/indie/ Indie and Misc. Games General

Previous thread: >What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as A Hat in Time, RUINER, Cuphead, Heat Signature, Steamworld Dig 2, LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, OneShot, Rimworld, Age of Decadence, VA-11 HALL-A, Subnautica, Machinarium, DashBored, Vampire of the Sands, Darkwood, Card City Nights 2, Braid, Monolith, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, West Of Loathing, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles. Absorbed the /lite/ general some time ago and /jrpg/ is welcome.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indie and miscellaneous games, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

>Link to the winners of the GTP Indie Cup.
pastebin.com/u9TYjkj3

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/467380/Khimera_Destroy_All_Monster_Girls/
pastebin.com/Lvuh1i0D
nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1447/?
nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/341/?
steamcommunity.com/games/286000/announcements/detail/1464092662624035140
store.steampowered.com/app/29180/Osmos/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Should I play underrail now or wait for expedition to drop? I also have shadowrun dragonfall in my backlog so I'm not hard pressed but everyone here keeps sucking rail's dick hard.

Might as well wait until Expedition drops.

We nikoposting?

Does this count as nikoposting?

*blocks ur path*
sad thing i was really weak to fight him, when i came back later he vanished and only the normal mutants were there

Will we ever find what makes these spawn? Is there anything notable you did this time around?

Its the same mechanic as "Gaster" in Undertale, a diceroll at the start of the game

Yes.

>Reach Big Dog's level in NT
>Entire level is one big room with Big Dog at the center
>mfw

Why is this game popular, again?

>inb4 nah dude just git gud the game is totally fair you're just really bad and stuff

Good question

>Someone saved my Niko passport

hhh

Hey guys I'm writing Cuphead smut to spite someone it must involve Cuphead preferably his brother too so throw me requests thanks

Bukkake to fill their heads

this is good thanks the more the merrier

Probably. Someone on the forums said something actually pretty interesting just the other day. According to him his mutant appeared while he was on his way out of Depot A, after he already cleared out the place. So however it works, it's not connected to the regular respawn timer.

This place is cold.

Chuck's Challenge isn't really bringing the challenge. I'm on the last world and the puzzles have gotten very gimmicky and unimaginative.

Cuphead and Mugman taking a double-ended dildo while sitting in the Devil's lap.

How come nobody talks about this?
store.steampowered.com/app/467380/Khimera_Destroy_All_Monster_Girls/

>Indie
>FREE
>Very Positive reviews

hey user I hope this satisfies I didn't read it over to check it and I'm slightly intoxicated but I hope it's decent enough

pastebin.com/Lvuh1i0D

ty user

cuphead and mugman being prostituted by the devil in order to earn their souls back

Tchort tentacle fucking Cuphead and his brother in anger because it doesn't like people talking about Cuphead when they could talk about Underrail more instead.

I don't like the artstyle

>Tchort

the fuck is that

Tchort is evolution.

Tchort is great.

big dog is a damage check
he should be done almost immediately unless you weren't picking up weapons

Nah dude. Just git gud, the game is totally fair. You're just really bad and stu-

Sorry you already know what you need to hear.

Post incline

Formerly Chip's

I liked it and I look forward to War Girl

Adaptation by Locon when

It's on my backlog.

anyone have a download link to the hat in time soundtrack?

Someone posted a mega link a few threads ago. You should be able to find it if you follow the previous thread links a few threads back.

Thanks, I'll do that asap

What are some good mods for Stardew Valley?

Are those dialogue overhaul mods for Star dew any good

nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1447/?

He said good.

is this for real

Judging by the comments, yes.

>Abigail: +118 new lines (Bisexual, transgender, autistic, you get the idea. She loves frogs now.)
THIS IS FUCKING WAR

nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/341/?

rlly makes me think

>Shane: +155 new lines (He is trans, autistic, and bisexual.)
>Haley: +153 new lines (She is hard of hearing and wears hearing aids. Super bisexual. I projected my OCD onto her and its kinda overplayed, but what can i say? I love being edgy.)
>Caroline: +106 new lines (Shes a trans woman! Trusts and loves Pierre and Abigail w/ all of her heart. She likes being a housewife, and is very content w/ her life. Also didnt cheat on her husband because, thats really boring. :/)
>Pierre: +56 new lines (Hes a genuinely good person who loves his wife & daughter a whole lot. No longer a jealous bastard, and just a regular dad. Hes anticapitalist, which yeah is ironic, but thats the Joke.)
>Vincent: +86 new lines (More dialogue idk what anyone expected.)
>Clint: +10 new lines (Respects Women / Big Lezzie. Depending on which file you choose. Take that as you will. I am a lesbian.)
>Abigail: +118 new lines (Bisexual, transgender, autistic, you get the idea. She loves frogs now.)

Jesus fucking Christ

wtf i hate mods now

>The Matriark eats mice, but has Hopper as her second hand

hmmmmm

>10

/indie/ is dead. Long live /indie/!

long ded indie

This place is going to be a storm of posts when Expedition releases.

THIS place is going to be a ghost town when Expedition releases.

This place is already a ghost town, where the fuck is my Expedition?

>I'd love to share some details on how things work, but it's still too early.
>still
>Too
>EARLY

NEVER

EVER

crazy zoners

I wanna hug and comfort this loli with thick eyebrows

Is pickpocketing in Underrail good?

Underrated and a viable alternative to lockpicking and hacking.

You will be swimming in ammo and money from the very start of the game, find more oddities and crafting mats, etc. There are tons of mechanical/electronic doors you can open by stealing a key/keycard from an NPC and a few quests can be solved with it.

Also, nothing is more hilarious than taking Ninja Looter and stealing ammo from enemies before the fight. Especially crossbow users.

bump

>stealing ammo from enemies before the fight
Alright, you've convinced me to do a pickpocketing and stealth heavy build, just have to decide on my choice of weapon.

Just keep in mind stealing from enemies is tricky since you have to get next to them, spend some time pickpocketing, pick the item and retreat all in stealth mode without getting spotted.

You absolutely need Ninja Looter to cut the pickpocketing time. High stealth, good timing, approaching from behind, quickly picking the item and entering combat mode to retreat are pretty essential as well. Other than that, Interloper helps quite a bit.

>just have to decide on my choice of weapon
Any weapon can take avantage of high stealth, but I would say crossbows, knives and sniper rifles lean towards it the most.

I chose SMGs because I've never done an SMG build before but I've done snipers, crossbows, and knives. I'll probably get a cloaking device ASAP and activate that whenever I need help with pickpocketing shit.

Wuppo is on sale for $5.24. Should I?

Now wait, that requires a dedicated psi build with 6 INT, 10 WILL, and at least level 14 with nearly maxed TC until that point. That's very different from an almost guaranteed stun for the cost of 20~25 effective skill points and 10 AP available from level 1 that will be good for the rest of the game.

Yeah. It's quite fun, IMO. Although I haven't played it in quite a while. The only bad part out of base game and Boss Rush is the Credit Grind. Towards the middle of the game, there's a segment where you gotta fight a horde-style boss a bunch of times or do several minigames/wait a lot until the "Credit" score in the middle of town hits a specific number. It used to also take 10X as long, so it's not AWFUL anymore, but still crappy. Rest of the game is excellent.
T. First guy to beat the entirety of Boss Rush

Frighten is an almost guranteed ranged CC that lasts 4 turns for 15 AP, requires 30 effective skill and is available from the very start of the game.

Do I even need to add that psi has the ability to score 2000+ crits on top of all the CC?

If you say so. How about Telekinetic Punch then. Almost guaranteed stun, available from level 1, requires 0 skill, cheaper than componetns+blueprints and doesn't use batteries.

Also, taser is something psi builds can use in addition to their psi abilites. Doesn't work the other way around.

there a good indie game about space-related stuff, that can run on a craptop?

>lasts 4 turns
Up to 4, not 4.

>equires 30 effective skill
Base, so at least level 4. But try to hit anything remotely higher level with that 30 skill, that shit will be resisted all the goddamn time, and when it lands you'll be lucky to get 1-2 turns out of it. Meanwhile it burned up 40 of your psi.

>psi has the ability to score 2000+ crits
And what's that good for other than bragging rights? You can count on one hand the number of fights where dealing this much damage has any benefit at all. Anything that can kill reliably is just as good as something with the ability to overkill.

I'm not going to argue that a full psi isn't OP as fuck, because it is. But it takes a dedicated build or a monk, not just simply psi. If you can't take the obscenely broken Premeditation and Locus of Control, or Mania. if you hybridize it, that's a whole different story. Those stuns will get resisted often, the damage won't be anywhere near as good, the psi and AP cost of the good ones will be huge.

That level 1 taser? It will just werk, no strings attached.

>That level 1 taser? It will just werk, no strings attached.
Only once 3 turns. From melee range. It can be resisted.

Meanwhile at 3 will psi:
>absolutely motherfucking guaranteed freeze
>irresistible stun every turn, 8 range
>irresistible 2t stun / 0 weight trap
>force fucking field

And of course actual dedicated psi builds get way more.

I feel a good way to nerf psi besides tweaking the scaling would be making telekinetic punch and electrokinesis only stun if they do a minimum amount of damage as a percentage of the targets maximum health. Crippling strike should be the same way, pretty annoying to get crippled from 1 damage.

Tooth and Tail update
steamcommunity.com/games/286000/announcements/detail/1464092662624035140

fuck frogs

Children of a Dead Earth has the lowest 3D detail graphics Ive seen in a while
Heat Signature is 2D

Warning that Children of a Dead Earth is incredibly autistic and not for everyone. If these types of games are your thing then it's well worth it.

I still don't see the problem there. You now invested in two psi skills on top of taking that health malus. Freeze is gone way too easily. That irresistable stun has high AP cost. You won't get that 2t stun for a good long time, you can have only one of them, and it can be still spotted. Force Field is godly if used well, but alone not enough to be worth the pill.

Of course you'll get something for your investment, otherwise what would be the point of hybridizing instead of just using traps/grenades? But it's very far from broken.

Remove fox. Seriously. They have no idea how to balance her and they just upped her fucking damage making it easier to get free value out the goddamn bitch.

>That irresistable stun has high AP cost
and will get stopped by even the shittiest shield.

>10

It was talked about before a bunch... Good game, but yeah it's kinda ugly.

A better color scheme would have gone a long way.

/indie/

Is it worth to spend my shekels on the Necrodancer DLC?
Should I get it as soon as possible or after beating the game with every character on vanilla?

Why does your character look like that creepy sonic meme?

I already cleared it 100% but did not do the speedrun challenges.
Excellent game but without lestplayer viraling it will forever stay a hidden gem.
Anchor is best ability

store.steampowered.com/app/29180/Osmos/
This one has 1/3rd gravity levels iirc but all non cell levels are very spacey.

>the ending of Steamworld Dig
I thought I suddenly jumped into The Desolate Hope.
Infact, I will fuse those 2 games in headcanon from here on out. SWG is a good explanation why the communication stopped in TDH.

Is Desolate Hope worth a download?

Yes it's even worth the price it had originally.

Disassemble nerf when? It's way too OP.