My buddy is going crazy and telling me to invest in $2 bills...

My buddy is going crazy and telling me to invest in $2 bills. Says that they're going to be discontinued and given gold backing, while the rest of the currency remains fiat through the fed audit

thehill.com/policy/finance/312662-audit-the-fed-bill-gets-new-push

What does Veeky Forums think? He's being real crazy, but he was right about bitcoin way back when.

never gonna happen.
are you retarded?

Sounds retarded. Sovereign-citizen tier. I feel like I've heard this story, or a variation, before too.

I don't think so either. I also didn't think the same thing when he talked about Bitcoin shooting to be worth thousands when it could only be mined or whatever.

I'm just worried. I mean, what if he's right?

>what if he's right?
this same bullshit has been going around since the 70's at least.

you think the US gov is going to hand out gold for your $2 bills? kek. The only reason they print them is because people collect 'em and it's a voluntary tax on morons. Same with state quarters. How many billions did they make off that shit?

even if they gave you gold, what would it be, $2 worth? You could just as easily go out and buy $2 worth of gold. Silly fools. You can buy gold any time you want. It's not a problem to trade dollars for gold.

And how much many millions of dollars did he make from bitcoin? Surely he took out large amounts of loans to invest. Any idiot can run his mouth.

Damn, that's the most two-dollar bills I've ever seen in my life. What you doin' with all those, son?

>What you doin' with all those, son?
I don't want to talk about it.

suffice it to say there's no reason at all for you to collect $2 bills.
None whatsoever.

He made a lot. He had like 10K of them when the price started to go up

I just talked to him and he says they're going to be worth more than $2 when the government say's they're "backed by gold"
Something about it'll be the only currency where counterfeiting will still be illegal

>I don't want to talk about it.

Well now you gotta come clean! Spit it out, please? Anonymous message board and all.

>the only currency where counterfeiting will still be illegal
kek

so counterfeiting the $100 will be fine, but don't you dare print off any $2 notes!

fucking retards I swear.

>Spit it out, please?
personal reasons, leave me alone!

>inb4 the 2 Dollar Mauler killed his family when he was two years old, in febuary 2002.

He said, "tell those cocksuckers to get real good at sucking my cock, because sucking my cock for $2s is the only way they'll be able to pay for clean drinking water after I'm proven right"

I think he went over the line. But I'm worried he's right

mmmmrrrggg
weird how it always boils down to the oral sex, isn't it?

like his $2 collection is now going to get him unlimited bj's from crusty old men and their nasty wives.

Like he couldn't get those for free, he needed some $2 bills to get licked. I get offered oral at the bar any time I care to go. What is this dude, supremely ugly?

is it herpes?
why the fuck does he need $2 to get blown? People regularly do that for free. Mammals love to suckle.

Come on user, spit it out. You're collecting 2 dollar bills to try and summon the killer, to get revenge for your dead sister, mother, and her husband,

I'm a collector.

I have collections Veeky Forums can't comprehend.

Haha your friend is a tinfoil hat, if anything gets discontinued it will be larger denominations.

I cleaned banks out of $2 bills to pay for a 10,000 dollar car just to piss the dealer off once. Worth every bit of time it took to get them.

>$10k car
>poor people things

I want to see please.

Like what?
the other day I drank $700 worth of scotch in a single night.

Veeky Forums couldn't confirm the value of my collection because I DRANK THE LAST 2 BOTTLES OF THAT AGE IN EXISTENCE.

It happens.

It goes from A to B. I don't spend enough time in it to justify blowing 60k on a car. If you want a seven series BMW or an Audi to project your status, fine more power to you, but i'm happier letting that 50-60k stay with me.

t. wicked sick 2014 acura owner as a graduation gift from dad

:0

Never driven a Japanese car and proud of it. Bet that traitor up there doesn't even buy American.

my junk.
I also have a car. also dodge

Thanks for the laugh.

I'm just sad you cant buy an American truck with a manual anymore. Manuals are the best for towing, but today most people who own trucks don't actually need a truck, it's just a status symbol because it's big, cheap, and exempt from the gas guzzler tax.

>Dear Diary
>Today I learned there are Americans so stupid they think bills are redeemable for gold. The whole Trump thing is becoming more clear now

I like a slushbox for wheeling. Beats popping the clutch and stalling on a cliff.

that bitch in the pic has a tow setting that locks out the OD. Works fine. Technically that's my work truck though. It belongs to the business I own.

Here's my car. It cost more than $10k.

$2 bills included for scale.

I've got that shit down to a science. My parents weren't poor, but their parents were, so I drove a lot of manual $300 cars that required a lot of precision driving to keep going.

My favorite was a 1998 BMW 540i we bought for $500. Only thing that really worked on it was the engine and the six speed manual transmission, but my god could it go. I embarrassed many a jock with a V6 Mustang who thought he was hot shit.

I used to do that too.
no clutch, racing it by timing the tach.

I was also born poor and stayed that way for 30 years. My best poor person car was a manual 1980 Camaro RS with a 305. I wish I still had it, it's now worth $30k. I think I paid a grand for it.

my second best is that bronco II in the background of my pic.

wheeled the shit out of that junk. Technically it was probably more than $10k though. I dropped a lot of cash into it.

That Bronco is a thing of beauty.

glad you like.

4.56's, 33 12 50's, locked back, welded front, 4" suspension and 2" body, headers, custom tranny, tom woods drive shafts, winch on a receiver, scalped fenders, I-beam bumpers.

it's a fuckin beast. I take it places $100k jeeps can't go.

Jesus, I bet.
Definitely some inspiration.
Now I'm looking at Broncos on Pinterest board lmao
btw Where are you in those pics?

Holy Cross City Trail in Colorado.

I did worse stuff with it.
Iron Chest Mine Trail in the same area was 1/2 mile of hell. I also blew an engine in a particularly bad mud puddle on a trail once.

here's a shot of me and my bro changing engines after the mud puddle.

I went through 3 engines and 4 transmissions, 2 transfer cases on that thing in 10 years. I used to buy whole Bronco II's and scrap them just to wheel.

Beautiful scenery. And that's some wicked shit my dude. I'm jealous.
Here in So Cal there's a lot of desert off-roading but I myself just haven't had the funds recent years to get too heavy into it. It's on the list though.

The beauty of the thing is I never spent more than $20k on it and I took it everywhere. It's the sleeper. People with $80k rock buggies would meet me on the trail and wonder at all the gadgets I had under the hood. Twin batteries and monster gears. Bored and blown motor. Stuff like that.

I want your Rubicon.
I have no doubt my junk would make it. I just want to do it so I can say I did.

Problem is my B II is a trailer queen now. No way it would make it to Cali under it's own steam. The bitch can't stay in a single lane at 55.

>I myself just haven't had the funds recent years
that's the thing right there.
It's a massive waste of money.
My wife would rather go to Italy than to the top of a 4x4 trail.

They have a face value of $2 so that's all they will ever be worth.

In the same way the $1 coin I have is worth $50 since it's pure silver, yet I swapped a $1 note for it at the local bank branch.

0.0001/10 you made me reply with a true old man coin story

nowadays banks pick the silver and the foreign coin and cash it in themselves.

>How many billions did they make off that shit?
i actually read that they're losing money on it because people arent collecting as much as they had hoped but they're still making them becuase fuck if they know

>Thinks the mistake of one trailer-park tier psycho is indicative of 62+ million Trump voters

It's like you don't even want to stop ingurgitating penises

mass produced paper currency will never be worth an investment

the story is different if there is a rare flaw acknowledged to be a flaw, like a name misspelling.

I invested all my assets in dollar bills in the 70s I'm so happy. I gave them a nice sterile temperature constant habitat and they started fucking like crazy. Some have even formed colonies of dimes. I lock the door when I have guests they can't find out I'm a fiat breeder.

>chebby
>American
lmao some toyotas are more American than """""American""""" shit nowadays goyim

This
Chevy is cheap Chinese shit at this point

>t. Oldtimer merc driver

>not buying gold with soon to be worthless fiat
>then swapping it back as the new system stabilizes

why tf would you spend more than $9K on that shitbox?

Exactly, I was working as a part-time teller and an old lady wanted to deposit the $1 coin into her account. Poor thing.

They've been saying $2 bills were going to discontinued for like over 10 years now.

I like silver more.

pic didnt pic

must be something sexual

Ok and if he's right so what? Why not just buy gold with 2 dollar bills? Or any paper money anyways? What is your point?

>Why not just buy gold with 2 dollar bills? Or any paper money anyways?
kek

hit it in one shot!

all dollars are redeemably in gold. You just take them down to the coin store and buy gold.