/owg/ - Overwatch General

Halloween is sp00py edition

>The HALLOWEEN TERROR event is still live
>the event runs from now until November 1st
>server wait times should have improved, but you may still experience queues, high ping, or server-side issues (borders / models not loading) depending on your area
playoverwatch.com/en-us/events/halloween-terror/
youtube.com/watch?v=TkYnc7pa4TQ

>new skins for McCree, Reaper, Mei, Zenyatta, Symmetra, Zarya, Ana, and Torbjörn
>Event item checklist
js41637.github.io/Overwatch-Item-Tracker/#/events/HALLOWEEN

>Season 6 changed a bunch of stuff that you might want to know about
youtube.com/watch?v=Jqf0e8zzyCw

>Mercy rework
youtube.com/watch?v=vDlCqJ1tD3M

>Junkertown is Overwatch's newest map
youtube.com/watch?v=mcPDd16_9dI

>Latest cinematic
youtube.com/watch?v=8tjcm_kI0n0

>Latest comic
comic.playoverwatch.com/en-us/zarya-searching

>Latest PC patch notes
PTR: playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/21013135
Live: playoverwatch.com/en-us/game/patch-notes/pc

>Overwatch dev tracker
overstalk.io

>Hero tips, tricks and basics
pastebin.com/Qf2AKa8R

>Source / Quake mouse sensitivity converter
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>Personal stats / leader boards
overbuff.com
masteroverwatch.com

>Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tRsfOGJ5lZg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

fags

2nd for Mercy is cancer

I want to bully D.Va until she cries!

Here comes T.Racer!

Tracer is best girl.

Nth for Doomfist buffs

That's not very nice

You get to decide what hero is next added to the game? What kind of hero do you add?

The new legendaries have no recolors, guess they realized how much it sucks to get recolors.

Tracer is very cute and I want to have sex with Tracer.

kill yourself

Blue haired tracer. She's just like Tracer BUT she likes guys.

Amélie time

why do nipples in this game look so weird
hanzo and doomfist both have their looks ruined by these buttons as nipples

A main healer that falls that
>Isn't a fucking pansy
>high skill requirement
>male
there, I don't care about anything else.

Has anybody posted Rein's concept art yet?

Tell me your hero concepts.

Hardmode: Tell me your (non-edgy) Talon concepts.

Mine is a trio of grunts who you play all three of. Technically a defense character due to a large total HP pool and the ability to "call in reinforcements" if others drop, but individually suffer from low HP. They basically treat working for Talon like any other job. Possibly have a 'core body' mechanic as an expy to a 'head shot'.

Pre-round banter with other Talon members would include getting orders shouted at them or delivering the takeout/coffee ordered.

This design looks pretty nice. I wouldn't know what kind of abilities they would have though. Looks like a speedy character.

Another healer, one that also has a rez but it's an overtime cast that can be interrupted. Like a defibrillator that takes 4 seconds to get off. That way we can get off the mercy train finally, get some variety in the healer department.

That or another tank of some kind, not quite sure what sort of one though.

That's Athena, and you'll see her at Blizzcon.

bio hazard mane

I've been playing a lot of Doomfist recently, and it feels like you either play around your team really well and make a solid contribution, diving in and out of the backline and smashing back tanks; your team is all over the place and you have no opportunities to safely engage; or you make huge dives for one kill and die because cooldowns/no team to safely fall back to. It's really frustrating when you're hanging back for minutes on end because you simply can't engage in a safe manner. His hitbox doesn't help.

I think nerfing rocket punch damage to 150-200 max for lower shift and e cooldowns would work well, shifting it from punch-fishing to actual flowing combos.

Although I might just be bad at the hero.

Another speed booster support that doesn't have to heal but beats out Lucio. Maybe give away to slow down others.

How do people react to your profile after checking your mains for this season, /owg/?

titty monster with the ball gag and cerebella looking arm things?

well there's my idea for the 'three talon mooks' here:

A Tank that uses glass/mirrors to put up shields that deflect abilities back at the enemy. A mirror that can make whoever is standing behind it appear to be stood still or inverts there movement that to confuse the enemy. Their ultimate could be a giant mirror barrier that deflects anything coming at it for a short period of time. Stuff like Hanzo's ult would be completely sent back the other way.

>Obsessed with male character inclusion
Faggot or arab?

I wonder what what point will Athena actually get a body and be Winston's wife. He really deserves some happiness.

we just need more and different healers in general.

>playing comp

Thanks Jeff.

tracer's butt is for ____

I'm neither, I just want a hero mercy mains wont try to play.

talon support that specializes in debilitating the enemy, through slows and making them deal reduced damage, their ultimate heals their team around them while draining life from enemies. All their abilities are explained by them basically being a ball off nanites.

Starring intently at from an inch away because I know I'm not yet worthy enough to berry my face in those cheeks and deprive myself of oxygen till I die

Would you control the sergeant who directs the other grunts?

Mindbreaking

>Implying Mercymains don't just pick Lucio and ignore the speed function like dolts
Sure, Abdul.

Melee battle maid

My skill rating is still 62.
No one's ever said anything to me.

using as a pillow

i recognize those tiddies
thats the junker queen

buttjobs

>got my blade
>"how long till graviton?"
>23%

i got 1shot twice and i had to run back to the fight and he still couldnt build more than 23% WHAT THE FUCK

Which skin will you be buying with gold at the end of the event if you don't get it in loot boxes?

For me, Cultist Zen and Witch Mercy

widowmaker dong

junkenstein and pumpkin

I had been thinking a bit about that, yeah. Basically you play the 'sergeant', you're able to see perfectly clearly through your two 'squadmates' and shoot through them, they don't block you, but they do move and shift around (possibly with one button skill that alters formation) to obscure the 'right one' to shoot.

Throw in another skill that lets you call in a replacement for when one falls (can only call in one at a time), and maybe the ult could involve the trio donning riot shields they can also shoot through to boost their forward defenses?

Clonetroopers would play a bit of inspiration as well as The Monarch's minions in Venture Bros.

GIRLS ONLY

i got the zarya skin in my second box so none of them
i might buy some of the other shit though i have the credits

like this

im missing sym/torb/ana
probably sym only

she's so perfect ;_;

cultist zen

i'd also like mei's but that's one i'm willing to wait until next year for

A shapeshifter. That'll be their elite, allowing temporary shapeshifting into a character already in game getting another immediate ult.
Otherwise they would rely on dual pistols and molotovs for area denial.

>pick widow on def Dorado
>chat is silent entire first round
>we win 1-0 (it's close to 2-0 but we make it
>I'm gold on elims, with 17, thought I played OK, did a few nice escapes when targeted by their dva
>chat

widow switch tank now, we carry you

>suddenly every one on the team joining in, I point out I have gold elims and can't even remember who our other DPS was

ok great you r still ****
etc
>like I was going to play widow on attack anyway, I pick dva
>we win
>carded at the end for 42% kill participation with the widow artwork in the card

Why is it not possible to pick widow without being flamed?

I got Zarya and Mei's so the others were just icing on top. But I got everyone of them except Sym's and I don't like Sym so i'm happy.

How detailed do you want their nipples?

The only thing I really want is cult Zen, I'll never get the coins in time though. It's pretty comfy only having one thing you're aiming for, all the other events I wanted shitloads

Because Pixar artstyle.

I like this concept a lot. Maybe use a radials like the one used for the communication to be able to quickly choose between different formations.

Don't you guys just love it when you get a nice pick, or you just kill someone who was out of position and Mercy saves the day with a click? What a fun game OW has become, its run by literal retards. Reminds me when bastion was reworked and he could survive a full High Noon in sentry mode, how can you constantly fuck up balancing your game, Jesus Blizz

>tfw tracer will never sit on my face

youtube.com/watch?v=tRsfOGJ5lZg

game

I just bought the game for the meemees

Will the uprising skins ever come back?

good image ruined by anime eyes

Metaslaves have a meltdown if you pick non-meta in the try hard e-sports mode.

at least some texture, image is a good example
unlike in game where they look like a birth mark

yup, in may.

I don't have enough Overschekels to buy one. And I already bought Witch Mercy. Personally McCree skins are pouring over me so I'll mega fucking surprised if I do not get Van Helsing by the end of Halloween.
I don't fucking know. And I'm the guy that wants to buy battle medic Zigeler because I missed uprising by mistake

thanks bless you

Is orisa actually dog shit? I tried playing her because I want to play a defensive character but I fucking hate reinhardt. I am kinda disliking how shit her gun is. It doesn't seem to do much, its not scary and its not threatening.

Is it even worth learning her? I am a newer player too.

I had similar game where I was Symmetra on Hanamura. We defended the first point well and once we got to the second. Genji and Junkrat scream for me to switch. End up having all golds and locking down the area. They ignore it and just keep bitching. I did say I would switch if my generator was destroyed or if Junkrat switched. Neither of them happened.

>worth
Difficult word there. For comp? No. But if you are new, I'd absolutely try out all the heroes.

She's not dogshit, she has quite a high skill ceiling and (like most off meta picks) is powerful if played right.

The anime eyes are the only good thing about it.

Thanks, I think what I enjoy most is the possible exchanges these guys can have with other Talon Agents.

>"Reaper, Sir! We just completed the operation you sent us on! Here's your coffee!"
>"You incompetent morons! I don't have time to drink it before the mission and it'll be cold afterwards!"

>"Sir, Sombra, sir... We regret to inform the mission was a failure: they ran out of your favorite snack at the grocery store and someone else bought up that blouse you wanted."

what are her strengths and how is she supposed to be played?

>>powerful if played right
>completely btfo by Pharah
>completely shutdown by Sombra
>literally anyone can bully her up close

Why are they all men? Women can be soldiers too.

She's decent, her gun is quite good considering she's a tank. However you have to be aware that there is a lot of shit that can easy kill her without her shield up. Use the gun to scare people and keep you and your teammates behind your shield.

>hook a Tracer with hog
>Tracer blinked to the right, but smacked into a wall
>even though they never left my screen or went behind an object etc., the hook still broke

An armored big guy with a hammer and a shield.

Working as intended.

>daily junkenstein endless
>round 15
>get hook chained for a solid 10 seconds
moshi moshi

I have just given up on ever talking to my team about composition. Sometimes I have had reasonable people, but more often than not ,they either get really defensive or make unreasonable demands.

I'd like if they had more defined and muscular bodies, especially their pecs.

male or female, they'd have to all be the same gender and for further confusion, all have the same voice, even the 'sergeant' you play.

The idea is to keep people confused about which one is the 'head'.

Speaking of which, I'm thinking a passive when the 'sergeant' dies will have the surviving mooks begin firing randomly at enemies for a few seconds as they 'fall back'. They can be killed, maybe even drop a small health pack as incentive not to let them survive since I don't imagine their damage output should be enough to be more than something that bleeds out an enemy player for a living teammate to then finish off.

>play JR
>every single match every single hostile enemy focuses on me and me alone no matter who I use

I agree with this. I completely get the art direction they're going for, but you see mercy armor and she has these exceptionally round titties, but then someone as huge and built as doomfist has disproportionate pecs.

Reposting some concept art user found in last thread. Thank you previous user and if you have any more please post.

Is it possible to get good with Tracer if you can't aim? I assumed she relies mainly on game sense. Basically, I can't aim at all, I'm shit with characters like McCree and Widowmaker and I shoot like a spastic with Solider. But Tracer just looks so fun to play when you're at least semi-competent with her. The problem is I can't just "Pick her and have fun" because it's not enjoyable when you're shit with the character.

>all hogs ult at once only targeting you as you're pretty much flying
honk honk

>make McCree topless
>show he barely has any muscle definition and a teenage boy's chest

One of these days Winston is going to snap and rape that bitch

What do you think of Rein mains?

A healer with a fast-projectile slow ROF rifle, like Ana's, but unable to scope. It just does damage, but it charges a healing meter that empties slowly like Zarya's charge. E ability sends out a healing pulse in a 13m radius and on a 2s CD, and the higher the meter is, the more health gets healed by it. LShift projects the same healing pulse as a beam that has 22m range and works on the same principle, although its default healing amount is higher because it's concentrated.

Maybe she can be a cute little Russian girl for the waifu factor and to have another anti-Omnic racist since Zarya is OK with them now.