PlayStation 4 General #489 - /ps4g/ /ps4gen/ /momgen/

Discord Giveaway Soon Edition

Previous Thread: ========================================

>Join the official /ps4g/ Discord channel
discord.gg/rzn8Zen

>PlayStation VR Demos Returning to Retailers This Fall
dualshockers.com/playstation-vr-demos-returning-to-retailers/

>The Seven Deadly Sins: Knights of Britannia adds Guila, Jericho, Griamore, and Howzer
gematsu.com/2017/10/seven-deadly-sins-knights-bri

>Girls und Panzer: Dream Tank Match theme song announced
gematsu.com/2017/10/girls-und-panzer-dream

>Gintama Rumble debut trailer, details
gematsu.com/2017/10/gintama-rumble-deb

>Cyberdimension Neptunia: 4 Goddesses Online ‘Customization’ screenshots
gematsu.com/2017/10/cyberdimension-neptunia-4-go

>Yomawari: Midnight Shadows ‘Exploring in the Dark’ trailer
gematsu.com/2017/10/yomawari-midnight

>The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III Beats FIFA 18 to Top of PS4 Downloads Chart in Japan
dualshockers.com/legend-heroes-trails-cold-steel-3-ps4-downloads-chart-japan/

>The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III has the highest digital sales rate in the series
gematsu.com/2017/10/legend-heroes-trail

>A-Train Express ‘New Vehicles and Buildings’ screenshots
gematsu.com/2017/10/train-express-new

>Dragon Quest X PS4 demo now available in Japan
gematsu.com/2017/10/dragon-quest-x-ps4

>Psychonauts 2 first playable milestone gameplay
gematsu.com/2017/10/psychonauts-2-first-playable-milestone-gameplay

========================================

>PS4 Pro vs Slim comparison
pastebin.com/JsXvkiYx

>PS+ Current Offerings
(US) blog.us.playstation.com/tag/playstation-plus/
(EU) blog.eu.playstation.com/tag/playstation-plus/

>PS Store Weekly Sale
(US) psprices.com/region-us/discounts/?sort=date&platform=PS4
(EU) psprices.com/region-gb/discounts/?sort=date&platform=PS4

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mm3JLUO9Urs
dualshockers.com/fate-grand-order-vr-release-date-free/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

FYI, this will be the last thread made.
We fully move to discord after it dies.

contributie, RIP in peace /ps4g/

Just filled out the Beyond Good & Evil 2 SMP survey. The fact they asked whether we would be interested in a "games as a service" model has me worried. It seems like everybody on the forum is against that, including competitive multiplayer, but I wouldn't be surprised if Ubisoft does it anyway.

They also asked about Jade multiple times, which is interesting. I suggested that, if the game is gonna be large and ambitious, the story should be as well. So, have it lead to a time skip where we catch up with Jade, Pey'j, and the other characters. Part prequel, part sequel.

Publishers want to release games with MP to keep players and gain money via microtransactions.

You are a fool. Discords will die eventually if they don't have some sort of gateway for fresh blood.

You are a fool. Generals will die eventually if they don't have some sort of gateway for new games and no tripwhores.

How's games /ps4g/

Just let this gen die. We had a good run. S/o to anyone who's been here since the Feb 2013.

Neps new game is fun.

I urge you to commit suicide.

MGS5:TPP is so fucking long. I enjoy it tho.
Plat huting will be a bitch tho

too many to play desu mate

>inb4 ps4 has no games

Any flash sale recommendations??

>tfw I get to make the next OP once this thread dies

What the fuck is that shit art?

Stop replying to this thread pls

just let it die i have the new updated and everything

Alright but put a cute girl in the OP or I'll keep bumping this one.

If there isn't a cute girl in the OP I'll let it die, just like I let the last one die.

retard i'm not making a new one if this one is up

Of course you're not. That's why I'm telling you to put a cute girl in the OP or I'll keep bumping.

Is the Pro worth it if I want a PS4 but don't have a 4k tv or is it just a meme?

pretty much just a meme desu most games are locked at 30fps anyway

It's better than a PS4, but the P5 is due in 2 years time, so...

So one thing about Yakuza 0's story I thought, is that it's never made too clear why either Majima or Kiryu desperately want to be a Yakuza

It is touched upon, Kiryu wanting to follow Kazama's footsteps and Majima wanting to make life easy for his bro when he does return, but I feel like they could have added a little more here and there regarding what it meant to be a Yakuza, especially with it being a prequel and all

Haha dont die

Thank god there's a thread, I want to post a bunch of shit but can't because discord people will know who's the retard behind the posts.

Don't worry mate, we're all friends in the discord. I won't judge you for saying dumb shit.

Really wish I didn't buy Type 0.

Damn it.......

You should have asked discord first

Feels good being part of the ps4g discord community.

>people hate the tripfag so much they literally migrate into an online chat just to avoid him
>he still thinks it's a good idea to kill this general further

change your name and then change it back after you say nigger

Fuck discord circlejerk

>circlejerk
there was a argument just now and now it's quiet, it's literally /ps4g/ before the cancertrip.

And everybody has a nickname - it's fucking hive of tripfags

I don't mind when everybody have nicknames, I just wish they would use discord for off-topic and fun chats, while the reserved real PS4gen discussion to the thread here.

That would have given both places the right balance of the right type of discussions.

Maybe once the tripfag leaves we can return to ps4g.

>leave because of tripfag
>to become a tripfag

KYS

>leave because of tripfag
That's really the only reason. If everyone wanted to become a tripfag they would've done it in ps4g. Nobody did though, everyone just wanted to get away from him.

>many attention whores and trips used to come here
>barely pissed anyone enough to leave
Jesus Christ how cancerous is this trip and why isn't there an assassination plan in play?

>I know how to get ps4g active again
>I'll moan about the discord every few hours
>i'm sure they'll come flooding back

if you want to talk about ps4 then just say something and then people might reply to what you're saying

Because 40, Citrus, DJ_Tomato, YNA, Nyon and RoboAddy would shitpost things related to /ps4g/.
TheVirginTrip refuses to be helpful and barely posts anything related to /ps4g/. He also points blame to others and thinks Ys is a good series. 40 at least will give you sauce on a doujin.

41% in MGS5:TPP

I don't come here much, but it's fascinating every time I do.

Why she's putting a Steam controller inside a ham sandwich?

So the mean posting that has risen lately + people going full /soc/ going to discord + inactive threads + how people here never wanted to play games together has made me come to the hard decision I will soon delete everyone save 5 people on my friends list who actually wanted to do stuff and would talk to me. If you are the type that does not want to be deleted, talk to people on your friends list sometime soon, or you'll be removed. I'm doing this because I would rather find a new community of people who are an actual community, and also feel I've outgrown Veeky Forums as a whole. Sorry my dudes, but this is goodbye. Thanks for the memories, even though they weren't so great.

>Quoting Fall Out Boy
See ya, nerd.

>there are people who know fall out boy
Both of you roasties can leave.

Please stay nyon-chan

Did anyone else like Hellblade? I love norse mythology and I loved that game. It was more or less linear and relatively short, but I thought it was amazing.

>B-B-BUT IT'S SONY PEOPLE WHO ARE NIGGERS!!!!!!!11

I hate this fucking board of drones...

>he doesn't know about Triforce Johnson

That is actually kind of sad. He seems to enjoy playing games while suffering in the hospital. You shouldn't pick on people.

I literally post about games and answer people's questions on games.

Why did citrus make a discord? Why was she so intent on making ps4genners her property at the expense of killing here?

Put your trip back on

So which trip are we blaming this time? YNA again? RoboAddy again? 40 agiain? Fuck off with your dumbass nigger shit

>at the expense of killing here?
This place has been dead ever since the tripfag right above you showed up.

Ever since the discord, we haven't had a full thread for a week

>Ever since the trip, we haven't had a full thread for a week
FTFY

How many full threads did we have since the tripfag showed up? 1 or 2? He killed ps4g all by himself. The discord is just yet another result of him not wanting to leave.

Nigger that motherfucker came in the summer

You can put your trip back on, it isn't a big deal.

>
Sorry I couldn't get back to you so soon. Dead thread and all.
>I don't have a PS3
That does suck. Technically every game but 6 is on the PS3, just not in English.
>doesn't sound like they really ruined any of the gameplay in Kiwami
Mostly. It's way easier to get knocked down, which is super annoying. There's also parts where bosses will kneel down and start regenerating and glowing a certain colour to correspond to a style, but you need to purchase the ability to do that which they never mentioned, requires a heat meter which you might not have, and takes time to switch to a style and by then they could've regenerated enough for it to not matter. Any heat actions gets them out of it though, so it's not as bad. Later on they will glow red for the Dragon of Dojima style, but that takes until near the end of the Majima Everywhere system to get to it. It's not thought out very well. They also added instant style switching abilities, so you can knock someone down in brawler, switch to beast immediately to pick them up by the legs. It's very cool.
>is there anything archaic in Kiwami
Not really. Because its based on 1, there are parts that do feel like a PS2 game with stealth sections and going from one place to another and back just to go back again, but that's about it.
>would I be in danger of a step back in gameplay going from 0 to Kiwami 1 or 2?
Kiwami 1 is just more of 0 really. Kiwami 2 is based off of 6 which ran at sub-30fps and feels pretty different to play. I have no doubt that they've improved on it, but 60fps is too large a step for them right now, I think. It'll have to wait and see. There is a demo for it in November and there's also a demo that you can play for 6 on the Japanese store right now if you want to check it out.

>disc drive breaks
>2 weeks left on warranty
>can't find receipt
>discover those club cards they give also store your receipts at EB games

pretty happy desu. Eb is a fucking ripoff for games though. the dude tried to sell me a warranty for dragons dogma, $5. what the fuck is a warranty on a videogame.

>none of these remakes will really be better than 0?
That's hard to say because I think that 0 is better by default being an original game rather than a remake, but I'd say that would be the case anyway. Kiwami 1 only has the one city and one playable character and Kiwami 2 will be using 6s engine.
>How are the production values in Kiwami 1? Did they redo the cutscenes to make them more like 0?
For the old scenes, they took Yakuza 1s assets and slapped Yakuza 0s graphics onto them, so you can see the bad lipsyncing in the old cutscenes. I believe if they had the time and the money, they'd fix it, but it's absolutely a budget game that was probably made to help fund 6.
>Is Yakuza 6 coming to PS4?
Yes, in March in English.
>I was hoping they'd all build on 0 and be even better, but you're telling me they're sort of shit?
Dead Souls was a 2011 Third Person shooter. The shooting was god awful until you realized that you shouldn't aim, but then the same team went on to make Binary Domain which I really liked and thought was pretty good. 6 was the first game only on PS4 and also a new engine. They're past experiences prove that they can make improvements to their games, but 6 is definitely one of the low points of the series. Not a bad game by any means though, just a major step down from 0/Kiwami. I think you should check out that demo to see what I mean. It's free to make a Jap account and the demo should still be up there, just realize that getting abilities helps the combat out in the full game a bit.

>but with 6 games in the franchise, it's perhaps a necessary evil
You're absolutely right. I think you should definitely play Kiwami after 0, but if you're going to go straight to 6 from there, maybe watch the reminisce scenes from Yakuza 4 on youtube and maybe a story only thing for Yakuza 5 if that exists. Or a story only thing for all would be better than reminisce, but I don't know if that exists and it might ruin the charm of knowing it all rather than just the bullet points of the reminisce. I'm not sure, I'll leave it to you.
>Are they making a Kiwami 3?
I seriously doubt it'll be a Kiwami 3, but they might do a HD port for 3-5 for PS4. 3 has cut content from the english release like substories and hostesses. You can find all that information on what was cut somewhere. I'm pretty sure that 3-5 run at 30fps and 5 has some serious slowdowns in some cities. One chase scenes come to mind where you run through the city and it drops to about 10fps. It's not super common though and never got as bad as that. 60fps would do the games wonders.
>Do other Yakuza games have a similar wealth of stuff to do outside the main story?
Yeah, definitely. 1 and 2 not as much, but the only ones you listed that were new to 0 was mini racers and dance off. I mentioned it, but 5 has the most content outside of the main story and the most variety thanks to 5 different cities. My favourites from 5 were hunting in the mountains, taxi racing and driving and the FPS snowball fights. Shits great. That being said, 6 removes a lot of minigames that have been in so many others. Bowling, golf and colisseum fighting are three that I can think of, but that'll be back in Kiwami 2. 6 adds some new stuff but Kiwami 2 is looking great for side content, both new and old.

also it's worth noting in australia you can basically take any store policies/warranties you see and throw them in the garbage. Anything you buy is protected under consumer laws and you can't surrender them. Anything you buy can be returned even outside of warranty if it does not fulfil reasonable expectations for it's use. A gaming console 18 months old breaking down and only having a one year warranty? You could still return that, a console would be reasonably expected to last longer than that. if they don't play ball it's easy to call up the ombudsman and they sort it out for you. "no returns" is actually illegal.

So you got proven wrong and you jump back to your previous shit? Not surprised.

>how useful are stored weapons in Yakuza?
Great for a single heat action, not as much as proper weapons. It's great that they are there though and they can definitely work if you want to use them.
>Mr Shakedown was such bullshit.
A great example of when to use a weapon. Slime guns, for whatever reason, tear him apart. I feel like it's not intentional, but it works.

As a bit of a summary, play Kiwami 1. I think you'll enjoy it if you liked 0 as much as you did. It's a commitment to get a PS3 and play the games on there, but I think they're great. I'd recommend it, but I understand it can be an issue to do so. Check out the demo for 6 if it's still there, then maybe check out Kiwami 2s demo next month to see the improvements it makes. Not everyone can emulate the PS2 games and they are pretty expensive to buy if you even have a PS2, but if you don't play 6, it might still be worth checking out Kiwami 2 anyway. It's up there with 2 as one of the best. Ishin is definitely worth checking out too at some point in your life.

>Using fake outrage to deflect the core problem
Typical tripfag behavior

>major part in the story

I see death in this characters future

>discord is full of pcniggers
nah i rather stay with the tripfag

1. That user is not me.
2. You cannot even make up your mind if you want people posting as anonymous or use a trip.

It's cool, I was here anyways 2bh From your post it seems Kiwami is probably worth checking out, after I finish up with 0 maybe it's the next step, but I might also be a bit burnt out by that point so could wait on it for a while. Especially if its just more of the same and not all that fresh after playing Yakuza 0. Hopefully the story will at least keep me invested to play through it all, even if that doesn't hold up to 0.
One thing I'm not getting though, 0 came out after 6 (if I'm getting my order right). Kiwami is based on 0's engine, why is Kiwami 2 based on 6's?
And if 6 came out after 0, didn't you say 6 was a bit shit and had a horrible story in comparison? Can't say I'm too eager for that March release.
I might have to make a Jap account then to try 6. I'm not too keen on it though because I don't like having a stupid amount of profiles on my PS4, and I'm not actually very into Jap games either, so it's not something I see myself having much use for.
I might play Kiwami. It's just a matter of if after 100% I will want "more of the same". I don't reckon I'd get round to Kiwami before March though, simply because there's a lot of shit I need to play.
I'd maybe check out the HD port if they did that. Yakuza 5 sounds pretty fun. You say 1 and 2 don't have as much side stuff, is that true for Kiwami 1 and 2 too? Shame desu, I take it they're still lengthy games though?
Thanks, now I'm in Premium I guess I'll use weapons more often, and keep in mind the slime gun.

I don't see myself getting a PS3, Kiwami 1 and 2 might be next in line and Yakuza 6 is up in the air because of the story and all that jazz, as well as you saying it's a bit of a low point. I kind of feared Kiwami 1 and 2 would be too much of a backward step after 0, but it doesn't sound like that's the case. I reckon if they've got a good enough story that interests me similar to what 0 did, they should be alright

Oh and thanks btw, appreciate all the detail and info

Ah, yeah. Didn't see that post, but you're pretty much on the money regarding the story. I think playing the other games just emphasise Kiryus admiration for Kazama and Majimas love for his bro, so it makes sense why they want to be Yakuza so much.

Definitely wait a bit. It's very easy to get burnt out on these games. The order goes 0>Kiwami>6>Kiwami 2. Although the new Hokuto ga Gotoku game is using 0s engine because some members of the team aren't comfortable with 6s engine yet. 6s issues come down to time, inexperience and budget working with a new engine and the writer saying he wants to drum up controversy. I don't get why he'd do that unless it's to make people talk about it more, but the series is already huge in Japan, so it kind of did the opposite.

Kiwami 1 uses a lot of minigames from 0, which uses stuff from older games. Pocket racer with its own story is back and they improved cat fighting by tenfold just by removing the bullshit mashing part. Kiwami 2 seems to be doing the same. Theres a sort of rts game in 6 where you build your own gang and fight in this birds eye view through an area to fight a boss of the level. Kiwami 2 is making it so that you're defending a point from a huge amount of enemies instead of going through a level. Yakuza 1 took about 30 hours to 100%, but Kiwami is closer to 60 hours. It varies for each person, but it's not a short game by any means.

PAGE 10 RETARDS

F/GO on PS4 when?
That new GBF platinum game on PS4 when?
Fuck just port all mobages to PS4

*blocks your path*

youtube.com/watch?v=mm3JLUO9Urs

I meant the whole game not something centered around worst girl

Is /ps4g/ going to play CoD:WW2

>Almost done with Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth
>Don't want to finish it since it will be over

feels bad

01 or 06 prease

>ps4 is making weird noises and no longer moves fast
Do I get my shotgun out fork out money to replace it

>get dragons dogma remaster
>excited to play
>2 hours in remember why it's both a masterpiece and flawed at the same time

so much fucking running across the map holy shit.

>06
>wanted one of the worst one
just be glad you got the best one

kill discord

kill the tripfag

0>Kiwami>6>Kiwami 2
I'm assuming that's release order, rather than story order.
I'm just bummed to hear 6 is a bit shit honestly. Especially with the fun I had with 0, I thought 0 was the latest one with the latest engine. 6 might be interesting at the least with the new engine and all.

>Kiwami 1 uses a lot of minigames from 0
This sounds like both a blessing and a curse. Like you said, it's more of the same, but it sounds like it could fall into the trap of being too much of the same, to the point it feels like you're just playing the same game again. Like I said though, I'll take my time. Maybe in a few months I'll be itching to play Yakuza, and that's when I can go through Kiwami.

Funny thing about JCC is that my casualbro is bafflingly good at it, while I'm not great. He won 5 tournaments for me with ease really, even picked one of the shitter fighters and got a tournament win. It's kind of cool they're not just straight remakes. but they're adding a lot of content for Kiwami.

Good morning boypussy gen

When do we get Hat in Time?

dualshockers.com/fate-grand-order-vr-release-date-free/