/smtg/ - 真・女神転生/Shin Megami Tensei General

New 3DS game is called "Deep Strange Journey/Strange Journey Redux" further info and trailers

atlus.com/strangejourney/home.html
shin-megamitensei.jp/dsj/
youtube.com/watch?v=6kXOfSFb2EU
youtube.com/watch?v=IvLc8kXrz1g
youtube.com/watch?v=09Ty1p9tQEQ
youtube.com/watch?v=kJ-5x5IaYFA

SMT HD Project teased at Nintendo Switch Presentation
youtube.com/watch?v=ut9ekAp2drs

New SMT HD Project info coming October 23rd
gematsu.com/2017/09/shin-megami-tensei-hd-project-news-coming-october-23

Dx2 Shin Megami Tensei: Liberation announced for smartphones
gematsu.com/2017/09/dx2-shin-megami-tensei-liberation-teaser-trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=AAiRowFQLY0

Alignment themed concerts
personacentral.com/event/shin-megami-tensei-25th-anniversary-festival-law-side-concert/
personacentral.com/event/shin-megami-tensei-25th-anniversary-festival-chaos-side-concert/

>Starter guide
i.imgur.com/zJcYpuE.png

>Tips and tricks
pastebin.com/J6ER3Eve

>Fangames, artbooks, soundtracks, manga, and other downloads
pastebin.com/znkHg0kZ

>OST links
pastebin.com/kLbYxjFU

>Misc translations
pastebin.com/XE7fjVPy

>Booru
smtg.booru.org/

>Recommended reading
pastebin.com/ByiXrDGX

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.twitter.com/addison_angelo/status/890027834932166657/video/1
youtu.be/LllPFcrGsP4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Remember, let's positive thinking.

Yamai is a hack.

Is this Homestuck?

Glory to God and his Millennium Kingdom of Order!

In other words,

fuck you.

...whatever that means.

>walter ruins it again

fucking chaosfags

Give me fiend art right now.

I like White Rider.

Kill each other, human. For i am death.

Should I play Raidou or Soul Hackers first? Which is better?

>i'm silly

Depends. Raidou is set in 1920's Japan and has a more action oriented combat system. Soul Hackers has a 90's cyberpunk setting and plays like a more traditional SMT game, think SMTI/II.

Whichever of those sounds better to you then play. If anything I guess I will say Raidou isn't like any other SMT so maybe that if you want some SMT but a bit different.

Raidou 1's gameplay is shit, but it's story and setting is really fun. Soul Hackers is just all around fun. I prefer SH but Raidou is alright if you've been playing a lot of the games and want to mix it up some but still want to play megaten.

Mastheema? Mastefrost?

Mansemaho

Fuck off Chaosfag, go cut your dick off to summon Lucifer.

When is ATLUS gonna save megaten and announce DeSu3?

Never. DeSu is dead forever. Instead of fucking Kagatsuchi using Schwarzwelt and Angels from Avengelion to destroy the world, they should have just made another God vs Lucifer game. Fucking DeSu 2 still makes me butthurt because there are no angels and no YHVH. Who fucking cares about Polaris or whatever nigga give me my YHVH and law faction back.

>Desutrash

Virgin chaos hero vs Chad law hero meme when?

As long as it isn't shit like DeSu 2, sure. Otherwise fuck it.

>Blade of Terror'ing in the distance

Playing through SJ for the first time, what are some good side quests to do, whether it be for interesting side stories or useful rewards? I'm in sector E right now.

Never and it saddens me. DeSu OC and RB are the only Megaten from this decade I've bought.

How about all of them, except maybe Thoth's riddles I never got so mad a quest in any game

>DeSu OC and RB are the only Megaten from this decade I've bought.
Did you honestly passed on the latest mainline released?

>he didn't buy Strange Journey or IV
Come on my dude.

>muh milleneeam kingdumb

Some of them were arbitrary fetch quests like "bring pixie a bead". I was trying to avoid those.

As many ss you can. I genuinely can't think of one quest where the reward was too shitty.
The final two obes are definitely pretty bullshit but if you comolete all of them he gives you the best sword in the game, though it's neutral only so if you're law or chaos you can skip his quest.

Even in that quest she gives you a decent weapon. The pixie knife cam be useful since it hits multiple times and can cause charm.

Pirated IV and hated it.
Pirated Final and kind of liked it, dropped it and now waiting for it to drop in price/be on sale though.
Couldn't buy SJ since it didn't release in Europe which is a shame because the game is great.

Guess I'll just do them as I find them and maybe go back and do some earlier ones. I enjoy running around the dungeons enough so it'll probably be fun.

>since it didn't release in Europe
Didn't stop me from importing it.

I will show you the power of God AND anime!

>pirated IV and hated it
>didn't like Final
>didn't even bothered importing SJ because muh european
>loves DeSu
>somehow loves the half assed ports of OC and BR
Jesus dude, just hang yourself.

>importing
But I refuse.
>didn't like Final
Get your eyes checked you piece of shit. I'm not even gonna bother reading the rest of your crap.

mobile.twitter.com/addison_angelo/status/890027834932166657/video/1

classic

Filth! FILTH!!

You are a false messiah.
MUST ANNIHILATE.

>AND anime
Disgusting.

You didn't like it if you dropped AND refuse to buy it. You can pretend you liked it just to fit in, but you're honestly just trying to justify buying it.

More and more I'm getting the feeling that Shinjiro Takada might have gotten window seated after TMS#FE underperformed. I hope not. I'd love to have another DeSu game.

Do you guys think Merkabah post in anonymous filth boards in secret at the monastery?

>if you dropped AND refuse to buy it
I dropped it because I want to start all over again with a purchased copy and I'm not really in a rush to play it.
>You can pretend you liked it just to fit in
If I wanted to fit in I'd have to pretend I like IV and Final is the worst thing ever.

>implying he's not the only lawfag here

An smt or a smt?

the smt

S begins with an E when you pronounce it. So, "An SMT game".

A True Goddess Metempsychosis.

An EsEmTee, but a Shin Megami Tensei.

how long now?

A mainline game in osaka

Soon.

A mainline game in your hometown.

Speaking of which, is there any stream of the Law Concert? It's happening in 5 days, but I can't find any stream for it.

A mainline game on /smtg/.

youtu.be/LllPFcrGsP4
FUCKING KILL YOURSELF ATLUS
YOU PIECES OF SUNIBEE SHIT

We all seen your mistake, user.

L-lewd.

yes and?

kiema_katsuragi

Streaming again on twitch.

>23rd finally comes
>trailer releases across the internet
>its catherine 2
how would you feel, /smtg/?

i'd be ok

Any game is fine, really. We know for a fact that a mainline will be out in 20XX so I'll still patiently wait for that

I've never played Catherine and don't anything about so I'd be indifferent.

was catherine atlus testing the waters for a SMT or persona game in a western setting

>no ero manga/doujin by Kaneko
Give me one good reason to keep living

The possibility, remote though it may be, of there one day being an ero manga/doujin by Kaneko.

Chen

are you acting like jonathan doesnt do that to some bosses with bufu

Just imagine all the lewds he must draw for himself.

That's a good reason

>there are people who will betray their crewmates for the sake of sucking Mastemadick or becoming a chaosnigger

Truly the worst.

The correct answer is to do all endings
We'll see what happens in the new ending, assuming it's different enough and not just another flavor of neutral or something

The funny thing is that a majority of the time, staying loyal to your team is the lawful dialogue choice.

you get them to join you

Post your favorite semen demon

black frost

Titania pleases old men for free

What are you all expecting from SMTV?

crossdressing cuties

Something just occured to me. In nocturne a demon mentions how humans souls change, but they have a limited lifespan. and demons souls don't change but they don't die from age. Some people weren't sure what to make of that and assumed it means demons cant even do things like change their mind on things (despite showing thatit happens in nocturne even much less the series). But I realized what it means. there's a reason souls changing is tied to age. What it means is that since demons don't age their soul doesn't naturally change the way people who are aging do. People cant avoid changing as their go through different lifestages, and can end up as totally different people. Demons don't age, so they don't naturally move forward like this. But it doesn't mean they can't make decisions and change their mind the way someone could at any one life stage. Which is why they can side with you for different alignments. Its just pointing out that since they don't age, their "form" stays the same, and all that implies. Their analogue to aging is changing their form