Etrian Odyssey General

>Everything EO (References, Music, Art Books, etc.)
pastebin.com/cdfQmt11

>EOV
atlus.com/etrian5/
sq-atlus.jp/sq5/
>EOV guild cards
imgur.com/a/oweN7

>EMD2
sq-atlus.jp/sfd2/

EOV releases October 17th for NA (Digital for EU), November 3rd for EU.

Previous Thread:

Regal radiance!

Fang!

Fancy Fang.
T2 portraits when?

Dumb ribbon poster.

Second fencer potrait > nene fencer.

It's not like the franchise has you mostly walk through forests anyways.
And the second stratum of EOV feels the least dungeon-y of any dungeon in the series.

>remember that fond memories where my ninja waifu dodged all attacks from Death Mantis while her clone used Nectar on all four fallen members
She's still best waifu till now.

i've never played etrian odyssey and i just pre-ordered EOV

is this okay?

Wow you really convinced me with that shit opinion

You dun' fucked up

EOU2 Stratum 4 kind of got this feel of walking out over the edge for me. Also shows why they didn't follow through. When you turn around and look back at the tree you lose that feel. Copypaste design principles apply limits

oh..

Guys I cant beat Egar

I finally got past his first phase after several hours but then it just becomes totally ridiculous, I cant believe they really expect you to do 5 more phases after that

>One week to find the shortcut from 2F to 3F
Scrubs. I bet they painted door tiles too.

It's a good entry point. Not the easiest but simple enough to not get completely overwhelmed by difficulty.

The stories have little to no connection so you can start anywhere.

Sylas is even harder dude.
He also has curse damage conditional

>Not painting door tiles
What kind of pleb are you?

Do multiple attack debuffs stack, like 1sword Masurao's passive and necromancers debuff?

>Some people already close to finish the game
Come on guys, don't rush, let's enjoy it fully.

Lingering Scent is what makes Healer Botanist the best medic in the series. Maxed out, one use gives you 10 turns of Party Heal, full party Unbind, or full party Refresh. The only way it's even somewhat balanced is that it takes up a buff slot, but that also means that even if your Medic is bound, status'ed, or even killed, the effects will still continue.

>he hasn't killed star child a year ago

What passive are you talking about, sacred sword? It should just increase the bunny defense IIRC. Also I can't recall necro having an attack debuff. In any case, enemies have 3 debuff slots that stack addictivly unless the description states otherwise, meaning that if you have a 40% defense debuff and a 30% defence debuff then the enemy has 70% less defense.

Necromancer has a defence debuff and a magical defence buff. Do you mean Harbinger?
Things that decrease damage stack multiplicatively.
So and enemy under Spirit Sword and Stifling Miasma would deal 0.8*0.8=64% damage.

Things that increase damage stack additively in EOV - except for a few exceptions.

yeah i was talking about spirit sword, the calculator says it makes the target deal 20% less damage for the rest of the turn
>>
I misread soul candy, I thought it worked for both types of defense, that does change things

This, I think, is wrong. Buffs are additive, debuffs are multiplicative. That's to stop you smacking some shit down to 10% ATT by layering effects.

not him but i didn't pirate it because i don't want to hack my 3ds. i'm dirt poor. and it's a lot cheaper to buy the game than to have to buy a fucking new 3ds if i mess up the hack or nintendo bricks it.

speaking of which, does it have the atlus tax? is it $50? i might not even be able to buy the game on launch if it's got the atlus tax.. that's how poor i am.

>water tiles at the edges of the map in the 1st stratum
>pit tiles at the edges of the map in the 2nd stratum
This is triggering me so much. Way more than even touching corners.

>Entire thread is nothing but people asking "is my team good", "how do I use X class?", and spoilers
This is [not] good!

Good morning /etriam/!

does the rabbit's line attack buff stack with the shaman's attack buff?

Should i rush the dog for easier binds?

Yes.

You forgot the forth kind of post: people complaining about things that get posted instead of starting their own discussion.

It's release time - wait two months and we will be back to Fang-posting.

Welcome to the internet.

Am I supposed to be so horribly poor during the first stratum? I've reached the 5th floor and it feels like my ventures into the labryinth barely pay for themselves right now and I can't get close to upgrading gear.

What should we do then ? Telling our headcanons, talking about the possible improvement for the series, discussing the possible classes for the future game, posting more waifus ?

Additively, yes.
Also note that the shaman buff hits elemental attacks too, which high ground doesn't.

>read some of anons' QRs
>people in the second stratum have barely over 10 union skill uses
How? Why? Those are some broken shit, especially human racials. Cheap as fuck party healing and not one, but three hit negation. Do people just ignore the racial skill tab in the race for minmaxing their class skills?

the shop owner's dialogue made me cringe so hard i wanted to kill myself. then the cringe turned into anger and i wanted to kill atlus.
it's like they took the most obnoxious faggot from the subreddit for furries and had him do the translation.
i have voices turned off and i can't even imagine how bad his VA must be, nails on chalkboard tier i'm guessing?

>Sharing headcanons
Yes.
>Talking about improvements
Sure, as long as we're not still bashing on EOIV/EO1U/EO2U.
>Possible classes
EO3U Imperial WHEN?
>Posting more waifus?
As long as you post some husbando to balance it out.

>Am I supposed to be so horribly poor during the first stratum?
Yes.
Money management is one of the obstacles - you have to prioritize equipment and can't buy every small upgrade.

i don't use overpowered casual faggot shit.
>square enix reaction image
but i see you're no stranger to casual shit yourself so i see how it's appealing to you.

Even before I started farming for +5 weapons I had more than 10 Mana Heal uses.

Yes, you are supposed to be a poor fuck unless you spend points in gathering skills. Make sure your trips are worth it and use threads to get out only if you really have to. Also forging should give you enough firepower and that's "free"

Reminder that using skills in EO is cheating.
If you do I will call you names because you play vidya differently from me.

DEAL
DEALDEALDEAL
DEAL
WANNAQUIPITHERE
DEAL

i have the voices turned off. when you do group race skills, do your characters exclaim epic dragon ball z quotes? or do they just scream like retards?
this was the worst addition to EO in my opinion either way.

>square enix reaction image
What did xhe mean by that?

PAM PAM
BLING
YES, A JOB WELL DONE

Part of me want to enjoy the thread as i play EOV but part of me don't because spoilers is fucking everywhere.

Speaking of elemental attacks.
If an attack has physical/elemental damage, can it somehow benefit from physical and elemental buffs twice?

My Energetic potato shouts: "Lets get pumped!"

>playing dub
You deserve it faggot.

READY BASTARDS?
UNLEASH THE BEAST
HERE, ALLOW ME
DO I REALLY HAVE TO?
WOOOOOOHOOOO
*Bound all enemy parts*

you asked why i don't use them. this is another reason they're anime as fuck
i prefer for the anime in EO to be exclusive to the character portraits. i don't want it anywhere else.
my bad
as if the jap dub is superior in this context.

>potato shaman
>use the healing thingy that dispels buffs
>she angrily screams "shut your mouth!"

It gets benefits of both and targets whatever the enemy is weaker to between them, mixed elemental attacks are very good

Yes.
Thunder Fist (volt + bash) will take advantage of High Ground (physical buff) and Amplifier (magical buff).
It does not get a double boost from a single Ruinous Prayer - that one simply increases damage of everything that has one of the six elements (which is pretty much everything).

im going to throw up
i want to turn the voices on for a while to torture myself but i'm scared i'll never be able to unfuck my perception of my characters and ruin my roleplaying forever

Well yeah, if you actively seek out the worst voices in the game you'll be exposed to some pretty bad stuff.

If you don't like the voices, you can always turn them off - or create five mute characters.
This way you have less anime than is needed to be there.

(I'm also not the user you answered in the beginning.)

Get used to it or leave for a walk

>Potato herbalist
>Does nothing all fight
>"strenght... is everything."
>Level up healing herb
>"eheheheh..."
>Unlock sweeping herb
>"AHAHAHAH!"
Dude's crazy.

I wish she was this cute in game

I really liked walking between the towers in EO1 Shinjuku

>hated his voice in jp version
>atlus usa managed to make it even worse
bravo

Please don't use the word waifu in a jokey way. Some people are serious about it.

does no one at atlus usa have self-awareness? how many people are on their team exactly? at least a thousand? a thousand people and no one said "hey this dialogue you translated for the shop owner is kind of embarrassing. were you inspired by Gaia Online forums when you wrote it?". "hey maybe you should give the shop owner's VA better direction or consider recasting him."

>waah waah muh spoilers
Stop being a pussy ass bitch

I used to think they weren't good but now I like them since I know there is some autist like you seething with rage over it.

>level 1 Abating Chant for infinite 10TP 200% damage AoE skills
>level 5 Abating Chant for lots of 15TP 230% damage AoE skills
>level 10 Abating Chant for some 20TP 250% damage AoE skills
WHICH IS BEST

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

this. if you care even a little bit about the story in EO you should go back to whatever shithole faggot franchise you came from.
and if you're referring to map and tactic "spoilers" then you should also fuck off. you're going to map every floor either way, who gives a fuck. and tactics are useless unless you have an identical party. what are you going to do, grind to copy the guy giving advice? haha.
please don't tell me you consider seeing the horrible shitty pokemon inspired 3D models for boss fights a spoiler.
i wrote three sentences about it wow i cant believe how angry i am, have you ever seen anyone this mad? three sentences wow

Is the only way to get meat is to have a Therian with hunting racial?

tfw cant have dog rover+necro on same team necessitating either shaman or botanist with one of them

if harbinger could get attonement sooner you could use that for clutch aoe healing instead but its so far out Im too uncomfortable waiting that long for it

>I'm not mad!
He mad

Stop with the Teachposting already.

Or to buy it at the tavern, if the trader is there.
There are no meat nodes in the labyrinth so you can only get it in events.

the voice acting is region locked?

idk what this meme word is, i'm probably going to filter it along with other meme words like potato. it's not funny and makes no sense.

Calm your tits jesus christ

When ARE they there? After I talked to the traders for the first time, when they had the speech bubble, only the berry one showed up since. Others just disappeared.
>There are no meat nodes in the labyrinth
What about those hunting nodes? Are they one time events and don't replenish? Like the wheat or apple nodes.

calling things meme words is a meme

Using warlock's very limited skill points on something useful instead

It means you are acting like an autistic grandpa that can't accept any kind of change or innovation without bitching on an anonimous imageboard, just like the protector "Teacher"

There is no dual audio.
But an user already made an undub if you want JP voices.

So I noticed the barren amount of fanarts for pic-related. Is it just the series is a niche as always?

calling things spoilers that aren't isn't innovation haha

She's just Alraune with a skirt.

All the meat events I ever found disappeared after the first use. They even gave XP as opposed to actual nodes.

I am not sure what makes patrons appear or disappear.

Is there an undub in game patch form for Luma, like for the demo, or just the pre-patched cia?

In EOIV, why can't my Landsknecht use skills? He's got a machete, a shield and some armour, and he should be able to use sonic raid/links, but the skill button is greyed out in combat

how convoluted is that to set up?

Do you CFW?

Are there any dishes that use meat?
I wish you could store food at the inn like you can items. I'm carrying some olives, because I'm afraid they might be needed for high level dishes, and I also made a fuckton of honeyed fruits (from the ingredients which I really should've used for pancakes), but I never use them.

looked into it, but never did it myself

HUH
HUH
HUH
HUH
HUH