/fg/ - Falcom General #117

Previous thread: Watch out: CS3 Spoilers in the thread.

>Cold Steel III Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=fr-8b6S6HOQ

>Trails of Cold Steel PC out now:

store.steampowered.com/app/538680/
gog.com/game/legend_of_heroes_trails_of_cold_steel_the

>A version of the old Zero no Kiseki fan translation was leaked:

mega.nz/#!LM4Hxb5J!0LrSUQF0yPjveDVPLSSn3Xq1i_tSwvqXHIU9Rzd3fiE

Don't forget to support the games and spoiler the spoilers!

>Latest news

- Ys VIII released, but PC release date delayed due to issues with the port: steamcommunity.com/app/579180/discussions/0/1484356232247880393/

- Trails of Cold Steel III is out right now, news/article translations: gematsu.com/tag/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-iii

- Sen III trailer has been subbed: youtube.com/watch?v=QGfoGCWHLgI

- Cold Steel PC guest blogs (written by port programmer Durante, of DSFix fame):
xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/163720373505/loh-trails-of-cold-steel-pc-guest-blog-3-from

- Ys Seven is out on PC: store.steampowered.com/app/587100/Ys_SEVEN/
gog.com/game/ys_seven

- Zwei II coming to PC via XSEED (Summer), preview stream: youtube.com/watch?v=3gVOBPNrNgU

- Tokyo Xanadu out on Vita, improved EX+ version on PS4/PC scheduled for late 2017

- Cold Steel 2 confirmed for PC, release date pending
twitter.com/xseedgames/status/850395724223098880

>Older news

- Check out these Trails FC & SC updates, re: translation improvements (xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/159288714430/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-series-localization)

- Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana brought by NISA. Please complain to Falcom, not XSEED (they're upset about it too). Good Japanese grammar is extremely recommended.

Pastebin (aka music): pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Extra Stuff (Guides, links, CS undub): pastebin.com/n2G4xL5s

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cnG7Vkbmhdo
streamable.com/xt6ik
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for daughterus

Calvard when?

How is Calvard going to top Osborne?

With isekai and idols

>Went from robotic/emotionless loli to best daughter in one game.

Sasuga Falcom

It wont.

Revenge.

youtube.com/watch?v=cnG7Vkbmhdo

Why does she suck out Rean's EP?

>Still no Sen 3 announcement

HURRY UP WITH THAT DEATHBATTLE ALREADY XSEED/NISA

And the cats in the cradle and the silver spoon

You'd think since they're most PS4 in the west falcom would be eager to get the English out in a timely fashion try to target the vacuum that is summer.

user it hasn't even been a full month since Sen III came out. Don't expect anything about localization annoucements till at least December at the earliest.

When has Falcom ever tried to properly sell its shit to foreign publishers? They always fuck it up by taking too long.

the ps4 version of ys8 must be some record?

And that's cheating because the Vita version had an enormous head start and contained almost all the text.

What about tokyo xanadu then why is there a huge gap for its ps4 version?

Kinda of a bad record since it came with lots of issues in the translation and some new bugs, but otherwise yeah, probably their fastest localization.

Because Aksys wants you to buy it twice and so are trying to replicate the Japanese release.

Compared to tokyo xanadou Ys8 is not as horrible and they had way more time for xanadou where was the outraged for the vita version?

A bombination of nobody playing the game and Aksys giving less fucks.

I'd say they're bad in different ways, but people were also mad about the bullshit separate release dates. Perhaps not here because nobody played it to begin with.

Well that was a dumb move with Xenoblade 2, Hack GU rematers and Ni No Kuni 2 surrounding it. Mid September would've been a better window

Osborne just wanted a nice quiet life in the boonies with his family. FUCK OUROBOROS AND FUCK CALVARD

Indeed. I don't know what they were thinking. It's been obvious for some time that this December is death for games that niche.

Exactly desperate fans already got the vita version for $40 and others already waited 2 years so what is an addition 6-8 months of waiting to get it at a discount

More like fuck Erebonia.

It was their own people that wrecked his house.

Um, Calvard had nothing to do with anything.

You sound like a filthy Calvardian

DUMB EREBONIAN

How come nu-Class VII had more development in one game when it took Class VII three games to be somewhat relevant to the plot?

So when we do go to Calvard will the protag be a bracer or a Calvard Intelligence agent?

your classmates are mostly filler for world building

Improved writing and less filler

Thinking about it Rean, Alisa, Jusis and Fie were the only members of old VII that had stuff to do in bother games. Well technically Emma too but she's more like Celine's meat puppet/carrier than an actual character.

Rape bait.

Because there's only 3 of them instead of 8 so they can afford more focus.

this

Can't wait for the doujins

Millium and Crow were also both heavily involved in the main plot. Laura caused friction for Fie and Machias caused friction for Jusis. While Giaus is only relevant in Nord

Musse and Ash got development as well for a total of 5?

People generally refer to just the OG members of Class VII even though Millium and Crow are part of it too.

Those two are also kind of separate story-wise, too, since they have a bunch of mandatory scenes and don't need help to be relevant to the plot.

he'll be this

My problem with Emma is that even though she's technically a member of the class, she barely does anything worth talking about. You could easily fuse her and Celine and have the result as a recurring npc/senpai character that doesn't join outside of like one off stuff (kind of like Wazy, Noel and Dudley in Zero).

It would be interesting if we got to be a jaegar
choosing between high paying dastardly deeds
or low paying honest work.

streamable.com/xt6ik
>throwing best boy on the suffering train
Why is this allowed?

>Musse "I wanna fuck Rean" Egret
>Ash "muh evil eye" Carbide
Although they're plot relevant, they have Elliot tier development in Sen3.

why not both?

(You)

A double agent?

The suffering train isn't picky. All will board, whether they like it or not.

There won't be any Calvard games, after Sen IV we're going to Leman then to the final arc.

sure why not. Throw in some prophecy about a chosen one to banish the evil spread from erebonia while we're at it.

T.didn't play the game

They throw a bunch of hints about Musse, and she does get a lot monologues.

But Rean's been on it since CS1's ending.

That's not how you spell Jusis.

>Throw in some prophecy about a chosen one to banish the evil
THIS

>chosen one to banish the evil spread from erebonia
Sounds like Rean if Ka-fai's letter means anything.

Can I get a quick rundown on this succubus?

But that's Rean.

>Jusis
>Better than Rean
Pick one.

You mean pick two.

> Rean
> Good
Pick one

At this state we might as well say pick half of the old class VII.

Never ever

>tfw thought the Reanfag invasion was a meme
>tfw people actually think Rean is anything other than a LN ripoff
How the FUCK can anyone with a brain think Rean is a better character than Jusis? Did you get dropped on your head when you were a kid?

Cold Steel wouldn't be so bad if Jusis was the protagonist instead, so he's better.

I lnow its "cool" to hate Rean but he really isnt that bad and he balances the cast out nicely in terms of personality and character dynamics.

>Rean being bad

I wish Sara was the MC. She could've ended all of this shit.

>playing FC on hard
>already reached Ruan
>didn't bother learning how orbments work, been using Tear to heal the whole game and using basic attack arts such as soul blur
>been able to defeat every enemy but things are starting to get very difficult
Am I gonna have to learn how orbments work and get a good setup or can I continue bumbling around like a retard and still finish every sidequest and complete the game?

For real though, Rean in glasses is actually pretty handsome.

>t. Reanfag
He's pretty good if you like self inserting into the protagonist.

Is it?

Stop posting and do something about your father, Alisa.

Check the book for arts list, and check what each art requires for those little jewels (sepith count), and when you get an orbment, check what sepith count they have, and what line they are in to mix with others, which gives you more arts to use.

Having AoE spells is pretty convenient

It seems my worst fears were realized, now I have to choose between finding a good setup myself or taking the lazy way out and just use a quartz guide.

Get aerial, and it will carry you for most of the game.

White Gehenna or Aerial are your friends

>Alisa

Its not that hard, almost all of the good spells fall on your lap if you put the obvious picks like, Cast, Mind and EP Cut on all of your mages.

You don't need a guide. Just stick water and wind and maybe an earth on Estelle's big line and load Joshua's main line with grimdark. The sepith count system is completely mindless once you know you can just look up the numbers you want.

Alright, thanks for the help, now I'll just have to get enough sepith to unlock the slots that are left and to synthesize some quartz.

Don't make it sound harder than it actually is user. Just stick good quartz in and you'll get it. Its why arts was so overpowered compared to CS

No, the major factor for arts being so OP was because DEF scaling was fucking retarded in FC and SC, and enemies barely had ADF unless specifically made to be killed by melee.

Rean may have been generic ass LN protag until CS3 where he becomes a good character, but that's still better than playing as a cuck named Jusis.

>Father is a literal cuck and his brother is not his actual brother.
>Gets figuratively cucked when his loli waifu gets killed and is now being passed around by giant robots

You know what they say, like father like son. There's a reason why based Rufus is the superior Albarea and not the cuck Jusis.

Strange, I just got done with Ruan and I already have all of the slots unlocked.

That's because I didn't bother unlicking the slots and I just traded the sepith for money. Yeah I'm dumb, I know.

dumb reanposter

You can always find the shining pom spawn point for the chapter you're in and farm some sepith that way.

>butthurt Jusiscuck
Rean was shit too. I'm just a based Rufusbro.

>autisically yelling KEK KEK
You ain't fooling anyone, reanposter.

>if you don't like Jusis you're a reanposter
Jusisfags pls go

This samefag shitposting is boring. Go away.

Oh right, I forgot about the poms.

I love Reanfag!

Why are twin swordsmen so cool in Kiseki?

Because they get the cutest girls.