/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #997 - A Successful Plumber Says To Buy Sonic Forces Edition

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/KenPenders/status/918921002523824128
youtube.com/watch?v=4GQIS39hBiA
youtube.com/watch?v=6dcOvROLMJg
timeanddate.com/countdown/launch?iso=20171107T00&p0=179&msg=sonic forces&ud=2&font=hand
youtube.com/watch?v=jHAUZ_oT3IQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for girl sonic is my girlfriend

*unsheathes katana*

First for Silver a cute!
A cute!!

Looking things up, it'd seem ol' Penders is flipping a bitch about how the only thing a writer should care about is royalties and that IDW and Sega "stifle that".

Fucker just wants reprints of his Archie shit to make more money and won't get any of that now.

I really hope Forces is longer than Gens because i'm not fucking paying 40$ for 30 minutes of gameplay.

What’s gotten him spooked, /sthg/?

I want to stick it in the honey jar

Do you even know how Sonic games work?
They're arcade platformers. You're suppose to play the stages multiple times to get a better score/time.
Sonic games have never been particularly long played straight through.

Jesus fuck

They said that on a single playthrough, it's about as long as Gens or Colors. But there's a ton of stuff that'll keep you going back & playing through it.

This

Low effort trash.

SO LONG GAY SILVER

>*But there's a ton of boring padding stages and half-assed DLC that'll just barely artificially extend the life of the game by like maybe an hour or two

FTFY

Classic Sonic was a mistake. Imagine if there was a classic Mario, it doesn't exist because classic Mario is regular fucking Mario. Having two different versions of yourself is stupid.

Shadow is the best daddy in the series.

Seems accurate

FUCKING THIS

I wish I could see more Sonic cosplays.

Why do you even play Sonic games?
Do you even play Sonic games?

Those poor goombas

It has to happen cause this shit fanbase bitch and moans about 2d and 3d

*protected*

Well, what fucking answer did you want, user?

To be fair, some fans were acting like Classic & Modern Sonic were two different characters before Generations.

>tfw missions from the Adventure games come back

Silver is all about flat chest and that ass

>Do you even play Sonic games?
No, user, I just stare at a television screen imaging a blue hedgehog running around.

>To be fair
Stopped reading right there. Find a better sentence starter.

Would Penders have the balls to try to autograph the IDW Sonic comics and try to sell them at comic-con?

Wait, Penders is flipping out again? Gotta link?

to be frank Carl, I don't like your atitude

Thank you. Exactly how I’ve felt about the entire thing.

ok

Before Generations, some fans were acting like Classic & Modern Sonic were two different characters.

Some fans were acting like Classic & Modern Sonic were two different characters.

Few years back, some fans were acting like Classic & Modern Sonic were two different characters.

Does that change anything, user?

Why the fuck not?

Flipping out may be an exaggeration but he seems bitchy about IDW.
twitter.com/KenPenders/status/918921002523824128

Because he never wrote those issues or have his material?

S A L T Y

They should come back. It's an incredibly simple way of padding your game out without forcing it on the player. Same with the ranking system from SA2. Style points would work great with the boost gameplay.

>P-please i wont write too many echidnas dis time
>why wont IDW get me! my comic is good :(((

Yes. I know. It was sarcasm. I was implying he totally would.

>mfw forces gets better reviews than mania

Bubsy's gonna do better than both of them, why even fight about it user?

I dunno, aren't most of them still employed in some way? ABT's got work with the mini and some shit at Archie, Yardley's got Archie work, Herms has Archie AND IDW work, Aleah is likely a shoe in for IDW, Hesse literally has to never worry about his next paycheck ever again. Only one that seems salty is Jen and the bitch is the human equivalent of the dead sea. And this is just going off what we do know. For all we know, people like Yardley and ABT could go to IDW (Yardley seems likely given he's almost as iconic as Ian is in terms of the comic) . Then again Penders lives in his own world where the only comic that exists is Sonic

Yes, this post makes me want to punch you less than the previous one.

Then you should know how Sonic games work and realize that playtime is based on replaying levels to get a better time, smartass

Fact: Pushing Classic sonic into the boost games is a mistake that only holds back the polishing and improvement of the boostt formula

Fact: Boost sonic has yet to come close in terms of quality to any of tyhe genesis games, including sonic 1

Fact: the best possible scenario is to keep the two separate, allow boost to improve, and allow classic to just give us more goodness.

If Archie lost the rights to Sonic, doesn't this mean they can't do reprints anymore, effectively scuttling any hopes of royalties from pre-reboot content that Penders laid claim to? With the switch to IDW and the win against the other writer in court it really does seem like an attempt to scuttle all that archaic and 90's bullshit with looser and terribly-kept contracts so they can have a clean slate.

And not deal with Penders anymore.

Sure, but who mentioned replaying stages, user?
We're talking about half-assed DLC and padding via 'daily missions'.
Pay attention.

Well to be fair that wasn't me, user.

I'd put Generations over Sonic 1 personally. But I agree on the other two.

Fact: Sonic Forces would be better if it was Knuckles Forces

>muh open world sanic gayme
directly comparing a Mario to a Sonic game is a waste of time.

Almost every classic game is teh same with maybe 1 or 2 new items in it that """change""" the game.

Would you bully him?

Come on, user! You should've let me impersonate you.

Most of them are either still involved or have moved on to different/better things.
It's only Penders realising he ain't shit and has nothing else.

>Pay attention.
Maybe you should "pay attention."

This is the original post The response about DLC is in direct response to its length
In fact, you're even more retarded since the post about DLC mentions "padding" which can only refer to length

I want this to happen not out of spite but just so Sonic can have two great anniversary games this year.

I meant No because Sonic with glasses/Nikki is cute

>Stealing another anons identity
Have you no shame?

It actually will. Just as it's hilarious and original to to shit on Sonic, it is hilarious and original to ironically love Bubsy.

Sonic is absolutely for bullying, so yes.

user, calm down, you messed up, we all make mistakes. Take a breather.

>There are a punch of people (critics especially) who don't want any of Sonic's "annoying" friends to be playable

I say these types should be ignored and never be given the time of day until they learn to shut their mouths. Because this kind of attitude doesn't do those under utilized characters any favors.

Exactly. And he's trying to project it onto everyone else while putting on a "think of the creators" facade when the first thing he did when the comic got canned was shill his own shit. The first thing Ian did? Link the patreons of every single one of his co-workers and urge followers to send them support.

You could make a "Goofus and Gallant" type thing with Penders and Ian at this point it's fucking comical

We call those fans "contrarians".

Pre-reboot will likely never be reprinted again. Post-reboot has a decent chance.

I'm a contrarian, and I take offense to that. The "classic" and "modern" descriptors need to shrivel up and die.

Fuck Monika

user, please.

I'm making a bird because at least they have a mouth that's shared with actual characters of the same species, and you all should take a stand with me and tell Sonic Team that we shall not stand ugly mouths on our Sonic characters

>mfw in 20 years when the robot uprising starts and sonic games are banned for being hate speech

we should really be taking a stand against monkey bears

I see you countdown user.
youtube.com/watch?v=4GQIS39hBiA

youtube.com/watch?v=6dcOvROLMJg

There are 23 days until Sonic Forces is out. Yes that's right, there are just twenty-three (as in the number you get when you divide the total number of stones (rounded) in the Great Pyramid of Khufu at Giza by 1000,000 (there are 2.3 million stones in said pyramid)) days left until Sonic Forces is released in the US.

timeanddate.com/countdown/launch?iso=20171107T00&p0=179&msg=sonic forces&ud=2&font=hand

This goes here too.
youtube.com/watch?v=jHAUZ_oT3IQ

I'm a good summoner.

all of 2 seconds between you

>tan eyelids
Motherfucker who drew this didn't do their research

Modern had tan eyelids at first.

I'm making a hedgehog because hedgehogs are cuties.

>in another dimension people question if Mario was ever good while Sonic Adventure is considered a masterpiece that set the standard for 3d platformers

The tan eyelids were always there. It only changed starting with Sonic Heroes.

Sonic had tan eyelids until Sonic X/Sonic Heroes was released.

Mario didnt even set the standard for 3d platformers in this dimension

BRING ME THERE user

What if Sonic had the first ever 4D game?