/divg/ - Divinity: Original Sin General

Voracious Whores Edition

Previous adventure:
Patch 3 notes:
steamcommunity.com/games/435150/announcements/detail/1470847507677711328

Item Crafting List: rcfox.ca/DOS2Recipes/
Skill Book Sellers: divinityoriginalsin2.wiki.fextralife.com/Skill Books
Skill Book Crafting: divinityoriginalsin2.wiki.fextralife.com/Skill Crafting

Divine Ascension (soundtrack, concept art, artbook, lorebook, a map, now in high res) + Extracted Soundtrack:
mega.nz/#F!tpNGXaZR!UttmYFiknpMvm28ZcOddJQ

Nice.

do not fall for the god king meme

um, if i'm undead and i have my shoes unequipped for example do they all know i'm undead?

>Toughest ending to get
>All you do is turn yourself into his cuck slave
Clearly worth it

They figure you just have skeleton shoes.

but i thought with me wearing a cloak they couldn't see my bony feets, guess not

>tfw flesh sacrifice is too good
If I'm elf mask as Fane it fucks up chat checks for Fane's story right?

Pretty butterfly!

That character makes me want to puke every time I see it.
Put her out of mysery, please.

Yep

Do items stored on Lady Vengeance get lost at ANY point in the game? If so, when?

die

Someone told me yesterday that 100%fire and air/water res mess up the ai of Lucy boy and the kraken respectively. They lied

Nope, they never do

if you play co-op and the party decides they have different ideas for which ending they want, does the game have you battle for it double-dragon style or does it expect you to talk it out out of game?

>Put fuckload of points into leadership
>Invincible
Is this a strat?

Yes, it happens randomly and often.

If you want to be invincible just wear plate armor, equip a shield, and take a few points in necromancy along with the living armor talent. Nothing will break you, you can solo tactician that way if you nab lone wolf.

>it's one of these episodes

So, which one is it?

I just smacked the Doctor and he died. Is that normal? I was expecting him to be much stronger.

You smacked him a little too hard. It's normal, but you missed out on his final form.

Well, they never disappeared for me in five playthroughs. No idea what the other user experienced, but I can assure you that nothing ever disappeared for me, including whatever I just dropped on deck.

Did you just straight up kill him while he was still human form? If you let him transform he turns super buff and the fight's tough if you don't take out all his nurses.

6 playthroughs, they constantly disappeared in every single one. That other user is probably playing a pirated version, storing stuff on Lady Vengeance is not safe in the slightest.

Guess you just got lucky.

>but you missed out on his final form.
Dang. Well I guess it doesn't matter. Dead's dead.

>Did you just straight up kill him while he was still human form?
Yeah. I just used Phoenix Dive to teleport behind him and then killed him.

>Dead's dead
His final form is ultimate thicc though, so you did miss out on something.

Just killed Isbeil and all her troop before letting her torture me. was this a bad idea?

I'm playing the Red Prince and I think I'm nearing the end of the first island (which will lock in which companions I use I've read). Already have and am satisfied with Fane and Lohse as companions, but I'm not totally decided on the last one.

I have been using Ifan, but he kinda strikes me as the main character stand in, and seems like he might be a little generic as a regular companion. Beast seems fine but without much in the way of interesting ties to the world, which Ifan definitely seems to have (got an amazing crossbow I promptly handed to Fane). Sebille left a bad taste in my mouth when I had to reload because she slaughtered the lizard dreamer I needed for my own personal quest, which I find infinitely more interesting than her quest. Any input? Typing that out I feel like I should just stick with Ifan

Ifan is actually one of the better companions because of the sheer amount of content he has. There's something related to him in pretty much every chapter.

Beast is by far the worst companion and isn't worth the effort because of how little content he has, everybody else is fine to great.

So I'm trying to perform the "le smoke weed" ritual in Meister's basement. I'm at 3 source points, I've got the bowl and blodied blade but I don't have the blackroot - checked all my inventories (including bags) and Lady Vengeance. And the drawer tells me to fuck off because I have everything I need. What do?

Bring Sebille and give her to her master in act 3.

You go out and find some. On your way now darling.

clusterwood

>gain the ability to devour animals for source
>lose pet pal

How do I use it?
If I get Pet Pal back, do I lose the ability?

this post just reminded me I'm running a lone wolf solo custom character as my first playthrough and I'm almost at the end as well, should I take some people with me anyway before finishing fort joy?

I was in the same situation. I just grabbed Lohse because I felt I would need a mage. I didn't regret it. The game was definitely better with her than it would have been without her.

Everything into ranged or everything into huntsman 4 my ranger, now that my warfare is full?

Re load go back to the ship remove pet pal get the source slot and pick pet pal again

>your own poison totems shoot you if you're undead and need healing

neat

Enough huntsman for the skills, then ranged

I already had three source slots when I helped her out, though.

What happens if you do?

he's saying if you want the source slot you remove pet pal beforehand so it's not taken from you.

im thinking about doing that yeah. you didnt bring anyone else though? I'm thinking about bringing two more, or at the very least bringing Sebille along with Lohse to have a mini harem

Thanks.

>you didnt bring anyone else though?
It was a Lone Wolf run and that only works with at most 1 party member.

>at the very least bringing Sebille along with Lohse to have a mini harem
I killed her first encounter. Whoops.

If u play lonewolf u can only take one companion with you if you dont want to loose the stat bonus.

Who ever said Battlemages are weak because they require to much stat point distrubition needs to try playing one Two handed. Keep a good Melee and Good Staff on you and you're good to go.

>use mirror
>get to bring friends
>use mirror again

No clue, find out for yourself.

>Still no load button in the main menu
? ? ?

I'm in Hall of Echoes after smoking during ritual.
2 Voidwoken were here, 1st one died easily but all of sudden I'm hiting for at level 16. That's a bug, right?

Yeah but I was thinking of bringing them to the next act and taking turns dismissing and recruiting them.

Or can you not dismiss them after clearing fort joy?

Meteor shower, hail storm, thunderstorm or pyroclasm?

thunderstorm

BRING ON THE THUNDA

Thunder Storm.

Arrow storm

>On second level of a building with the intention to fire down onto the enemy with my ranger for height advantage
>Can't shoot down because the railing is in the way
God damn it all

>enemy walks up and melees you from below

>finish game as fane
>ending treats me as a regular human
nice game larianbabs

Fuck radeka.

Why did i just get the villain tag for killing black ring soldiers at the start of act 3? I thought they were the bad guys.

So uh
Which Source masters are safe?

Succ, Mordus and Jahan

no, if you examine it, it has 99% physical resistance. Kill it with magic damage.

Yes.

probably because you started combat on them while they were neutral to you i.e. you attacked """"""innocents""""""

Is there any way to turn on the turn based shit even outside battle? Every single time I know there is a battle ahead an I try to prepare I fail horribly because by the time I cast two buffs the others already expired

hm, yeah that'll be it. dumb af.

>final fight, cool
>Lucy and friends not much of a prob
>Braccus goes muahaha
>summons kraken
>makes it it's life's mission to kill my ass
>infinite 0 cost teleports
>massive damage aoe shit
>poison fire combo
>necrofire
>NECRO FUCKING FIRE
>Braccus teleports everywhere every turn
>Isbeil follows him around healslutting

Good gods, did they playtest this shit? I tried the max resistance AI cheese but they seem to have fixed it and now his stupid snake just facerolls me whenever it is it's turn. At least in the Alexandar fight I could just run away and say fuck this shit, let them kill the giant worm.

Hit continue, or hit story then load?

Why is magic so shot in this game?

> friendly fire
> annoying as ground cover
> anti synergistic schools
> All enemies have absurd resistances
> generally more MA vs PA

How the fuck is this balanced?

literally git gud

Nevermind. I was trying to save Meistr by killing the executioner before calling for reinforcements. After a few tries I managed to do that but suddenly Ifan dropped to 0 attitued towards me. Fucking hell, did I accidentaly hit the Lizard Wizard or it's because I attacked a "neutral" npc?

Also, should I start leveling wits? The only one who goes first is my summoner, the rest of my party is always after the enemy.

Just persuade the executioner

Why would you waste ap changing weapons in battle AND splitting your stats?

It looks like you always buy thing at less than their value, is there a reason not to prioritize gold when pickpocketing?

does it really matter that much if gydian dies?

this fucker just runs in necrofire constantly

What are good skills for a sword and board character? Already have shield toss and tentacle lash for damage, but most warfare skills (crippling strike/whirlwind/etc) feel like a waste since they do so little compared to a two hander using them.

Not Saheila? Weird.
Thanks, user.

She's an elf, and also Hitler. Don't trust her.

Not really. You really don't have to let anyone live, and he's no more important than the black ring prisoners in the white magister fight nearby are.

does that lizard still teach me source mastery if he dies though?

You miss out on a FREE source skill book and Hannag's power-up.
Also, you're doing something very wrong. Just toss him Soothing Cold and a heal occasionally.

No idea. Probably not, but it doesn't matter. There are way more way better source masters who can teach you for way less effort. You can even fuck a succubus to get your source point. Apparently the lizard also makes you lose pet pal.

Get two in geo and two in necro. Shackles of Pain + Reactive Armor is amazing on 1h + shield. Reactive Armor is a pretty solid AoE as long as you keep your armor and shield upgraded, but if you shackle something first they're going to die from it since they eat the regular damage and the damage you inflict to yourself with it.

Yeah, they really need to fix that.

If you can pass a persuasion check then she'll agree to help you regardless.

I haven't seen those skills yet, still in Act 1, but that sounds neat. I'll just respec (I heard you can do that after act 1, which I'm guessing is when these will show up) to put some points in them. Thanks

Fuck the First Vampiric Voidling

>didn't do the evil ending on fane

nice playthrough babby

What is her problem anyway?

summoning and geo or summoning and nec?

Summoning Geo and Nec