/watch?v=W9Lf2h19tdQ
youtu.be/VLMrP24LLts
youtu.be/mBNPZ1olz50
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i'd like to join the crew, my username is ManlySnail

second for fuck bigness

Transgenders destroyed GTAG.

Can you change your character's gender yet?

Can't you do it in the interaction menu?

This is just going to end up with you posting a picture of the "kill yourself" option, isn't it?

No I am legitimately curious
Can't you change your gender from the Change Appearance menu?

Last time I checked, no.

It's the guy asking about Supersampling again. Final question hopefully, but how do I shrink the filesize of a picture without losing masses of quality. Converting the PNG to a filthy JPEG helped but I'd rather avoid that if possible.

Oh alright
I thought Change Appearance lets you change everything about your character

If you want to stay PNG, there's no real way around it besides reducing the physical dimensions of the image.
I play and cap at 1440p but I resize my photos to 1080p so they post easily.

Turns out I can just hit save as in IrfanView, compression level 1, and it drops it way beneath the limit with no perceptible difference.
Also I realized I could downsample from 5120x2880 to 1440p and still get 60FPS. Nigh on killed my PC when I turned frame scaling to max, it needed 24GB of VRAM and it didn't look much different to just standard DSR.
If the game says it's res is 5120x2880, does that mean that the supersampling is working? All my screenshots came out at 1440p when I was expecting 2880p? I feel like I'm missing something really simple. Thanks for the help though dude.

Also willing to take requests if people want specific cars/locations. I'm tired of the grind and want to try something new.

>Nigh on killed my PC
huehuehue
This is why I made that comment about "all the way up". One time I turned on 4K supersampling AND 5/2 frame scaling - it crashed my game.

If your resolution is showing up like that in-game then you're good. Whether the screenshots you save come out at that resolution or not probably depends on what you're using to save them. MSI AB caps the frame before resampling it so it saves them at their source resolution, but if you're using something else it probably caps what your monitor "sees" and saves at 1440p.

I mean I got like 3FPS at whatever 5/2 + 2880p is. I've got MSIAB installed so I'll test that and see what happens. I'd prefer the shot to be as high a res as possible in case I want to crop it or whatever. The Rockstar Editor is surprisingly powerful, is there a way to import your MP cars into it?

I honestly wonder why Rockstar still spawns those NPCs in the Fleeca banks around the map if none of them are accessible anyway.

Because that would involve going through and removing code that's already there. Same reason the interior of Michael's house still loads in online even though you can't see it.

You're talking about Director Mode, aren't you? As far as I know, there's no way to import your Online cars or garages, which is one more entry on the laundry list of R*'s dumb decisions.
Since mods don't play nice with Online, your best bet is either to get a trainer and recreate the car by hand, or go into Online proper and use Action Replay to save footage of the actual car.

That's what I do at the minute, just cruise around with the in-game recorder going and just pick places. Currently only have shots of the one car, I'm going to try and get a few more done tomorrow. Got a couple of cars/locations in mind, but I'm open to ideas.
Classic R* incompetence at work. I don't mind using the editor to move the camera about but it would be nice if I could use my custom cars in videos.

Heists are SICK!

Then fuck off and play them then

Woah there. Why are you so grumpy on a beautiful Saturday morning?

Quit slurping your own miniscule cock so loudly.

Do you use Borderless Windowed?

Thanks for the assist mate
I'm SICK! of seeing you post that shit in every thread as soon as someone starts talking about something that's not DIRECTLY game related.
I did not while I was taking those screenshots, but I'm Downsampling the game so surely fullscreen is better? I can downsample my entire desktop if needs be. I've never done SS before so this is all new to me.

Asking cause
>If the game says it's res is 5120x2880, does that mean that the supersampling is working? All my screenshots came out at 1440p when I was expecting 2880p?
If you use BW the downsampling is only on paper, so to speak
Still haven't gotten around to make a screenshot xml, to be honest

As was said previously, it could be my capture software capturing the display resolution and not the game resolution. I'm too tired to check right now and it's 4am. One thing that helped me was using the commandline.txt to force the game to render in whatever resolution I wanted.

Honestly, the best advice I can give for ideas is just to keep AR going while playing, and to make friends with people. Sometimes you'll just be going about your business, and inspiration will strike, or the lighting will be really nice, or something hype as fuck will happen, and you can just hit F1 to save it or make a mental note for later.

Sunday* morning. Whoops

Chill, kids. No need to be such grumps. I get it, you don't like Heists. I sure as heck do, though

Will do, I vaguely remember AR turning off on me at certain points, despite having plenty of space. Is that a thing or am I retarded? I've got friends but they're all tasteless pricks who wear and drive the ugliest shit.
Nah I enjoy heists, I said I was tired of you posting the same inane posts every thread. If it's not Heists are X! it's your sanctimonious suicide pasta.

>he's upset enough to use passive-aggressive snark

I think Rockstar kills it around easter egg areas? Which because they are faggots is now a huge area near Ft. Zancudo

luci.criosweb.ro/riot/

I just really like Heists. And I haven't said the suicide thing in a while now

J* decides to go back and give each major update its own themed heist. What would want to see?

>I/E has you stealing a collection of exotic cars and getting them out of state
>Gunrunning has you going after a new super tank that outclass the rhino

kill yourself (say it puto)

>Take over a large cargo plane mid-flight like the Trevor mission to land yourself in a hangar full of other large cargo planes where you promptly steal all of them for Smuggler's Run

it puto

Post your anti-Oppressor videos or anything that ruins a tryhard shitter's day here.

youtube.com/watch?v=R6gtxnilxfg

Ooooh, dab on 'em

Considering buying an Oppressor just because it upsets GTAG.

which player home has the best interior?
including window views.

Eclipse Towers

Did they already do a Bonus Hangar deliveries sales week or should I wait for one?

youtube.com/watch?v=W9Lf2h19tdQ
same guy

What are the best /offroad/- or /country/-core vehicles? Eyeing a 6-vehicle apartment at comfy Paleto Bay right now
Also, where's the best spot for a clubhouse? I want to buy it just for it to be a glorified 10-bike garage

youtu.be/VLMrP24LLts

youtu.be/mBNPZ1olz50

>he lives in Paleto Bay
Why

Already have a high-end apartment in LS and wanted to branch out. Paleto Bay is one of those small, cozy towns that you don't see much in videogames, and I like that. It's also a great place to spend time in if you're a bounty since no one ever goes there. It's definitely better than Sandy Shores for sure.

Do you go on hikes with your tranny friends too?

if i had any

Do all flatbeds allow people to stand on it?

Yes, unless the lag is super bad. People should be able to stand on any semi trailer, as well as the Boxville, Duneloader, and the Guardian.

What are you going to wear for Halloween?

Your face

What's the best armored vehicle for both pvp and heists? The karuma or the insurgent pickup? Karuma's garbage against aircraft and explosives, right?

this is like the 100+ time this kid reposted this shit, cant this kid be banned for avatarfagging?

yes but the insurgent has big weakspots that bullets can travel through directly to your head

how fast is the dune FAV?

Like the 2nd week it was out

You can stand on the hood too. Only seen it work for semi trucks though.

Paleto Bay is infinite comfiness

But what do you do there? Immediately call a helicopter to go to your office back in Los Santos so you can start missions?

>>I/E has you stealing a collection of exotic cars and getting them out of state
So FF meets Gone in 60 Seconds? Sounds like heaven. Have that leading into a well done Tuners update and i might even buy a fucking shark card

If GTAO had animals I would certainly do my part to maintain a healthy bobcat population.
Can't have them running around eating all the venison after all.

No, I get in my comfy hatchback and go drive around the woods.

When I need to come into work, it's only a 10 hour drive to the office in Los Santos. (About 6 minutes in real life). I buy unwanted supplies and bring them to my warehouse, where I sell them to buyers in bulk for a profit.

10-4 HotHatch

>No, I get in my comfy hatchback and go drive around the woods.
This is on par with hiking.

its certainly the wrong behicle for the woods but a drive is certainly more comfy than a hike

Could you suggest hiking?

Never actually tried it before, but I can't find any good clothing stores that sell the stuff I need for it. Any recommendations?

a windbreaker is ideal for the colder months but dont forget some shades since you wont have your sun-visor handy while on foot

Why don't you guys try hiking in real life?

you mean offline? with all those bobcats about!?

i mean if you're on ps4 then we've done a few group hikes, and pc did it first so maybe you could still find some people?

Clothes? It doesn't hugely matter. Any kind of cargo like pants or shorts, tees, hoodies, track jackets, maybe a hat, shades, and a chute displayed so it looks like a rucksack

Sometimes, I wish the game would pull a Midnight Club LA and let us pull over and pay a fine when you get 1 wanted star. Just pay the fine and lose the star and be on your way.

You could just call Lester and pay $200 to remove it

Who here /hike/ here?

How the fuck did you get a backpack?

>Two months until snow

It's a parachute, lad.

See:

What to you want out of the next version of GTAO?

>More focus on crime
>Life sim
>Less milshit
>Better freemode

>Rock Climbing
>Free Climbing in general, like assassin's creed but way less ridiculous
>legitimate, LEGAL ways to make money
>less milshit
>less encouraged douchebaggery
>less power creep

More options for buying in game money and more homing rockets.

Region locking.

Nothing pisses me off more than tacos, hues, spaghettis, and ching chongs infesting my fucking free roam sessions with their lag-ridden bullshit.

>The title of the long running crime series has theft in its name
>This nigger want to flip burgers

homing rocket pistol soon

The dream but you know a few would still get through

Some form of "freemode" for jetshitters and explosives. A freemode that's basically passive with contact and session-wide activites.
More comfy jobs, I'd love a mix of the sp towing and gtao Haulage with good pay where you drive a rig and transport trailers around the map returning to a central depot, i'd love taxi driving, etc.
More side activities and ways to improve stats, ie muscle beach actually working like i thought it did in SA and stuff like rock climbing like user said Seeing as it's Grand Theft Auto, more car boosting, kind of like i/e meets Simeon stuff, less bs npc shooting at you if it isn't a high value car and not needing a vehicle warehouse. More car content in general and heists surrounding cars stuff like NFS meets F&F meets Gone in 60s.

We talkin' 'bout like GTAO2?

Less room-based missions like contact missions.
More freeroam-based missions like I/E and other CEO work.
Co-op lobbies that promote helping other people, cannot murder eachother, offers group bonuses to businesses.
Comp lobbies that promote being selfish and aggressive, offers risk bonuses to businesses.
Better visual and statistical vehicle customization, thinking about something like The Crew, ability to make a, oh, letsee... a Dominator into a Street Car, a Sports Car, a Dirt Rally Car, a Rally Raid Car, a Circuit Car, a Utility Car, a Military Car, or anything in between with compromises, all with the same options and tools.
More vehicle interactions, like trunks that can be used to store weapons/ammo/armor/freight/etc. Trailers and hitches as I usually ramble and fetishize about.
Good fucking on-foot controls, I wanna feel like I'm playing Unreal again!
Dissolving of character stats, careful consideration of aircraft (especially planes, not so much choppers) for such a ground-oriented game.
And, of course, better ways to see if someone's a threat. Aggression History, etc. Mentality was supposed to be the cure for this but with CEOs and MCs people can totally evade that literal red flag.

>The title of the long running crime series has theft in its name
>This nigger want to have the CIA outsource R&D to him and buy discounted Russian military hardware to park inside a military base hangar

Forgot the image of The Crew, demonstrating 1 car for 5 different rolls (frontmost car is the Factory Stock class, literally useless.)

Man, I just want to run a company that gives henchmen to crime lords who need them

oh and ffs a better map, once you get out of the fun, comfy and windy hills just North of LS you're stuck in the absolute abomination, abortion and dumpsterfire that is the northern half/third of the map not to mention Mt shittiad which is only enjoyable when hiking with a group.

Dedicated servers that aren't cooled by desk fans
An actual anti-cheat made by a respected third party company
Region locking so I never have to deal with non Americans again
For R* to not follow the lootcrate bullshit

>no radar blips
>open carrying a weapon attracts police attention
>you can only hide a few pistols/smgs/grenades on you, anything bigger is in the open and just one at the time
>trunks as weapon storages to give you access to them if you really want to
>explosives on vehicles are nonexistent or heavily limited

next youll be asking for no speeding and having to eat to not starve

not really
I just would prefer that doing criminal activities, like, say, a robbery was based on stealth, blending in, possibly avoiding unnecessary causalities that'd increase police interest and disappearing without trace and shit.
Not barging in with an assault helicopter killing in a dozen guys, to grab a package and speed away in a rocket bike being chased by fighter jets.

Or just the PvP aspect of the freeroam, it's so much more enjoyable in adversary modes and deathmatches where you have a limited weapon selection compared to the whole shittery with exploding rockets, exploding snipers, and exploding cannon bullets and so on.

haven't touched this game since gun runners
anything new?

hangars to buy, lots of new planes, quite fun but terribly paying new missions in those hangars.

so convenience stores 2.0?
we already have increased wanted levels for sprees and opening fire
not to mention store owners being more likely to have a gun if previously robbed
and if you dont wear a mask they can recognize you before you even pull out your weapon

That's like considering to buy a bullseye t-shirt and walking through a shooting range just because gun owners mildly annoy you. In fact, the Oppressor is so hilariously easy to deal with that you'd have an easier time griefing with a Nightshark's peashooters.

I'm talking about everything in the game you do in freeroam, like stealing supplies for your businesses, doing sales. And I'd prefer that sneak and pretending to be a npc was a viable way against other players, and not just throwing all the brute force you have at them.
With all the power creep vehicles and weapons we now have it all got really silly and I don't really enjoy it.