/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

horny as fuck edition
>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World's coming out for PS4 and Xbox One Jan 26, 2018, and eventually PC. pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳TGS Trailer 9/19: youtube.com/watch?v=xtT5GIViSXo
↳Demo Gameplay 8/22: youtube.com/watch?v=WBg6KnkpaXU
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC

>More News
-Monster Hunter Stories is out now! youtube.com/watch?v=r46Jbq-ZNok
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. is out now, region free. youtube.com/watch?v=Urb9cJcwAUA
↳MHXX Update 1.2.0 w/ Eng Patch v4: my.mixtape.moe/glpowg.png
↳3DS to Switch Save Data App: my.mixtape.moe/ezwmnj.png

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
Gen, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/, MHFrontier, MHO

Previous thread:

taikun zamuza for world!

I hate Frontier only because of this general.

World will not be perfect

That looks like a very painful dildo

I used to hate Frontier because of this general.

She's mine.

it's just a fun videogame, i don't know why people get so bent out of shape over designs and shit.

Would you play a game if every enemy model was replaced by a turd?

and then they charge you a monthly fee for it

the only objectively visually offensive designs in the entire series are azurebolt astalos, meraginasu and unknown
it could be a lot worse, just look at dauntless and god eater

3ds games ranking

XX>4U>X>3U

>this shit isnt shit because theres bigger shit out there
Fuck right off

why didn't I think of it before
the wyverians should have made me realize
bird wyverns, fish wyverns, theropod wyverns, cat wyverns, wolf wyverns
lion dragons, chameleon dragons, horse dragons, octopus dragons
these aren't monsters that look like other animals. animals just look like these monsters
They all descended from a common ancestor
EVERYTHING IS DRAGONS
EVEN HUMANS ARE DRAGONS
HOW ELSE WOULD THEY HAVE BEEN ABLE TO SURVIVE AND EVOLVE
WHAT WAS THE GREAT DRAGON WAR /REALLY/ ABOUT??

Lets clear this shit once and for all, how much of that garbage is REALLY canon?
there are ruins and shit and they have more mechanically advanced weapons as artifacts so there must be an ancient civilization

I would rather fuck a monster

>being a subhuman furfag
>thinks his opinion counts

So what's stopping you from fucking the handler?

The only logical explanation is that humans and dragons lived in harmony, or at least in peace.
Otherwise there's no way they would have been able to build such an advanced civilization without dragon interference.
SOMETHING had to have triggered it if it's a documented event.

also more evidence
Curious how a monkey possesses giant horns, a higher form, and electrical attacks isn't it? Almost dragonic in its appearance
Some might call it a coincidence, but I call it the MISSING LINK

>giant horns
That's not a thing exclusive to dragons, not even all dragons have horns
>a higher from
There's no elder dragon that goes super sayan
>electrical attack
Again, thats something only a few dragons do

Me, because she's my waifu. Let him fuck a monster instead.

Fatalis attacked first probably
Have you seen the thing? he's a dick

t. Dragon
I've uncovered the truth of your lineage. No more jewelish tricks from you

.....shit

>/mhg/

If that's what a handful of Horn Coins get you, then I wonder what she would give me for my 1000+ Coins. I hope it's headpats and cuddles.

She is not a monster! She is a very cute girl!

>those tits
That's not a twelve year old

Avinia is the best MH girl

Good

Something something folley of mankind something atomic bombs something something mankind disrespecting the land

Princess mononoke is a pretty good parallel to MH

1) There were some ancient people that built crazy shit like the Tower
2) They also had some other fancy weapons and materials that to this day haven't been replicated (like the Undertaker Lance you make from a Rusted Lance, the tip is broken and no smith can repair it, apparently)
3) Hunters of the past used to use even more ridiculous weapons like the sword in Pokke

So did they even fix the normal type bow glitch in MHXX switch?

And are heavy bows comparable to normal bows?
I saw MVs and I think they're pretty good.

Source?

>3) Hunters of the past used to use even more ridiculous weapons like the sword in Pokke
IIRC that's because wyverians of the past were way bigger than current times, ie. His Imenseness.

Even relative to His Immenseness' size the Pokke sword is pretty massive, unless they got even bigger than that

Were the Wyverians big or are modern-day hunters just small?

>we know wyverians hunt
>we still can't create a wyverian hunter

because it would ruin the mystery, ya dope

although having an elf-lookin hunter would be kinda neat

>elf kirin WHEN

>playing 3U
>get bored having to farm Ceadeus
>decide to fuck around and make an HBG set to use on it
>break its beard in the first area
Oh okay

I figure the wyverians of old times, were in varying sizes but around the size of that sword, because it looks like a GS.
And i've always had the idea that humans have been breeding with wyverians, which is why they've become as strong as they are, and wyverians have gone smaller.

Where does the lavasioth go in the final rest spot after limping in volcano? Always 4 man this with hbg, HS and first time soloing so idk what the fuck I'm doing soloingthe jump quest one

What if, controllable monster "PVP" mode.

4 human hunters vs a human controlled monster.

What if Riders predated Hunters, even before the war

They tried that with that one game I think it was called evolve? It sucked cause you could just cheese as the monster

Sounds like Evolve

>pick azure rathalos
>go into the air for 50 minutes

Easy game

What if people who ride and kill monsters came before people who killed monsters?

>sonic bomb a monster out of the sand
>it goes back right after deafened animation ends

Who the fuck thought that was a good idea?

In the Main Series timeline, the ancient civilization exterminated the riders via use of constructs like Duremudira.

>Riders.
>Not killing monsters too.

999 horn coins net you a reverse mating press.

I'm sure there would be some "cooldowns" on things like that.

Maybe even penalize you for avoiding hunters too long.

>sonic bomb a monster out of the water
>get stung by a vespoid
>it gets back into the water as soon as the paralysis ends

FUCKIGN RESPOND

XX discussion goes in the discord, "friend"

t. sonygger

Pukei-Pukei with Handler googles!

>animals
Here comes the retard again.

I swear half of the threads on /v/ are advertisements now. I sure hope no user tries to sell me something here.

And the other half are feces throwing competitions.

And the other-other half is mainline vs not-mainline autism

Hello user, i'd like take a moment to talk with you about the finest Monster Hunter™ experience available on your Personal Computer, PS4™ or PS™ Vita™

Buy our monster packs!

Why does /MHG/ not like X | XX again?

Because most people here don't understand that you can just play guild style with no arts and have a fun time

Will I get a Valfalk wife?

It's too anime. The gameplay is not satisfying. Like playing some shitty DMC game.

I'm sold.

too easy
its basically frontier if hunters got all the powercreep and the monsters got nothing

So how is the MHS meta? What's the way to win

Having to actively avoid shit that is in the game to have fun is terrible game design.

This, if a game is flawed just don't admit it and ignore the mainly advertised feature!

The thing that made the pre-Nintendo games good was that you were just a human, you didn't have super strength or any acrobatic abilities beyond what the average person would have, any seemingly magical properties the weapons or armor had was a result of alchemy and smithing. If you could resist fire it was because you killed a monster and used its hide to make armor, if you had a lightning sword it's because you made it from the horn or tail of a lightning creature that you killed.
It was empowering, there was this amazing sense of progression that very few games get right.
Combat was weighty and slow, swinging a large weapon took time and some weapons even use stamina for certain moves, dodging in heavy armor had an appropriate weight to it, every move had to be calculated and timed properly to avoid leaving yourself open.

In the new games, the character is capable of acrobatic feats like jumping twenty feet into the air while spinning a giant sword around as if he's on the Moon and his weapon is made of paper. The characters act like they're from Naruto, superhuman ninjas that are faster and stronger than any person could ever be, and who move around in armor and with massive weapons like they weigh nothing. Everything is faster and more streamlined to make the game easier to play, but in doing so they stripped the game of all of its strategy and caution.

I feel rewarded when I lay a carefully placed trap and bait a monster into it, then kill it with a well-placed heavy attack.

I do not feel rewarded when my ninja flies through the air shooting laser beams out of his sword like he's in a Platinum game.

there it is, boys, the "to be fair" of most hunter posts.

>gameplay not satisfying
It plays like any other monster hunter out there. The weight is there, the combat is pretty much the same just combos changing depending on style. You also don't even have to use styles.

I never understand the whole too anime argument when you got people carrying big ass swords, the armor styles haven't change since game one, you have katanas for power tripping faggots, spirit slash, dual blades, demon dance, and much more. MH is prob the least weeb weeb game out there.

>the armor styles haven't change since game one
LOL
It's like you never got the the faggy four and stuck to low rank.

We have ascended retardation

>It plays like any other monster hunter out there.
Except even Frontier has more in common with traditional MH than XX does.

I'm talking style and art direction as this is the shit you would see in some anime.

So am I, there's a very different art direction starting P3rd and X/XX is the worst, just look at Glavenus gear.

Unequipping styles and arts takes half a second and you never have to think about it again
At their core X and XX aren't awfully different from other 4th Gen MH games.
In Monster Hunter you were always able to make the game more difficult (using less powerful skills, not fully upgrading armour, not eating at the cantine etc.). All they did with styles really is adding a system that players could use to make the game easier, I don't see how that's a problem.

I agree with the sentiment but typing out that many words is just not good.

Someone typed for too long? Just call it autism and disregard their opinions.

And you get fucked whenever you get to a fight designed around Earplugs or Tremor res, the same way X and XX are designed around having adept/brave/absolutes, you headbutting a wall because you don't want to admit the game is bad doesn't mean the game is good.
Also, all the shit you list is literally gimping yourself.

They should've buffed normal monsters, the only monsters where styles have sense are the deviants and the new ones

There's no Smogon to regulate everything yet in Stories

I like Gen because I love prowler mode.

WHY THE FUCK WONT PAINTBALLS WORK EVEN ON THE THIRD TURN
TELL ME AUTISMO CAT

>At their core X and XX aren't awfully different from other 4th Gen MH games
People don't seem to want to accept this fact. It even becomes even closer when you turn off hunter arts. Weight for heavy attacks is still there and movement speed is pretty much same. Its basically plays like other monster hunter games out there with changes in motion values or whatever.

Smogon ruined online pokemon forever, let's hope that garbage never infects stories

>In Monster Hunter you were always able to make the game more difficult (using less powerful skills, not fully upgrading armour, not eating at the cantine etc.)
But you didn't do all those things or more like you didn't have to do them because not taking all those "options" didn't turn the game into a cakewalk.

No armoring a tough fight is a self-imposed test of mastery, not using styles and arts is playing the game on non-retarded mode.

>elf kirin girl

>Like playing some shitty DMC game.
At least your franchise still gets games.

Stories Showdown when?

>garbage added on garbage
woo