/ddg/ - Dragon's Dogma General

Previous thread: →

>Tips for new players
You can change vocations at level 10 at the Gran Soren inn or BBI.
Character appearance can be changed later on.
Don’t miss your sidequests: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Side_Quest_Progression
Further info on "Must Do" sidequests: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qS9A47duONEwozGu8A6_oX_HyCxgBwbquGmlZqEQqqg/edit?usp=sharing
Understanding the romance system: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Beloved
Hard Mode doesn't change enemy AI, it adds higher Stagger/ Knockdown resistances and increases Stamina consumption and Health damage recieved. More info about it in the wiki. Recommended for NG+

>Wiki you lazy shit
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon's_Dogma_Wiki

====================================

>/ddg/ Pawn Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/156IeHCRWMcCTU4nkIIwGgjVBetjVu47C9TvAlAc5HUY/edit?usp=sharing

>Stat Growths
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Stat_Growths

>RC Calculator
opsc.dark-arisen.com/calculator.php?cmd=calculate

>In-depth Beginner/Advanced Player Guide and FAQ
docs.google.com/document/d/17Avxu-W6BCjDrglXtHg8Z3sKB_z_5tlWhV1Vmf_YWHw
gamefaqs.com/boards/626514-dragons-dogma/74291952

>Character Creator Sliders
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QfNzxImmAvPk0jUhfKdyjxwUBg8OUl9iQhLMBL_pEl8/edit?usp=sharing

>Mods available
pastebin.com/jcbPgLdj
pastebin.com/XqfsTx3G
piratepad.net/ep/pad/view/ro.uXOgwZkXAy5/latest

>Hotkey Script for PC Players
pastebin.com/7gju0zt8

>Modding on console and old pawns
pastebin.com/NMTBXnxA

>Guide to get DDO
pastebin.com/mx95PT0w
reddit.com/r/dragonsdogmaonline/

>DDO Beginners Guide
pastebin.com/xgzbcXNg
pastebin.com/338KVa5X

>Screenshot Guide
pastebin.com/6YtfNbcb

>Make webms
pastebin.com/4ipnGRND

Other urls found in this thread:

dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/In_Aid_of_the_Emerald_King_II
youtube.com/watch?v=CoRS2hR1_4I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for qts

you first

Made a /ddg/ community on PSN if anyone wants to join it

Not exactly a great advertisement, there

Post info, I'm new to PS4 really

maybe post the name?

It's named Dragon's dogma general under the games communities section

>go assassin
>can't not pick great windmill because it's great against ghosties and is good dps overall
>can't not pick full moon slash because 1. it's the instant reset of swords 2. no dodge rolling allowed
>can't not pick clairvoyance because why play assassin at all if I'm not going to have sick counters

I feel like I can't into this vocation because there's always a vital skill I have to leave behind - as you can see, there's no room for Dire Gouge. DaggerSin is also problematic to me, and for similar reasons. How the fuck do I play assassin, /ddg/?

>gale harness
>thousand kisses
>shearing wind
everything dies with just those 3 dagger skils

Pioneer or acquisitor for strider pawn?

Neither

>wanting them to be the first party member your enemies see
>wanting them to stop fighting and pick shit up in battle
fucking neither

Joined, hope it'll grow, I have a hard time keeping up with the player tags and their pawns

Well it looks like the knowledge chair wants my strider on a pike

So when you're in prison that guard says do as you're told and a bit of gold and I'll set you free

does this mean you bribe him and have sex with him to get freed?

Great Windmill's DPS is limited in usefulness, it's mainly for mobs and against mobs you're either surrounded (in which case FMS is your better option) or you can manage them (in which case you don't really need Great Windmill). You can get some of the shorter giant enemies (drakes, chimera etc.) with it well enough, but Fire Gouge can also do that and better. If you're using FMS' invulnerability properly you also don't really need Clairvoyance. Dire Gouge will also give you the ability to fuck up the huge enemy's weak spots quickly without resorting to blast arrows and the like. It's a case of function or form. You can replace either one with Dire Gouge and come out much better off mechanically, but at the same time any of your own weaknesses can be covered by your pawns so going for what you like best is fine too. Unless if you're running solo in which case grab Dire Gouge right now this very second.

PSN: SeasonalWeasel

Fighter, Utilitarian Mitigator

You already got raped when they stripped you and put you in prison garb.

What could I possibly need 60 skulls for? And why would I need them mid dungeon? Someone please help me understand.

How long for offline Ur-Dragon to respawn? I'm desperately low on money and figured I just farm him and sell his shit + wokestones

Go sleep at an inn and he'll respawn.

There's a quest where you turn in the 60 skulls

add me ps4 @ waffleraver

You prob got that from killing skeleton's it's a notice board quest, guessing you were doing the catacombs quest and you finished the quest so they gave you the 60 skulls.

Forgot what they are used for tho...

Protip for PS4 users, if you get the PS Messages app, you can download them send pics from your phone. Also post Arisens

>Forgot what they are used for tho...
Curse you enemis.

>Taking a picture on your phone when there's built in screenshot functionality

MMO Rogue/10

There is a quest for collecting 66 skulls

Alright, lads, post your low level Sorc pawns
I'm starting a new 4 Sorcs Adventure, looking for level 15 - 30ish for main game

All I really want is for them to have Bolide, Gicel and maybe Maelstrom

Post PSN and I'll add you

The actual previous thread

Skulls, when thrown, can give the cursed debuff which is a -defense and -attack.

Grabbed her, think I'll keep her for a while, thank you~

Installing DDO.
Soon I'll see the wonders of being lancer

Hey Xbone Lurkers, made one of those community club thingies just search for "Dragons dogma General"

Is spring water still the best choice healing wise at end game/bbi?

I just love the fact that pawns will use then when you're health goes critical, that plus it heals the whole party.

>TFW a good chunk of sorcerers I see in the rift have either Nexus or Guardian

My main use for Great Windmill is as a quick ghost dispatcher and for rapidly racking up damage against armorless Living Armor, and I find it very hard to let go of the skill due to how useful it is against ethereal assholes. As for Clairvoyance, I love how fucking flashy it is and how it sucks the enemy in and releases a shockwave afterwards, which has a lot of stagger power, and I honestly see no point in playing an assassin if I can't counter shit (especially with that much style).

I also hate having to switch to daggers in order to deal any real damage when I climb a monster.

Man, what a bother... Do you see what I mean now? You gave me very valid alternatives and I'm willing to give them a try, but playing assassin is always a non-stop I-wish-I-had-that-skill right-now thing to me.

How in the name of the senechal you guys found pawns with nexus inclinations.

So replace Great Windmill with Dire Gouge and bring a decent Sorcerer or two along with you to fuck the ghosts and LAs. Or just switch up your loadout based on what you'll be going up against. You're making this more complicated than it is.

Only if you dust your entertainment centre.

Is Terrible Bend worth the ring slot?

Rescuing downed pawns frequently can make one's pawn a Nexus in no time at all.

That's mine bullying Sylvanus in

Yeah, time 2 steal some waifus

Really? That's awesome. Thanks!

You're probably right. Thank you for the advice, user.

Extremely grateful for all the help you guys have given me in both advice and pawns. Finally finished my first of many for Sloth_03 and his lil' demon pawn. Hope you like it!

Will start on the next one in just a sec

>A tip for sorcerers who struggle with metal golems
High Exequy kills them in 2 minutes

>Maria comes back
>5 stars in appearance
>'Is adorable beyond words '

Stop worrying about effectiveness and take powder blast because BOOM

>Tfw want to play Sorcerer
>Tfw when have to use my ps3

What's THE 3 inclinations for Striders?

Doesn't scather make them climb shit when I maybe want them to brainsplitter them instead? I'm not sure

Wouldn't it be like challenger/scather/utilitarian?

Very nice, can't wait to see the others.

Challenger/Mitigator/Scather.

>Swapping Cursed shit between my accounts
>Rerelease servers are garbage and shit the bed every weekend
>probably wont get the gear on my alt till tomorrow
kill me

Oh wow, that looks great, thanks! Can't wait to see who else's pawn you will draw next.

That guy glitches all the time. I was looking for him to hand in a quest and saw the marker inside a crate. The guy clipped through the ground and wound up inside the fuckin crate.

I want that wizard hat so bad, fuck this awful predeterministic system, one day it'll be mine

Do the quest, In Aid of the Emerald King II to get one

Holy Christ, Vaiire, thank you for all the stuff

t. dowtheorganic

dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/In_Aid_of_the_Emerald_King_II

quest reward, Kill Grigori anddo three of the boardquests behind Orla to have it the first

Post thinking pawns

Same here, I got some great shit back and hella knowledge. (Randolph)

I'm a little ways off Grigori, but thanks my man, forgot it was a quest reward

How do you get the divine surcoat without a bra?

Is there a way to play this game in Windowed Fullscreen? Please spoonfeed me I cant find anything on Nexus

Mods

There are certain armours which can get rid of that stuff. The trophy jacket and chain mail bracers for example.

Poor Daimon.

You're welcome, lads. Glad to know it's appreciated.

Couple days ago I saw the cutest Xena I've ever seen. Maybe even the cutest pawn I've ever seen. Just look at her. I should have sent her creator a friend request.

I accept that Daggersassin is my true calling
I am the edge
ow

>Where did all the roads seemingly lead to again?

>tfw can't remember whether goblins are weak to fire or ice

I'm going to drop this here.
I promise I won't advertise it like crazy, nor will I be annoying about it, but I figured since it's dogma related, I'd share it with you guys.
I miss Armstronk.
youtube.com/watch?v=CoRS2hR1_4I

im a dagger sin with no armor, and i get 1 shot by ice wyrm spells, but that feeling when you roll perfectly, perfect kill, or dodge and latch on and 1 phase a powerful beast is the greatest feeling in the world, like the daimon first form, if he does the flying downard punch where he lowers his head its game over for him

On PS4 if I make a new user profile it won't overwrite my main save right? I wanted to do a sorcerer run but don't want to lose all my shit

Also what should my pawn be? A fighter or another sorcerer?

And what's ur dragon at right now?

oh hey dow, I remember playing nioh with you t. occultation_

What goes on inside a thinking pawn's head?

ur dragon died about a day ago, so he still should be fresh as fuck, i tried to slay him but his hp kept going up, and he died about 6+ hours later while i was asleep

Last I heard he was at 5.x or something. If there's a big enough push, he could probably be dead during the night. Up until the shitters catch wind.

b-but I don't even own Nioh

Lv108, at the riftstone before Matt Daimon.
Who wants some riftbux at

>finally got to mercedes

better late than never i supose

it might have actually uh, been dark souls

we should try to get hunters going out in a few hours, im up for a hunt 129 pure solo sin

>taking out harpies with a magic bow

heaven

also r8 my pawn

Guess who I based him on

Want to thank Coroniumkid and Raincoats for taking my pawn out (Djima). How did he do?

Finally got to see Swolros in the pawn nexus!

Djima wasn't bad at all, actually. Died a few times, but that's to be expected from their level going into BBI.
Also add me dude, take that Wolros out for a spin
or don't, because he will trivialize the game for you at a low level

>Several re-releases and you still can't pat your pawns head when they cling to a cockatrice's head and murder it in seconds.

for a pure assassin playthrough, would it be better to do first 10 levels as fighter or strider?

I love being assassin and having my pawn carry 8+ weapons for me to swap out at any given time

>Tenacity prevents your pawn from dying via enemy Exequy.

Interesting.

Their 100% needs to be a Good job! button for when they actually do something right

And on that note:
All I want is for my Sorc that I'm leveling up to be ready to fight fucking Living Armors and Wraiths
Literally the only enemy Ican't merc alone

What are the best spells to deal with these fucks?
I recall Fulmination being good
Also, is Lassitude actually able to Torpor anything decently?

>Their 100% needs to be a Good job! button for when they actually do something right
Being able to praise and scold pawns for their actions would be amazing