/wtg/ - War Thunder General

Proper new thread you frog piece of shit Edition

Previously, on /wtg/: →

>Official Site:
warthunder.com/

NOTE: You get given a premium aircraft for your first victory in game!
Need a faster download? Switch Language in Launcher.

>Wiki with Release Trees and General Tactics:
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php

>Fan created skins, missions, locations, fictions etc...
live.warthunder.com/ (Warning! Pure weeaboo and horsefucker autism abound)

>Ammunition Types
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Category:Ammunition

>All the Air RB/SB maneuvers you would want to know + Engine thingamabobs:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=200974026

>Every Airplane Instrument Panel translated
mediafire.com/view/q4nybrogygdchdb/ND's_aircraft_reference_guide.pdf

>Youtube Channel with Tutorials and Gameplay Videos
youtube.com/user/galahadgawain/playlists

>Steam community:
steamcommunity.com/groups/warthundervg

>Joystick Comparisons:
xbitlabs.com/articles/multimedia/display/joystick-roundup_8.html

>DIY Headtracking
pcgamer.com/how-to-build-your-own-ir-head-tracker/
ebay.com/itm/161710468074

>Chart displaying weapon effectiveness against ground units
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H1_cSnYKSKbU6Giql2bMDdFoXefeq6ENWuvjQbtquMs/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Px6G3kvcWbiS-sdIR6r4s7lSwfcxguUgJw95qj0NIzs/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QiNdAJr5cpc?t=2h11m29s
implyingrigged.info/wiki//wtg/#Players
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

fugg forgot to replace previous thread link

>this OP and the other one
You both are equally retarded

the absolute STATE of wtg right now

Have you tried it in AB while being uptiered?

in for whaat ?

SO VERY GENEROUS)))) THANK YOU GAIJIN)))))))))

I've researched the whole Soviet GF tree, I know what I'm talking about

Okay then user, I trust you on that.

I know that the T34-85 at 5.3 is just superb, my best tank by far. But the one at 5.7 fighting anything above 6.3 is just a pain, impossible to flank in AB unless the enemy is absolute shat

flank hard or get dicked

idk, I still managed to have a positive k/d ratio, but it's been a while since I last played it, so things might have changed
a shit tank, same gun as T-34-85, but this time it faces tanks way out of its league, so prepare for suffering. At least it has a meme hull
>mfw it was the very same tank which forced me to become a good goy and buy prem because I wanted to get rid of it as soon as possible

Also, when the fuck are they gonna apply BR/economics changes? It's been monday long enough

>idk, I still managed to have a positive k/d ratio, but it's been a while since I last played it, so things might have changed
Have you played it since it went up in BR earlier this year?

I think last I played it was early summer, maybe even May

Is 6.3 any better you recon? I've already played over 300 games with 5.3, but it's atleast better than 5.7 if I have to use that to grind instead

learning how to flank or APCR
or being fucked

I love it, atleast in AB.

It has a lot of payload/cannon options, which includes 3x mk108s which is insane at it's BR.

6.3 is the most hellish part in soviet forces I think, you'll constantly be uptiered, and T-44 is shit, IS-2 mod.44 is subpar and ASU-85 is just trash. But if you endure, you're gonna have great fun with their successors. With T-44-100 you have great mobility, great gun, great torret rotation and a solid armor, IS-3 is just ridiculously OP, a literal memebunker, and obj 906 is one of the most fun tanks in game

How do I get to 7.0/7.3 without touching 5.7 and 6.3 then? They seem fun as hell, but I don't feel like it's worth it if I need to sit through those crappy BRs

either you become a good goy and buy prem or endure, or you can use IS-2 '43 to roflstomp shitters in RB

If the T34-100 was 6.3, then maybe. But I don't see many premiums that seem fun, but I could be wrong as I've never played any of them

>Shoot down a Do-217 and an Fw-190 with my Boston's rear gunner, then land without gear
>Come first on the team by a country mile

Man, sometimes I forget how fun this game can be. It's a shame bombing is nearly impossible now.

I mean premium account

I already have it, still going to take quite a while

Not that guy but I bought t44 122 with 75% off. That was a jump from 4.3 and I did pretty badly for about 50 games.
It feels nice tho, is a chance of pace. I played very aggressive on 4.3 but has to stay back and cover teammates on this br, and it's really satisfying to blow tigers to kingdom come upfront.

then bite the bullet and endure, in a month you should have at least two of them

>in a month you should have at least two of them
You mean 6.3 or 7.0? Seems to go rather quick right now as it is

wait what BR are you in atm?

oh, then good luck, you're in for a ride

Thinking if I should give up or not, just frustration by playing that lineup, and I've already milked my 5.3 dry of any fun

That's just up to you f.am, personally I managed to do it, but I reckon it's really frustrating. Still not as much as IS-4M tho

How the fuck do you enjoy air RB 8.0 and 9.0?

what's the difference between IL-2M, IL-2M "Avenger" and IL-2M3? It's like 3 times same plane.

Jets aren't fun.

BR and economics change FUCKING WHEN

Had another game with it, fucking garbage team as usual at 5.7, and it doesn't help that Tigers and Panthers magically bounce most of my shots where they should pen. I don't get why the T34-85 was given 5.7 in AB, in RB where you can flank, sure.

If 6.3 is worse than this, then I'm giving up on the soviet ground tree. Not worth damaging myself mentally this way.

supposely tomorrow

>Decide to take out T-44 since I haven't used it in ages
>get fucking one-shotted by the first enemy I see who is using HEATFS shells that have 10x the explosive mass of my shells and 3x the penetration at all ranges

I forgot how much I hated this tank.

7.0 jets are. 8.0 jets can be when you don't end up in a 9.0 match which happens maybe 1% of the time.

>not sure should I grind T-64 with a 7.3 lineup of IS-3-Object 268-Object 906-T-4-100
>or with a 7.7 lineup of three T-54s and a IS-4M

explosive mass doesn't matter for HEAT damage, unless vehicle can be hullbroken

wasn't it set for today?

Economic changes? I missed that memo. Where can I read more?

it's still 16th in Russia, 3 or 4 pm

Nevermind found it.

It's half past 6 in Moscow pretty much

That's true, but my niggering Christ the T-44 is a real turd. Everything you face can frontally pen you from a good 5km away, even if you angle, but you can barely penetrate them at any range unless you are using the depressingly ineffectual APCR ammo.

Make the T-44 a 6.0 premium and replace it with the T34-100 at 6.3 when?

I heard the Obj 268 was OP as heck, try it.

Are you guys interested in /wtg/ taking part in the next Veeky Forums League coming this November-December? For those of you who don't know what this is, it's Veeky Forums generals memes duking it out on the football pitch using PES as a game. Here's an example of a /wtg/ match (mind the timestamp): youtu.be/QiNdAJr5cpc?t=2h11m29s

Also feel free to suggest new players to join the roster, this is the current one: implyingrigged.info/wiki//wtg/#Players

Good thing you're not in charge.

Yes, it probably is, user.

I am fwiw, as long as we do better.

We will never do better than in our first cup where we reached the final without a manager

>Also feel free to suggest new players to join the roster
a Lawnmower

>wake up
>no blog

>monday
Wow!

>lets take a prototype that worked but was designated unneeded and make that a premium and swap it with a premium that didn't actually work IRL
how retarded are you

t44 wasn't even a prototype

The T-44 is basically just a significantly more outclasses T-34-85 with no advantages to make up for how poor its armament is, and it's depressing to use.

>M-mobility!

It's only as mobile as its contemporary medium tanks while also being significantly under-armed and much easier to kill. If you really want mobility, you can use a light tank like the M41A1 that ultimately fights the same opponents. The T-44 is never down-tiered to 5.3, ever.

>Sloped front armour!

Everyone at 7.0 (who you will be facing exclusively) uses HEATFS or shells that are so powerful that they totally ignore your pitiful 90mm of angled armour. If you somehow face 5.3-6.0 enemies it works, but let's be honest and admit that never happens

>Just use APCR!

The only time you should be shooting people in the T-44 is if you are behind them, so APCR is useless. If you are in front of someone, you are fucking dead.

The T-44 is in such an awkward spot where it's too strong to be a 6.0, and face 5.0 opponents, but it's far too weak to be constantly facing 7.0 opponents.

>The T-44 is never down-tiered to 5.3, ever.
stopped reading there

it's like the T-54 1947 that's too strong for 7.3 but too weak for 7.7

Maybe my winrate is just too xXHARDCOREXx420 but my most frequent opponents are 6.7 to 7.0 in the T-44. When I drive my 5.3 to 5.7 tanks I never see people in the T-44, but then again it's also a massively unpopular tank.

I love the T44 (when she doesn't make me feel dirty for games being too easy)
Have you ever considered that you're just shit?

What aspect do you love? People say this all the time, but can never expand upon what single aspect of the T-44 makes it worth using in the slightest. If you get down-tiered it's a fine tank, or even if you fight other 6.0 to 6.3 tanks, but that is such a rare occurrence.

user, I was joking, obviously.

I see at least one every time I play kraut 5.3/5.7, which is, mind you, the most popular soviet BR because every slavic fuck just rushes to the glorious stalinium 34/85
but even disregarding that blatant lie your other point's are moot aswell, it has decent speed in all directions and good handling, it's armor is better than every panther's, including paper 2, the first patton, every teeb medium before the chief and every fucking nipp tank in existence
It's gun is clearly the worst aspect of it but it still doesn't give a fuck about slopes and is more than adequate if you can take a split second to aim at a weakspot or, y'know, just flank)))

>Have to aim at enemy weak points
>Enemies (6.7 and 7.0, the only people you'll face) can just shoot you straight in the sloped armour and one shot you

what to do in stock g6 when a spitnigger is above me

good tanks or just a meme? Charioteer is such a pain

J out and deny the nigger a kill

>he doesn't swiftly press esc and leave the vehicle within

question for the bong tanks

when i have the APDS unlocked for the fv4202 and the caernarvon

is it worth it to bring both the apds and the original solid shot or do i just take the apds out.

Solid shot becomes pretty much obsolete once you get APDS.

They're both solid shot so just pick the stronger one.

>french planes
literally who asked for this

Forum autists

>M46 AP APCBC and APCR all bounce off the side of a stationary IS-6
The IS-6 gives no advantage what so ever.

nope, none whatsoever)))))

Then maybe stop shooting the angled sides and go for lower side plates. Those are 100mm flat.

When is the update coming out anyways?

Guess the plane. Also post comfy cockpits.

I meant to say the side of the turret but I must've left it out. But eventually he turned the back of his turret to me to kill a T29 so I was able to HEAT his ammo and he died.

couple weeks

Just fight premium with premium, buckaroo. :^)

This, why French and not gypsy planes?

fuck off Ion

certainly comrade))))

>shells hits lower part of the Mantlet
>300mm of armor
>still goes through
What the fuck is this?

I remember checking back when that happened, turns out there's a weak area right down there.

What planes did Romania make other than that retarded Dora clone with a fat nose?

no bias

>300mm
Shows how much you know, shitter.

You're right. Its 305 not 300.

It didn't even hit that part you fucking idiot.
It hit the face of the turret, the part below the mantlet.

only time you'd use vanilla ammo is if you literally cannot afford silver lions to shoot the apds

is it just me or does a premium/talisman tank make no difference on gains in pve

What webm did you watch?

Welcome to German T5